Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Nicotine

Also known as: Commit, Habitrol, Leader Nicotine Polacrilex, Nicoderm CQ, Nicorelief, Nicorette, Nicorette DS, Nicotrol Inhaler, Nicotrol NS, Nicotrol TD, ProStep

Learn more about Nicotine.

Nicotine review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Nicotine to treat Smoking Cessation

Review by jjjf:

Habitrol (nicotine): I received Habitrol 21mg free from NYQUITS. Started it on Feb. 1st. for 14 days. Worked GREAT for me. I then purchased Nicoderm after that and got such SEVERE rashes on my arms that I had to go to my doctor to get medications. He said it was probably the glue from the patch. Now back on Habitrol. This stuff is the BEST.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2015 10:23 AM

Review by Billmo02 (taken for less than 1 month):

Nicorette (nicotine): So far after 11 days I am doing well. Started with patch and gum . Patch 21mg and 4mg patch after a week both were just to strong stomach upset did not feel well. Stopped the patch and use gum as needed to curtail desire to smoke I will Win this time I have to quit

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2015 4:53 AM

Review by Smoke free Mama (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): I have no idea why I started smoking again after my son was born. But, alas, I did and here we go again! I tried the gum (nasty!) e-cigs (still felt like I was smoking, and even Chantix (super crazy dreams and still massive withdrawal symptoms). I decided to give the patch a try. LOVE THEM! I got the off brand of NicoDerm CA and have had an amazing experience! Yes, it is a bit itchy when you first put it on, but that goes away after a little bit. I'd rather deal with light itching than a massive cravings strike! I have NO interest to go out and smoke and have so much more time to do everything else! I do have a weird dream now and then, but NOTHING like with Chantix. I am 110% confident I am done For good!

February 23, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by Daljitam (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): I have been smoking for the last 23 years, with Nicoderm CQ Patches I quit smoking. It took 5 weeks for me to quit. I thank Nicoderm CQ. Must try. It works.

February 20, 2015 8:43 AM

Review by skinnypoo (taken for less than 1 month):

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): After being smoke free for almost 16 years, I started to smoke again. Six years went by and I was miserable most of the time being a smoker again. I have been using the patch for four days now, and it is working. I am really amazed, no cravings or major urges. If I get the urge it just lasts for a couple of minutes then I am good again. I smoked about 14 cigs a day and decided to start with Step 2. I will probably do Step 2 for about 4 weeks, then go to Step 3. I do not sleep with patch, but take it off right before I am ready to go to sleep, then just reapply in am. Takes about 10 minutes to start working. It feels a little funny at first, like burning or itching, then that goes away. Other than that I have had no other side affects.

February 16, 2015 9:55 AM

Review by StephJ7:

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): I smoked for over 12 years and about 12-15 cigarettes a day and have attempted to stop many times. The only time I had truly stopped in the past was 7 years ago when I found out I was pregnant. After having the baby I picked up right where I left off and began smoking again. I finally decided that I wanted to quit and I have tried many avenues to include; cold turkey and Chantax and all didn't work. I finally picked up the box and read the instructions and so far today it has been three weeks and I have not once craved a cigarette. Many of my friends and coworkers smoke and I am around this daily. I thought that me seeing them smoke or being around them while they smoke would get me to crave one but no. Very satisfied, thank you!!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 9:35 PM

Review by Sanga:

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine): This does seem to take the edge off but it has been making me feel mega spaced out and lethargic. Almost like smoking pot. At least I'm too spacey too be cranky!

January 15, 2015 11:29 PM

Review by Cigarettes Suck!:

Used step 1 14 patches and today is 1st day on step 2 haven't had 1 cig. It does itch a bit for 20min after applying and messes with your sleeping but small price to pay. Also you get crazy dreams I've been enjoying those.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2015 10:33 PM

Review by Sujay (taken for less than 1 month):

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): Patches are really useful. I had tried quitting several times but it never worked. There wasn't a single day without smoke in my last 8 years. But it has been 4 days since I'm on the patches now and I haven't even had a single cigarette. I'm sure I'll not smoke again. But I experienced a side effect, it causes joint pains, my left elbow starts paining if I put it on my left arm and same goes with right. But it's a very less price to pay to quit.

January 5, 2015 7:10 AM

Review by williamse:

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): I have tried the patch several times. However my problem with the patch is that when I perspire at work the patch no longer stay stuck to my skin and falls off.

December 21, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by daddydon64 (taken for less than 1 month):

Nicotrol TD (nicotine): I experienced good overall satisfaction with this product. I have tried many times throughout my life but with this transdermal product I am having a good experience.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 3:21 PM

Review by Taya_aya (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been using the patch for almost a week now and normally I would smoke 10-12 cigarettes a day, and during this past week I've only had 4 or 5. I don't feel the need to smoke like I used to. However, I notice that after about 15 minutes of putting the patch on, the area gets very itchy for about 30 minutes. There have been days where I feel very weak and tired, and sometimes nauseous and dizzy. My biggest complaint is having a hard time falling asleep. But I rather lose a little sleep than to keep smoking. These patches really do work.

September 15, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by babsy 46:

I've been on nicotine (various products) for nearly 15 yrs, and I feel great, I run twice a week 5k, and eventually will stop, but as it is, I don't smoke and each time I stop the patch I find I have to go get a cigarette- hence I stay on a low dose. I don't smoke and that my friend is what matters.

June 15, 2014 1:47 PM

Review by tshwaedi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Nicorette (nicotine): Experienced severe constipation and weak erection.

June 5, 2014 1:22 PM

Review by very itchy:

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): I smoked for 32 years and tried different times and products to help me stop but always failed. My doctor and I agreed for me to try the Nicoderm CQ patch and it's really helping me. I have no urges to smoke and am now on Day 8. The only thing I found out is that I have red swollen itchy skin where the patches were worn. Need to talk to the doctor but office is closed on the weekends. I'm thinking I could be allergic to them but don't want to stop them because they are working for me

February 8, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by CJeanroy:

Nicorette (nicotine): Have been an on and off smoker for more than 30 years. Just started with the lozenges. They work fantastic. I only take them when I feel a craving coming on. I do not need 1 every 1-2 hours. Definitely give these a try. I had started my commitment the first of the year ... cold turkey. I was really having terrible cravings. I didn't want to fail at this so I purchased the lozenges. They are just enough to keep me from buying that pack of cigarettes. Day 19 ... smoke free and have saved approximately $54.00 so far.

January 19, 2014 5:49 PM

Review by tallstevie23:

I definitely believe that the patch works and I have quit smoking with it. The only problem I'm having is where my patch goes on I've received some blisters after use. I do not think this is normal.

November 5, 2013 10:00 AM

Review by joeline (taken for less than 1 month):

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine): Day 6 and I have not had a cigarette. No struggle with withdrawal symptoms seems like a puff on the inhaler solves that issue. Glad I decided to try this. I believe I will make it this time.

November 1, 2013 1:03 AM

Review by Mr.. O (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Commit (nicotine): After 38 years of smoking, the time to quit came at the age of 50 for me. When I saw my youngest son taking up smoking and my brand too I knew it was time. For that is the way I started and history does repeat itself. When I asked my son not to smoke he just said "if you stop I'll stop". I told him how niether the patch nor the gum worked for me. He told me of how Commit worked for a friend of his. Well, I made the first attempt and gave up after three days. I promised him I would try again in one week, I did and now I have not smoked for 4 years and 8 months. And with commit it WAS easier than I could hope for. I followed the suggestions given and as I began to, as Dr.Oz put it, breathe free, I just had to go on. It took two months.

March 17, 2013 1:20 PM

Review by It's Me55:

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): I used to smoke for more than (20 ) years. My daughter showed me a book that had pictures of a smokers lungs. See than asked, Daddy do you want your lungs to look like this? This made me realize what is important to me. Immediately the following day, I went to the store asked for a garbage can, and I threw my last pack away. Bought me a two week supply of NicodermCQ and that was the last time I have smoked a cigarette. Which was 6 years ago. Thank for the extra assistance with working towards a better way of life.

March 4, 2013 5:23 PM

Review by Yazooliu:

Habitrol (nicotine): I started Habitrol because when I quit drinking alcohol, I started smoking and eating everything in sight. The Habitrol not only curbed my craving for alcohol, it curbed ALL of my cravings for substances I've struggled with for years. I stopped using the patch for 2 days, and ate a whole batch of brownies to keep from drinking or smoking. Don't know how this story will end, but whatever is in this product is a blessing to those of us suffering with addictions.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2013 6:03 PM

Review by pbandami (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Nicotrol NS (nicotine): After trying 8 different smoking cessation meds, 5 of them prescription only, my doctor put me on Nicotrol Nasal Spray. It is the only medicine that has ever worked for more than a month. Best thing is, my insurance company has a policy of NO CO-PAY for prescription smoking cessation medications. So no cost to me whatsoever. How great is that? From a health insurance company, no less. They finally came to their senses and realized that it is much cheaper to pay a small amount up front to encourage people to quit smoking rather than pay millions on the end when long-term smokers contract cancer - prevention as opposed to treatment.

September 6, 2012 6:09 AM

Review by Bummed:

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine): I've been a smoker for 28 years and have been trying everything ( patches, gum, etc.) to quit for 10 years. I started using the Nicotrol Inhaler a week ago, and have not smoked one cigarette since. Unfortunately I'm going to have to stop using the inhaler because of the side effects. Extreme dizziness, fatigue, a spacey feeling, insomnia, and low blood pressure, and I've only been using two of the recommended six nicotine cartridges. Real shame, because I felt like it was starting to help me, and now I'll have to go cold turkey which has never worked for me in the past.

April 26, 2012 10:49 AM

Review by tyr3$ha12340987:

Commit (nicotine): It works, but it gave me gas and diarrhea.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2012 9:37 PM

Nicorette (nicotine): I have smoked for almost thirty years and I was able to quit with the gum. I started out by using the 4mg gum and chewing two pieces at a time but I finally got to the 2mg and I'm still chewing two pieces at a time. It's been 2 yrs now and now I'm losing my wife over this gum. My sex drive is gone.

November 20, 2011 6:20 PM