User Reviews for Zestril

Learn more about Zestril.

Heart Attack 0 reviews 120 medications

Diabetic Kidney Disease 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zestril reviews 11 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Zestril

Review by my experience (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: I started taking Lisinopril and was fine then one day I got them refilled and for the next week I was so tired I could barely get out of bed. I was told they changed the place where the pharmacy got the meds which probably meant was a different formula because the pills look different. I requested name brand Zestril even though they were more expensive. I felt 100% better! No more generic for me!

April 2, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by dauna (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For High Blood Pressure: Effective in lowing blood pressure, but gave me a terrible dry cough so had to change to another medicine.

August 6, 2013 12:45 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I had extreme reactions to this medication. Dizziness, shaking, nausea, polyuria, headaches, severe sweating, lethargy. It didn't work for me.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2012 10:21 AM

Review by Internet Space Cadet:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been taking it for 12 years. It was the second ever BP medicine I was ever put on since my diagnosis in 2000. I really have been lucky with this. No cough for me, and when you read the long term side effects, they aren't anywhere near as scary as most everything else you can take. And the interactions are all minimal and favorable for me. My High BP is a mystery as it does not run on either side of my family. Still taking it but had to up the dosage to 40 mg/day due to extreme unavoidable stress in my life.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2012 11:20 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Husband had been taking between 20 and 40 mg/day for 7 years, been fine. Dad had been taking even longer and got the facial angioedema. Have seen other patients with it too. Late effect allergy to ACE inhibitors.

May 30, 2011 12:45 AM

Review by vtech10:

For High Blood Pressure: Got lip angioedema and anaphylaxis because of this mediation. Symptoms still exist.

May 9, 2010 12:34 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I used this medication for years. It was comfortable to use, with few side effects. Finally, after years of use, I developed a cough and had to discontinue. I've been unable to find another medication that is as comfortable and effective as this one.

January 11, 2010 2:05 PM

Review by Mannalal:

For High Blood Pressure: Doctor prescribed 5mg daily when BP was 150/100, wow 24Hrs. after first dose it was 130/84, continued for fifteen days, the BP came down to 100/70 and I did not feel any difficulty, doctor reduced the dose to 2.5mg daily, BP was unstable at 90/70 to 100/70 reduced the dose to 1.25mg, still it was 100/70. Doctor stopped medication, BP gradually increased again now it is stable at 130/90 without any medication, with 2km brisk walk daily. I am 47, my father 79 120/85, mother 120/80. No history of heart failure in family.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2009 8:46 AM

For High Blood Pressure: I have been on Zestril (originally 10 mg and since reduced to 5mg) for the past 8 years and my pressure had stabilised all these years. In the last 3 years, I started having some chronic dry irritating coughs; and this year have been having problems with erection and libido. Zestril is the only medicine I take.

June 29, 2009 8:20 AM

For High Blood Pressure: This blood pressure medication gave me intestinal cramps and diarrhea. I could only endure these side effects for 2 weeks before I had to discontinue it.

May 29, 2009 4:48 PM

Review by RCinNYC:

For High Blood Pressure: Have been taking Zestril for many years, starting with 20 mg, and last year the doctor increased to 40 mg. Have had no noticeable side effects, and it controlled my pressure for many years prior to last year. I am 75 years old now, so I suppose it is normal to need an increased dosage. The doctor also added Cardizen CD last year, as I had an episode of rapid heartbeat (over 200bpm) while in his office, and he sent me to the ER. Since taking Cardizem CD for more than a year, I have had no repeat episodes. No noticeable side effects either.

May 3, 2009 1:56 PM