User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Lisinopril review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Migraine Prevention.

Reviews for Lisinopril to treat Migraine Prevention

Review by Always smiling: User Rating:

lisinopril: All I can say is my doctor prescribed it because a few of his patients with high blood pressure reported their migraines had disappeared when they started lisinopril . I only had slightly elevated blood pressure which is also gone. It has been two years headache free. No side effects. I take 2.5 MG. 1 x day.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 27, 2014 9:57 AM
Review by PLP (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

lisinopril: Lisinopril has been a complete answer to prayer for me. I have had migraine headaches from childhood which have only increased in frequency and severity with age. (Violently ill & lasting 3 days) My doctors have tried every type of medication with very minimal results. In questioning 3 family members who are on Blood Pressure medicines, (all of whom have ceased having migraines), I found they are all on an ACE Inhibitor. I requested a trial of Lisinopril even though my blood pressure is normal. My doctor agreed to a 5mg/day trial, although she admitted she would have never thought to try this but for my research. Six months later, had no migraines. Only a few "chinook" (weather-related) mild headaches, easily treated with Tylenol or Advil. So Thankful!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 27, 2014 12:02 PM
Review by gary1946 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

lisinopril: Take for blood pressure and had weekly migraine aura. Only not good when driving, no migraines for 7 months now.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 28, 2013 11:50 PM
Review by katherineD: User Rating:

lisinopril: I have high blood pressure. So doctor prescribed me Lisinopril -hydrochlorothiazide, after three months, I suddenly realize that where is my migraine? I am so happy. I check with my doctor, she didn't link the connect either.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 7, 2013 3:50 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril: I suffered with weekly migraines for 30 years. I took 10 mg daily for slightly elevated blood pressure with no knowledge of migraine effects. After 3 months without a migraine I investigated lisinoprils effects on migraines and shared with my doctor, who did not know of the connection. Now 3 years later, my migraines are all but gone!

November 29, 2011 12:14 AM
Review by VAXE:

lisinopril: Doctor put me on 10 MG for high blood pressure and my horrible nightly migraines that I have had for 20 years stopped immediately! I could not believe it. The doctor didn't mention this possibility, only the cough, which I have a touch of and will put up with. I just googled the drug and found the migraine effect on my own after 2 days of no headache. It has only been 10 days so I am keeping my fingers crossed, but so far I am stunned! I have Zomig for the migraines but it was usually an hour or so process in the middle of the night to get it to kick in. I cannot believe how much more rested I feel, not having to be up in pain every night. Sure hope it is effective on my blood pressure too.

December 19, 2009 9:48 PM
Review by sjohns09: User Rating:

Prinivil (lisinopril): The Doctor gave me 10 MG Lisinopril for high blood pressure - I never had a headache for over a month. it was great but I developed a bad cough so he took me off. I miss not having the headaches. I think I was taking to high a dose. I'd like to try a smaller mg.

October 6, 2009 4:18 PM