User Reviews for Canasa

Reviews for Canasa

Canasa (mesalamine) for Crohn's Disease: Helped a great deal

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 7, 2012 1:13 PM

Canasa (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: Colon pain and bleeding occurred while I was out of country. Doctor thought condition would improve on its own. Condition persisted for three weeks until Canasa prescribed. Two to three days after administering medication, symptoms disappeared. It is such a relief to no longer have the stress that occurs with illness. I am pleased that my physician recommended this of action, and wished I'd had this intervention sooner.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 13, 2011 3:16 AM
Review by Rick0517: User Rating:

Canasa (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I used Canasa for 1 year and it seemed to lessen my flare ups. After one year my prescription discount has run out and can't be renewed for 6 months. Since Canasa is VERY expensive I'm not able to afford it. I've been off it for three weeks now and experiencing small flare ups, severe fatigue and cramping.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 31, 2011 1:36 PM
Review by Sickofbeingsicko: User Rating:

Canasa (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: This medicine stopped the pain of two severe colon fistulas (fissures?) in about three days. I'm very glad to have had it prescribed, and to my knowledge, no side effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 4, 2010 11:53 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Canasa (mesalamine): I was diagnosed with proctitis (only in the first 7 inches of the rectum) and had pain on and off every 4-5 months for 10 years until I got medicated for it. Canasa is great if you use it when symtoms arise and keep using it 5-10 days after symptom finishes. Remission for me is still 3-4 months but for now Canasa relieves the pain and inflammation.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 8, 2008 5:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Canasa (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: This is a 5-ASA suppository. Helpful in gaining control of a mild UC flare. No side effects. Fairly easy to "hold in" compared to Rowasa, but doesn't spread as far, pretty much only the rectum. A little lube helps, I also knock off the rough edges on the blunt end.

April 2, 2008 7:53 PM