User Reviews for Imiquimod

Also known as: Aldara, Zyclara

Learn more about Imiquimod.

Condylomata Acuminata 3 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Molluscum Contagiosum 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Imiquimod reviews 76 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Imiquimod

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I developed a huge facial wart under my nose, it protruded from my face my a few millimetres. local dermatologist they told me it had to be cut off because it was too big. or burnt, each of which would leave a huge scar in the middle of my face. I did some searching online and found aldara. I asked my doctor and he wrote a script.best decision i made. I think i used it for a few days at night putting a small amount on the wart only, then a few days off (5 on 3 off i think it was. in the middle it got a bit red so i stopped for a week and then started again. slow to start, but about 6 weeks later, completely gone and ZERO scar. HIGHLY recommend this product for facial warts."

aussieguy1324 July 24, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "This right here is magic. I saw result on the 3rd weeks, warts got a lot smaller, didn't experience any burning just some mild itching. During the first week of imiquimod, the warts seem bigger than it was before but this is probably just routine as the warts eventually reduce in size since the beginning of the second week. End of the 3rd week, I'm almost cleared up."

Mendis (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Being treated for 2 microscopic anal condyloma. No problems until week 2 ( using 3 times a week). Noticed some moderate irritation and when I went to do my biz one morning the irritation was such that I flinched and felt a popping sensation - now I have an extremely protruding hemorrhoid. I do not eat a typical crap (no pun intended) human diet but one of high fiber for nutrition and have never experienced constipation. Wish I would have followed my intuition and and not let the doc bust into my life with her anal swab - if you are not sexually active and there is no problem don't go there. Ignorance is bliss. For me has been a literal pain in the assd and one that will require expensive surgury."

glasshopper July 12, 2015

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "i am using cream for bcc on nose; I am on week 4 out of 8; mild side effects It has gotten bigger which is what i was expecting. I do not want to do Mohs surgery as that would be too intrusive and what the plastic surgeon told me they would have to do after would scar my whole face. Sticking with it. 47yo male"

RandyX July 6, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had a few small GW right at the opening of my vagina. The doctor prescribed imiquimod 3x a week for 6-10 hrs. HOWEVER she told me that I could get about 2-3 applications per packet because I didn't have too much. I applied VERY small amounts. Like I'm talking about a grain of rice on a q tip small. I got about 4 applications from one packet. The 2nd night I think I might have put too much on and I woke up with a swollen throat and a weird taste in my mouth and swollen armpit lymphs so thats when I decreased my dose amount. After that I had no side effects except for a small swollen armpit lymph node. NO PAIN NO ITCHING NO SCABBING. Just used vaseline before applying and took vitamins C and D everyday. Now about 3 weeks in I'm wart free."

Mjjan (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "Using for a BCC on my chin for 12 weeks. Currently at week 6 and it has increased in size, blistered and crusted. Side effects include nausea and some flu-like symptoms."

KGbcc July 2, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "To all of you using this drug for your warts, I want you to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Your love life DOES continue... And you should not be worried. 90% of all cases clear up for good within two years, and for those that don't, Aldara is a powerful medication to finish it off (Not a cure!). I had that lasted for three years until finally a doctor prescribed me Aldara on Dec 11, 2011. For the first eight weeks, nothing happened (as is common for male treatment), but my doctor seemed to be disheartened by the lack of progress and opted to have them frozen off. A week later I finished the remaining four weeks of treatment. The affected area was red and painless. My doctor finally told me... "You're cured.""

Anonymous1987 June 30, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "3 weeks ago after seeing my Dr about some weird "bumps" on my vagina I got the devastating news that I have HPV. In tears walking out with my prescription for Aldara I was in too much shock to recall what my DR or pharmacist said about applying this very pricey cream. I came across this site and the more I read the more scared I was to use it. I'm sorry for those that had severe side effects but I think it is important to note how effective and great this medication is and how it can work well if used properly!! I only applied it to the warts, used vasoline around on the healthy parts and took benadryl with it at bedtime. In the morning I was sore swollen and sensitive, however it was tolerable. 3 weeks after using it the warts appear gone!"

allbetter80 June 27, 2015

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Just started with Aldara, I had 8 small tiny GW cauterized , now I am clear and no GW to be noticed. My doctor instructed my to apply Aldara if I think that a new wart is appearing and I did apply for the 1st time today. Hopefully this stuff works well."

Ibi June 27, 2015

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I'm using this for bcc. My areas were small to begin with. I am on week 6 and was instructed to use it 5 times a week. I've used a very small amount and I haven't had severe side effects. My lymph nodes have been swollen a few times. I make sure to wash the areas, let it dry, wash my hands and apply. I have always washed it off 8 hours later. I've also avoided getting in the sun. The areas haven't disappeared yet and I'm not sure what they should look like at this point."

Mc08 June 21, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I really screwed up with this medication. I put too much on and just thought the burning was it working. I had one small anal wart and thought I would "go hard or go home" I went hard with the cream, and I had a horrible reaction to it. My skin was so raw I could not walk. If water touched it in the shower it was a pain unlike any I have felt. Washing it burned, sitting hurt, walking hurt, sneezing hurt, going to the restroom was painful beyond belief, everything made it hurt. Just be very careful and only apply a tiny amount to the effected area. Don't be stupid like me. It does work great but can be unbearably painful if used wrong. It will heal if you do go overboard, but it takes a week or so of pampering."

Chuckhuck May 15, 2015

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I found that I had some warts over my vagina two months ago, they looked bad and big. I was scared and I started to use this cream. I didn't see any result at the first treatment and I didn't have any side effect, it was really discourage. So the second treatment, I used this cream with salicylic acid on my warts. It burned my vagina like a crazy when I was using the acid, but it works! I applied the acid 3 times a day and used this cream at night. The warts started getting small and after a month, and appeared some side effect like itching like a crazy at night but they were completely gone in a month ! And now, there are no any warts on my vagina and I'm watching will the warts come back in this 3 months."

Hkgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2015

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "I noticed a bothersome "pimple" that never healed on my back a few yrs ago. After biopsy the dermatologist diagnosed it as basal cell. She lasered it twice for removal. I noticed another spot on my left shoulder, and 3 more spots on my chest 6 mos ago. I have no insurance so Dr suggested Zyclara cream. My first session was 1 week on, 1 week off, then another on and another off. It brought out more spots (which shocked me) in my cleavage and upper chest area. She put me on a second session of 2 weeks on, 1 week off, 2 weeks on. I just finished that session, and other than the new lesions that appeared from the cream, the original spots are almost gone. I have had no apparent negative side effects while using this cream."

Ren1313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Idk yet. I've been using the cream on 3 small (1/8") GW on my penis for about 5-6 weeks now and haven't really seen significant improvement. I can't say it doesn't work, as there has been a slight improvement, but as of yet I'm still unsure if it's going to work for me, which isn't unheard of in some people. The recommended usage prescribed by my doctor was 2 times a week, for up to 12 weeks, I've been applying it every 3rd day instead. After reading some of the reviews I think I'll start applying it every other day... I've had none of the burning or itching described, after the first week I did notice the skin was breaking, but that seems to have stopped."

Idk yet April 22, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I was diagnosed with a serious case of anal warts (hpv) and when I say serious, it was really severe! My local GUM clinic first of all gave me daktarin cream to try and loosen the warts first but this really didn't do much, I then used the Aldara 5% cream and it was truly magical! Hurt like hell almost to the point where I had trouble sleeping with the burning sensation but after 2 weeks the warts were significantly reduced and the burning had subsided. It does look like I have a few scars due to how many warts there were but all in all its a lot better! 1 year later and I'm still as smooth as I was before the diagnosis!"

David.C April 20, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Side effects were red, blistering, discomfort. I would feel nausea, and swollen lymph under armpit. directions from my doctor was to use it morning and night every other day. I was disgusted having warts so I used it every day. It's been exactly 2 weeks using it, my warts are cleared. I'll put the creame and let it dry and rub a Lil aloe vera on top to sooth it.it helps with the irritation and is clearing the redness and swelling from imiquimod. It really feels like a bad sunburn rash."

hidden unknown April 17, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "This cream is one of the most painful and agonising treatments I have ever received however if you are willing to put up with insatiable itching, burning, feeling like you have flu and being unable to catch your breath it is 100% worth it. For me, the few months of pain are worth it to get rid of the embarrassment and self disgust at having gw. I'm just starting to recover from the treatment and have gone from maybe 30 to around 5 tiny ones (I have an immunity disorder so was unable to fight the virus myself and it spread so quickly). Fantastic treatment, absolute agony but well worth it if you can put up with it."

Anonymous12344 April 14, 2015

For Condylomata Acuminata: "This really started to work for me around 8-10 weeks into 3x week treatment. And once it started to work they just started to fall off. By just putting small amount of ointment on the warts I was able to skip all the bad side effects. Put the ointment on before you go to bed and wash off in the morning. You will be highly satisfied with the results. Don't give up. If area gets irritated apply destin - for baby diaper rash - in the morning after you wash off."

Anonymous April 6, 2015

For Condylomata Acuminata: "I had numerous cryotherapy treatments and used Condyline paint which both worked but the warts always came back. My doc prescribed Imiquimod as a last resort and it worked marvellously. The warts had almost completely disappeared after two weeks and I had none of the pain, burning or itching I had with condyline. After that the doc said twice weekly would be enough and after six weeks I was completely clear."

Anonymous March 17, 2015

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "Got rid of my basal cell carcinoma, no scarring."

Sophie Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I was prescribed Aldara by my GP for genital warts. I was instructed to use the cream 3x weekly (every other day) and to use it sparingly. I had approx 5 warts at the time of diagnosis, one large, about the size of a pea and the others about the size of crumbs. I am on my 7th application (beginning Week 3) and already the warts have almost vanished. The largest one has reduced to the size of a crumb and only one other remains. The 1st week and a half I had some discomfort (I couldn't wear underwear as the treatment area was quite sore & raw) but nothing torturous like other stories I've read online. My labia is swollen & a few blisters have developed near the treatment area but I assume this will subside after I stop applying the cream."

Perseverance905 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "This drug is incredible at getting rid of warts. But I would DEFINITELY recommend using it for one day then waiting 3 days to see how severe your reaction is. I used it on 2 days before getting any reaction, and boy it was a huge reaction. Even the TINIEST amount of aldara causes your vagina to literally swell and burn for days and cause blisters and I used the stuff very sparingly and only on the warts. For anyone about to try aldara please just try it once and wait 3 days to see how you react before applying any more because man this stuff is strong!!!"

ashash (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2015

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Small warts on penis - gone within a week. Side effects: redness, slightly itchy, slightly tighter foreskin. Try allergy medicines to ease itching. "

Kenny-advice for guys (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I started trying with home remedies to get rid of warts (Acv) but saw no results. When I was prescribed imiqumod I was not very diligent about applications but saw some small results. However, I refilled my prescription and began to follow the 3 day a week regimen and after 3 weeks even the largest warts have subsided. There was some intense irritation (reason for the 9 out of 10) but as long as it is only applied where needed and washed well, the results are great!"

K94r February 6, 2015

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I was prescribed Aldara for internal gw. When I finally found a doctor to acknowledge that they existed internally, they were bad. They almost looked like fingers. I say this to make the point that I had a serious case of them. I was put on Aldara for three times a week until 16 weeks. This was the most painful experience I have ever had in my life. I cried in pain for the first several weeks. The itching was almost unbearable in and of itself. I also got very severe ulcers around the treatment sight. I found it helpful to take an allergy pill for the itching and melatonin to help me to sleep with the pain. All that being said, after 16 weeks my gw problem was 90 percent gone.I was given another month's worth for the last remaining few."

Anonymous February 1, 2015