User Reviews for Namenda XR

Learn more about Namenda XR.

Alzheimer's Disease 2 reviews 27 medications

4.5
Summary of Namenda XR reviews 2 reviews 4.5

Reviews for Namenda XR

"My mother is on a dose of 21 mg NAMENDA XR and I think it is making her symptoms worse. She is very medication sensitive and I see her CHI as more depressed, forgetful, worrisome and confused. I will be discussing as always with her doctor But I feel she needs to be removed from this medicine. Plus on a side note it is nearly impossible to get this medicine, although that has nothing to do with her taking the medication."

clssyeyes (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2014

For Alzheimer's Disease "My wife began the 4 stage process a couple of months ago, and I stopped it halfway through week 2 because she seemed to be getting more confused. We started again a month ago and are into the 2nd full dose, and I am very concerned that her condition is worse instead of better."

bsandy (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2014

For Alzheimer's Disease "My wife tried to add Namenda as a component of combination therapy but after continuous bouts of bronchitis we terminated Namenda and, as a result, she was (in short order) able to get rid of the bronchitis. Since Namenda had seemed promising (initially, before bronchitis), we were very disappointed that it seemed necessary to eliminate that component of her treatment. Although our neurologist had not previously seen a case in which bronchitis was a side effect of Namenda, he suggested we try Namenda XR. We are thrilled that she has been able to take Namenda XR without experiencing such a side effect and that Namenda XR appears to be providing desired benefits."

Hubbycare April 15, 2014