User Reviews for Remicade

Learn more about Remicade.

Remicade review summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease, Acute.

Reviews for Remicade to treat Crohn's Disease, Acute

Review by KDCrohn's:

I'm a 19 year old female with severe Crohn's disease. I began Remicade 4 months ago following a severe flareup that landed me in the hospital, and it has been a miracle. I did have one hospitalization 4 weeks ago, but I think I would have had many more without this. I will admit that the infusions are long and expensive, and the fact that it's an IV (I hate needles). With that being said, Remicade works! In late August, I had 30cm of disease and a fistula. As of late January, I was down to less than 9cm and my fistula is gone! Without Remicade, I would have had more hospital visits and would probably have needed surgery. I am adding Imuran to supplement the Remicade, so we'll see how that goes.

February 23, 2013 9:13 PM

I was put on this infusion because Sulfazine was unsuccessful in controlling the Crohns and rheumatoid arthritis. It was reasonably effective for 6 months but I never felt really well and was always achy, and then I had an anaphylactic reaction to it (I was particularly run down at that stage following a flare up). Spent 10 days in hospital and was then put on a weekly dose of Humira - I have not looked back! That was 15 months ago. With Humira I no longer even have rheumatoid arthritis!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2012 10:16 AM

Remicade has been a miracle medicine for me treating acute Crohns disease, rheumatoid arthritis and colitis. The difference in me is night and day. I am so grateful to be on my way to being well again!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2012 12:26 PM

Remicade was positive for me for over 8 years. Would close up my fistulas for up to 7 weeks before next infusion, but after 8 years all my joints and muscles were painful. Diagnosed with drug induced Lupus. Stopped Remicade looking for another way out.

October 10, 2011 4:02 PM

Works well.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 25, 2011 4:55 PM

Review by chrissy13:

I think this is a miracle medicine.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2011 4:34 PM

Review by pwshortcake:

My daughter has been taking Remicade since 2006. She has now built up antibodies to it and it doesn't work anymore. They now are going to try Humira. Hope this works. She has had to have an ileostomy done since the Remicade didn't work for very long in her and now the Crohn's has made it to her stomach. Just because it appears to be working in the beginning of treatment doesn't mean it will last in your body as long as it is suppose to. People please be warned and be cautious.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2010 9:46 AM

Review by bjdixon1966:

It made me ill for 2-3 days after infusion, including headaches and nausea. I was also very sluggish, and more tired. That was hard to accept with the acute chronic fatigue syndrome I already deal with.

September 9, 2009 7:32 AM

Review by rhiannon88:

The medicine was given I.V over a period of 2-4 hours. My problem was the nausea side effect. It was like chemotherapy nausea. They stopped the infusion, but the symptoms continued for a couple of hours. That said, they gave me Zofran 20 minutes before the next try and slowed the infusion to about 1/4 the rate and all went very well (well, minus the 6-8 hours it took to infuse it). The therapy sessions were carried over to outpatient (I was in once every 4 weeks for 4 months then a maintenance schedule for every 8 weeks). It worked GREAT, complete remission, which really hadn't happened for me in 12 years of Acute Crohn's Disease.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate