User Reviews for Mometasone

Also known as: Elocon

Learn more about Mometasone.

Mometasone review summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 139 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Mometasone to treat Eczema

Review by mstiff (taken for less than 1 month):

Elocon (mometasone): This cream is awesome, my daughters arms look beautiful. I used it twice a day for about 3 days and her arms cleared up.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 1:22 PM

Review by Rachel.guy:

Elocon (mometasone): I'm 21 and I have had eczema since I was a baby, however it has only been within the last three years that my skin has really suffered. I got very low after trying countless creams. I had light therapy which to me I found pointless as it only made me burn, which made me scratch more. I have eczema all over my body, literally everywhere so you can imagine, as fellow sufferers, how painful and uncomfortable this is. I started using Elocon a few days ago and I must say the improvement is phenomenal. I really would recommend this as my skin is almost clear! So pleased with the results so far!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2014 5:00 PM

Review by ClearSkinChoice:

Elocon (mometasone): This ointment is very effective. It has cleared up all of my breakouts from eczema. However, it concerns me that someone in an earlier post mentioned that they apply this medication to their face. Please DO NOT do this as Elocon is a steroid that can thin the skin. Its so strong, you only need to apply it to the affected area. Its not meant to be used like a face cream. The skin on your face is already so much thinner and more sensitive when than the skin on your arms and legs.

November 12, 2013 8:42 PM

Elocon (mometasone): My daughter has eczema, when using Elocon she stops scratching instantly. LOVE IT. Also I use pure Vaseline, also she bathes with Dove unscented sensitive soap and she rarely breakouts. Try it.

July 11, 2012 3:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

My 3 year old son suffers from eczema! It is one of the worst cases his doctor has seen. He scratches till it bleeds. It's behind his legs, between his fingers, bends of his arms. He has been using this cream for about 3 days only. As of now it is helping but not cleared up completely!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2012 10:19 PM

Elocon (mometasone): Suffered all my life from eczema and Elocon is by far the most effective ointment I have used.

February 24, 2012 7:08 PM

Review by Evibeth:

Elocon (mometasone): I love Elocon. I'm 28 years old and have been through tubes and tubes of cortisone creams, Benadryl ointments, oatmeal cures and the like. Elocon has been the only cream that works for my eczema. I get terrible rashes that flare up inside of my arms, legs, neck and belly. They come seasonally and when I'm most stressed. I use Elocon after I realize I'm scratching uncontrollably and within a couple of days, the scratching ends and the swelling subsides. My eczema flares and bleeds on the same day so when I apply Elocon for the first day it burns for a few seconds as I'm rubbing it into my wounds. The following day, my rashes have healed and never look as painful as the first day. *Only use 14 days on and 14 days off if you need it like I do!

December 21, 2011 10:44 PM

Elocon (mometasone): Virtually instant relief from itching-lasts for up to six weeks.(small area about size of a match head) behind knee.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2011 2:41 PM

Review by Steve- OO:

Elocon (mometasone): I have used Elocon for over 20 years and have not seen any sign of side effects. In addition, I use a small amount around the eyes and have very little wrinkles to report. This stuff is amazing. Please note - there are warnings about using this product on your face. My face does not react to the cream and I only use it once a week.

September 8, 2011 6:30 PM

Review by Desmond Ayim-Aboagye:

Elocon (mometasone): Good medicine

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2011 2:31 PM

Elocon (mometasone): I have tried many treatments for my eczema and this, and its generic form, have been the best. I get dry skin, redness, and cracking between my fingers, at the wrist and sometimes on the lower arm. One treatment at night and by morning the redness is gone, irritation gone, and after the 2nd day of treatment, no signs or symptoms of the eczema.

March 3, 2010 10:51 AM

Review by Jack-E24:

Elocon (mometasone): I used to have rashes that swelled and bled. In 5 minutes the irritation and swelling was gone.

May 20, 2009 12:57 AM