User Reviews for Paclitaxel protein-bound

Also known as: Abraxane

Learn more about Paclitaxel protein-bound.

Breast Cancer 3 reviews 54 medications

9.7
Pancreatic Cancer 1 reviews 14 medications

Breast Cancer, Metastatic 1 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paclitaxel protein-bound reviews 5 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Paclitaxel protein-bound

Review by Michelle I (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Abraxane (paclitaxel protein-bound) for Breast Cancer: Have just finished 12 weeks of this for Stage 2 breast cancer. After my first chemo I was told to go and buy some gastro stop for the drive home but I have been very lucky. The only side effects I have had is some aching in my thumbs but I can live with that. I am now about to start Femara for five years and reading some of the reviews and side effects a bit worried.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2014 9:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pancreatic Cancer: My husband has had good results. Some of the side effects he has experienced are diarrhea, occasional nausea, foot pain, hair loss. His tumor markers were lower significantly in a short period of time - from 26,000 to 1,000 within 3 months. Oncologist was very please with his results.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2014 12:37 AM

Review by Penney855 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Abraxane (paclitaxel protein-bound) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: I have been given Abraxane and Avastin together and after one treatment I had no more pain. I didn't have alot of side effects. Maybe hair loss, which was the least of my concerns.

February 27, 2013 9:52 PM

Review by Screenliz (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Abraxane (paclitaxel protein-bound) for Breast Cancer: This medicine saved my life! I received it weekly for 6 months.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2012 12:28 PM

Abraxane (paclitaxel protein-bound) for Breast Cancer: Helped lower tumor markers significantly when recurrence occurred. Slowed cancer growth for 6 mos before neuropathy got too bad. Did not make my wife as sick as Adriamycin/Cytoxin which was her primary treatment at first occurrence. On the downside, our insurance company, BCBS Illinois did not cover Abraxane and we were left with a $54,000 bill. Drug company eventually provided replacement drug as hardship.

May 5, 2011 4:59 PM