User Reviews for Naltrexone

Also known as: Depade, Revia, Vivitrol

Learn more about Naltrexone.

Alcohol Dependence 53 reviews 7 medications

Fibromyalgia 12 reviews 20 medications

6.9
Summary of Naltrexone reviews 118 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Naltrexone

For Alcohol Dependence: "Take 50 mg. a day for 2 years. Been abstinent from alcohol. No side effects. Do not even know you are taking it. Craving for alcohol left the first month."

komoto (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 28, 2016

For Opiate Dependence: "You cannot avoid opiates without Naltrexone being addictive mindset we continue push our efforts in getting next fix but if there is no reward I mean high then wants the use being opiate user for last 10 years tried almost every opiate available I could say that this is one pill or shot you must not forget to take although initially there is trouble sleeping,loose bowel(very bad) sex drive nil but I hope this is temporary since only been week or so taking this pill earlier taken for two.months then relapsed that's why it's important to remind yourself that this pill can only save your life,All the best to recovering addicts"

Rsgvan (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

For Alcohol Dependence: "Are you desperate? Are you feeling defeated? I'm on day three after fighting alcoholism every day for the better part of the year. In and out of AA, trying different medications... This drug feels that anxious hungry void you have from abstaining from alcohol. It makes you not want, it makes your mind feel heavy but not high, you relax and don't think about drinking. Addiction is a problem of chemistry, when you quit you are fighting the own chemical make up of your brain. Curing alcoholism should not be uncomfortable, and this drug should be prescribed more by physicians. I bought a six pack last night, and lost interest when I started the second beer. Today I have no desire to to drink, I could take it or leave it. Great so far!"

Anonymous 34 yo female (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "Today was my first shot and feel pretty damn good no side effects yet. Guessing no sleep issues as I went home and took a nice nap. I hope this drug is what lots of people say. The hardest part as everyone knows is getting to this shot. Started 10 yrs ago or more can't remember anymore with pills and then eventually to sniffing a ton of H every day. I nodded out in a car and almost killed someone which still didn't stop me. Only the potential loss of my kids and family support got me here. So far so good. If I can do this anyone can so please try. Your life is worth it. So amazed at how clear things are becoming only a month sober!"

BD84 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "Can not enjoy sex over 2 minutes, can not stay erect and can not ejaculate."

dontcum (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've had 9 surgerys to my right foot from 2006-2014.. I've had any and all pain meds you can imagine. Obviously got addicted taking 8-10 percs a day.. Beside when I got pregnant I didn't take any but after this last surgery in Jan I promised myself and for my kids to do anything in my power to quit... Found out about this shot and it works wonders I'm so grateful I got my life back. GOT MY 1st SHOT 10 days ago.. NO CRAVINGS TOTALLY NORMAL FEELING... CAN'T WAIT TO CONTINUE BEING SOBER N LIVING LIFE HOW I REALLY DESERVED!!!! #27 days clean"

Thighsograteful (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

For Opiate Dependence: "I have been an IV opiate user for many years. I had an insanely large habit ($750-$1000day). After attending rehab, I was put on the Vivitrol injection. I had been clean for 20 days by the time I go the injection. I did still have cravings, as I was so early into recovery and had been using for so long. However, after about a week of being on the shot, I relapsed on 3.5g of heroin, and felt nothing. It can't be overrode. I spent the next year shooting. And finally started to take the pill form. The pill form will block any opiate for 3-5 days (in my experience). I am now 9 months clean, and very rarely have cravings."

Steven87 April 20, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "Hello again, I'm following up on my first review from January 27th of 2016. I've now had 4 Vivitrol injections and gotta say, it's worked wonders. The first injection, as I said, caused migraines, vomiting, and stomach cramps. Every injection I've recieved since has been good. No symptoms whatsoever, only positive results. I've been clean since November 17th of 2015. This shot is truly a lifesaver, my cravings are less frequent and very short lived. I reccomend this shot to anyone struggling with opioid dependency. My next injection is tomorrow and I'm sure the results will be the same as the last 3."

Oxymoron1996 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Alcohol Dependence: "My experiance with this medication is not that bad. I have all of the side effects that has been listed I've had 4 doses and have not had a drink in 4 months ."

Mr. AC April 4, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/Regional Sympathetic Distrophy .I started LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone, 4.5mg) during a Stanford double blind trial in January 2016 and received a months supply. During the first week I felt some of the muscle cramping associated with Naltrexone but that and my nerve pain subsided after about a week. The next three weeks sailed by and my activity level increased as I was essentially free of CRPS/RSD nerve pain. The chronic pain in my lower back was significantly decreasing too. When my supply ran out I experienced some of the CRPS/RSD pain but not at the level I'd had before. That wasn't the case with my chronic lower back pain and that came rearing back. It was a month before my Dr could get me the compounded LDN. Again, my pain has dissipated. Weening off Gabapentin soon!"

Greg in OR March 17, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "I still don't know if cravings and anxiety are one and the same, but I've been on this for 6 months. I notice a lot of headaches, increased anxiety, depression, insomnia and male sexual problems. I still need 0.5 mg Xanax 5 times a day for the anxiety, and Ambien CR for insomnia. The product coordination nurses deny that this causes male sexual side effects, I've had sex twice in 6 months on Vivitol, and that includes my honeymoon. I think Vivitrol helped me the most by making it clear that if I tried any opiates, I could overdose immediately and die. So I've put up with the side-effects, but I hope to be off this in 1 year. And, yes, I want my sex life back."

Otter773 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was a heavey IV user for 2 years have been in and out of treatmeant programs relasping every time. My doctor who was prescribing me subs told me she had to cut me off because I could not pass urine analysis. So basicallly she started telling me about this shot that she was getting trained on and could give me next week, the vivitrol shot. She told me I needed to be at least 7 days clean before getting it otherwise I would have severe withdrawal. Finally I manned up went in to see my doctor told her I couldn't stay clean and that I had used the previous day but I wanted her to give me the shot anyway. Got the shot by the time I got to the car iIwas in full out precipitated withdrawal. Day 4 feeling better just cant sleep at all."

Thrilla133 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've been an opiate addict 7yrs. When I first became addicted OC where everywhere. A few years later I struggled to find any oxycotin, shortly they changed from OC to op struggled with for a while. I just wanted out I tried suboxone but it didn't work for me because I have a migraine issue, so I joined a methadone clinic and became a functioning addict. I was on methadone for 3 yrs. I kept clean from any other drug throughout my time on methadone but was still an addict because both subox and methadone are opiods. I found an Institute there many across the country. They do what is called a rapid detox which was pretty pain free at the end of ur detox I got a vivitrol inplant. It's saved my marriage"

T-Lo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been an opiate user for 6 years. I would do 10-30mg over a few days and go back to subs. I was real close to losing my family so I thought the vivitrol shot was my best option. It was really hard staying clean and going through wd for the past week, but I got through it. Got shot yesterday and I'm not having any side effects. Tossing and turning and not getting a good night sleep will continue for a while. I think the shot is the best option if you are addicted and you really want to change your life. If I can do it anyone can!"

Buzz141 February 24, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have never been this functional before. 8 months ago my functional capacity was at 50%. All I was doing was work, recover, and burn through an excessive amount of sick, vacation, and banked time. At home I was almost zombie like. I would spend all of my time curled up on the sofa in pain, fog, or fatigue. Thanks to LDN: Today I was able to pool run for 30 min! I did laundry and sorted all of the socks. Yesterday we had friends over to hang out for the first time in ages. I was able to go to a movie. I was tired after it all but it wasn't an all encompassing thing. I flirted with my fianc"

Zaxacava February 22, 2016

For Alcohol Dependence: "I have never taken this medication but have had it in my cupboard for a few months now. I'm a heavy drinker, probably the equivalent of 15 drinks a day but fortunately have never hurt anyone .... Physically or emotionally because of it. I drink socially and alone but always makes me happy and makes me feel like I'm busy... Mentally. My sleep has become affected drastically negatively and my anxiety and ocd is becoming an issue. I'm excited with the thought of taking this but I'm afraid of it not working or if it works how different my life will be.. Better I'm sure hopefully but still... I also wonder if you can take this on and off based on upcoming events or is that an insensitive question with all of this..."

Scott0939 February 10, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been on naltrexone for 5 months, and it's not done a good job of helping with my pain."

lauralisk (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2016

For Opiate Dependence: "So I started taking the pill naltrexone this morning. I was on day 9 of being off subutex and was taking the subutex for 5 yrs following a opioid addiction for several yrs prior. I had it very rough the first week of being clean then things started getting a little easier. Other than the occasional anxiety, insomnia and just plain no motivation to do anything. I first was prescribed clonedine to help w anxiety and really it's too lower heart rate. One min I wld feel okay the next very sluggish. Did 2 days of this then went to the naltroxone. I felt pretty good this morning before I took the pill and now it's like I'm back into withdrawals...anxiety, sweats, muscle aches..it just seems to b very discouraging. Should I continue the naltrexone?"

volcomjay February 10, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "My son is addicted to oxycontin. He went to rehab twice and to an extended living facility. He relapsed after both. He is in his second month of Vivatrol treatment and so far is doing very well. He is going to school and says he has no cravings. Still, he has sleep issues and difficulty concentrating. We are very hopeful that he will get his life back. He is seeing a private therapist (psychologist) once a week as well. He is very confident that this combination as well as lots of family support will give him what he needs to succeed in living a drug free life. Many people pray for him every day and we are all very hopeful. In seven weeks he gained ten pounds. That is a big improvement."

JMJ!! February 6, 2016

For Opiate Dependence: "I just received the Vivitrol shot yesterday. Ironically it was also my birthday and I found it to be a miracle I was finally brave enough to do it. My Dr. has literally had 9 shots already sent before I finally did it. Its been a long drawn out battle as most of us know."

tdefee12 January 30, 2016

Vivitrol (naltrexone) for Opiate Dependence: "The shot is a very good deterrent for me. I am being forced to undergo 6 months of injections against my will. My drug of choice is Oxymorphone (Opana), and Oxycodone 30mg . I've been using for about two years before I got locked up for 5 months. Got out, did okay for about a month then relapsed. Before I knew it I was doing pills everyday...again. Went to rehab about a month after my first relapse, did the 30 days there and probation forced me to make Vivitrol part of my recovery plan. First shot was horrible at first, I was clean for 27 days before I got it but once injected I started getting light headed. Then came vomiting, stomach cramps, and pretty bad migraines. I'm getting shot number two in about 5 days."

Oxymoron1996 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

For Alcohol Dependence: "I am 43 been, been drinking since I was 13, really heavily 16 beers a day or so the last 3 years. I've been trying to not drink the last month. For the same reasons most probably do, I'm about to lose everything and I just got tired of feeling like shit I made it about 10 days and couldn't take the internal debate anymore and gave in. Been sober for 3 days but still it's tiring constantly fighting yourself. Took this about 9 hrs ago. I am not having any thoughts or urge to drink at all. I am still scheduled for rehab in a week or so. I'm suprised it worked that quick, the doctor said it would though. I do feel really tired though."

bababooyffafooey January 22, 2016

For Alcohol Dependence: "I spent 2 years in and out of AA. It was miserable. I was not an "AA person" at all. In fact, AA meetings made me want to drink. My doctor put my on Naltrexone. It worked immediately. It actually worked too well. I no longer craved or thought about alcohol but I also didn't like the taste of food. I lost interest in sex. I lost interest in being physically active. I was spaced out constantly. It was not living at all. So I went off of Naltrexone and resumed drinking. When I was ready to try giving up alcohol again, I went back to Naltrexone BUT only took HALF a pill a day. This made a huge difference. I still feel as though I don't enjoy many things like before. But I don't have the option to drown myself in booze."

PaulMo January 16, 2016

For Opiate Dependence: "Im 23yr old herion addict. I started on oxys, went to herion/crack, to methadone/suboxone for about 4-5 years. Even on methadone I was still using on top of it everyday, I would barely get a buzz but my cravings were that strong. Finally after overdose/suicide attempt I was referred to an amazing ADHD/addiction Dr who prescribed rivea (oral). I have almost 1 in half yr clean w/ only a 1day relapse. I'm from Canada & we don't have the shot. This was a GAME CHANGER. Zero cravings & there was no side affects for me. Downside is u have to have the willpower to take it everyday (upside for places that have the shot, very jealeous). Stops me from impulsive mistakes as it blocks for up to 72 hours. Blessed to have found this & grateful it worked for me"

Alikitty January 5, 2016

For Alcohol Dependence: "I'd been drinking and getting drunk for 25 yrs. I've driven drunk to many times to count. By God's grace I never hurt myself or anyone else, or ever been pulled over by the cops. I recently lost what I think could of been the love of my life. My words were harmful when I got drunk. He had enough and won't except another apology from me nor my many attempts to contact him. I had to do something. Naltrexone is changing my life! I can't wait to get used to not overdoing it. I can't wait to be in a relationship without cursing him out due to me overdoing it. Hopefully I can get back the love of my life one day but for now I'm working on myself. I little bored and and little lonely but me being sober is worth it."

A new me... December 27, 2015