User Reviews for Mycophenolate mofetil

Also known as: CellCept

Learn more about Mycophenolate mofetil.

Dermatomyositis 1 reviews 15 medications

Psoriatic Arthritis 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pulmonary Fibrosis 1 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Mycophenolate mofetil reviews 32 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Mycophenolate mofetil

For Myasthenia Gravis: "The normal treatment of Prednisone & Mestinon became ineffective. My neurologist asked for me to try CellCept. I was placed on 1000 mg twice a day. It has been a God send. My eyes and face cleared up and my vision improved. This year, I was forced into Obama Care and the government panel has rejected me the use of it. I would be forced to personally pay an extremely high price for it."

subsisting (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "With the mycophenolate mofetil I take 500 MG Tabs, 3 tablets two times a day. I find it makes me drowsy and nauseous. Plus, right now, it’s not helping the pain in my hands and fingers."

Jellojb April 13, 2015

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Nephrotic Syndrome: "I was reluctant to take this medication but essentially had no choice when faced with the possibility of losing my kidneys. It saved my kidneys and also helped greatly with my other SLE symptoms (joint pain, neuropathy and lung issues to name a few). I also can't tolerate steroids, so luckily CellCept combined with Plaquenil has kept things under control without having to add Prednisone in the mix. I did experience some issues with dizziness, hair loss and insomnia, but they have tapered off after being on it for a year now; still have problems sleeping at times though and am now experiencing some anxiety. I'm also concerned about the long term effects ie. lymphoma risks and it's very expensive, but overall it saved my life."

Smed October 17, 2014

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I have had 3 Kidney Transplants and I've been on Cellcept 2 different times. The last time I was on Cellcept, for 7 years it worked well until I developed Cellcept Colitis. I was extremely sick and found myself in the hospital. The doctors discontinued Cellcept and now I am on Imuran."

3rd times the charm (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 15, 2014

For Multiple Sclerosis: "I have been taking this medication since 2010 after my worst episode and my first episode since taking it began two months ago. I'm taking it alone with no other Multiple Sclerosis related treatments except that we are now trying hydrocortisone since it is a natural steroid."

kilkennyblue (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2013

For Myasthenia Gravis: "I have had Myasthenia Gravis for 6 years. After a serious crisis and use of high levels of Prednisone. In 2008 I was put on mycophenolate mofetil. It has helped me tremendously. Not totally free from M.G. but I am pretty good and think Mycophenolate is great. I am male 67 and am on 1.5 grams per day. It has changed my life for the good."

Pasadena20 April 7, 2012

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for : "I was diagnose MG for three years, having plasma weekly but still not response. Currently taking cellcept, it seems response well within two days. Hopefully it help my symtoms so I don't have to have plasma weekly"

Anonymous February 16, 2011

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I had a liver transplant Feb '06 and have taken 1000mg twice a day now for a couple years. Before that dosage changed a bit to get correct dosage. I also take tacrolimus (prograf 1mg twice a day) I have had no side effects--expensive but luckily I have a plan."

Anonymous March 29, 2010

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I had a liver transplant in 2001 and was put on both CellCept and Prograf. When my creatine reached 2.1 I was taken off Prograf and put on 2000 mg a day of CellCept. I have had no side effects. I only problem is the cost, I am now on Medicare and will be in the donut hole after 4 months."

Anonymous January 27, 2010

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I had a liver transplantation in 1997, and been on Sadimmun Neoral for 13 years. In 2009 my Doctor decided to switch to Cellcept because my creatinine level rose from 1,3 to 1,7 (Kidney). I have been on both Neoral and Cellcept over the whole Summer of 2009. I did not feel well and finally in Nov. 2009 I had a Hyper Blood-sugar shock of 1402, Was hospitalized, now I am slowly recovering with Insulin BS 100-200. Ii switched back to Sandimmun 25-0-50 but my Doctor wants to switch again to Cellcept. I'm afraid to get a Hyperglycemia again."

franz_Sadimm_Cellcept January 20, 2010

For Myasthenia Gravis: "I am 70 years old and have suffered from MG for 12 years. I have been on predisone for that time 30/10mg eod. My neurologist said that I had to get off the prednisone and highly touted Cellcept. I was on 2000mg per day for five months and then started to have severe calf, ankle and feet swelling, horrible muscle aches and increased weakness. I really was in misery. I made a special appointment with my neurologist. He told me that it couldn't be the Cellcept that was causing my problems. But, he left the room for about five minutes, came back and said I had to get off Cellcept NOW. I believe he left the room to read up on the unusual but severe side effects. My symptoms are listed in that category."

TCO January 3, 2010

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: "Front-line anesthesiologist with auto-immune hepatitis. Immune-competent enough to resist patient pathogens in operating room, but Cellcept preventing my immune system from destroying my liver. Costs me $1200/mo before deductible. "

goodpasture December 13, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "Had kidney transplant almost 3 years ago, seems to be working great for me."

jaymo November 2, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in November of 2006. I've been taking Cellcept 2000mg a day since then. It has helped me tremendously! I hadn't experienced any real side effects until recently. I started having anxiety attacks after being put on the generic version of Cellcept."

Arveel c. October 28, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "I was diagnosed with Lupus April 20, 2009. I was prescribed Cellcept and still on it. I notice a difference in the joint pain if I haven't taken my dose yet. The disadvantage is the stomach issues it causes. My doctor also prescribed me Imodium. That helps a lot."

Jennifer-GA October 26, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I have had a heart transplant. This drug has kept me alive for the last 18 months. Thank you. Fortunately I have suffered no side effects."

Kay Geigh October 16, 2009

For Dermatomyositis: "Have been treated for Atopic Dermatomyositis since 1994 with a variety of drugs. Mycophenolate combined with small dosage of Prednisone (3 or 4 mg) have kept skin clear and relatively unaffected for past 5 years. Muscle enzymes quickly elevate if I cut back from two to one 250 mg capsule per day."

Anonymous October 14, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been taking this for about 6 months now and it has greatly reduced the inflammation and pain caused by inflammation of the arthritis. The only complaint I have is that if I take it in the morning as the doctor wants me to (1000mg 2xday) I am drowsy the whole day."

Anonymous October 10, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Myasthenia Gravis: "I have suffered from MG for 9 years. My original symptoms were mostly ocular with some generalized symptoms. I tested negative for AcR antibodies. I was on high dose Prednisone for a long time. When the symptoms came back, I told my Neuroogist that we had to find something else and he recommended we try CellCept. It works but there are side effects (mostly just annoying) and long term risks."

WBart September 1, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "Taking 2000mg a day with mild side effects. Tremors in my hands when I first started and when the dose was increased. Those have since stopped. Also experience some sleep problems, but this could also be due to another medication. My body responded very well to the medication and my condition has significantly improved in just a few months. Hoping for continued success on the medication."

Anonymous August 14, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Ulcerative Colitis: "This stuff to me was the miracle drug. I had been put on Imuran, Asacol, and neither of them helped at all. In fact, they worsened the condition. My new doctor put me on Cellcept and within 3-4 days, all of the symptoms were gone, like there was never a problem to start with. To me, Cellcept is the greatest thing since sliced bread."

Anonymous August 4, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "But too expensive. I'm 27 years old with no insurance and I'm paying close to $1000 a month."

Anonymous July 22, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "I was diagnosed with LUPUS on March 9, 2009 and put on Cellcept. I do have some of the side effects which I am working through. Hopefully this will be my answer to a long and happy life."

suesan April 6, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Myasthenia Gravis: "I have been on CellCept for almost 3 years. I started taking it with an IVIG treatment and was taken off the IV to see if I can get by with just the CellCept. My oncologist wants me off it because of the increased risk of lymphmona. I will start trying to get off it in April."

Mrs. D March 21, 2009

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) for Uveitis: "While this medicine is keeping me from going blind, it upsets me every time I read the information about it (not suitable during pregnancy). I want to get pregnant but it is impossible for me to be taken off this medication without going blind. It looks like I'll never be able to have a child."

Anonymous February 26, 2009