User Reviews for Mometasone

Also known as: Elocon

Learn more about Mometasone.

Atopic Dermatitis 3 reviews 247 medications

Dermatitis 4 reviews 331 medications

7.2
Summary of Mometasone reviews 37 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Mometasone

For Dermatitis: "Did not help at all for my lichen planus. Tried 2 weeks morning and night. 2nd cream tried"

biopsy said lichen planus (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "My daughter is 21 now, but when she was about 1 or 2 years old, she was prescribed elocon and it permanently stopped her eczema in a few days. I was trying to remember the name of this prescription to recommend, and it just came to me out of the blue. I am so glad I remembered the name; I'm hoping it helps."

patexiss (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "My 5yr old daughter had a nasty flare-up that travelled from under her arm to half way down her inner forearm. Wasted money at Chemist buying OTC creams for a month that did nothing. Seeing her in pain & itching was awful, so went back to Drs & were prescribed Elocon-UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Cleared completely in 36hrs & has never come back-this was 7yrs ago!"

katlac January 9, 2016

Elocon (mometasone) for Psoriasis: "I've been using Elocon since I was 8 years old, I am now 35 and it's my faithful companion. Usually I slather it on the weekend before bed, by the time I shower mid-day all the scales wash off with a gentle scrub. It usually lasts me a week before it starts creeping up again but at least I know how to control it and now most people have no idea I have psoriasis unless I tell them."

B- December 9, 2015

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "Took my son to the allergist for testing, but he couldn't due to raised bumps on back so he prescribed elocon, I got the generic solution that comes in a squeeze dropper. I apply about 6 drops to affected area followed by cruel lotion which is good for replacing ceramides and hydration. I started late evening by the following morning I saw big improvement, by day 3 my son was a new person. Very satisfied so far hope he doesn't relapse"

motherEarth3 June 16, 2015

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I have suffered from eczema on and off for many years, recently I had a massive reaction on my face which resulted in severe eczema all over my face and neck. I had very sore red patches and very red burning patches. I felt rock bottom and after seeing a dermatologist she gave me Elocon. She gave me confidence that in 4 days my eczema would be completely cleared. I put it on at night and it stung just a little for the first night, 3 days later it had all cleared and my skin super smooth. This is a fab ointment and would certainly give a 10 out of 10 review."

Caz Nic April 2, 2015

For Dermatitis: "I have Otitis Externa....My doctor prescribed Mometasone for my outer ears as they get unbearable itching. I use this cream...what a difference this makes! 2 days of using this and my ears are 100% better for a while. Since this is a chronic condition when it flares up, I grab my tube of this cream and its gone in 2 days again. Love it!"

TheresaKessler February 9, 2015

For Eczema: "This is definitely miracle cream, no doubt about it. I have been using it for about 14 years on my hands to treat eczema breakouts. However... I was not warned about using it for long term treatment and my doctor gives me refills when I ask for it. I am only now finding out about possible nasty steroid withdrawal symptoms if I stop using it. After using it for such a long time I'm concerned but I plan to stop using it for awhile to see what happens."

pnof (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2015

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I was getting angry itchy red patches on my cheeks that went scaly and looked awful. Mindful of the need to be very cautious with such a steroid medication on the face I used the thinnest tiniest amount just on the red areas. I applied it first late evening. When I got up in the morning I was astonished and delighted to see a 90% improvement, redness virtually gone and no itching. This stuff is potent and highly effective. 24 - 36 hours should be enough to completely solve my issue. Very happy."

LondonTrader (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2014

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "This cream is awesome, my daughters arms look beautiful. I used it twice a day for about 3 days and her arms cleared up."

mstiff (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

Elocon (mometasone) for Psoriasis: "I tried every lotion, shampoos etc that said it would work and didn't. Came to the point where I was scratching so much my hair was falling out. My doctor suggested Elocon lotion for my scalp. Skeptical of course, used it in my hair and scalp before I went to sleep (stung a bit) but worth waking up and washing my hair to clear flake free scalp. I've never looked back, Best lotion ever."

Staccc (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2014

For : "I started out having chapped lips about six months ago. Went to a doctor and then a dermatologist three times. My condition kept getting worse and finally I saw a new dermatologist. By the time I saw the new doctor my lips, above my lip was raw. He recommended mometasone and within one day my condition was 95% gone. It is a miracle cream."

Phdh April 5, 2014

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I'm 21 and I have had eczema since I was a baby, however it has only been within the last three years that my skin has really suffered. I got very low after trying countless creams. I had light therapy which to me I found pointless as it only made me burn, which made me scratch more. I have eczema all over my body, literally everywhere so you can imagine, as fellow sufferers, how painful and uncomfortable this is. I started using Elocon a few days ago and I must say the improvement is phenomenal. I really would recommend this as my skin is almost clear! So pleased with the results so far!"

Rachel.guy January 14, 2014

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "This ointment is very effective. It has cleared up all of my breakouts from eczema. However, it concerns me that someone in an earlier post mentioned that they apply this medication to their face. Please DO NOT do this as Elocon is a steroid that can thin the skin. Its so strong, you only need to apply it to the affected area. Its not meant to be used like a face cream. The skin on your face is already so much thinner and more sensitive when than the skin on your arms and legs."

ClearSkinChoice November 12, 2013

Elocon (mometasone) for Psoriasis: "I've had scalp psoriasis for 20 years and this is the only thing that works for me. Tar shampoo can be effective but not if it takes me an hour to comb out my hair after....(I have long think hair). Elocon lotion works instantly! I will say that it stings if you have an open sore from scratching but if you use it regularly it makes an amazing difference. I would suggest the lotion over the cream for scalp psoriasis. I'm sure the cream would work better for your body."

CanadaGal15 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 28, 2013

Elocon (mometasone) for Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis for 15 years. I have purposely avoided biologics, steroids and UV treatments. I used Elocon for my first spot ever when I was first diagnosed with psoriasis and it made my tiny non-healing patch of psoriasis go away in a day. It never came back in that location. So, here it is 15 years later and although I've been covering up all year round and using coal tar to take the itch away. I've finally figured out a treatment plan that works. Use the Elocon to get rid of all the patches (it works great!) Then, use the 25% coal tar (5% active coal tar). Wallah! No more dermatologists or steroids for years!"

Anonymous December 7, 2012

Elocon (mometasone) for Dermatitis: "I had a very itchy rash on the outside of both lower legs, also what at first was an itchy red spot became quite large on the back of my calf. My doctor prescribed a cortisone cream that didn't help. Tried some other creams but no improvement. My legs were a mess for 12 months. Then I saw another doctor who prescribed Elocon which I used for 3 weeks and the rash cleared up. That was 3 months ago. I am 75 years old. I will use it again if I need too."

Helped. (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2012

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "My daughter has eczema, when using Elocon she stops scratching instantly. LOVE IT. Also I use pure Vaseline, also she bathes with Dove unscented sensitive soap and she rarely breakouts. Try it."

Anonymous July 11, 2012

For Eczema: "My 3 year old son suffers from eczema! It is one of the worst cases his doctor has seen. He scratches till it bleeds. It's behind his legs, between his fingers, bends of his arms. He has been using this cream for about 3 days only. As of now it is helping but not cleared up completely!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2012

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "Suffered all my life from eczema and Elocon is by far the most effective ointment I have used."

Anonymous February 24, 2012

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I love Elocon. I'm 28 years old and have been through tubes and tubes of cortisone creams, Benadryl ointments, oatmeal cures and the like. Elocon has been the only cream that works for my eczema. I get terrible rashes that flare up inside of my arms, legs, neck and belly. They come seasonally and when I'm most stressed. I use Elocon after I realize I'm scratching uncontrollably and within a couple of days, the scratching ends and the swelling subsides. My eczema flares and bleeds on the same day so when I apply Elocon for the first day it burns for a few seconds as I'm rubbing it into my wounds. The following day, my rashes have healed and never look as painful as the first day. *Only use 14 days on and 14 days off if you need it like I do!"

Evibeth December 21, 2011

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "Virtually instant relief from itching-lasts for up to six weeks.(small area about size of a match head) behind knee."

Anonymous November 22, 2011

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I have used Elocon for over 20 years and have not seen any sign of side effects. In addition, I use a small amount around the eyes and have very little wrinkles to report. This stuff is amazing. Please note - there are warnings about using this product on your face. My face does not react to the cream and I only use it once a week. "

Steve- OO September 8, 2011

Elocon (mometasone) for Dermatitis: "I was suffering a skin condition for 13 years, in my scrotum. After spending thousands of dollars with specialists, I use Elocon for a week and my life was back on track. Thanks to Elocon I have my life back."

latinlover July 31, 2011

Elocon (mometasone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "If only I'd found out about this cream earlier! I suffer from dermatitis on my face (brought on by stress) and tried everything else first, but this was the only thing that worked. Took about 2 days for me."

Anonymous June 4, 2011