User Reviews for Nicotrol Inhaler

Learn more about Nicotrol Inhaler.

Smoking Cessation 15 reviews 19 medications

8.8
Summary of Nicotrol Inhaler reviews 15 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Nicotrol Inhaler

Review by joeline (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Day 6 and I have not had a cigarette. No struggle with withdrawal symptoms seems like a puff on the inhaler solves that issue. Glad I decided to try this. I believe I will make it this time.

November 1, 2013 1:03 AM

Review by Bummed:

For Smoking Cessation: I've been a smoker for 28 years and have been trying everything ( patches, gum, etc.) to quit for 10 years. I started using the Nicotrol Inhaler a week ago, and have not smoked one cigarette since. Unfortunately I'm going to have to stop using the inhaler because of the side effects. Extreme dizziness, fatigue, a spacey feeling, insomnia, and low blood pressure, and I've only been using two of the recommended six nicotine cartridges. Real shame, because I felt like it was starting to help me, and now I'll have to go cold turkey which has never worked for me in the past.

April 26, 2012 10:49 AM

I love it. I stop smoking for 2 weeks now. It works great.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2011 11:19 PM

Review by robertlewis:

For Smoking Cessation: I was a smoker for about 35 years smoking as much as 3 packs a day. Although there is no magic when it comes to quitting this product helped a great deal. The whole hand to mouth thing and it is like smoking without the smoke. With this and a lot of hard candy and determination I quit about 4 months ago. If I can do it, you can too.I am loving not spending 5-6 dollars a day on cigarettes.

May 5, 2011 9:58 AM

Review by John1984:

For Smoking Cessation: I had been smoking for 9 years. I was extremely skeptical of ever quitting. My main problems were when I tried to go cold turkey my fuse became super short and I would have panic attacks but this inhaler has helped tremendously. I have been smoke free for 7 months now and I do need to say it has been the hardest thing I have ever accomplished.

August 15, 2010 2:34 AM

Review by Grandma of 8:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for more than 30 years. I quit 11 years ago with the Nicotrol Inhaler and was successful for 3 years. Then I had a relapse, but I have been smoke free for 1 year again. Both times I used the inhaler and it really helps. I can't say I don't still want a cigarette sometimes, but I don't think you ever get over that craving completely. Quitting with the aid of the Nicotrol Inhaler is all you need to become smoke free.

April 20, 2010 2:34 PM

Review by FS FROM PB:

For Smoking Cessation: Update - I have been using the inhaler and been smoke free for 4 months. The inhaler was very useful the 1st couple months in managing the hand to mouth habit. It does not have the same enjoyable sensation of taking a drag, but it is an adequate substitute. Although I never used the recommended dosage, for the last month I have only been using 2 to 3 cartridges a week and those are more in an attempt to prevent me from eating than a need for nicotine. One thing that has really been a benefit is the reduced stress of travel as I no longer need to worry about when I can have my next cigarette!

November 19, 2009 11:48 AM

Review by catsalady:

For Smoking Cessation: I was a smoker for almost 40 years, with occasional attempts at quitting with the nicotine patch/gum, cinnamon sticks, & cold turkey. None of those worked since I constantly craved a real cigarette. I've now been using the Nicotrol Inhaler for over 2 weeks. I am amazed; as soon as I start to crave a cigarette, I just grab the inhaler and take a few puffs; that ends that craving. Even when a canister is "dead" I still puff on it; it helps keep me on an even keel, having something in my mouth that I can puff on helps. I use 6 to 14 canisters a day, depending on both my stress and boredom levels, especially since some of my smoking was when I was bored. Only negative for me has been interrupted sleep, a small price to pay.

November 18, 2009 2:37 AM

For Smoking Cessation: I am on day 3 of not smoking. I was a pack a day smoker for over 30 years. I have never tried to quit before. I think I have done very well. I have had some restlessness and some concentration issues but for the most part I can't say it has been hard. I have this inhaler and I use 1 cartridge a day. I know they say to use at least 6 but I can't even imagine using 6. I know that I have it if I need it and I have not had any side effects from it. Maybe a little high feeling but nothing to write home about.

June 10, 2009 3:53 PM

Review by Jay R.:

For Smoking Cessation: I could not believe how drawing on the Nicotrol Inhaler felt like a real cigarette. I was able to finally quit by having this in my pocket and pulling it out just when absolutely needed. I used it for 2 days and that was all I needed. I had smoked for 24 years about a pack a day. I haven't smoked in 11 years.

June 3, 2009 12:42 PM

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 38 years and knew I would need some type of hand to mouth jesture for a nicotine replacement in order to quit. I have been smoke free now for five months. No withdrawel symptoms at all. I am surprised! Great product!

April 8, 2009 12:05 PM

I have smoked 2-5 packs a day for over 30 years. I was able to use the Nicotrol inhaler to immediately stop. I tried cold turkey 3 times this year, but found that severe stress made me run back and pick up a pack of smokes. With this inhaler, I have it with me "just in case", so I don't fear and I stay calm. I have been on this for 3 weeks now. However, I only use 1 cartridge a day, which I put in in the morning. Kind of a security blanket. Works for me totally.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2009 8:26 AM

For Smoking Cessation: I was a 2 pack a day smoker until I started using the Nicotrol Inhaler. This almost seems like you are smoking but you aren't. Even taste and feels like it.

March 20, 2009 7:53 PM

For Smoking Cessation: Although my doctor thought this was far superior to anything else, it just didn't work for me. I was successful in stopping for 4 days. However, I couldn't sleep and I turned into a cranky old man. I had a real short fuse. I can see how this could be good for some but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

February 10, 2009 10:55 PM

For Smoking Cessation: Have quit smoking for almost two years now, after 30 years of smoking. Still using the inhaler.

October 28, 2008 11:19 AM

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked on average 1-2 packs a day for 15 years. When I was finally ready to quit, I used this. It took some getting used to, but ended up working. I only used this for 2 weeks and I was done. I quit in November of 1999 and am still not smoking. I am an RN and trust me, I tell many co-workers and patients about this product and my success with it.

October 7, 2008 7:52 PM

Review by mitcore:

For Smoking Cessation: Great for high level stress relief, due to quitting. Works well.

June 5, 2008 4:19 AM