User Reviews for Bystolic

Learn more about Bystolic.

Bystolic Review Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Mitral Valve Prolapse.

Reviews for Bystolic to treat Mitral Valve Prolapse

"I have mitral valve prolapse, female, 42. I started Bystolic, 5mg, a couple weeks ago, no palpitations, no dizziness, no headaches, no fatigue. My sleep is off a bit, but other than that, I feel great."

ladybug2634 (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2013

"I have been on Bystolic 5mg for 1 month. I have mitral valve prolapse. A have really rapid heart rate at times. Had been on Lanoxin abd verapamil of years. All at once my heart rate was very rapid and my blood pressure raised. I was feeling so nervous. They took me off the medicines I was on and put me on the Bystolic. Within a couple of days my heart rate slowed down and my blood pressure was normal. I feel great again at age 70. The only thing I have noticed is I do have diarrhea once in awhile. This has gotten better after a couple of weeks of taking this medicine. It is working for me so far!"

Anonymous August 24, 2011

"Ever since I started taking Bystolic my joints have been sore. "

Anonymous May 16, 2010

"This medication works great for my high blood pressure (when I first started Bystolic it brought both numbers down tremendously) and a small leak (Mitral Valve Prolapse) The flutters in my chest weren't as frequent as they used to be."

superstressed March 7, 2010

"41 yr old Caucasian female. 115lbs/5' No negative medical history other than mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation. Horrid chest pains and no energy. I can't recall the 1st drug- caused numbness in hands and feet- tingling and cold feelings were horrible. Also, caused extreme tiredness; mixed with the fatigue from the regurgitation made me a rag doll. BYSTOLIC CHANGED MY LIFE. Started me at 10mg- lasted 10 months; now on 20mg for the last 5 months. Pain creeps in faster as I am sure the valve isn't getting any 'better'. Time will bring about the need to change it and my doctor is waiting for Cleveland Clinic to open up new non-intrusive surgeries to patients who do not have life-threatening MVP issues. Side effects are minimal and I HAVE MY LIFE BACK."

MyMichelet August 6, 2009