User Reviews for Indocin

Learn more about Indocin.

Indocin review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Gout, Acute.

Reviews for Indocin to treat Gout, Acute

Review by Renndodo (taken for less than 1 month):

Within 24hrs pain and swelling decreased significantly from 10 to 3 on pain scale. My only side effect was diarrhea.

May 18, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by kloon (taken for less than 1 month):

This is great a couple of hours and the pain was gone.

March 9, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by GL Jenkins (taken for less than 1 month):

Good results for gout within a day or so of treatment. Relieved pain very rapidly, but a bit slower dealing with the swelling.

October 10, 2013 12:25 AM

Review by StevieBloom (taken for less than 1 month):

After 3 days of initial Prednisone 20mg, the 1st day of Indocin I went from 8-2 on the pain scale! I was so grateful! And NO side effects!

May 19, 2013 12:03 AM

Review by 60srocker (taken for less than 1 month):

Naproxen and Ibuprofen helped, but didn't stop my gout attack. Indocin made the attack go away in a day!

September 11, 2012 2:07 PM

Review by rsownbey:

Knocks the pain out within a day or two.

February 15, 2012 2:13 PM

This medicine took the pain away very quickly, but then I had ringing in my ear which was very annoying. I stopped taking because I could not take this side effect.

November 5, 2011 10:15 AM

Review by goutreview:

Indocin or indomethacin in my opinion is very effective in relieving gout symptoms. Taking 25mg at my first opportunity (the point where I convince myself that I did nothing to stub my toe and it is a gout attack) quickly reduces the pain. I have not experienced the stomach pains or paranoia that the previous post talks about. I always take this medicine with food and drink as directed by my physician.

June 21, 2010 5:25 PM

Gives good relief but gives stomach pains side effect and paranoia side effect if taken more than 3 days

December 19, 2009 1:00 AM