User Reviews for Indomethacin

Also known as: Indocin, Indocin IV, Indocin SR, Tivorbex

Learn more about Indomethacin.

Frozen Shoulder 1 reviews 56 medications

7.1
Sciatica 1 reviews 281 medications

Summary of Indomethacin reviews 104 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Indomethacin

For Gout, Acute: "I unfortunately been having Gout attacks every other week for the past 4 years, I'm on a daily dose of Allopurinol 25mg but when I can feel a Gout attack coming on I pop a Indomethacin 50mg and usually I take 2 pills every 2 hours than it's gone. 2 weeks later same routine. I thank my Doctor every month I see her for her script. "

Big Bad T January 30, 2016

For Pain: "I experience Exertion Headache Syndrome, also known as weight lifter's headache. During heavy lifts I often get a massive, instant, and very painful headache. This med was prescribed to me to be taken on one of two ways: preventative or reactionary. When taken reactionary (after a headache) it works well. Indeed better than anything I've used, other than narcotics of course. When taken before lifting weights as a preventative measure it works great, as I never get a headache. The problem is that sometimes I get so dizzy that I can hardly function. I hope this helps someone that wants to know about this drug, which I have a love/hate relationship with."

Ryan_J January 18, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "41yo male, mild gout for about ten years - I'm lucky! However, have had 4 acute attacks that make wearing shoes and walking very difficult and sleep almost impossible. This drug is incredible - in 10 hours today I've gone from 7/10 pain (where 10/10 was a dislocated and fractured shoulder that wasn't reset for four hours) to 1/10, and it will be mostly gone by the morning. I find that ibuprofen and colchicine barely dent the pain, and 20mg codeine might give me 4 hours of fractured sleep. The only reason that I let this bout last so long (four days) was that I was using the last of my previous script before I went to the doctor, but I found out it was 6 months over expiry, and had lost most of its effect."

Throbbing toe (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 14, 2016

For Pain: "I was given this for pleurisy and got relief from the pain every time I took a breath after about 12 hours. Saved my holiday celebration! I also noticed an almost immediate relief of some severe sciatica pain I had been experiencing for over a week now. The side-effect list is scary but I'll continue the treatment until the pills are gone. I'm liking it just fine for now."

TAStx December 25, 2015

Indocin (indomethacin) for Back Pain: "I have chronic pain from back surgery. Added this med and pain is finally under control. Thank you so much."

K.D. (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I'm 28 years of age, in great shape but unfortunately I inherited gout from my dad! He suffered with gout since the age of about 25...I woke up one day & felt the worse pain of my life! I had a throb & ache in my big toe. I'm a mom who birthed a child naturally and let me tell u.. Gout is 10"

Borabora101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 15, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I'm a 47 year old male that is in very decent shape. i have had gout for about 20 years and most of the attacks usually last about a week. Recently, my gout attack has lasted about 4 weeks. I have been taking cochicine for years, but lately that has not relieved the inflammation or pain. Last week I went to my primary care physican and he gave me indomethacin. It has drastically reduced the swelling and pain. I still have a little pain after a week, but have a slight limp. I am not taking allopurinal. I'm hoping this helps. The attacks are extruciatingly painful where you don't want anything touching your foot. Hopping to go take a pee is a pain. i notice if i get in the shower it seems to help, but putting on shoes can be torture."

Hurtin' Toe (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "It's works fast take it as directed it does not completely cure but gets you to the point where you can manage the pain I had a very severe gout attack could not walk two hous later I was limping two days later I'm walking and limping it should be over soon thank god for this little green pill"

big country6436 October 25, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "First time ever having gout, 47-year-old male in decent shape, don't eat a lot of red meat and barely touch alcohol. Spent three weeks in increasingly excruciating pain. Made the mistake of having a glass of wine one night, which sent me into two 30-45 min pain cycles that my wife said looked like labor -- biting on towels, praying, asking her to tell me stories, anything to get my mind off the pain. Had been on Colchicine, which did nothing except give me stomach cramps and diarrhea. Couldn't take ibuprofen for fear of shredding my stomach even worse. Finally went to a different doc, who prescribed Indomethacin. Miracle drug. Started working within hours. Three days later, can wear shoes & walk almost without limping. Amazing!"

Gotter (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "Have had several bouts of gout and the pain is terrible. I get it in the big and second toe with joint swelling, hot and red. Within 2 hrs of my first dose of indomethacin the pain was almost gone. One 50 mg tablet so far no side effects unlike other drugs I have been prescribed which are very hard on stomach and cause diarrhea. I will have to see what happens after a few more doses"

Richiee October 19, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "What I do is when I feel an gout attack coming on I will take the indomethacin 2 pills and a third the next day. I use them only in an acute attack and a script last me years. The key is when you get an attack you drink lots of water. I mean so much water that you are getting up to go pee every 5 min what you are doing is flushing the toxin out your system, the acid has to go. What usually triggers an attack? Crayfish or beer pretty much guarantees I can be laid up when I eat that. I have gotten into an exercise routine 30 min a day treadmill I never miss and I always take my vitamins and gout maintenance Allopurinol. An attack can come on in a matter of minutes with very little warning. I will be up the next day if I get the med"

CDLTPX August 29, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "My mates told me about the tablets ,,, and wow ,,, had a attack for 5 days in my knee I could not walk or get out off the chair , my mate gave me some , I know I should not take somebody's else's tablets , but when in pain you will do anything. The next day after taking indomethacin I could get out off the chair and walk. I still sore but after 3 days back to normal"

Barry99 August 12, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I've had gout in my right toe for 3 weeks. Doc had me on Ibuprofen, prednisone and then Sulindac. Had some relief but then it got really bad after I had two glasses of wine (I thought wine was OK - NO, NO, NO. The pain was excruciating - My gout club members know what I mean. Then the Doc prescribed Indomethacin and I finally started to get some significant relief. After the first pill I got some relief, and it continued; after two full days (3x/day), I went to bed last night with minimal pain. I still can not put on shoes without introducing the pain. So still I am trying to figure out if I may have permanent damage to toe. Indomethacin will now be a permanent item in my Emergency Kit. Take it with food - your body will adjust."

FitzEagle July 26, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "Thanks to my father and his father, gout has been experienced by my siblings, me and some of our children. My oldest brother and I have used both indomethacin and inducing to successfully treat flares up of gout. Neither my brother nor I have had issues with gout for at least five years. Both of our respective doctors, in the meantime prescribed allopurinol, which reduces uric acid and helps prevent gout. However, I still keep indomethacin in my medicine cabinet just in case the gout ever comes back to haunt me. I suggest always taking indomethacin with plenty of food and water or milk to prevent stomach pain."

Julse (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "when I used to have gout attacked, I used indomethacin. It used to heal my pain with in one day . But this time it did not help me for three days."

Chetan sharma July 18, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I woke up this morning with my ankle as big as my calf!! I took two 75 mg capsules and was at work by 8. Anyone who has never experienced gout has no idea what the true meaning of pain relief really means!!!"

Dope Cop July 16, 2015

For Cluster Headaches: "Have been taking 2 dosage of indomethacin 25 mg for over 4 months now. This is the only medicine which has worked on my headaches."

Ravs July 12, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I usually get pain/gout attacks behind my big toe. This causes the pain to radiate through my inner arch towards my ankle. Makes it a pain to walk and function properly. I took this medicine and by 3rd dose the majority of my pain is gone. This medication is a life saver!"

MattyV (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I've taken this as prescribed for two days now no results."

Wingmenrob July 7, 2015

Indocin SR (indomethacin) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I've been using SR since first appeared in the mid 1980 and have lived a great life, even doing regular running. When I went to get my most recent prescription filled, the pharmacy substituted Indomethacin ER, which isn't at all effective. I'm better off with aspirin and ibuprufen. Has anyone else had a similar experience?"

Traumzwerg (taken for 10 years or more) June 26, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I have gout in my big toe and when it flares up this medicine is my best friend within a day or 2 my pain is gone."

Pain free from gout (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "was experiencing gout attack for over a month and was prescribed indomethacin 25 milligram capsules when all my other home remedies such as tart cherry juice, apple cider vinegar, baking soda and tumeric had not helped. I took one 25 milligram tablet 2 hours later I could feel the pain subside. Took another capsule and pain decreased more took one more capsule before bed and the next morning gout was gone. Thank God for indomethacin."

Slammin, Sammy (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I've often had gout. At first, I didn't even know what it was. I've had it mostly in my feet, but once in my elbow. My forearm looked like Popeye. It usually lasts for a week or so. Lately, my Dr. has prescribed Indomethacin, 50 Mg capsules. The first time, I took one and it didn't do much. I reverted to Advil. The second time, I popped 2. The pain was gone in an hour and the redness was gone the next morning!"

Gouty June 2, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "Ok First of all I can honestly say I am a member of the honorable Gout Club. I have had full blown gout at least 4 times when I failed to react to the symptoms due to confusing the pain to that of my Cholesterol medication. On the initial onset of pain, OD on Cherry Juice concentrate, Daily C and lots of water helps block the effect if done so immediately. If I delay and its the true Gout attack I'm in for giving birth to a baby out my big toe. Well at least its the most horrible feeling, Unless your a true gout member you wont ever understand / appreciate the real pain one goes thru. Indomethacin has been the real pain stopper and works everytime. Unfortunately for me I was on Effient and Plavix and they wouldn't prescribe."

MyLoonatekii (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I get a gout flare up once or twice a year, and usually one or two pills knocks it out. This time around, one 50 mg pill is not working so well....I am on my 5th and 6th pill (took 2 or 100 mg) about an hour ago, and I am currently feeling the pain subside. Anyone else here use dosages above 50 mg....any side effects?"

EddieJ76 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015