Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Mycophenolate mofetil

Also known as: CellCept

Learn more about Mycophenolate mofetil.

Dermatomyositis 1 reviews 15 medications

Pulmonary Fibrosis 1 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Mycophenolate mofetil reviews 29 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Mycophenolate mofetil

Review by 3rd times the charm (taken for 5 to 10 years):

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I have had 3 Kidney Transplants and I've been on Cellcept 2 different times. The last time I was on Cellcept, for 7 years it worked well until I developed Cellcept Colitis. I was extremely sick and found myself in the hospital. The doctors discontinued Cellcept and now I am on Imuran.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 1:33 AM

Review by kilkennyblue (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Multiple Sclerosis: I have been taking this medication since 2010 after my worst episode and my first episode since taking it began two months ago. I'm taking it alone with no other Multiple Sclerosis related treatments except that we are now trying hydrocortisone since it is a natural steroid.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2013 7:39 PM

Review by Pasadena20:

For Myasthenia Gravis: I have had Myasthenia Gravis for 6 years. After a serious crisis and use of high levels of Prednisone. In 2008 I was put on mycophenolate mofetil. It has helped me tremendously. Not totally free from M.G. but I am pretty good and think Mycophenolate is great. I am male 67 and am on 1.5 grams per day. It has changed my life for the good.

April 7, 2012 4:43 AM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for : I was diagnose MG for three years, having plasma weekly but still not response. Currently taking cellcept, it seems response well within two days. Hopefully it help my symtoms so I don't have to have plasma weekly

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2011 11:06 PM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I had a liver transplant Feb '06 and have taken 1000mg twice a day now for a couple years. Before that dosage changed a bit to get correct dosage. I also take tacrolimus (prograf 1mg twice a day) I have had no side effects--expensive but luckily I have a plan.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2010 11:21 AM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I had a liver transplant in 2001 and was put on both CellCept and Prograf. When my creatine reached 2.1 I was taken off Prograf and put on 2000 mg a day of CellCept. I have had no side effects. I only problem is the cost, I am now on Medicare and will be in the donut hole after 4 months.

January 27, 2010 6:41 PM

Review by franz_Sadimm_Cellcept:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I had a liver transplantation in 1997, and been on Sadimmun Neoral for 13 years. In 2009 my Doctor decided to switch to Cellcept because my creatinine level rose from 1,3 to 1,7 (Kidney). I have been on both Neoral and Cellcept over the whole Summer of 2009. I did not feel well and finally in Nov. 2009 I had a Hyper Blood-sugar shock of 1402, Was hospitalized, now I am slowly recovering with Insulin BS 100-200. Ii switched back to Sandimmun 25-0-50 but my Doctor wants to switch again to Cellcept. I'm afraid to get a Hyperglycemia again.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2010 3:24 PM

Review by TCO:

For Myasthenia Gravis: I am 70 years old and have suffered from MG for 12 years. I have been on predisone for that time 30/10mg eod. My neurologist said that I had to get off the prednisone and highly touted Cellcept. I was on 2000mg per day for five months and then started to have severe calf, ankle and feet swelling, horrible muscle aches and increased weakness. I really was in misery. I made a special appointment with my neurologist. He told me that it couldn't be the Cellcept that was causing my problems. But, he left the room for about five minutes, came back and said I had to get off Cellcept NOW. I believe he left the room to read up on the unusual but severe side effects. My symptoms are listed in that category.

January 3, 2010 1:43 AM

Review by goodpasture:

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: Front-line anesthesiologist with auto-immune hepatitis. Immune-competent enough to resist patient pathogens in operating room, but Cellcept preventing my immune system from destroying my liver. Costs me $1200/mo before deductible.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2009 9:49 AM

Review by jaymo:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: Had kidney transplant almost 3 years ago, seems to be working great for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2009 8:15 PM

Review by Arveel c.:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in November of 2006. I've been taking Cellcept 2000mg a day since then. It has helped me tremendously! I hadn't experienced any real side effects until recently. I started having anxiety attacks after being put on the generic version of Cellcept.

October 28, 2009 3:09 PM

Review by Jennifer-GA:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: I was diagnosed with Lupus April 20, 2009. I was prescribed Cellcept and still on it. I notice a difference in the joint pain if I haven't taken my dose yet. The disadvantage is the stomach issues it causes. My doctor also prescribed me Imodium. That helps a lot.

October 26, 2009 5:33 PM

Review by Kay Geigh:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I have had a heart transplant. This drug has kept me alive for the last 18 months. Thank you. Fortunately I have suffered no side effects.

October 16, 2009 7:10 AM

For Dermatomyositis: Have been treated for Atopic Dermatomyositis since 1994 with a variety of drugs. Mycophenolate combined with small dosage of Prednisone (3 or 4 mg) have kept skin clear and relatively unaffected for past 5 years. Muscle enzymes quickly elevate if I cut back from two to one 250 mg capsule per day.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2009 11:48 PM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been taking this for about 6 months now and it has greatly reduced the inflammation and pain caused by inflammation of the arthritis. The only complaint I have is that if I take it in the morning as the doctor wants me to (1000mg 2xday) I am drowsy the whole day.

October 10, 2009 10:45 PM

Review by WBart:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Myasthenia Gravis: I have suffered from MG for 9 years. My original symptoms were mostly ocular with some generalized symptoms. I tested negative for AcR antibodies. I was on high dose Prednisone for a long time. When the symptoms came back, I told my Neuroogist that we had to find something else and he recommended we try CellCept. It works but there are side effects (mostly just annoying) and long term risks.

September 1, 2009 11:23 AM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Taking 2000mg a day with mild side effects. Tremors in my hands when I first started and when the dose was increased. Those have since stopped. Also experience some sleep problems, but this could also be due to another medication. My body responded very well to the medication and my condition has significantly improved in just a few months. Hoping for continued success on the medication.

August 14, 2009 3:43 PM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Ulcerative Colitis: This stuff to me was the miracle drug. I had been put on Imuran, Asacol, and neither of them helped at all. In fact, they worsened the condition. My new doctor put me on Cellcept and within 3-4 days, all of the symptoms were gone, like there was never a problem to start with. To me, Cellcept is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

August 4, 2009 10:41 PM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: But too expensive. I'm 27 years old with no insurance and I'm paying close to $1000 a month.

July 22, 2009 10:52 PM

Review by suesan:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: I was diagnosed with LUPUS on March 9, 2009 and put on Cellcept. I do have some of the side effects which I am working through. Hopefully this will be my answer to a long and happy life.

April 6, 2009 7:13 AM

Review by Mrs. D:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Myasthenia Gravis: I have been on CellCept for almost 3 years. I started taking it with an IVIG treatment and was taken off the IV to see if I can get by with just the CellCept. My oncologist wants me off it because of the increased risk of lymphmona. I will start trying to get off it in April.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2009 12:17 AM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Uveitis: While this medicine is keeping me from going blind, it upsets me every time I read the information about it (not suitable during pregnancy). I want to get pregnant but it is impossible for me to be taken off this medication without going blind. It looks like I'll never be able to have a child.

February 26, 2009 4:07 PM

Review by Matdijul:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Autoimmune Hepatitis: I waS diagnosed with acute hepatitis Jan 1, 2006 and was told I needed a liver transplant as soon as possible. Started Imuran shortly thereafter - no response - MELD climbed to 35. Went on Cellcept and liver enzymes, etc returned to normal range. Now on Prednisone and Cellcept after a minor enzyme spike - enzymes now normal. I STILL HAVE MY OWN LIVER.

February 5, 2009 10:23 PM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Pulmonary Fibrosis: I have been on 3000mg this drug for about 3 months. Little side effect.

January 5, 2009 1:53 PM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Myasthenia Gravis: Taking Cellcept for my Myasthenia Gravis has allowed me to live a symptom free, normal life.

December 9, 2008 10:57 AM