User Reviews for Indocin

Learn more about Indocin.

Ankylosing Spondylitis 1 reviews 140 medications

Patent Ductus Arteriosus 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Indocin reviews 21 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Indocin

Review by Renndodo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: Within 24hrs pain and swelling decreased significantly from 10 to 3 on pain scale. My only side effect was diarrhea.

May 18, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by kloon (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: This is great a couple of hours and the pain was gone.

March 9, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by GL Jenkins (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: Good results for gout within a day or so of treatment. Relieved pain very rapidly, but a bit slower dealing with the swelling.

October 10, 2013 12:25 AM

Review by kenE4:

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: Indomethicin ER 75 mg extended release capsules have worked best for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2013 6:55 PM

Review by StevieBloom (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: After 3 days of initial Prednisone 20mg, the 1st day of Indocin I went from 8-2 on the pain scale! I was so grateful! And NO side effects!

May 19, 2013 12:03 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Osteoarthritis: 150 mg per day has left my knees completely pain free! Unfortunately, now my dr. wants me to take less, to avoid doing damage to my stomach.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2012 12:37 PM

Review by 60srocker (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: Naproxen and Ibuprofen helped, but didn't stop my gout attack. Indocin made the attack go away in a day!

September 11, 2012 2:07 PM

Review by rsownbey:

For Gout, Acute: Knocks the pain out within a day or two.

February 15, 2012 2:13 PM

For Frozen Shoulder: It works.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2011 5:02 PM

For Gout, Acute: This medicine took the pain away very quickly, but then I had ringing in my ear which was very annoying. I stopped taking because I could not take this side effect.

November 5, 2011 10:15 AM

Review by Mz.Doodle:

For Pain: I would like to say that I went to the E.R and they couldn't find out why I was having the chest pains also PE (pulmonary embolism) had been ruled out. Every time I took a breath it was so painful they were giving me morphine every hour the pain would not subside, so I went to my primary care physician and he diagnosed me with pleurisy which is a inflammation of the lining of your lungs so he prescribed Indocin for me and after one day I started getting serious relief.

May 4, 2011 12:55 AM

Review by mome1226:

For Back Pain: I have battled with scoliosis for 15 years and have been given all kinds of nsaids to help with the pain..This was the most recent and it has done nothing for the pain I'm experiencing.

February 18, 2011 8:39 AM

For Pain: It did help for pain, but I had to discontinue use due to many side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2011 4:11 PM

For Bursitis: I have been diagnosed with bursitis in my right heal and I got great relief after taking Indocin for about two days. It is not as painful.

November 15, 2010 11:38 AM

Review by Gennysmom:

For Pain: I can not longer use Imitrex or related drugs for migraine pain due to heart issues. In searching for an alternative migraine treatment, my doctor prescribed Indocin. Alone Indocin can't relieve migraine pain, but combined with Midrin, I get relief. I'm in the midst of weekly migraines. They had been reduced with Midrin, but still lasted days. Now, combining the two, I can break the migraine cycle.

September 5, 2010 3:18 PM

Review by goutreview:

For Gout, Acute: Indocin or indomethacin in my opinion is very effective in relieving gout symptoms. Taking 25mg at my first opportunity (the point where I convince myself that I did nothing to stub my toe and it is a gout attack) quickly reduces the pain. I have not experienced the stomach pains or paranoia that the previous post talks about. I always take this medicine with food and drink as directed by my physician.

June 21, 2010 5:25 PM

Review by Amoeba1:

For Sciatica: Indocin is fairly good but I am uncertain of drug reactions.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 29, 2010 7:08 PM

For Gout, Acute: Gives good relief but gives stomach pains side effect and paranoia side effect if taken more than 3 days

December 19, 2009 1:00 AM

Review by FM2:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Before taking Indocin aches and pain are felt throughout my joints. When I take it at night I sleep better and the following day I feel the pain is diminished by 60% or better. I stop taking them after 3 to 4 days and start when the pain gets unbearable.

October 10, 2009 12:55 AM

For Pain: If your stomach can tolerate this it is great for arthritis. I have taken for over 20 years. Everytime I try anything else I end up in pain.

July 26, 2008 4:52 PM

Review by SAJJ:

For Osteoarthritis: I started with 2 x 25 mg capsules a day. After 2 days I really feel my knees are out of pain. I hope the effect will remain after leaving the medicine.

May 29, 2008 6:08 AM