User Reviews for Nicotrol Inhaler

Learn more about Nicotrol Inhaler.

Nicotrol Inhaler Review Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Nicotrol Inhaler to treat Smoking Cessation

"A 1-pack smoker for 50 years. Legal professional (not an atty). Lung cancer operation coming up on 7/8/15. Pretty healthy otherwise - Stage 1A or 2A. Nicotrol prescribed by my Providence primary. Both my Providence pulmonologist and 30-year cardiocthoracic surgeon are fine with my taking Nicotrol even going into a lung operation where the lower half of my right lung will be removed in robotic surgery as nicotine itself is not a carcinogen. Upon my diagnosis I stopped inhaling cigarettes and switched to only 1, yes 1, Nicotrol cartridge per day. More and I would be dizzy, etc. No crankiness or cravings, not even right after a meal. Nicotine intake can be controlled with this product. Highly recommend."

Lung Cancer Patient June 26, 2015

"This does seem to take the edge off but it has been making me feel mega spaced out and lethargic. Almost like smoking pot. At least I'm too spacey too be cranky!"

Sanga January 15, 2015

"Day 6 and I have not had a cigarette. No struggle with withdrawal symptoms seems like a puff on the inhaler solves that issue. Glad I decided to try this. I believe I will make it this time."

joeline (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2013

"I've been a smoker for 28 years and have been trying everything ( patches, gum, etc.) to quit for 10 years. I started using the Nicotrol Inhaler a week ago, and have not smoked one cigarette since. Unfortunately I'm going to have to stop using the inhaler because of the side effects. Extreme dizziness, fatigue, a spacey feeling, insomnia, and low blood pressure, and I've only been using two of the recommended six nicotine cartridges. Real shame, because I felt like it was starting to help me, and now I'll have to go cold turkey which has never worked for me in the past. "

Bummed April 26, 2012

"I was a smoker for about 35 years smoking as much as 3 packs a day. Although there is no magic when it comes to quitting this product helped a great deal. The whole hand to mouth thing and it is like smoking without the smoke. With this and a lot of hard candy and determination I quit about 4 months ago. If I can do it, you can too.I am loving not spending 5-6 dollars a day on cigarettes."

robertlewis May 5, 2011

"I had been smoking for 9 years. I was extremely skeptical of ever quitting. My main problems were when I tried to go cold turkey my fuse became super short and I would have panic attacks but this inhaler has helped tremendously. I have been smoke free for 7 months now and I do need to say it has been the hardest thing I have ever accomplished."

John1984 August 15, 2010

"I smoked for more than 30 years. I quit 11 years ago with the Nicotrol Inhaler and was successful for 3 years. Then I had a relapse, but I have been smoke free for 1 year again. Both times I used the inhaler and it really helps. I can't say I don't still want a cigarette sometimes, but I don't think you ever get over that craving completely. Quitting with the aid of the Nicotrol Inhaler is all you need to become smoke free."

Grandma of 8 April 20, 2010

"Update - I have been using the inhaler and been smoke free for 4 months. The inhaler was very useful the 1st couple months in managing the hand to mouth habit. It does not have the same enjoyable sensation of taking a drag, but it is an adequate substitute. Although I never used the recommended dosage, for the last month I have only been using 2 to 3 cartridges a week and those are more in an attempt to prevent me from eating than a need for nicotine. One thing that has really been a benefit is the reduced stress of travel as I no longer need to worry about when I can have my next cigarette!"

FS FROM PB November 19, 2009

"I was a smoker for almost 40 years, with occasional attempts at quitting with the nicotine patch/gum, cinnamon sticks, & cold turkey. None of those worked since I constantly craved a real cigarette. I've now been using the Nicotrol Inhaler for over 2 weeks. I am amazed; as soon as I start to crave a cigarette, I just grab the inhaler and take a few puffs; that ends that craving. Even when a canister is "dead" I still puff on it; it helps keep me on an even keel, having something in my mouth that I can puff on helps. I use 6 to 14 canisters a day, depending on both my stress and boredom levels, especially since some of my smoking was when I was bored. Only negative for me has been interrupted sleep, a small price to pay."

catsalady November 18, 2009

"I am on day 3 of not smoking. I was a pack a day smoker for over 30 years. I have never tried to quit before. I think I have done very well. I have had some restlessness and some concentration issues but for the most part I can't say it has been hard. I have this inhaler and I use 1 cartridge a day. I know they say to use at least 6 but I can't even imagine using 6. I know that I have it if I need it and I have not had any side effects from it. Maybe a little high feeling but nothing to write home about."

Anonymous June 10, 2009

"I could not believe how drawing on the Nicotrol Inhaler felt like a real cigarette. I was able to finally quit by having this in my pocket and pulling it out just when absolutely needed. I used it for 2 days and that was all I needed. I had smoked for 24 years about a pack a day. I haven't smoked in 11 years."

Jay R. June 3, 2009

"I smoked for 38 years and knew I would need some type of hand to mouth jesture for a nicotine replacement in order to quit. I have been smoke free now for five months. No withdrawel symptoms at all. I am surprised! Great product!"

Anonymous April 8, 2009

"I was a 2 pack a day smoker until I started using the Nicotrol Inhaler. This almost seems like you are smoking but you aren't. Even taste and feels like it. "

Anonymous March 20, 2009

"Although my doctor thought this was far superior to anything else, it just didn't work for me. I was successful in stopping for 4 days. However, I couldn't sleep and I turned into a cranky old man. I had a real short fuse. I can see how this could be good for some but it just wasn't my cup of tea."

Anonymous February 10, 2009

"Have quit smoking for almost two years now, after 30 years of smoking. Still using the inhaler."

Anonymous October 28, 2008

"I smoked on average 1-2 packs a day for 15 years. When I was finally ready to quit, I used this. It took some getting used to, but ended up working. I only used this for 2 weeks and I was done. I quit in November of 1999 and am still not smoking. I am an RN and trust me, I tell many co-workers and patients about this product and my success with it."

Anonymous October 7, 2008

"Great for high level stress relief, due to quitting. Works well."

mitcore June 5, 2008