User Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids

Also known as: Animi-3, Animi-3 with Vitamin D, Cardio Omega Benefits, Divista, Dry Eye Omega Benefits, EPA Fish Oil, Fish Oil, Fish Oil Ultra, Flex Omega Benefits, Icar Prenatal Essential Omega-3, Lovaza, Marine Lipid Concentrate, MaxEPA, MaxiTears Dry Eye Formula, MaxiVision Omega-3 Formula, Mi-Omega, Mi-Omega NF, Mom's Omega Advantage, Omacor, Omega 3-6-9 Complex, Omega Essentials, Omega Essentials Basic, Omega-3, Omega-500, Proepa, Sea-Omega, Sea-Omega 30, Sea-Omega 70, Super-EPA, TheraTears Nutrition, TherOmega, Vascazen

Learn more about Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.

Hypertriglyceridemia 6 reviews 44 medications

7.3
Summary of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids reviews 15 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: Worked very well. Triglicerides went from 2,000 to 600 in just 3 weeks. The only medication that worked for me.

May 12, 2012 4:08 AM
Review by DannyDT (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): 3 months back doctor told me that my cholesterol levels are slightly on higher side and need to start medication if the levels are same after three months. InsteadI started taking EFA Icon Krill oil a couple months back. Today I got my lab reports and its normal: HDL - 51 LDL - 104 Total Cholesterol - 189

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 8, 2012 7:46 AM
Review by GoAskP: User Rating:

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: It made me really sick. I took it for months before I realized it was the fish oil causing my symptoms.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2012 12:12 AM
Review by GoAskP: User Rating:

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: Constipation, bloating, brain fog, muscle pains, amenorrhea, hyponatremia.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2012 12:04 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): I took the enteric coated, triple strength, Fish Oil, 1400 mg, one a day for about one week and I develop stomach and abdominal pain, and itching. I stop taking it, and after a week the pain and itching is gone. It is now about a month since I stop taking Fish Oil and the pain and itching did not come back.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 7, 2011 5:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and was put on Dexedrine and Adderall. I recently was in rehab for alcoholism and a nasty heroin and Xanax addiction. While in rehab the doctors switched me to Wellbutrin which worked well for my ADHD but made my hair fall out. I started researching natural ways and now I take about 200mg of Fish Oil every morning along with vitamin B12 before work. I don't know if it is the placebo effect or what but friends, family and coworkers have noticed I am a lot more focused and my job performance is a lot better.

August 4, 2011 3:29 PM
Review by just call me jc: User Rating:

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: Did not significantly help with my triglycerides. Caused severe chest pain and shortness of breath.

July 21, 2011 10:09 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Omacor (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: I use this medicine since several years now, and my triglyceride level has dropped 20-30. Also my cholesterol is OK now. I use 4 grams a day.

April 6, 2011 5:39 AM
Review by grjmmr1: User Rating:

omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids for Dietary Supplementation: The best thing my Doctor has put me on yet.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 3, 2011 5:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: Works great with stimulants, but increases heart rate.

November 30, 2009 2:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

EPA Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: This worked for me! I take 40 mg of Zocor and the fish oil-Omega 3 fatty acids and together they brought my triglycerides below normal levels as well as total cholesterol numbers!

September 7, 2009 7:48 PM
Review by lakeland_florida: User Rating:

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: Lovaza is an omega-3 acid ethyl ester, the only FDA approved prescription supplement which raises HDL cholesterol. People with high triglycerides and heart failure will also benefit using Lovaza. This product out performs over the counter fish oils.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 22, 2008 4:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: My 8 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 4. We did not start medication until 1st grade, but are glad we finally did. He is currently taking Vyvanse. I read some materials on Fish Oil and brain functioning and specifically ADHD. When my son comes home from school the medication effects are diminishing and he tends to get emotional and irritable. When that happens, we give him 2 fish oil capsules and within about 1/2 hour he usually calms down and returns to focus better. We use Nordic Naturals Omega 3-6-9 Junior with 135 mg EPA and 90 mg DHA. The capsules are lemon flavored, small and easy for a child to swallow.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 9, 2008 11:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids for Dietary Supplementation: Very good for all the mentioned conditions including the cardiac, triglycerides, mood, anxiety, and ADHD benefits. I have seen improvement in all these areas.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 21, 2008 10:34 PM
Review by hitri: User Rating:

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: I've used Lovaza for about 8 months and triglycerides are now 900, before it was 3000. My family, sister and father have very high triglycerides. This is the only drug that has ever worked for me and I've used them all. I got my sister to tell her Doctor about it and he put her on Omacor, hers went from 1000 to 250 in 3 months. I just wonder how common this illness is.

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 22, 2008 11:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Omacor (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: I have had hypothyroidisim since I was 10 years old. I am not over weight, I do not eat red meat but my cholesterol is close to 300. I have used 5 different statins, they work but I am left with cramping in my thighs or my gut and therefore I can't take them. Omacor lowerd my cholesterol to 212 without pain of any kind. It is a more natural approach to cholesterol. managment.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 20, 2008 8:15 PM
Review by mitcore: User Rating:

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: It helped with the ADHD and helped my son to focus better.

June 5, 2008 4:07 AM