User Reviews for Cozaar

High Blood Pressure 42 reviews 253 medications

6.7
Summary of Cozaar reviews 45 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Cozaar

For High Blood Pressure "Blood pressure dropped sharply and nicely. Able to halve the dose after a week. Very noticeable pedal edema during medication and after stopping the medication due to excellent response and the disfiguring foot and lower leg swelling.."

macinyart March 16, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "Had no effect on blood pressure, even after increasing to the maximum prescribing dosage."

captkrash (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "Cozaar did work better at lowering my pressure than the previous medication I was on which was metropolol however , it caused weight gain . A lot of it and fast . I quickly went off of it and chose something to help to help lower my blood pressure . So yes it works but becareful of the side effects"

Missris (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I took 50mg of Cozaar, 1 x daily for 5 days, had bad dreams, lightheaded and dizzy, and started having nosebleeds. I stopped taking it and I'm calling doctor today."

katmer May 2, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have been on Losartan with Atenolol for 6 1/2 years after triple bypass surgery. With proper eating and exercise, the results have been very good. My blood pressure is well maintained in the 120/130 over 64/76 range. I am 69 years old and find that low sodium diet and limited meats, along with walking exercise is an excellent combination. GET THE WEIGHT OFF AND START WALKING 30 to 40 minutes and cut the TV off!"

Tocomc (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 19, 2013

236 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking Cozaar 50 mg 1per day combined with Coreg 25 mg 2x daily for about 10 years. My blood pressure was 200/120. About 2 years ago Coreg CR 20mg replaced the Coreg daily. This regimen slowly reduced my BP to 100/60. This BP was too low so I stopped the Coreg CR completely. I am now on Cozaar 50 mg 1 per day and my BP is averaging 125/60-70."

Bill too (taken for 10 years or more) January 14, 2013

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "My expereince is not good. It did lower by blood pressure by 15 points, but the side effects are not worth it. It caused me to have problems focusing and concentrating on my work, memory loss, and increased stress and depression. I noticed the problems the first week I took the medicine. My boss also noticed the problems, which was confirmation that it was my new medicine. I went off the medicine and my brain is back to normal. I am a computer programmer, so my brain has to function at its best. I wouldn't take this medicine if your brain has to function at top performance or you have problems with stress/depression because it made my depression worse and I felt more stressed out for no reason."

joanna_al (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2012

258 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I took this along with a beta blocker,and although the mechanism of the medicine seems very desirable, for me the dilation of the blood vessels caused an unacceptable amount of facial flushing, although this is not a listed side effect. Furthermore when I stopped taking it (after a year or so) there was only a small increase in blood pressure, whilst on the same dose of Beta blocker."

Sean B. UK November 18, 2011

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking Cozaar for high blood pressure for 16 years with no problems so far."

Mahoma November 17, 2011

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "The combination of Cozaar with Atenolol has been highly effective in controlling my blood pressure, which had been intractable previously. After using the Cozaar brand name for some generic brand losartan. Over the next few months I developed a severe heartburn problem. I did not associate it with the change to the generic until a year later when certain other reasons I switched back to the brand name. Almost immediately my heartburn problem subsided. Please be aware of this if you are using a generic instead of Cozaar and you develop heartburn."

Atwood May 13, 2011

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Started at 25 mg, then went to 50 mg and then to 100 mg. While my BP was not really under control (hypotension - hypertension) and my heart rate was 112 while resting and I gained 12 pounds over night. During my Cozaar experience my energy level was so much better than it had been over the previous 10 years taking lisinopril, however BP control and the side affects I experienced were just not acceptable. There has to be something out there that will work. "

Anonymous February 13, 2011

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "This has been an excellent medicine. I take 25mg Cozaar a day and 12.5 Coreg twice for dilated Cardiomyopathy. I also have a history of frequent PVC's (8 to 15 a min) and V-Tachycardia, and things have calmed down in my chest greatly. It was like a fireworks show going on. The Cozaar was a God send after the Enalapril caused a fierce cough and a case of Pancreatitis after only 7 weeks that left me hospitalized for 10 days. I'm 41 and have almost as much energy as a regular 41 yr old."

RogerEly November 29, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking generic Cozaar for about 3 months. Taking 25mg one time a day along with 12.5 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide. It mildly lowers my BP. I get readings near 120/80, but also get high readings some time as well. Dr wants to up dosage to 50mg per day. I want to wait a while as my BP isn't that bad yet and I am trying to slowly adjust to the side effects. I am constantly "dry" and thirsty for water. I have bad dizziness that gets really bad on occasion. The side effects are much less to me than Lisinopril which had me coughing 24/7 and gave me bad angioedema after 3 months."

Mark Andrew November 24, 2010

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Real brief history: Doctor wanted me to go on blood pressure medicines for a while, finally got her to write a script for 25 mg Cozaar. Went to work on Sept 21 and blood pressure was 156/93, thought well, this is as good a time as any to start taking it. That night, resting in front of the T.V before bedtime it was 102/64. Quite a drop. After the first week it averaged 121/76. Have had no real bad side effects but I seem to feel hotter than I used to. Live in Virginia Beach and the A/C set at 73 most of the time but still feel warm, don't know if this is Cozaar or not. Am also a runner and after the first mile I feel this warm rush course through my body, also seem to sweat buckets now. "

gregtheegg September 30, 2010

186 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have taken 50 mg Cozaar daily since it was released. I have had no problems at all. My BP maintains at about 98/66 with a range of 86-114/56-68. I am 71 years old and had a massive heart attack 21 years ago."

Blticknor September 25, 2010

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I'm 71 years old and have congestive heart failure. I had a massive heart attack 21 years ago. I have taken 50 mg of Cozaar and 100 mg of Coreg daily since each has been available, with no side effects. Initially my LVEF was about 20. It is now about 30-35. My blood pressure runs about 98/66. I have had no remodeling. My heart has stayed at the upper limit of normal size all this time. I feel I owe my life to these two medicines."

Blticknor September 25, 2010

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Cozaar did not help my blood pressure and the side effects were bad. I had headaches from day one, nausea, low back pain and nonstop trips the toilet. My doctor wanted me to try Cozaar because my medicare provider wouldn't cover my Diovan. I have been taking Diovan for years. It took forever to find a drug that worked on blood pressure without side effects. Diovan is expensive at $80 for a 30-day supply, but it works."

michael hinton July 26, 2010

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Diabetic Kidney Disease "Really very good medicine, recommend to all who have pandemic cancer."

Jameson2645 June 28, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "I took Cozaar 50mg drug for one week and yes it was very effective in lowering my blood pressure to normal. However, it gave me terrible insomnia so if I got two hours sleep a night I was lucky. Also upset my stomach and gave my heart a big 'thump' every now and again. Also vision became fuzzy."

Mark58 June 1, 2010

181 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I was taking enalapril for about six months and was coughing a lot. I just switch to Losartan potassium and so far it lowered my blood pressure better than enalapril, however, I am still coughing. It is very annoying and I will probably ask to be change again to another medicine."

anasant May 18, 2010

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I've been on Cozaar for a number of years after doing a study for hypertension. It works great for me! My blood pressure is consistently 115/70 everyday. I have not experienced side effects from it. My dosage is 50 mg/day."

Anonymous May 13, 2010

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I had been taking Benicar 20/12 mg for about 5 years, as there is no generic substitution for Benicar and it was very expensive I asked my Doctor for another drug. Cozaar was suggested and it had just become generic the week before. I have been taking it for about 6 weeks. I don't feel any negative side effects. So far so good."

Anonymous May 6, 2010

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on Cozaar for many years. I did have a nagging cough which neither I nor my doctor connected to Cozaar. She thought the cough might be due to reflux and I started taking generic Omeprazole (Prilosec) and the cough went away. I dont know if the Cozaar was causing the indigestion but if you like taking Cozaar and have a cough you might try this."

Anonymous April 27, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "Cozaar 25 mg was effective in reducing blood pressure but very expensive and possibly caused dizziness. It was replaced with Amiodipine Besylate 5mg (generic for Norvasc), and it works just as well at a much, much lower price. Dizziness has eased."

Anonymous March 26, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "My MD put me on Cozaar for my hypertension and rapid pulse. I also take Verapamil. I have a condition called Marfan's Syndrome and Doctor hopes this medicine will help prevent any further dilation of my aorta. I had to go off the hydrochlorothiazide and now have a lot of edema in my legs to above my knees so started on Lasix today also. But it's worth using in order to protect my blood vessels."

Anonymous November 17, 2009