User Reviews for Levofloxacin

Also known as: Levaquin, Levaquin Leva-Pak

Learn more about Levofloxacin.

Levofloxacin Review Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Streptococcal Infection.

Reviews for Levofloxacin to treat Streptococcal Infection

"I came up positive on rapid streph test first time taking this medicine 7 day 500 mg. It's day 1 throat is still swollen and can barely swallow no change yet. Insomnia I'm so tired and I can't sleep my heart is racing. I hope this doesn't happen to you."

Joey4321 June 6, 2015

"I usually get strep throat about twice in the winter, first time being on this antibiotic and within hours I noticed the pain dwindling away. Please drink plenty of water as advised. Didnt drink enough water on the second day and had a major headache, dizziness, and nausea, I started pounding waters and it eventually passed. When it kicks in, it did make me Nervous but it subsided after about 10 minutes!"

Michelle K December 27, 2013

Levaquin (levofloxacin): "Had Strep Infection. Took ZPACK for 5 days, no change, actually worsening symptoms. 24 hours after first Levaquin - Noticeable Improvement, 48 hours pain gone. Very Powerful."

Anonymous May 28, 2011

Levaquin (levofloxacin): "Not allergic to anything. On Day 15 round of antibiotics in February so needed something stronger to wipe out this Diphtheria and Strep throat. Could barely swallow yesterday. Took a pill yesterday, went to bed, woke up with a headache that was manageable along with some dizziness that is getting better. Little bit of pain in joints and some very soft stool this morning but I was thankful for that. I already can swallow today without much pain and feel about 20% better so it must be working at a fast rate. I am thankful, Only taking it for 7 days, 500MG"

katph062000 April 2, 2010

Levaquin (levofloxacin): "Had an on again, off again strep virus for the last year. 24 hours later after taking Levaquin and I can tell a difference. Obviously a powerful medicine. If you are an experienced sinus/throat person and you've tried all of the over the counter medicine, alternative and weaker antibiotic version give this one a try. There are risks to taking this medicine. If you are not to sensitive, do it! This seems to be the only one with any effect that I tried."

Anonymous September 20, 2009

Levaquin (levofloxacin): "Had a secondary staph infection from an athlete's foot problem. Went to ER, gave me some antibiotics (forgot the name). Five days passed and no relief; saw a dermatologist and he put me on the Levaquin. First night was like World War III in my foot. Almost ran back to the ER, but you could feel this medicine working. Two days on the pill and swelling and redness subsided significantly. Third day, I could walk again and zero pain from the infection. This medicine works. Now, I'll admit that I've had sore Achilles tendons and I could feel the medicine working its way up into my knees. However, considering the pain I was in, I am okay with the trade off. Very expensive medicine - but works!"

Anonymous September 4, 2009

Levaquin (levofloxacin): "Few months back I had combined attack of Flu and bad strep throat. Could not eat or speak. 102-103 fever every 5-6 hours. Doctor gave me Zithromax (Azithromycin) 500 mg two times/day. After 4 days fever came under control but blood spots in my coughing would not go away. Finally Doctor gave Levaquin (1 capsule/day). With 1st dose, pain was reduced by 80%. With 2nd dose blood spots were gone, fever gone and no pain. By 3rd dose, I was like nothing happened. Excellent drug. Must finish 10 capsule course."

nirvina787 May 29, 2008