User Reviews for Naltrexone

Also known as: Depade, Revia, Vivitrol

Learn more about Naltrexone.

Naltrexone review summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Naltrexone to treat Fibromyalgia

Review by Mel999:

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for 12 years (took 5 mg of hydrocodone daily). I was able to work, function as a normal person & pain was manageable. In June I had several pulled muscles & a rotator cuff injury - pain was off the charts. The doctors in Tucson will not write pain meds under any circumstances - cut me off cold turkey and I pulled neck muscle. For 6 months my pain level was a 15 (scale of 1-10) suicidal pain with no relief in site. I was referred to country doctor in Wilcox, AZ - he said he would write me pain meds, but was I willing to try a alternate prescription that would possible get rid of my pain. I started out with 4.5mg daily at night and within 4 weeks my pain went down to around 2-3.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2014 5:44 PM

Review by Nonymus (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Since I began taking 5 mg naltrexone at night, I fall asleep quickly, I sleep very well for 8 to 9 hours. I wake up refreshed and without pain. I no longer take antidepressants, sleeping pills, anxiety or pain medication. My mental functioning is much better but not back to Pre-CFIDS standard. I don't have normal energy or drive but my life is so much closer to normal than it was a year ago, I have no complaints. The only other medication I take is for high blood pressure. The only side effect I have is a slight headache when I wake in the morning but it ALWAYS goes away soon after I get up. I would take this medication if the only thing I got from it was good quality sleep.

August 20, 2013 1:32 AM

Review by gigantor (taken for 1 to 2 years):

This medication reduced my fibromyalgia pain and some other symptoms significantly more than any of the other medications or combination of treatments usually prescribed for fibromyalgia. Initial side effects easily managed by starting at a very low dose.

May 21, 2012 10:27 AM

This did nothing to help my fibromyalgia.

November 28, 2009 10:03 PM