User Reviews for Ativan

Learn more about Ativan.

Ativan Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Ativan to treat Anxiety

"I am taking 1mg 4x daily. I have had some deaths in my family and have been more anxious. Should my dose be increased?"

kvam (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2015

"Thank God for Ativan. Even though when the stressful situation came up, instead of having a panic attack I was able to stop it with the calm. I do wish it could erase those trigger moments but I'm so glad I can stop them and manage them better with Ativan. I also really like that I can take it on a work day with no side effects or that fuzzy high feeling. It has not affected my sleep or anything else. It's a lifesaver for me. I'm back!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

"Lifesaver for adrenaline rush feelings. The smallest dose cut in half makes me feel calm, slows my racing heart and heart palpitations, and puts me to sleep. I couldn't have survived lyme disease without it. The only bad things are it will make you tired and after being on it for 2 weeks straight, you're likely to have rebound anxiety. If you have long term anxiety SSRIs are the best choice."

rainbowz May 14, 2015

"Very effective for calmness."

vgj (taken for 10 years or more) May 3, 2015

"I suffer from PTSD, depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. I previously took Xanax, but it was too short acting for me. I needed a benzodiazepine that was longer acting, since my anxiety goes on for a long time. I like that Ativan lasts 6-8 hours, in which I need for times of long time anxiousness. However I have realized that smoking cigarettes lessens the effectiveness of benzodiazepines, so I will have to work around that. Anyway, Ativan is great for people like me who have anxiety and panic attacks."

etherealmoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

"I take 6mg Ativan a day and will do for life, it saved my life there is nothing else to touch a benzodiazepine if your anxiety is off the scale. Yes you get tolerant but what else is there out there NOTHING that works in 20 minutes like Ativan. I am 67 and not going to worry myself with addiction and withdrawal. What would I withdraw to there is nothing out the. I have taken Ativan for 40 years and I am alive, I don't think I would be without it. "

dyslexic (taken for 10 years or more) April 9, 2015

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Works well with anxiety, panic"

jooe473 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2015

"I take 0.5mg everyday before I head out to work. I had my panic at work, and this keeps me calm and able to get through the day. Some days are more stressful than others and I may have to take another 0.5mg, but I never go over the dose I was prescribed. I am so glad my doctor gave me this!"

RaeRae53 March 26, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I loved it, when I lost awareness in the Hospital: I was given Ativan. It brought me back to normal. I wish I had some now."

Aracab24 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2015

"Given that I've had issues with addiction, my previous psychiatrist would not prescribe me any benzos and instead prescribed me Vistaril, which I found pretty useless. For someone with acute panic and anxiety issues, benzos really should be the first and last word on the topic. Ativan is great. Because of my addiction history, I am very careful with it and never take it more than prescribed. It is enough to make me feel "evened out" during the day without making me loopy, euphoric or sleepy. And at night, it puts me out without giving me a "hangover" the following day like Valium does."

AnxietyDude (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Long story short, I am terrified of medication , the first time I took Ativan I had already got myself all worked up about having to take it that when I did I went into full blown panic attack. It was not because of this med , it was my own doing. The second and third time I took it, it worked well . Allowed me to get through the entire day like myself again. Even took the depression away that I have caused from anxiety . I have only taken it 3 times in the last month since was prescribed it . Since I've read how addicting this can be I have been very careful about taking it only when I really need it."

lenalena (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2014

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I Have only taken my Ativan 3 times in the past month that I have had it. I really try to take it only on the times I can't control my anxiety and can not work because of it. I am so against taking medication including this one but the second and third time I took it I was happy I did. It allows me to function and get through the day feeling good. It really does take the edge off and also calms my heart rate, As it usually is always beating faster throughout the day just from being anxious. Even though I still get paranoid about having to Take this medication when I really need it , I end up being glad I did. It works! I personally have no side effects either from this med."

lena1990 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2014

"I have been taking Ativan for a few days while I wait for Lexapro to kick in. It has been a life saver. It has allowed me to eat and sleep, which has been huge in this fight against anxiety. It really helps mellow me out and take the edge off."

23, Male (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was given a prescription for this 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. It is the one thing I can count on to help slow spiraling thinking. I have never taken it regularly until recently because of some major life stressors. I would normally take 0.5 mg in the morning once in awhile, but now I have been advised by my Dr. To take up to 0.5 mg three times a day as needed while I adjust to Zoloft. I have not needed it more than twice in a day. It sure helps, and so far I have never had any problems stopping taking it."

Skeeter1969 October 19, 2014

"I have a severe Anxiety. It comes and goes. Sometimes I can control or sometimes I can't. Up to now it has been really bad. So my doctor perscribed me Ativan. Just took it this morning. So far It's helping but sometime if my Anxiety gets far to worse and I take the Ativan sometimes it takes a while for it to calm or slows down."

Kimberly Anne Miller September 12, 2014

"Took it for 3 months 2.5 mg and did not help the anxiety, it made it worse. I am tapering down."

tiredofanxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2014

"I was diagnosed with Graves/Hyperthyroidism in Feb 2014, I was given 1 mg of Lorazepam on one of my trips to the ER because of my Hyperthyroidism. This medication is the best in it's class, I also occasionally take propranolol 10mg for heart palpitations, they both work perfect together. Already had RAI 4 weeks ago but am having bouts of hyper till thyroid is completely off. The 0.5 mg doesn't do much but the 1 mg is Excellent."

Magy99 July 2, 2014

"Amazing it works so well."

Slimmmz June 11, 2014

"I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks that happen unexpectedly. I am also taking an SSRI with the Ativan but the Ativan is on an as needed basis and has helped tremendously the tightness in my chest is relieved and the irregular heartbeat slows down, anxiety and panic is a very scary thing to experience and Ativan has helped me get through those tough times, would absolutely recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2014

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Loved it, love it still but no longer allowed prescriptions due to strength & dependency issues. Was taken as needed to treat anxiety and worked relatively quickly, generally would feel better within ten minutes. Took one almost everyday for 8 wks before going on antidepressants and then had to taper off them. Have kept a small amount on me for extremely bad days though."

Soundchain (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 17, 2014

"Best anti-anxiety medicine."

Sill (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Ended years of misery, acid reflux, etc."

Phone cord April 19, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am claustrophobic and required an MRI. The one tablet I took prescribed by my dr. Helped me get through this 1 hr 45 min process. I am grateful."

ANNMARIE F. March 11, 2014

"I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder and take this nightly to sleep. This medication works wonderfully for relieving the physical symptoms of GAD which is what it was intended for. Yes this is addictive and has side effects that can affect memory however I don't think I could live without this medication. Anti-Depressants don't touch my anxiety where as this does."

Flykate1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Ativan has made a tremendous difference in my life as my anxiety was out of control and panic attacks were frequent. I don't find that it makes me tired and I like how the effects are quickly felt. I used to take 1 mg but now only take 0.5mg once a day; twice if I need it. I can skip days the odd time if I am at home and things are peaceful. I was put on Valium and couldn't handle that at all - Ativan was a lifesaver for me!"

1975LRT February 21, 2014

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next