User Reviews for Mometasone

Also known as: Elocon

Learn more about Mometasone.

Mometasone Review Summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 142 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Mometasone to treat Eczema

Elocon (mometasone): "I have suffered from eczema on and off for many years, recently I had a massive reaction on my face which resulted in severe eczema all over my face and neck. I had very sore red patches and very red burning patches. I felt rock bottom and after seeing a dermatologist she gave me Elocon. She gave me confidence that in 4 days my eczema would be completely cleared. I put it on at night and it stung just a little for the first night, 3 days later it had all cleared and my skin super smooth. This is a fab ointment and would certainly give a 10 out of 10 review."

Caz Nic April 2, 2015

"This is definitely miracle cream, no doubt about it. I have been using it for about 14 years on my hands to treat eczema breakouts. However... I was not warned about using it for long term treatment and my doctor gives me refills when I ask for it. I am only now finding out about possible nasty steroid withdrawal symptoms if I stop using it. After using it for such a long time I'm concerned but I plan to stop using it for awhile to see what happens."

pnof (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2015

Elocon (mometasone): "I was getting angry itchy red patches on my cheeks that went scaly and looked awful. Mindful of the need to be very cautious with such a steroid medication on the face I used the thinnest tiniest amount just on the red areas. I applied it first late evening. When I got up in the morning I was astonished and delighted to see a 90% improvement, redness virtually gone and no itching. This stuff is potent and highly effective. 24 - 36 hours should be enough to completely solve my issue. Very happy."

LondonTrader (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2014

Elocon (mometasone): "This cream is awesome, my daughters arms look beautiful. I used it twice a day for about 3 days and her arms cleared up."

mstiff (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

Elocon (mometasone): "I'm 21 and I have had eczema since I was a baby, however it has only been within the last three years that my skin has really suffered. I got very low after trying countless creams. I had light therapy which to me I found pointless as it only made me burn, which made me scratch more. I have eczema all over my body, literally everywhere so you can imagine, as fellow sufferers, how painful and uncomfortable this is. I started using Elocon a few days ago and I must say the improvement is phenomenal. I really would recommend this as my skin is almost clear! So pleased with the results so far!"

Rachel.guy January 14, 2014

Elocon (mometasone): "This ointment is very effective. It has cleared up all of my breakouts from eczema. However, it concerns me that someone in an earlier post mentioned that they apply this medication to their face. Please DO NOT do this as Elocon is a steroid that can thin the skin. Its so strong, you only need to apply it to the affected area. Its not meant to be used like a face cream. The skin on your face is already so much thinner and more sensitive when than the skin on your arms and legs."

ClearSkinChoice November 12, 2013

Elocon (mometasone): "My daughter has eczema, when using Elocon she stops scratching instantly. LOVE IT. Also I use pure Vaseline, also she bathes with Dove unscented sensitive soap and she rarely breakouts. Try it."

Anonymous July 11, 2012

"My 3 year old son suffers from eczema! It is one of the worst cases his doctor has seen. He scratches till it bleeds. It's behind his legs, between his fingers, bends of his arms. He has been using this cream for about 3 days only. As of now it is helping but not cleared up completely!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2012

Elocon (mometasone): "Suffered all my life from eczema and Elocon is by far the most effective ointment I have used."

Anonymous February 24, 2012

Elocon (mometasone): "I love Elocon. I'm 28 years old and have been through tubes and tubes of cortisone creams, Benadryl ointments, oatmeal cures and the like. Elocon has been the only cream that works for my eczema. I get terrible rashes that flare up inside of my arms, legs, neck and belly. They come seasonally and when I'm most stressed. I use Elocon after I realize I'm scratching uncontrollably and within a couple of days, the scratching ends and the swelling subsides. My eczema flares and bleeds on the same day so when I apply Elocon for the first day it burns for a few seconds as I'm rubbing it into my wounds. The following day, my rashes have healed and never look as painful as the first day. *Only use 14 days on and 14 days off if you need it like I do!"

Evibeth December 21, 2011

Elocon (mometasone): "Virtually instant relief from itching-lasts for up to six weeks.(small area about size of a match head) behind knee."

Anonymous November 22, 2011

Elocon (mometasone): "I have used Elocon for over 20 years and have not seen any sign of side effects. In addition, I use a small amount around the eyes and have very little wrinkles to report. This stuff is amazing. Please note - there are warnings about using this product on your face. My face does not react to the cream and I only use it once a week. "

Steve- OO September 8, 2011

Elocon (mometasone): "Good medicine"

Desmond Ayim-Aboagye January 23, 2011

Elocon (mometasone): "I have tried many treatments for my eczema and this, and its generic form, have been the best. I get dry skin, redness, and cracking between my fingers, at the wrist and sometimes on the lower arm. One treatment at night and by morning the redness is gone, irritation gone, and after the 2nd day of treatment, no signs or symptoms of the eczema."

Anonymous March 3, 2010

Elocon (mometasone): "I used to have rashes that swelled and bled. In 5 minutes the irritation and swelling was gone."

Jack-E24 May 20, 2009