User Reviews for Olopatadine

Also known as: Pataday, Patanol, Pazeo

Learn more about Olopatadine.

Olopatadine Review Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis.

Reviews for Olopatadine to treat Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis

Patanol (olopatadine): "I first tried Patanol last year. I had been crying a lot one day and my eyes felt incredibly dry and irritated afterwards. My roommate, a nurse, gave me a new bottle of Patanol (she had just been switched to another rx instead) to help my burning eyes. I had never experienced such immediate, profound relief with any OTC dry eye drops, gels, etc. for my dry eye symptoms! Now I have my own Rx, and it still works wonders for my bad dry eyes."

Mackintosh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine): "I love these drops. They really fixed my watery sore eyes. Only $5 with my insurance in Canada. Not sure how much it would be if my insurance didn't cover it but probably not too much. Life saver."

NurseKate04 June 25, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine): "ever since I can remember my eyes have always itched and every day I would rub/knuckle my eyes and I did some research to find out that rubbing your eyes everyday can result in permanent vision loss so I went to the clinic and was prescribed patanol and it has worked wonders. I am very grateful for modern medicine. A lot of people are paying an arm and a leg but I'm in the military and Uncle Sam takes car of me."

QofB May 9, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine): "It has worked wonders for my daughter but for those talking about the pricey copay I don't have insurance and it cost me $334.00 for a 5 ml bottle. Now that is what I call pricey."

kiab March 25, 2015

Pataday (olopatadine): "I have terrible allergies year round. My eyes would swell so bad that my contacts would pop out or stick to my eyelids. This takes care of my allergies at their worst. I can wear my contacts again. I haven't had any side effects. Originally, I was paying $90 for a tiny bottle but my allergist gave me a coupon that lowers the price to $25. Definitely ask about the coupon if you need Pataday."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2015

Patanol (olopatadine): "Even though Patanol is a bit pricy even with insurance (about $30), and without about $190, it's better than rubbing my eyes so hard every day and having my contacts come out from them itching so bad. It absolutely works. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is just because it's annoying to have to wait 10 minutes to put my contacts in when I'm getting ready in the mornings as it has to be absorbed before you do."

Anonymous55 August 23, 2014

Pataday (olopatadine): "Prescribed before and after cataract surgery with good results, decreased itching, tearing, reddening, which lessened the urge to rub eyes post surgery. Only drawback for me, must be used daily or you are back to square one. Did not interfere with post surgery meds. It does have a cost factor."

group lady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2014

Patanol (olopatadine): "It is the best. It is very expensive my allergy doctor helps me by giving me samples sometimes. There a program to help."

fleming64 January 2, 2014

Patanol (olopatadine): "This has been the only eye drop ever to be calming/soothing and effective almost immediately. The only downside is that it has been expensive with insurance at $30 and then $40. "

Itchy Eyes Momma (taken for 10 years or more) September 14, 2013

Patanol (olopatadine): "My doctor prescribed this medicine for my itchy, watery and irritated eyes... indeed, it is very effective but it is also pricy."

Vic C (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 16, 2013

Patanol (olopatadine): "I'm using these eye drops, to get rid of redness, in my eyes, due to dry eye syndrome. While I do like how it works, it is way too expensive, at 45.00 a copay, and I have very good health insurance. "

D517 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2013

Pataday (olopatadine): "Had to use this 3 times per day at least. It wasn't working and I ran out of it in 2 weeks. I gave it another shot but then doctor switched me to Lastacaft, which is working better at once per day."

Bella123123 November 5, 2011

Pataday (olopatadine): "I've been using Pataday, and I developed a funny taste in my mouth (somewhat minty) and burning in my throat."

Anonymous August 15, 2011

Pataday (olopatadine): "Pataday seemed to do the trick for a few weeks, but after a month or so, I developed conjunctivitis. I thought perhaps I was sick and continued using the eye drops, but over time, my conjunctivitis worsened."

Ugh... my eyes! July 2, 2011

Pataday (olopatadine): "These drops have definitely helped with the itching, but my eyes are still red. And I've developed a sore throat and headache."

Anonymous June 30, 2011

Pataday (olopatadine): "Pataday is amazing. One little drop in each eye in the morning, and the redness goes away within seconds. Pataday definitely improves my vision throughout the day, especially during allergy season. And, you only have to wait 15 minutes before you can put your contacts in. I don't experience any side effects, except a thinner wallet."

ArIck May 31, 2011

Patanol (olopatadine): "I started having red eyes. After the third day of not seeing any progress (I thought I had allergies). I went to the doctor for a diagnosis to find out I had "pink eye". He prescribed me Patanol to control the redness and told me to just wait as "pink eye" is a virus and will go away on its own. I decided to still buy the prescription to find out it cost $160 for 5ml tiny bottle! I used it twice a day (as prescribed) and my eyes were back to its normal white shade in couple of days. I never heard of this eye drop. It is really expensive but seems to be worthy."

User from New York City January 11, 2011

Patanol (olopatadine): "I was prescribed this for my allergies and took it only a couple of times. I have an auto-immune disorder that causes dry eyes and this medicine made them drier. It also made them itch more and become redder."

Anonymous September 7, 2010

"I have used this for at least 10 years and is the only eye drops I can get that truly works!"

msfacts21-spam November 17, 2009

Pataday (olopatadine): "I'm 31 and have developed severe allergies over the past couple of years. My eyes are horrible, itchy, watery, burning at times. I finally broke down and went to an allergist. I am allergis to cats and dog, plus Dust Mites. Yay! I have 2 cats. She gave me a sample of Pataday, with a prescription. I have been using them everyday for 5 days, one drop in each eye in the morning. A M A Z I N G!!! My eyes are so clear, they don't itch, they don't water but a little in the morning and then I'm good the rest of the day. I haven't rubbed them in five days, they are finally starting to heal. I have rubbed them raw with all the itching. I love these drops and can't wait to fill the prescription! My miracle eye drops. Thank you!"

MOJO528 October 2, 2009

Patanol (olopatadine): "This medication helped with my allergies greatly! The only problem is that it stung a little when first using it."

PSmith23 July 17, 2009

Patanol (olopatadine): "Great medicine, I've been using it everyday for 5 years now, really helps to control and relieve my conjunctivitis, and it keeps the whites of my eyes clear (they used to be red/yellowish often). However, for serious cases of conjunctivitis (which hit me once a year at the beginning of summer), it doesn't really help, and you'll have to see your ophthalmologist for steroid drops. The major downside is the price. $35-40 for a 5ml bottle here in NZ."

nzgirl March 21, 2009

Patanol (olopatadine): "It's good and light on eyes. My doctor prescribed it as I'm having a lot of secretions from my eyes in the morning. Patanol helped me and the good thing is it's safe to use long term."

ShadyEGY February 4, 2009

Patanol (olopatadine): "I have allergic conjunctivitis and it made my eyes feel much better - not so itchy, red and swollen."

CaptainM July 16, 2008

Pataday (olopatadine): "This worked great. It immediately cleared up all the watering. With only having to use the medicine once a day it is so easy."

Anonymous July 14, 2008