User Reviews for Lamictal (Page 4)

Learn more about Lamictal.

Schizoaffective Disorder 5 reviews 28 medications

8.8
Bipolar Disorder 285 reviews 33 medications

8.5
Seizure Prevention 35 reviews 32 medications

7.4
Summary of Lamictal reviews 325 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Lamictal

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm on Wellbutrin already and was recently put on Lamictal, it stabilized my moods a bit, but I stopped taking it due to the horrible insomnia and very vivid dreams. Every time I went to bed and managed to sleep I woke up exhausted due to my brain consistently running through the night. I had to stop it, I was tired all the time because of the horrible insomnia."

AntoniaM October 27, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I love Lamictal not only does it help with stabilizing my moods it has reduced my migraines by 85%. I have bipolar I, rapid cycles, with mixed episodes. With regards to the scare of the rash, I have no problems going from 100mg to 200 or 300 in dosing. I have so side effects at all. I have taken pretty much everything out there but this one has done well for me for 7 years now."

Bipolar I (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 26, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I am 52 year old male and Lamictal was a God send. I was in a bad way for a few years until a new doctor said, "We can fix this" and prescribed Lamictal. Within a week, I was back. I was able to get on top of and manage my depression, anxiety and anger. It was so great to be the person I wanted to be instead of the angry mess I had become. That may sound overly dramatic, but it's true and may speak to some of you."

warrencarp (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 23, 2014

209 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Seeing all the positive reviews its upsetting it didn't work out for me. I started losing my hair very rapidly. My hair is the thinest its ever been in my entire life. So I stopped taking it."

julnyjett (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I sing the praises of Lamictal. I have been on 150mg in the morning for over 7 years along with Seroquel XL 100 mg at night. The combination has changed my life. I could not imagine life without depression and anxiety before I started these medicines. No side effects from either one. I feel fortunate."

royal yak dog (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 21, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I felt it necessary to leave a review because of how well this medication has worked for me. However, I have been quite seriously bipolar (with panic disorder) for over 30 years. As you can imagine I have been on many medications. About two years ago nearly everything had gone wrong in my life - including being homeless and drinking far too much. I pulled out of that with the help of Seroquel. But I was still having really really bad times. Then I met someone who suggested this medication. Well it was not instant but slowly I started becoming "normal". Normal to me is wonderful. Now I hardly drink.. Why - because I drank to cure myself.. I actually wake up and look forward to the day. I feel young again!"

Wizi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2014

195 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Duration 3 years I am 23. This medication changed my life and I am not exactly sure why I take it because I feel "normal" I wasn't bipolar however I was just flat out raging deeply depressed would stay up all night. I did crazy things. I also had horrible life threatening anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder and sitting still. I almost stopped taking it when I finally went to a DR because I couldn't go to college anymore because I was a complete wreck all the time. Every tiny little thing threw me into anger and depression and jealousy. Medication made me sick in beginning but the Dr told me to keep taking it which this is how these medicines work. After around 3 months. I was NOT depressed EVER, slight mood but I'm OCD and moody in general! Anti-depressant did not work."

Missme2314 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2014

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I've gone from 25, 50,75,100 and been on 200mg a day for 4 weeks now. I've been on lithium, Seroquel, Seroquel XR and could not handle the side effects of all. Lamictal has been magic. I can feel the change completely, I just feel like everything is a little 'slower' and that I'm not racing all the time. Bipolar 2. Best medication I have been on by far and can honestly say that this is one I plan to stick to. The side effects were small but there, dizziness when standing, headache and a little nausea for the first 6 weeks on and off but nothing compared to the emotions of bipolar."

tigerliyl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2014

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Lamictal for almost 3 years now. I find that it keeps my moods stable and doesn't have the side effects I experienced on other medications. I was able to continue taking it while pregnant and breastfeeding."

carnivalofsouls (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 7, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "After being diagnosed as bipolar from an exceptional great doctor he spent almost 2 years trying different medications and combinations he found Lamictal worked for me. I am on a once a day dose 100mg and went from severe to working full time and enjoying life again. The worst part was losing my family as they don't understand it. It begins with a good doctor and being true to yourself to know what works."

stevie c August 24, 2014

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Worked wonders! Went off Depakote ER, lost the 50 lbs, went on Lamictal, also take 20 mg of Lexapro for depressive moods. Feel great!"

debbbiiieee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "Bipolar 2(now 65) with years of trying every mood disorder medicine around until Lamotrigine was recommended for Bipolar 2. Felt back in my 'own' skin again after 20 years of 'enduring' life. On 200mg twice daily takes a while to adjust dose so please be patient..it gave me back my life!"

Tanasio July 23, 2014

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm 54 yrs old now & I've struggled most my life with severe depression and anxiety. Many issues in my life would be intense and just make me be so upset. Taking this Lamictal now for 2 months at 200mg. Has so much stabilized my mood. I've been so much more settle and handling situations more calmly . A Great medicine. "

Anonymous June 27, 2014

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Lamictal for 4 years now it has helped me to manage my symptoms even though I have had to have a few adjustments to the medicines recently. With the increase so far I haven't had any episodes."

Twahlstrand (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 3, 2014

For Seizure Prevention "I have been on this medication for little under a year. I will say that I have not had a seizure since I've started taking the medication. Unfortunately there are a lot of side effects with this medication, dizziness, vision problems and headaches. I think my dosage may be too high but my neurologist refuses to lower it because of its outcome thus far. I have tried to learn to deal with the side effects. I do not think that they will ever go away but I guess I can just be happy being seizure free. I was on Trileptal before and was having seizures every time I was stressed about something. Overall, the medication has given me back control!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "Diag: Bipolar 2 with predominant depression, plus panic disorder. I have been taking a very low starter dose (25mg) of Lamictal for about 3 weeks. I'm due to up the dose to 50mg now. Aside from my anti-panic emergency medicine and proprananol for blood pressure, I've never "upped" a dose of anything. I typically give up on a medicine for one reason or another (not effective, negative side effects, complicated dosing, cost, etc). Lamictal is a prescription that I intend to up my dose to 50mg though, and will do so gladly. People have commented on a more calm & "mellow" mood, a greater tolerance to stress and irritations, and being more pleasant to others. I'm on a slightly more even keel now & look forward to seeing what's next with increased dose"

Glamdoll (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "Started this medicine slowly 25 mg a day for two weeks, then went up to 50mg for 2 weeks. Still did not feel much better, went up too 100mg a day for 4 days feeling lethargic, the fifth day on it starting feeling a little better. But, I started getting itchy all over and started a very small rash on my side near my butt, My doc told me to stop it, cut the dose in half last night and then stop. He put me on Tegretol today, taking my first dose at dinner."

hopefulTony (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I wasn't on this long enough to see anything positive, because it made me lethargic, gave me headaches, body aches, and completely sunk my libido. Two other people I know who went on Lamictal around same time as me also had their libidos die."

insanelyquierd (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on and off this medication for nearly 10 years and it has been generally helpful most of the time. It takes a long time to titrate up, and the there is a very specific dose that is different for everybody, but once you get it right, the medication is remarkably helpful. In my experience, it all but eradicates Bipolar Depression and it reduces the severity of Bipolar Mania. Don't worry so much about the rash if you're a hypochondriac like me. "The Rash" most likely would only be limited to mucus membranes around the eyes, nose, mouth and genitals. One thing I should add: over time, the medications seems to lose effectiveness and if you frequently discontinue, this effect is exacerbated. Eventually I had to add lithium."

brenndo (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 8, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on so many medicines, hoping from doctor to doctor until I found a neuropsychiatrist who took me off all that gunk and had me try Lamictal. While I am not cured, I most certainly am far more functional with my highs and lows being far less extreme. I also take Prozac to make sure that Lamictal alone won't make me hypomanic. I become that way if on Lamictal alone. I have been on these two medicines for many years. This is the first time ever anything has worked, worked reasonably well and this long!"

Beautiful_Jewelia April 5, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Great medicine for cyclothymia/rapid cycling ever and I mean ever-been on 175mg per day 1x for 5 years-literally saved my life. Also if you're prescribed this absolutely have your pharmacist fill with brand only."

tenover March 26, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on Lamictal about 8 months ago. This medicine will not let my thoughts spiral down even if I wanted them too."

Zenimia10 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Lamictal/lamotrigine for over 10 years now to help treat my bipolar 2. I think the fact that 10+ years later and after trying other meds during my hard times I always come back to this one. Life does have ways of kicking me and those times are when other meds have been added or tried, but I always end up on Lamictal regardless."

Ann1975 (taken for 10 years or more) March 13, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I have since I was very young displayed what I know now as Type I Bipolor disorder. Probably one of the worst feeling in the world is to have emotions ebb in and out like tall crashing waves. Then the sun comes out and the water is calm. Then a couple days later here comes the storm. It is the worst feeling to think there is nothing that will help. I felt that way.....time after time different meds. Abilify to be one exact example led me to have Hypothyroidism. A condition I have to have meds for the rest of my life. I have after trying many different meds for depression to find only one medicine I would suggest and that is Lamictal. If you are compatible with this medication it will help the mood swings a great deal."

soulshine95 March 8, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "This is the first medicine that has helped my 14 year old daughter. She has tried Prozac, zoloft, vyvanse, pristiq and some help from Wellbutrin. She has not been accurately diagnosed. Many different professionals have suggested dysthymia, anxiety, ADHD, borderline personality disorder, MDD and bipolar II. She has been hospitalized 3 times. The last time she got out of the hospital, I asked if we could try a mood stabilizer. Lamictal was the doctors first choice. We slowly titrated up to 200 (it took 3 months), but it was well worth the wait. No side affects. No more roller coaster rides. Most importantly, my daughter has an understanding of what can trigger her moods and has the clarity to learn more about herself."

Mom off the roller coaster February 17, 2014

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next