User Reviews for Nicotine

Also known as: Commit, Habitrol, Leader Nicotine Polacrilex, Nicoderm CQ, Nicorelief, Nicorette, Nicorette DS, Nicotrol Inhaler, Nicotrol NS, Nicotrol TD, ProStep

Learn more about Nicotine.

Nicotine Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Nicotine to treat Smoking Cessation

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "On day 6 now and didn't smoke but was a can a day dipper for over 20 years. Don't worry hat people are t a loving about it falls off, I'm in construction in the heat in Florida all day and it sticks. I know it helps, weird dream thing going on yes, get a taste of nicotine all day, and the initial itch, yep got that too. But what I haven't had is a dip of copenhagen.. thanks nicoderm."

Bcurl (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2015

Nicorette (nicotine): "helped me quit smooking...severely addicted to the gum...lost sex drive and massive erection problems...since i stopped the nicoret things are getting better !!! Took 110 gums per week for 10 years....big mistake....Hope to get back to normal soon !!!!"

Nico finitos July 11, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I'm a young male 26 years old. Was a casual smoker for 7 years. Started very young at 16. Became a pack a day smoker for 3 years. So more than 10 years of smoking. Other reviewers are spot on about insane irritation/itching when patch is first applied to skin. This lasts for the first 20 minutes. Do not let this deter you , try not to think about it. I'm on the 21mg patch. This is recommended for smokers who smoke at least a pack a day or more. I can honestly say you really have to be determined to stop smoking altogether. Side note. Was a very heavy cannabis smoker as well, and remarkably the patch has also gotten rid of all cravings for cannabis as well. If you're serious about kicking this filthy habit this patch works wonders ."

Esco (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2015

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine): "A 1-pack smoker for 50 years. Legal professional (not an atty). Lung cancer operation coming up on 7/8/15. Pretty healthy otherwise - Stage 1A or 2A. Nicotrol prescribed by my Providence primary. Both my Providence pulmonologist and 30-year cardiocthoracic surgeon are fine with my taking Nicotrol even going into a lung operation where the lower half of my right lung will be removed in robotic surgery as nicotine itself is not a carcinogen. Upon my diagnosis I stopped inhaling cigarettes and switched to only 1, yes 1, Nicotrol cartridge per day. More and I would be dizzy, etc. No crankiness or cravings, not even right after a meal. Nicotine intake can be controlled with this product. Highly recommend."

Lung Cancer Patient June 26, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "Only complaint I have is that is falls off constantly. I always put on medical tape with it and it still falls off. Still working for me but its honestly irritating when it falls off all the time. I would have expected something that suppose to stick on not to peel off all the time. Would be better if it just stuck on the whole day!"

katie1357 June 22, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "All I can say is wowlike I put the patch on and it worked and it worked immediately the first patch 21mg I promise you I didn't smoke not one cigarette it only been a day but I know it's working because people have smoked cigarette s in front of me and I didn't even care for it... thank you cause every time I lite a cigarette my son would say word for word what they commercials say about smoking I really wanted to stop and this patch really helped"

Fuchsia June 10, 2015

Nicorette (nicotine): "After two years of going off and on the nicotine patch I attempted cold turkey. 6 hours into my cold turney attempt my husband informed me he was going to mow the lawn, my completely uncalled for hyper emotional response was to burst into tears...needless to say, I didn't respond well to the cold turkey attempt. After complexity giving up the idea of quitting, my sister informed me that she was succeeding using nicotine gum, so I gave it a try-two weeks after starting I am smoke free and have zero doubt that I will succeed! The gum takes a few days to get used to. Make sure and read the directions and follow them to a T. You're not supposed to " chew" this gum like regular gum. If you do, it will make you nauseous and burn your throat."

Dontbringmehometomom May 15, 2015

Habitrol (nicotine): "I received Habitrol 21mg free from NYQUITS. Started it on Feb. 1st. for 14 days. Worked GREAT for me. I then purchased Nicoderm after that and got such SEVERE rashes on my arms that I had to go to my doctor to get medications. He said it was probably the glue from the patch. Now back on Habitrol. This stuff is the BEST."

jjjf February 26, 2015

Nicorette (nicotine): "So far after 11 days I am doing well. Started with patch and gum . Patch 21mg and 4mg patch after a week both were just to strong stomach upset did not feel well. Stopped the patch and use gum as needed to curtail desire to smoke I will Win this time I have to quit"

Billmo02 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I have no idea why I started smoking again after my son was born. But, alas, I did and here we go again! I tried the gum (nasty!) e-cigs (still felt like I was smoking, and even Chantix (super crazy dreams and still massive withdrawal symptoms). I decided to give the patch a try. LOVE THEM! I got the off brand of NicoDerm CA and have had an amazing experience! Yes, it is a bit itchy when you first put it on, but that goes away after a little bit. I'd rather deal with light itching than a massive cravings strike! I have NO interest to go out and smoke and have so much more time to do everything else! I do have a weird dream now and then, but NOTHING like with Chantix. I am 110% confident I am done For good!"

Smoke free Mama (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I have been smoking for the last 23 years, with Nicoderm CQ Patches I quit smoking. It took 5 weeks for me to quit. I thank Nicoderm CQ. Must try. It works."

Daljitam (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "After being smoke free for almost 16 years, I started to smoke again. Six years went by and I was miserable most of the time being a smoker again. I have been using the patch for four days now, and it is working. I am really amazed, no cravings or major urges. If I get the urge it just lasts for a couple of minutes then I am good again. I smoked about 14 cigs a day and decided to start with Step 2. I will probably do Step 2 for about 4 weeks, then go to Step 3. I do not sleep with patch, but take it off right before I am ready to go to sleep, then just reapply in am. Takes about 10 minutes to start working. It feels a little funny at first, like burning or itching, then that goes away. Other than that I have had no other side affects."

skinnypoo (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I smoked for over 12 years and about 12-15 cigarettes a day and have attempted to stop many times. The only time I had truly stopped in the past was 7 years ago when I found out I was pregnant. After having the baby I picked up right where I left off and began smoking again. I finally decided that I wanted to quit and I have tried many avenues to include; cold turkey and Chantax and all didn't work. I finally picked up the box and read the instructions and so far today it has been three weeks and I have not once craved a cigarette. Many of my friends and coworkers smoke and I am around this daily. I thought that me seeing them smoke or being around them while they smoke would get me to crave one but no. Very satisfied, thank you!!"

StephJ7 February 7, 2015

Nicorette (nicotine): "I smoked 1-1/2 packs of Cigarettes daily for 25+ years. I tried the patches, cold turkey, couldn't quit for long. I started using Nicorette gum 3-years ago and have been smoke free. I am still chewing the gum. 4-mg's multiple times daily. I told my Dr. I was still chewing the gum and was worried about the health effects. She told me studies have been done finding that nicotine in and of itself does not seem to cause significant harm. (I know, that seems strange to me too) Despite these findings she told me not to worry about the gum because smoking cigarettes with all the extra poisons in it is far worse for ones health. Especially in my case because I know I'd go back to smoking without the gum"

julvanv (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2015

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine): "This does seem to take the edge off but it has been making me feel mega spaced out and lethargic. Almost like smoking pot. At least I'm too spacey too be cranky!"

Sanga January 15, 2015

"Used step 1 14 patches and today is 1st day on step 2 haven't had 1 cig. It does itch a bit for 20min after applying and messes with your sleeping but small price to pay. Also you get crazy dreams I've been enjoying those."

Cigarettes Suck! January 12, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "Patches are really useful. I had tried quitting several times but it never worked. There wasn't a single day without smoke in my last 8 years. But it has been 4 days since I'm on the patches now and I haven't even had a single cigarette. I'm sure I'll not smoke again. But I experienced a side effect, it causes joint pains, my left elbow starts paining if I put it on my left arm and same goes with right. But it's a very less price to pay to quit."

Sujay (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I have tried the patch several times. However my problem with the patch is that when I perspire at work the patch no longer stay stuck to my skin and falls off. "

williamse December 21, 2014

Nicotrol TD (nicotine): "I experienced good overall satisfaction with this product. I have tried many times throughout my life but with this transdermal product I am having a good experience."

daddydon64 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2014

"I've been using the patch for almost a week now and normally I would smoke 10-12 cigarettes a day, and during this past week I've only had 4 or 5. I don't feel the need to smoke like I used to. However, I notice that after about 15 minutes of putting the patch on, the area gets very itchy for about 30 minutes. There have been days where I feel very weak and tired, and sometimes nauseous and dizzy. My biggest complaint is having a hard time falling asleep. But I rather lose a little sleep than to keep smoking. These patches really do work. "

Taya_aya (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2014

"I've been on nicotine (various products) for nearly 15 yrs, and I feel great, I run twice a week 5k, and eventually will stop, but as it is, I don't smoke and each time I stop the patch I find I have to go get a cigarette- hence I stay on a low dose. I don't smoke and that my friend is what matters."

babsy 46 June 15, 2014

Nicorette (nicotine): "Experienced severe constipation and weak erection."

tshwaedi (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2014

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I smoked for 32 years and tried different times and products to help me stop but always failed. My doctor and I agreed for me to try the Nicoderm CQ patch and it's really helping me. I have no urges to smoke and am now on Day 8. The only thing I found out is that I have red swollen itchy skin where the patches were worn. Need to talk to the doctor but office is closed on the weekends. I'm thinking I could be allergic to them but don't want to stop them because they are working for me"

very itchy February 8, 2014

Nicorette (nicotine): "Have been an on and off smoker for more than 30 years. Just started with the lozenges. They work fantastic. I only take them when I feel a craving coming on. I do not need 1 every 1-2 hours. Definitely give these a try. I had started my commitment the first of the year ... cold turkey. I was really having terrible cravings. I didn't want to fail at this so I purchased the lozenges. They are just enough to keep me from buying that pack of cigarettes. Day 19 ... smoke free and have saved approximately $54.00 so far."

CJeanroy January 19, 2014

"I definitely believe that the patch works and I have quit smoking with it. The only problem I'm having is where my patch goes on I've received some blisters after use. I do not think this is normal."

tallstevie23 November 5, 2013