User Reviews for Rebif

Learn more about Rebif.

Rebif Review Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.

Reviews for Rebif to treat Multiple Sclerosis

"I am 21 years old and was diagnosed with MS in 2009. I began Rebif 44mcg March 2015 and unfortunately I have experienced most, if not all of the side effects: fevers, flu, chills, numbness, joint pains, headaches, bruising, nausea, vision issues, bladder issues, etc. I am hoping this drug is for me because I really don't want to have to start over with another one. The injections started off with severe pains, so much so that I am unable to walk after an injection for the rest of the day. But as time past, it is evident that my worse days have gotten better. No relapses so far. I'm hoping these side effects don't stay..."

JustFunSized June 10, 2015

"I have been on Rebif 44mg for 3 years now ever since I was diagnosed. I do my The injections at bed time with a little bit of ibuprofen. I have no family history of MS in my family. When I was diagnosed I was in denial, disbelief and very angry. Why me?!! I have so much left I want to do... The side effects I experienced are fever, chills, flu like, and next day dizziness were severe for the first year but no more attacks. Now I experience general fatigue the day after the shot until about noon. I wake up feeling very hot sometimes. Good news is since being on rebif only one new lesion that was stopped with steroids. And come to terms with why me to what am I suppose to learn from this. You can live with this and live well."

DREW112 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2015

"I was diagnosed in Nov 2006. Avonex did not work, so early in 2007 I started on Rebif. 6 years no relapses. I would get very bad headaches on the 2 day stretch with no Rebif. I made the mistake of stopping my Rebif for about 6 months and I had a relapse. Face is numb and legs and feet tingly. I regret stopping for the 6 months. I should have called MSlifelines and figured out how to manage the headaches. Regardless, I am back on Rebif and will gladly stuffer a headache if I don't suffer any more relapses. If the goings good..don't quit!"

hstanley88 July 25, 2013

"I am a 31 male, 200lbs,and was diagnosed with RR Multiple Sclerosis Feb. 2012, after losing sight in one eye, and some steroid treatment my vision returned however, the color is still a little off. My Neurologist put me on Rebif immediately. Since I have been on Rebif I have not experienced any major relapses. Just some tremors now and then and other minor symptoms that just maybe permanent nerve damage. I take the 44mcg dose at bedtime with 400mg of ibuprofen, it seems to help me sleep through the night. I do get headaches often but the ibuprofen seems to help (not eliminate them). I also get flu symptoms sometimes the day after I take a shot but not always. My liver enzymes are slightly elevated but, nothing to worry about. Thank you Rebif."

MarkMark July 9, 2013

"Diagnosed in 1999 and was placed on Rebif since 2004. Never had any other meds. Overall Rebif was good for me, I had 3 years with a minor relapse in each year (but did steroid treatment to resolve) and then I had no relapses, I must admit that I would skip at least 2 times a year and give myself a Rebif holiday- a week of not taking Rebif, (I don't recommend this!) I would always let me doctor know. Despite my success, I stopped in 10/2012 because Rebif never let me feel like myself and I was ALWAYS tired and sluggish. Unfortunately, in 3/2013 I had a terrible relapse that landed me in the hospital for a few days. My neuro said it was aggressive and wants me on Tysabri now. "

ASYL (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 3, 2013

"I have had multiple sclerosis since 07/2007. On 05/2012 I have had a relapse. I have been on Rebif since 07/2007, it's awful to have this relapse, my right arm is still not 100% back. Rebif is a good medicine though, I have minimal to no side effects, I do get severe hot flashes during the times I do get to sleep...leaving me to have to constantly change my shirt every 2 hours. Regardless I'm kind of upset that I went through a relapse within 5 years of be being diagnosed."

M r (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2012

"First off, I was diagnosed with MS about a year ago, after having many relapses in a 6 month period. I was put on Rebif and after that I have not seen one more problem. It has given me a wonderful peace of mind. Second, I know there is a long list of side effects, however, I have not had one, So I take my shot anytime during the day. Third, my insurance is through Pfizer, which is the co-producer of this drug, so therefore I dont pay a penny out of pocket for this drug. Honestly, thank God for this remarkable drug!"

Anonymous February 14, 2012

"EXTREMELY blessed to have insurance coverage for this medicine. I have Multiple Sclerosis and am 29 years old. I have been sick for about 3 years now, which was about 6 months after the birth of my first and only child. My prior conditions are mostly autoimmune, ranging from Cardiomyopathy to Crohn's Disease. My disabilities from Multiple Sclerosis include right leg/foot drop or weakness, numbness, urinary issues, balance issues, SEVERE nerve pain, etc. I have been on Rebif for a month and have titrated up to the highest level of 44mcg. I have extreme fatigue, bruising at injection site, and flu like symptoms, but I have noticed the longer I have been on it, the better my worst days are. So I am praying this will work."

Tucsonbody04 January 24, 2012

"I was diagnosed with MS in 07/2009 and started this medication in 11/2009. I was titrated up to 22 mg and then titrated up to the 44mg within 4 months of starting medicines. I got an emergency phone call from the Neuro. office after routine blood work came back telling me to immediately move back down to 22mg dose. I had elevated liver enzymes for an entire year on this medication. Finally the levels dropped to normal range. Four months after the liver enzymes normalized I stopped having the flu like symptoms (Fever, headache, general unwell feeling). I take a Naproxen about an hour before each shot. I still get site reactions and some bruising at injection site (and burning when medicine is going in). I use the RebiSmart Injector."

hwat February 21, 2011

"I have been taking Rebif - I see an improvement in my work and in my attitude and everyday interactions with friends and family. Making me feel a lot better."

silly willy69 January 27, 2011

"I have been diagnosed with MS since April '09. I was first given Copaxone but that medication failed for me. My Doctor then decided to put me on Rebif and there was only time that I had forgotten to take Aspirin before taking the shot and that time I felt really bad the next day... other than that one time, the only other problem that I dislike about taking Rebif is the concept of giving myself a shot but the good part about Rebif is that it has kept me in remission for roughly a year now. "

squirt007 December 8, 2010

"I was diagnosed with MS almost a year and half ago. I was on Avonex, but symptoms seems to worsen, so my Doctor switched me to Rebif. I wish I had taken this medication from the beginning! I love love love this injection! I have been on Rebif for almost a month now and can already tell a difference. I have not had any symptoms in 4 days! Which is really good for me, because I always have symptoms everyday. I recommend this to everyone! I have had no side effects, but headache. Its been great for me. No injection irritations at all."

Anonymous October 1, 2010

"I have been on Rebif for a little over 8 years. I still get fever/chills sometimes during the nights I have a shot. This medication has been a life saver for me. I have had no relapses since I began."

Anonymous September 23, 2010

"I have taken Rebif; it has worked so well and I have had so few side effects that there's been no reason to try out the other disease modifiers. When on a consistent dosage schedule, I never experienced a relapse. The needle is really small. I rarely use my injector anymore - just stab and go. I take it at night to sleep through any effects. I was warned very seriously about the possible side effects, but the worst that I ever have is a slight fever the morning after an injection, and/or the beginnings of a headache that I nip in the bud with migraine medicine."

Anonymous May 17, 2009

"I have had no relapses since I have been on Rebif. I did not experience the sick feeling, Thank God. I do not like the sting, which can vary from none to a bee sting feeling. Also the mark that it leaves. I use my butt so they can not be seen."

Anonymous September 5, 2008

"Rebif has worked better than Avonex for me. Still get some of the flu-like symptoms."

mzlupak May 5, 2008