User Reviews for Cozaar

6.9
Summary of Cozaar reviews 41 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Cozaar

Review by Tocomc (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have been on Losartan with Atenolol for 6 1/2 years after triple bypass surgery. With proper eating and exercise, the results have been very good. My blood pressure is well maintained in the 120/130 over 64/76 range. I am 69 years old and find that low sodium diet and limited meats, along with walking exercise is an excellent combination. GET THE WEIGHT OFF AND START WALKING 30 to 40 minutes and cut the TV off!

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 19, 2013 10:13 PM
Review by Bill too (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have been taking Cozaar 50 mg 1per day combined with Coreg 25 mg 2x daily for about 10 years. My blood pressure was 200/120. About 2 years ago Coreg CR 20mg replaced the Coreg daily. This regimen slowly reduced my BP to 100/60. This BP was too low so I stopped the Coreg CR completely. I am now on Cozaar 50 mg 1 per day and my BP is averaging 125/60-70.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2013 2:02 PM
Review by joanna_al (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: My expereince is not good. It did lower by blood pressure by 15 points, but the side effects are not worth it. It caused me to have problems focusing and concentrating on my work, memory loss, and increased stress and depression. I noticed the problems the first week I took the medicine. My boss also noticed the problems, which was confirmation that it was my new medicine. I went off the medicine and my brain is back to normal. I am a computer programmer, so my brain has to function at its best. I wouldn't take this medicine if your brain has to function at top performance or you have problems with stress/depression because it made my depression worse and I felt more stressed out for no reason.

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 26, 2012 12:32 PM
Review by Sean B. UK: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I took this along with a beta blocker,and although the mechanism of the medicine seems very desirable, for me the dilation of the blood vessels caused an unacceptable amount of facial flushing, although this is not a listed side effect. Furthermore when I stopped taking it (after a year or so) there was only a small increase in blood pressure, whilst on the same dose of Beta blocker.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 18, 2011 10:11 AM
Review by Mahoma: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have been taking Cozaar for high blood pressure for 16 years with no problems so far.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 17, 2011 4:03 PM
Review by Atwood: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: The combination of Cozaar with Atenolol has been highly effective in controlling my blood pressure, which had been intractable previously. After using the Cozaar brand name for some generic brand losartan. Over the next few months I developed a severe heartburn problem. I did not associate it with the change to the generic until a year later when certain other reasons I switched back to the brand name. Almost immediately my heartburn problem subsided. Please be aware of this if you are using a generic instead of Cozaar and you develop heartburn.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 13, 2011 11:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: Started at 25 mg, then went to 50 mg and then to 100 mg. While my BP was not really under control (hypotension - hypertension) and my heart rate was 112 while resting and I gained 12 pounds over night. During my Cozaar experience my energy level was so much better than it had been over the previous 10 years taking lisinopril, however BP control and the side affects I experienced were just not acceptable. There has to be something out there that will work.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 13, 2011 12:07 PM
Review by RogerEly: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: This has been an excellent medicine. I take 25mg Cozaar a day and 12.5 Coreg twice for dilated Cardiomyopathy. I also have a history of frequent PVC's (8 to 15 a min) and V-Tachycardia, and things have calmed down in my chest greatly. It was like a fireworks show going on. The Cozaar was a God send after the Enalapril caused a fierce cough and a case of Pancreatitis after only 7 weeks that left me hospitalized for 10 days. I'm 41 and have almost as much energy as a regular 41 yr old.

November 29, 2010 8:59 PM
Review by Mark Andrew: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have been taking generic Cozaar for about 3 months. Taking 25mg one time a day along with 12.5 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide. It mildly lowers my BP. I get readings near 120/80, but also get high readings some time as well. Dr wants to up dosage to 50mg per day. I want to wait a while as my BP isn't that bad yet and I am trying to slowly adjust to the side effects. I am constantly "dry" and thirsty for water. I have bad dizziness that gets really bad on occasion. The side effects are much less to me than Lisinopril which had me coughing 24/7 and gave me bad angioedema after 3 months.

November 24, 2010 10:02 PM
Review by gregtheegg:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: Real brief history: Doctor wanted me to go on blood pressure medicines for a while, finally got her to write a script for 25 mg Cozaar. Went to work on Sept 21 and blood pressure was 156/93, thought well, this is as good a time as any to start taking it. That night, resting in front of the T.V before bedtime it was 102/64. Quite a drop. After the first week it averaged 121/76. Have had no real bad side effects but I seem to feel hotter than I used to. Live in Virginia Beach and the A/C set at 73 most of the time but still feel warm, don't know if this is Cozaar or not. Am also a runner and after the first mile I feel this warm rush course through my body, also seem to sweat buckets now.

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 30, 2010 9:25 AM
Review by Blticknor: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have taken 50 mg Cozaar daily since it was released. I have had no problems at all. My BP maintains at about 98/66 with a range of 86-114/56-68. I am 71 years old and had a massive heart attack 21 years ago.

September 25, 2010 5:26 PM
Review by Blticknor: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I'm 71 years old and have congestive heart failure. I had a massive heart attack 21 years ago. I have taken 50 mg of Cozaar and 100 mg of Coreg daily since each has been available, with no side effects. Initially my LVEF was about 20. It is now about 30-35. My blood pressure runs about 98/66. I have had no remodeling. My heart has stayed at the upper limit of normal size all this time. I feel I owe my life to these two medicines.

September 25, 2010 1:32 AM
Review by michael hinton: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: Cozaar did not help my blood pressure and the side effects were bad. I had headaches from day one, nausea, low back pain and nonstop trips the toilet. My doctor wanted me to try Cozaar because my medicare provider wouldn't cover my Diovan. I have been taking Diovan for years. It took forever to find a drug that worked on blood pressure without side effects. Diovan is expensive at $80 for a 30-day supply, but it works.

July 26, 2010 11:08 AM
Review by Jameson2645: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for Diabetic Kidney Disease: Really very good medicine, recommend to all who have pandemic cancer.

June 28, 2010 12:59 PM
Review by Mark58: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I took Cozaar 50mg drug for one week and yes it was very effective in lowering my blood pressure to normal. However, it gave me terrible insomnia so if I got two hours sleep a night I was lucky. Also upset my stomach and gave my heart a big 'thump' every now and again. Also vision became fuzzy.

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 1, 2010 9:10 PM
Review by anasant:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I was taking enalapril for about six months and was coughing a lot. I just switch to Losartan potassium and so far it lowered my blood pressure better than enalapril, however, I am still coughing. It is very annoying and I will probably ask to be change again to another medicine.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 18, 2010 9:26 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I've been on Cozaar for a number of years after doing a study for hypertension. It works great for me! My blood pressure is consistently 115/70 everyday. I have not experienced side effects from it. My dosage is 50 mg/day.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 13, 2010 6:17 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I had been taking Benicar 20/12 mg for about 5 years, as there is no generic substitution for Benicar and it was very expensive I asked my Doctor for another drug. Cozaar was suggested and it had just become generic the week before. I have been taking it for about 6 weeks. I don't feel any negative side effects. So far so good.

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 6, 2010 12:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan): I have been on Cozaar for many years. I did have a nagging cough which neither I nor my doctor connected to Cozaar. She thought the cough might be due to reflux and I started taking generic Omeprazole (Prilosec) and the cough went away. I dont know if the Cozaar was causing the indigestion but if you like taking Cozaar and have a cough you might try this.

April 27, 2010 7:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: Cozaar 25 mg was effective in reducing blood pressure but very expensive and possibly caused dizziness. It was replaced with Amiodipine Besylate 5mg (generic for Norvasc), and it works just as well at a much, much lower price. Dizziness has eased.

March 26, 2010 10:04 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: My MD put me on Cozaar for my hypertension and rapid pulse. I also take Verapamil. I have a condition called Marfan's Syndrome and Doctor hopes this medicine will help prevent any further dilation of my aorta. I had to go off the hydrochlorothiazide and now have a lot of edema in my legs to above my knees so started on Lasix today also. But it's worth using in order to protect my blood vessels.

November 17, 2009 8:53 PM
Review by siemprepaciente: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I thought this drug very effective bringing down my blood pressure from an average 146 over 89 to 120 over 70. After three days I began to get more and more nauseous until I called the Doctor on the ninth day. He said we would change to another prescription.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 28, 2009 7:13 PM
Review by iamelbo: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for Diabetic Kidney Disease: Cozaar brought down my blood pressure immediately without hurting my kidneys and without any side effects.

October 26, 2009 11:19 AM
Review by John Howard Norfolk: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: No discernible side effects. I have taken it for more than 3 years and it works for me. I now have blood pressure less than 120/80 which was previously 140/120, although I watch my diet and exercise now, which helps.

October 21, 2009 9:19 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: This medication caused me to have severe muscle pain and tightness in my thighs and back. It was debilitating. This was an immediate side effect I experienced. I was only on it 3 days.

163 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 9, 2009 8:22 PM