User Reviews for Claritin-D

Learn more about Claritin-D.

Nasal Congestion 11 reviews 567 medications

8.4
Hay Fever 4 reviews 869 medications

6.2
Summary of Claritin-D reviews 15 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Claritin-D

Review by Kickz:

For Nasal Congestion: I use Claritin D for my seasonal allergies. I started again this May, after taking it for a week I have noticed my heartbeats faster than normal (100's now from 60's) and my blood pressure went up from 110's systolic and 70's diastolic to 140's/90's with headaches. So, I was thinking what's going on with me, I started salad and no salt diet for a week now (lost 5 pounds and feels good), increased my cardio to 45-60mins 4 times a week, cut sodium intake but my Blood Pressure stays high. I started reading about Claritin D and BOOM. This is what is causing my blood pressure to rise up! Today, I stopped using it. Sticking to the plain Zyrtec.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 23, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by Jeff E:

For Hay Fever: On its effectiveness, I rate it a 10, because it will completely eradicate all your allergy symptoms. However, the undesirable side effects lower the rating to a 3. It will keep you up ALL NIGHT LONG. It also made me jittery and nervous, as if I'd drank a dozen cups of coffee.

September 29, 2013 12:40 PM

Review by jtbiglin:

For Nasal Congestion: Claritin D did help my nasal congestion, but the side effects I experienced just weren't worth it. It made me nervous, jittery, and with extreme insomnia. I did notice that my nasal congestion improved, but I can't tolerate the side effects.

May 23, 2013 5:57 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nasal Congestion: Great for treating allergy symptoms & nasal congestion that other medication did not helped. However had adverse reaction to the medication after a few days of taking it and was told to stop by my doctor; now back to having to suffer with allergies again.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 4, 2012 2:10 AM

For Nasal Congestion: During the winter I have a lot of trouble breathing because of the dry heaters. Blowing my nose is often not an option. Claritin D clears up the passages and allows me to breathe freely. I feel more alert and experience no side effects. I use the 12-hour pills no more than once a day.

March 1, 2012 3:09 PM

For Nasal Congestion: As an industrial insulation specialist I have spent the last 6 years of my life suffering from chronic sinusitis, constant fatigue, pressure in sinuses and behind my eyes, ear infections, sinus infections, colds in all seasons. After extensive doctor visits and lots and lots of medical bills I finally ran into an amazing doctor in the E.R. My sinuses had taken me on a turn for the worst, constant blurry vision, headaches, sinus pressure and pain, pain in ears, dry throat, disorientation, pain at the base of my skull, and constant fatigue. This doctor turned me on to Claritin D. I have felt like a brand new person ever since. I am loving life again, and living to the fullest. Thank you so much for changing my life Claritin D.

November 13, 2011 3:31 AM

For Nasal Congestion: This medication helped with my congestion however it makes me anxious, gives me a rapid heart beat and insomnia.

September 20, 2011 1:40 AM

Review by nchatt:

For Nasal Congestion: Doctors gave this medicine to me thinking I had allergy. I thought it was cold. I didnot have any runny nose, itchy eyes or anything as mentioned on the label of the box. I took Claritin-D 12 hrs when I felt I got congestion in nasal passage and felt like mucus was passing through the passage between nose and throat all the time and got different side effects all the time. This time I had severe side effects like started feeling feverish, heart was pounding faster, felt extremely weak; then I read about the side effects on this website.

July 22, 2011 2:40 PM

For Nasal Congestion: This medicine is great. I was diagnosed with sinusitis and could not breath at all through my nose. After taking Claritin D what a difference. I could breath again and finally could get a good nights sleep. It does give me dry mouth so I just drink more water.

May 16, 2011 4:03 PM

Review by Texas19612520:

For Hay Fever: I have suffered from sinus, allergies for at least five years. Just recently fluid behind my ear drumt made me dizzy. After five days of taking this no sinus no allergies and no dizziness. Been to ENT, been to allergist and used their high dollar medicines, none really helped. This on the 5th day is the best day I have had in a long long long time. Great medicine just hope it keeps on working. So far no side effects.

March 19, 2011 8:10 PM

Review by labrat1851:

For Nasal Congestion: I have used Claritin-D 24 for 5 years. I used to get sinusitis all the time. It was so bad, I usually missed 2-3 weeks of work per year. I was tested for allergies, but was allergic to nothing they tested for. I used to take it only seasonally, but as soon as I stopped, I would get sick again. Now I take it everyday and am very nervous if the pharmacy runs out. I do experience a few side effects, but have learned to manage them. For instance, I do not take it if I can't take it before 10 a.m. otherwise it causes insomnia. I also have dry-mouth, but have increased my water intake to 8 glasses per day (good for me). I have experienced joint pain in the last few years, but determined it was due to plantar's facitis. It's changed my life.

November 8, 2009 2:52 PM

Review by First time user.:

For Hay Fever: I took this at 7 am to try and fix itchy eyes. So far, 4 hours later, there is still slight itchiness and wateriness. Worse is the side-effects. I feel slightly jittery, yet mentally it feels like I've taken a tranquillizer. I don't feel I'm safe to drive. Basically if you are a first time user of the 24 hour version, don't try it on a day you have to use a car.

September 1, 2009 12:42 PM

For Nasal Congestion: Claritin-D is amazing. It allows me to breathe and work/drive/live at the same time. I actually feel better than normal when I take it. I wake more refreshed and seem to focus better. No negative side effects for me.

July 16, 2009 5:08 AM

For Nasal Congestion: I started having allergies about two years ago during the spring and I never took any medications for it. I have two cats, and during this time of year my eyes get red and "poofy", the back of my throat itches badly, I have phlegm when I cough, and my nose is always congested, itchy and runs at the same time. When I sneeze I have to blow my nose about ten times to get all the mucus out. I started taking Claritin about 3 weeks ago, and immediately I noticed no red and itchy dry eyes and my throat is relaxed but I still had my crazy nasal congestion, itchy and runny nose. About a week ago I bought Claritin-D 24 hour dose, and I am amazed. I am able to breath again - through my nose. I highly recommend this medicine.

April 24, 2009 8:00 PM

Review by StuffyNTexas:

For Hay Fever: Claritin-D is the only thing that helps my husband this time of the year. He takes the 24 hour pills.

September 19, 2008 9:04 PM