User Reviews for Lupron Depot-PED

Learn more about Lupron Depot-PED.

Precocious Puberty 9 reviews 15 medications

7.1
Summary of Lupron Depot-PED reviews 9 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Lupron Depot-PED

Review by Jazzy Mother (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Precocious Puberty: My 8 yr old daughter had signs of CPP; breast buds, armpit odor, excessive height. After seeing the specialist and getting test the ultrasound said she developed 5 cyst on her ovaries. The hand x-ray said she had a bone age of 10. She started the monthly Lupron shot. She is now 10 and she has no cyst on her ovaries now. Yet her bone age shows 12. Her breast buds are completely gone. She never gained any excess weight. No night sweats. We plan to stop the shot right after her 11th birthday.

December 1, 2012 8:53 PM

Review by Nisha22:

For Precocious Puberty: I was diagnosed with CPP at the age of 7 and began the course of Lupron shots monthly and would go every six months for check-ups. I did get my period one time when I was 8 years old while still on the shot. I must have started treatment too late because I never reached my full adult height. Now, at the age of 22, I am right under 5 ft. (4'11). It caused a lot of weight gain as well.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2012 3:15 PM

Review by DanteGT:

For Precocious Puberty: My daughter is 7yrs old now but about ago 11 months we (my wife and I) have noticed some abnormal symptoms in my daughter; hips growing, waist, armpits smells. We visited 1 endocrinologist and she recommends use to use Lupron, I hope this works well with no side effects.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2011 12:49 PM

For Precocious Puberty: I was diagnosed with precocious puberty when I was 8 and started getting a lupron shot once a month. It stopped all signs of puberty except the mood swings which often worsened in the week before I got a shot. After 3 years I was taken off the medicine and started puberty normally. I had continued to grow taller throughout that time and am now 5'1", my grandmother and cousin both had precocious puberty as well and neither were treated, they both stopped growing around age nine and neither reached five feet.

April 10, 2010 8:00 PM

Review by Grecia:

For Precocious Puberty: My daughter was diagnosed with CPP at 2 years old, the pubic hair and breast development disappeared by changing to an all organic diet even before starting the treatment. She still has mood swings and her height has improved with the lupron, but the doctor still can't give me a cause or hope of when we'll stop the vaccine.

July 4, 2009 5:27 PM

Review by CiaraMM:

For Precocious Puberty: I have extreme mixed feelings about this drug. At the age of 5, I was diagnosed with Precocious Puberty. My endocrinologist suggested I start Lupron, and I did. It did exactly what it was supposed to do.. I quit growing taller, and stopped puberty-like symptoms. One problem- I did not grow taller, but I was still eating. I gained a lot of weight, but the doctors promised that once I quit the shots everything would even out. I quit the shots after 7 years of treatment, and it did not "even out". The weight gain caused Insulin Resistance, which also played with my hormones, and led to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

June 26, 2009 1:46 AM

Review by cvhuntaylor:

For Precocious Puberty: My daughter than 3 1/2 now 6 1/2 started the Lupron 7.25mg every 3 weeks. She did have a small side effect of hot flashes and eating ups and downs. This medication did take awhile for her blood estogen levels to even out but the medication worked as it should have. We hope to stop the Lupron if all goes well. If not we still have another 5 years or so of the shots.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2009 1:04 AM

For Precocious Puberty: My 8 year old daughter has been diagnosed with precocious puberty. While being proactive about the whole issue of stunted growth and and early menses etc., We (my husband and I) were in the process of setting up an appointment to have her initial injection of the drug, lupron depot-PED and guess what?...she started her first menstrual cycle. We still went ahead with the treatment as planned. We are three treatments into the whole plan and things are going well but there is a side effect that has lingered hot flushes that are still waking her up during the night.

August 15, 2008 1:32 PM

For Precocious Puberty: As a child I encountered precocious puberty, at the age of 8. My pediatrician then referred me to my endocrinologist. She suggested the vaccine to stop my puberty so I could grow, if not I would end up being shorter than 5 feet. Now I'm 5'1 1/2, if it was not for this vaccine I would not even have reached 5 feet. I am thankful for her, and for my parents that put me through this four-year process of daily injections. It was a long ride, but it was worth it at the end.

May 21, 2008 10:00 AM