User Reviews for Rebif

7.9
Summary of Rebif reviews 14 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Rebif

Review by hstanley88:

For Multiple Sclerosis: I was diagnosed in Nov 2006. Avonex did not work, so early in 2007 I started on Rebif. 6 years no relapses. I would get very bad headaches on the 2 day stretch with no Rebif. I made the mistake of stopping my Rebif for about 6 months and I had a relapse. Face is numb and legs and feet tingly. I regret stopping for the 6 months. I should have called MSlifelines and figured out how to manage the headaches. Regardless, I am back on Rebif and will gladly stuffer a headache if I don't suffer any more relapses. If the goings good..don't quit!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2013 6:08 PM

Review by MarkMark:

For Multiple Sclerosis: I am a 31 male, 200lbs,and was diagnosed with RR Multiple Sclerosis Feb. 2012, after losing sight in one eye, and some steroid treatment my vision returned however, the color is still a little off. My Neurologist put me on Rebif immediately. Since I have been on Rebif I have not experienced any major relapses. Just some tremors now and then and other minor symptoms that just maybe permanent nerve damage. I take the 44mcg dose at bedtime with 400mg of ibuprofen, it seems to help me sleep through the night. I do get headaches often but the ibuprofen seems to help (not eliminate them). I also get flu symptoms sometimes the day after I take a shot but not always. My liver enzymes are slightly elevated but, nothing to worry about. Thank you Rebif.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2013 6:17 PM

Review by ASYL (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Multiple Sclerosis: Diagnosed in 1999 and was placed on Rebif since 2004. Never had any other meds. Overall Rebif was good for me, I had 3 years with a minor relapse in each year (but did steroid treatment to resolve) and then I had no relapses, I must admit that I would skip at least 2 times a year and give myself a Rebif holiday- a week of not taking Rebif, (I don't recommend this!) I would always let me doctor know. Despite my success, I stopped in 10/2012 because Rebif never let me feel like myself and I was ALWAYS tired and sluggish. Unfortunately, in 3/2013 I had a terrible relapse that landed me in the hospital for a few days. My neuro said it was aggressive and wants me on Tysabri now.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2013 8:02 PM

Review by M r (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Multiple Sclerosis: I have had multiple sclerosis since 07/2007. On 05/2012 I have had a relapse. I have been on Rebif since 07/2007, it's awful to have this relapse, my right arm is still not 100% back. Rebif is a good medicine though, I have minimal to no side effects, I do get severe hot flashes during the times I do get to sleep...leaving me to have to constantly change my shirt every 2 hours. Regardless I'm kind of upset that I went through a relapse within 5 years of be being diagnosed.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2012 2:26 PM

For Multiple Sclerosis: First off, I was diagnosed with MS about a year ago, after having many relapses in a 6 month period. I was put on Rebif and after that I have not seen one more problem. It has given me a wonderful peace of mind. Second, I know there is a long list of side effects, however, I have not had one, So I take my shot anytime during the day. Third, my insurance is through Pfizer, which is the co-producer of this drug, so therefore I dont pay a penny out of pocket for this drug. Honestly, thank God for this remarkable drug!

February 14, 2012 2:34 AM

Review by Tucsonbody04:

For Multiple Sclerosis: EXTREMELY blessed to have insurance coverage for this medicine. I have Multiple Sclerosis and am 29 years old. I have been sick for about 3 years now, which was about 6 months after the birth of my first and only child. My prior conditions are mostly autoimmune, ranging from Cardiomyopathy to Crohn's Disease. My disabilities from Multiple Sclerosis include right leg/foot drop or weakness, numbness, urinary issues, balance issues, SEVERE nerve pain, etc. I have been on Rebif for a month and have titrated up to the highest level of 44mcg. I have extreme fatigue, bruising at injection site, and flu like symptoms, but I have noticed the longer I have been on it, the better my worst days are. So I am praying this will work.

January 24, 2012 7:30 PM

Review by hwat:

For Multiple Sclerosis: I was diagnosed with MS in 07/2009 and started this medication in 11/2009. I was titrated up to 22 mg and then titrated up to the 44mg within 4 months of starting medicines. I got an emergency phone call from the Neuro. office after routine blood work came back telling me to immediately move back down to 22mg dose. I had elevated liver enzymes for an entire year on this medication. Finally the levels dropped to normal range. Four months after the liver enzymes normalized I stopped having the flu like symptoms (Fever, headache, general unwell feeling). I take a Naproxen about an hour before each shot. I still get site reactions and some bruising at injection site (and burning when medicine is going in). I use the RebiSmart Injector.

February 21, 2011 6:46 PM

Review by silly willy69:

For Multiple Sclerosis: I have been taking Rebif - I see an improvement in my work and in my attitude and everyday interactions with friends and family. Making me feel a lot better.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2011 9:41 PM

Review by squirt007:

For Multiple Sclerosis: I have been diagnosed with MS since April '09. I was first given Copaxone but that medication failed for me. My Doctor then decided to put me on Rebif and there was only time that I had forgotten to take Aspirin before taking the shot and that time I felt really bad the next day... other than that one time, the only other problem that I dislike about taking Rebif is the concept of giving myself a shot but the good part about Rebif is that it has kept me in remission for roughly a year now.

December 8, 2010 11:13 PM

For Multiple Sclerosis: I was diagnosed with MS almost a year and half ago. I was on Avonex, but symptoms seems to worsen, so my Doctor switched me to Rebif. I wish I had taken this medication from the beginning! I love love love this injection! I have been on Rebif for almost a month now and can already tell a difference. I have not had any symptoms in 4 days! Which is really good for me, because I always have symptoms everyday. I recommend this to everyone! I have had no side effects, but headache. Its been great for me. No injection irritations at all.

October 1, 2010 10:28 PM

For Multiple Sclerosis: I have been on Rebif for a little over 8 years. I still get fever/chills sometimes during the nights I have a shot. This medication has been a life saver for me. I have had no relapses since I began.

September 23, 2010 11:53 AM

For Multiple Sclerosis: I have taken Rebif; it has worked so well and I have had so few side effects that there's been no reason to try out the other disease modifiers. When on a consistent dosage schedule, I never experienced a relapse. The needle is really small. I rarely use my injector anymore - just stab and go. I take it at night to sleep through any effects. I was warned very seriously about the possible side effects, but the worst that I ever have is a slight fever the morning after an injection, and/or the beginnings of a headache that I nip in the bud with migraine medicine.

May 17, 2009 10:29 AM

For Multiple Sclerosis: I have had no relapses since I have been on Rebif. I did not experience the sick feeling, Thank God. I do not like the sting, which can vary from none to a bee sting feeling. Also the mark that it leaves. I use my butt so they can not be seen.

September 5, 2008 9:14 PM

Review by mzlupak:

For Multiple Sclerosis: Rebif has worked better than Avonex for me. Still get some of the flu-like symptoms.

May 5, 2008 10:02 AM