User Reviews for Methergine

Learn more about Methergine.

Reviews for Methergine to treat Migraine

Went on Methergine after being in the hospital and several years of changing preventive medicines, with migraines only getting worse and clustering longer. Once on the dose (had to go up 1 pill a day each week) had the best 2 months of my life. Month off - back to horrible. Back on - good month. Then this month have had a 10 day cluster. Doctor says change of weather (to winter), and other issues may be the cause. Not to give up.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2010 1:17 PM

Review by gaulik:

I have run the gamet of drugs for migraines also. This is the final med that we haven't tried. Finally, I haven't had a migraine since being on it-only on it for 4 weeks. I am being weaned for Topamax and am still on a host of other meds but Topamax gave me serious side effects. I had daily migraines and have clusters in spring and fall. I feel great for the first times is years. Am afraid what is going to happen when I take my "vacation" from the med in 6 months. Ginny

April 2, 2010 2:01 PM

Review by Library Lady:

I've been suffering from migraines for about 10 years. I've tried topamax, zonegren, savella, muscle relaxants, rescue drugs and now Methergine. I finally feel like I have my life back. I've only had one migraine in 3 months and that migraine wasn't too bad at all. It's wonderful. Methergine is supposed to be taken for a set period of time, then you need time off of it. In rare cases it causes heart/lung problems. I had to have a chest x-ray and an echo before my migraine specialist would prescribe it. I wish migraine researchers would take another look at this drug and refine it to come up with new solutions without any possible side effects. For now, I have my life back and I'm grateful to my migraine doctor - Traci Purath.

January 8, 2010 12:34 PM