User Reviews for Levemir

Learn more about Levemir.

Diabetes, Type 2 12 reviews 134 medications

8.7
Diabetes, Type 1 1 reviews 71 medications

Summary of Levemir reviews 13 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Levemir

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Very bad joint pain and neuropathy after two weeks"

maureen0905 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Levermir caused gas build up."

Catzz April 26, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I went on levemir once I found out that lantus was made by the same company that make abortion pills. The first thing I noticed is that there is no sting. It took a good 3 weeks for it to start working, but once it starts working, it's the best basal you can get. Lantus used to sting so bad it wasn't funny. Now with Levemir, it never ever stings, I don't even feel it going in. I have also lost over 20 lbs while not changing my eating habits since I've been on this. I went on tresiba for a couple weeks last winter, I was the first in the state, I had the most horrible adverse reaction, I had a cold that was the worst cold known in the history of man. But it was not a cold, I went back to levemir and in 48 hours the cold cured"

frank7968 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Before starting Levemir, I was on Janumet, Glipizide, and Invokana. The Invokana triggered a rapid (over a 3 month period) weight loss from 138 pounds down to 115 pounds. I felt miserable. Thirsty, cotton mouth, constant urination, leakage, etc. My glucose went up from around 130 to an average of 240. My doctor took me off Invokana and started me on Levemir. The results were astounding!! Within a week, my fasting glucose was down to 100 and my weight started to increase. After 2 months, my weight is at 131.. All of the dehydration symptoms are gone!! I can't wait to see what A1C level a month from now (3 months on Levemir) I now feel physically and MENTALLY much better."

JamesRC (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've just started using Levemir Flextouch. I only use it at bedtime. Morning. sugars are 278 or higher. I'm up to 60 units so I'm concerned."

1st Time January 13, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Has really helped me control my blood sugars."

LtDan107 June 4, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been using Levemir for about 4 years 20 & 20 units twice a day but lately I had to increase to 20/20/20 & when my sugar goes over 160 I will use fast acting Novolog 10-20 units but now I will be trying Bydureon to see if it helps me control my blood sugar."

romeo524 February 19, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been using Levemir for 3 1/2 weeks. My fasting blood sugar went from 208 to 123 and I have lost 9 lbs. It is very easy to use. Feel better than I have in over a year!"

Dmau49 February 18, 2011

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Insulin is the BEST way to control your blood glucose! "

furretz August 9, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been using Levemir for about 2 years. As stated above I have noticed a need for an increased amount. I started at 16 units and now up to 25. My Endocrinologist placed me on Glucophage, Actos, and Glyburide in the last week. I have noticed that my readings have been consistent throughout the day but sometimes runs as low as 74. May have to adjust the amount of insulin. Doctor said it may take a few months for the Actos to kick in. If you don't have an endocrinologist and you are diabetic you need to get one."

Anonymous August 6, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been using Levemir for seven years now and find it to be a very user friendly, but as commented above I have found that a steady increase in dosage is needed to keep the effectiveness of the medicine."

Anonymous July 24, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Levemir for approximately 2 years and have found it be quite effective. However, I've also noticed that over time the dosage has had to steadily increase in order to achieve optimum blood glucose levels."

Bono June 16, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Since I've been using Levermir, I found it to be very rewarding to my cause."

type2 April 21, 2009