User Reviews for Mycophenolate mofetil

Also known as: CellCept

Learn more about Mycophenolate mofetil.

Mycophenolate mofetil review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 7 medications used in the treatment of Myasthenia Gravis.

Reviews for Mycophenolate mofetil to treat Myasthenia Gravis

Review by Pasadena20:

I have had Myasthenia Gravis for 6 years. After a serious crisis and use of high levels of Prednisone. In 2008 I was put on mycophenolate mofetil. It has helped me tremendously. Not totally free from M.G. but I am pretty good and think Mycophenolate is great. I am male 67 and am on 1.5 grams per day. It has changed my life for the good.

April 7, 2012 4:43 AM

Review by TCO:

I am 70 years old and have suffered from MG for 12 years. I have been on predisone for that time 30/10mg eod. My neurologist said that I had to get off the prednisone and highly touted Cellcept. I was on 2000mg per day for five months and then started to have severe calf, ankle and feet swelling, horrible muscle aches and increased weakness. I really was in misery. I made a special appointment with my neurologist. He told me that it couldn't be the Cellcept that was causing my problems. But, he left the room for about five minutes, came back and said I had to get off Cellcept NOW. I believe he left the room to read up on the unusual but severe side effects. My symptoms are listed in that category.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2010 1:43 AM

Review by WBart:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil): I have suffered from MG for 9 years. My original symptoms were mostly ocular with some generalized symptoms. I tested negative for AcR antibodies. I was on high dose Prednisone for a long time. When the symptoms came back, I told my Neuroogist that we had to find something else and he recommended we try CellCept. It works but there are side effects (mostly just annoying) and long term risks.

September 1, 2009 11:23 AM

Review by Mrs. D:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil): I have been on CellCept for almost 3 years. I started taking it with an IVIG treatment and was taken off the IV to see if I can get by with just the CellCept. My oncologist wants me off it because of the increased risk of lymphmona. I will start trying to get off it in April.

March 21, 2009 12:17 AM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil): Taking Cellcept for my Myasthenia Gravis has allowed me to live a symptom free, normal life.

December 9, 2008 10:57 AM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil): Cellcept works for many with Myasthenia Gravis, but not all. Thank God it has worked for me. I would be taking huge amounts of steroids or some other even more potent immunosuppressents if it was not for Cellcept. Thank you Roche.

August 14, 2008 8:49 PM

Review by S.S. Corps user:

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil): I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. It had affected my left eye. I lost control of the eyeball movement and the eyelid had to be manually opened. I have been taking 2 grams of cellcept daily for six months. I had an immediate positive response to the medication and the eye function improved 90% within a month. In the following months eye improvement was slow with small incremental improvements. Now the eyelid is working as expected. The left eyeball is not following the right eye. There are no sides effects.

July 27, 2008 4:32 PM

CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil): I have Myasthenia Gravis and I have been taking Cellcept for two years. It saved my life.

April 12, 2008 7:09 PM