User Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids

Also known as: Animi-3, Animi-3 with Vitamin D, Cardio Omega Benefits, Divista, Dry Eye Omega Benefits, EPA Fish Oil, Fish Oil, Fish Oil Ultra, Flex Omega Benefits, Icar Prenatal Essential Omega-3, Lovaza, Marine Lipid Concentrate, MaxEPA, MaxiTears Dry Eye Formula, MaxiVision Omega-3 Formula, ...show all 38 brand names

Learn more about Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.

Hypertriglyceridemia 6 reviews 49 medications

8.6
ADHD 6 reviews 32 medications

Dietary Supplementation 7 reviews 474 medications

Summary of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids reviews 19 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids

TheraTears Nutrition (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "Sugested by ophthalmic surge after lasik surgery caused lack of tears. After few days had flu like symptoms; achy, chilled, gas, diarrhea. I thought I had the flu, so started again two days later - same symptoms lasting all day. Still didn't relate pills to symptoms - up all night and spacey the next day. Stopped taking the dang things and feel fine now, but still have dry eyes."

dawnypoo (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: "Fish oil is such a wonderful alternative to medication! We were opposed to medication due to nasty side effects and other reasons, but with fish oil, there are none, and yet our son's focus has improved drastically. I would absolutely recommend both fish oil and Krill oil for focus, just make sure it's a high quality fish oil that is toxin tested."

Patty S (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2014

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: "Been taking Nordic Naturals Fish Oil for over 2 years and it has seriously had a positive effect. The only problem is, I started to try the Cod liver oil and it makes me feel really dizzy and strange."

John127128959 August 5, 2014

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "It was suggested that I supplement my diet with fish oil, don't remember if it was for my high blood pressure or arthritis, but she was a nurse and I said yes. Three weeks later, my stomach will not settle, everything I eat makes me feel "too full", gassy, and nauseous, and there is nothing but (please pardon me) liquid for stools. As of today I am discontinuing use to see if that is my problem. I hope this helps someone suffering in the same manner I am."

KANG- Ra May 18, 2014

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Worked very well. Triglicerides went from 2,000 to 600 in just 3 weeks. The only medication that worked for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2012

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for : "3 months back doctor told me that my cholesterol levels are slightly on higher side and need to start medication if the levels are same after three months. InsteadI started taking EFA Icon Krill oil a couple months back. Today I got my lab reports and its normal: HDL - 51 LDL - 104 Total Cholesterol - 189"

DannyDT (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2012

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "It made me really sick. I took it for months before I realized it was the fish oil causing my symptoms."

GoAskP April 16, 2012

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "Constipation, bloating, brain fog, muscle pains, amenorrhea, hyponatremia."

GoAskP April 16, 2012

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for : "I took the enteric coated, triple strength, Fish Oil, 1400 mg, one a day for about one week and I develop stomach and abdominal pain, and itching. I stop taking it, and after a week the pain and itching is gone. It is now about a month since I stop taking Fish Oil and the pain and itching did not come back."

Anonymous December 7, 2011

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and was put on Dexedrine and Adderall. I recently was in rehab for alcoholism and a nasty heroin and Xanax addiction. While in rehab the doctors switched me to Wellbutrin which worked well for my ADHD but made my hair fall out. I started researching natural ways and now I take about 200mg of Fish Oil every morning along with vitamin B12 before work. I don't know if it is the placebo effect or what but friends, family and coworkers have noticed I am a lot more focused and my job performance is a lot better."

Anonymous August 4, 2011

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Did not significantly help with my triglycerides. Caused severe chest pain and shortness of breath."

just call me jc July 21, 2011

Omacor (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I use this medicine since several years now, and my triglyceride level has dropped 20-30. Also my cholesterol is OK now. I use 4 grams a day."

Anonymous April 6, 2011

For Dietary Supplementation: "The best thing my Doctor has put me on yet."

grjmmr1 April 3, 2011

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: "Works great with stimulants, but increases heart rate."

Anonymous November 30, 2009

EPA Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "This worked for me! I take 40 mg of Zocor and the fish oil-Omega 3 fatty acids and together they brought my triglycerides below normal levels as well as total cholesterol numbers!"

Anonymous September 7, 2009

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "Lovaza is an omega-3 acid ethyl ester, the only FDA approved prescription supplement which raises HDL cholesterol. People with high triglycerides and heart failure will also benefit using Lovaza. This product out performs over the counter fish oils."

lakeland_florida November 22, 2008

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: "My 8 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 4. We did not start medication until 1st grade, but are glad we finally did. He is currently taking Vyvanse. I read some materials on Fish Oil and brain functioning and specifically ADHD. When my son comes home from school the medication effects are diminishing and he tends to get emotional and irritable. When that happens, we give him 2 fish oil capsules and within about 1/2 hour he usually calms down and returns to focus better. We use Nordic Naturals Omega 3-6-9 Junior with 135 mg EPA and 90 mg DHA. The capsules are lemon flavored, small and easy for a child to swallow."

Anonymous October 9, 2008

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "Very good for all the mentioned conditions including the cardiac, triglycerides, mood, anxiety, and ADHD benefits. I have seen improvement in all these areas."

Anonymous September 21, 2008

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I've used Lovaza for about 8 months and triglycerides are now 900, before it was 3000. My family, sister and father have very high triglycerides. This is the only drug that has ever worked for me and I've used them all. I got my sister to tell her Doctor about it and he put her on Omacor, hers went from 1000 to 250 in 3 months. I just wonder how common this illness is. "

hitri June 22, 2008

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Omacor (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I have had hypothyroidisim since I was 10 years old. I am not over weight, I do not eat red meat but my cholesterol is close to 300. I have used 5 different statins, they work but I am left with cramping in my thighs or my gut and therefore I can't take them. Omacor lowerd my cholesterol to 212 without pain of any kind. It is a more natural approach to cholesterol. managment."

Anonymous June 20, 2008

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: "It helped with the ADHD and helped my son to focus better."

mitcore June 5, 2008