User Reviews for Imiquimod

Also known as: Aldara, Zyclara

Learn more about Imiquimod.

Condylomata Acuminata 3 reviews 6 medications

Basal Cell Carcinoma 17 reviews 7 medications

7.3
Summary of Imiquimod reviews 112 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Imiquimod

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I've just finished week 2 for 4 bcc. I use Aldara 5 times a week. The bcc on my neck and arm are going well. The one on my chest is ulcerated so my doctor said to have 4 days off instead of 2. The one just above my lip is really ugly. It was quite small but now is huge and won't stop bleeding. Doctor said at least a week off for that one. I feel quite well so far-just itchy and maybe a bit tired. I'll update again in another 2 weeks."

Brigi (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I have been given aldara cream to use mon,wed, Fri nights on my second week now and oh boy is it painful the day after treatment when I go to the loo and wipe. It looks like it's working tho so will persevere with it for the full month and see how it goes."

jackojacko (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Hi, im a male, 23 yo. Was fighting with warts in my perineum area for almost 2 years. I tried to burn them in my home with a pc air duster (if you sprayed it upside down it sprays a very cold subtance, like nitrogen but weaker) and it works but it can give you marks and after some time the warts grew again. I was really scared so i tried imiquimod (I'm from Peru, here you can find it with the name imimore). I applied a really tiny amount of cream before sleeping 3x a week for like 12 weeks and didn't notice any improvement, so I switch to apply every day and it magically start working, my skin get a little irritated and itched a bit but never had pain or drastic side effects. Now its been 16 weeks and I'm clean! MY ADVISE, BE PATIENT"

420user (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I'm 18. I just found out three days ago. I'm suspecting I have had it for over a year. If you have this and you don't tell your girlfriend or the person you are sleeping with. You are a total disgrace. This guy has given it to so many other people. And I'm suspecting they have absolutely no clue. I just started using the medicine. It's irritated right now. I've been using the whole packet. No one has told me how to use it. So I came here to find out. Some are saying they have used the whole packet and some say they used a little. If the pain doesn't slow down. I'm going to start using only a little bit. I haven't notice anything going away or getting smaller. But hopefully it will start working.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2016

Aldara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "Actinic keratosis lesions on forearms only ... but a nasty case at any rate. Dermatologist put me on a regimen of Aldara cream and Salicylic Acid. The experience during the 4 months of Aldara treatment was not particularly pleasant: worst of all being that it made the Keratosis lesions much worse in terms of acute redness and inflamation and quite distressing vanity-wise. There was some headaches, some fatigue, but that only lasted 2 weeks or so. After that, no side affects worth bothering about. But I must admit I almost stopped using it during the period of unsightliness. But I didn't. And I am very glad I didn't! The Dermatologist took me off the Aldara regimen after 4 months and told me to just keep on using the salicylic acid. Now, after 5 months the Keratosis lesions are completely gone, leaving quite smooth new skin. The area is still a little pinkish compared to normal sin colour, but Doctor said that that will disappear once the healing time has done it's work. Over all success I would say. For myself Aldara was a godsend."

nongkhai (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "After having liquid nitrogen treatment every week for six months I gave up and lived with the warts on my bottom for two years. Then I decided to go back and was given Aldara cream. When the doc examined me he counted 11 warts. After four weeks he examined me again and found three warts and gave me another months supply of cream. Two weeks later I think I have one wart that has shrunk so I expect that will disappear very soon. The cream has been very painful and after using it for over a month I find it difficult to use the toilet or wipe down there. Despite the pain I'm glad I was given this cream, when I stop using it the inflammation should clear up and hopefully the warts will be gone for good."

Painful but works (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had a common wart on my palm that decided to spread like wildfire and I ended up with over 20 small warts between both of my palms. Freezing, salicylic acid, nor Carac cream could get rid of these little suckers. Not to mention that freezing them off hurt like a anything considering how many nerves are in your palms. Finally, the doctor decided to inject Novocaine and actually scrape and cauterize 3 larger ones. This was also painful, but she did get rid of them and after some persuading I was given the imiquimod cream to take over a 16 week period. This stuff works. I've been using this 3 nights a week for 5 weeks and the small warts are practically gone with the larger ones significantly smaller/almost eliminated, as well."

Jman1 January 6, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "First off it does work. But I had the worst side effects and it burnt all the way through my skin. I haven't been able to walk properly for 5 days and my labia is completely burnt. I also got a brotholins cyst because of this and that is also SO painful. I'll never use this again."

Angeljk143 December 31, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Wipe off any that gets on your skin and you don't need to slather your wart. It's not necessary and the extra is going to get on your skin while you sleep. The next morning you'll have a chemical burn. Follow the advice I learned the hard way and you'll be fine. 5 warts -2 small, 2 medium and one a little bigger than a pencil eraser. In 2 weeks the small ones were gone and 2 more the medium. It's been 6 weeks and the large is just barely there. The people who had problems probably used too much and left it on their normal skin."

Ekim044 December 29, 2015

For Keratosis: "AK on my left cheek. Laser treatment in 2011, then in 2 years AK came out again, from boundaries of laser treated area. Went to new dermatologist, who prescribed Aldara but did not tell about side effects. After 10 days treatment, skin in AK area was badly affected, really effective. Then I had a night with drinks etc. and immediately after that, started persistent influenza like symptoms I never experienced before during summertime, as well as diarrhea. I went for info online and understood it was Aldara. I stopped anything could weaken my immune response, had plenty of sleep, vitamins, healthy lifestyle and continued the treatment. Stopped after 3 weeks. Side effect gone, big crust, new skin after one month, no more AK. Great."

Andrea Scamarda December 26, 2015

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "I've been on zyclara close to a year. Only off of it for about 3 weeks in a year. My limbs are covered with hundreds of actinic keratosis and I also have had squamous cell carcinoma removed. I am now experiencing swollen and tender lymph nodes under my arms and in my groin. Is this aside affect of the zyclara or is this a sign that the cancer squarmous cell has spread. Any info would be appreciated"

Jeannewood (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I stopped using the cream after the 4th day. I have followed the instructions to a T. Applied a minimal amount and rubbed it into the wart until it was gone, made sure that I did not apply it to normal skin. The cream actually burned through part of the wart and burned the epidermis so I've had to stop using the cream as it can not be applied to broken skin. The fingers that I used to apply the cream have experienced nerve pain and burning sensations similar to those I experienced where I applied the cream on the wart. I had hesitations about using this cream, however, at least I can say that I have tried it. I am going to stick to liquid nitrogen, the least painful form of treatment for me out of all the medical treatments I've tried."

ByebyeGW December 10, 2015

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "I took Zyclara for 5 days and unfortunately had to discontinue due to acute side effects including fever, flu like symptoms, nausea, lack of appetite and fatigue. I have been off now for 4 days and other than the fever being slightly lower, the symptoms continue. I used it on my entire face which is swollen and covered in bright red sores, some draining. This has been a very negative experience for me but that's the chance I took hoping the benefits would outweigh the side effects. I believe I may have an immune issue and plan to further investigate that as I seem to get sick a lot and am easily fatigued."

TMC2 December 9, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "It seems you can only write so much. So I'll have to be a brief as possible. I have been given a prescription to Aldara in the past, filled it, and never used it because of a number of posts that I have read. I have this one particular spot that I've had treated with liquid nitrogen, along with podophyllum, however, it has yet to go away. So I decided to try vyloma, which is 3.75% in strength vs 5% for aldara. I have applied the cream for the past three days. I have used a small amount where I rub it into the wart until it disapears. I have also been using it on some pre-cancer warts on my torso. So far, I have not experienced any type of pain or irritation as of yet. I'm waiting and will repost."

ByebyeGW December 5, 2015

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "This is awful, the burning is terrible! !"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I was diagnosed with anal HPV last month. This week will be my 5th week on this creme and since last week I noticed my GW are gone! I didn't have serious pain, but there was some redness, itching, and mild pain, but that's how u know it's working. The goal was "irritation" my doctor said. I used it 5x's a week before bedtime for 3 weeks then when it got irritated I went to 3 x's a week. I used the entire packet at each application and rubbed the creme into the wart and surrounding skin. I did get itching about 4 hours after application. In the mornings I washed it off. I'm happy this medicine worked for me. Don't be afraid to try it."

HappyItWorked December 2, 2015

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "No side effects at all. No problems at all. Had two spots on my back that are gone. Thanks doc for recommending this treatment."

roxiemoxie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I used this creme for three days after being diagnosed with genital warts (HPV) the next day I was in so much pain in my genital area. My small itchy warts turned into big white sores. It's been 5 days since and the pain was so unbearable that I went to urgent care where I was told I had chemically burned my genitals. They told me that I was just suppose to put a small amount on the infected areas, but I had placed all over for " preventable measures" if you use this creme use as little as possible. I'm still so much pain. I have trouble sleeping and walking. Peeing is really painful.This creme made my situation much worse. Use with caution"

Painful use with caution (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2015

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "I am a female in my late 60s, and on day 13 of the 1st round of 14. After tomorrow, I will be off 2 weeks, and back on for 2 weeks. I am using it on my temples and forehead. Luckily, I have a lot of hair to cover the red spots that have surfaced on my temples. However, I have had NO flu like symptoms, NO fatigue, NO stomach problems. Nothing.....just a bunch of ugly red spots"

Anonymous November 23, 2015

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I am a physician and I was horrified to find HPV warts near my anus a few weeks ago. There were 3 small ones in a cluster and a slightly larger pedunculated one nearby. I went to my gynecologist to discuss treatment options. We agreed on Aldara. I have been usin a small amount 3 times a week and after 2.5 week they little ones are gone and the bigger one is almost gone. I was worried about it irritating the healthy tissue surrounding the warts because it was impossible (due to the location) to only get the medication on the warts, but I have only had mild irritation alleviated by a warm bath."

Doc2015 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2015

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "Derm. put me on for total of 4 weeks, redness open dry sores on scalp. week three, three x per/wk hope it works, MWF off weekends seems to be working."

jamiex2 November 19, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Been using aldara for 2.5 weeks now, no new warts have grown. I had the small ones I had removed by Cryo before using aldara just to blast the skin. But, I have painful blisters on my upper shaft and upper scrotum now. Had no side effects until the last day or two of my second week. Used it at night Mon-fri but it's too strong and you don't want these blisters trust me. If you're a guy I would use it once a day Mon-fri first week and then only every other day mon, wed, fri like 90 percent of people are prescribed. My doctor said twice a day morning and night for 5 days straight for a month. That's WAY to much for sensitive genital skin. My acne has gotten bad too."

A guyy again (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I am female and was diagnosed with genital warts when I was 22 years old and I thought my life was over. I was prescribed Aldara cream and my gyno told me to use just a tiny bit and to try to ONLY put it on the warts and not the surrounding skin. I remember feeling a little soreness but nothing that I couldn't handle. I had a mild case of warts near the opening of my vagina and they flattened after a week and were completely cleared after 2.5 weeks... I couldn't believe it! Want to know the best part? I am 33 years old and they have never come back! Turns out my life wasn't over after all!"

Dee K (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2015

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Contracted GW and went to dermatologist who diagnosed them after one before misdiagnosed them. Had them burned (electrocuted off) and frozen. Had to return two weeks later as many more small ones had grown, same treatment again. I was then prescribed Aldara for a month, morning and night for 5 day stints (Mon-Fri). I kept up with this first week but second week I started just doing nights as twice a day seems excessive after reading everyone else's prescriptions. Things look much clearer but I got a blister which healed significantly after taking a break for a few days. This stuff takes a few days to kick in but expect to be pretty red and your scrotum to be sore if you're a guy. I'll repost in a couple weeks when I'm done my treatment."

A Guyy November 10, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I've been using this cream for 5 days now for anal hpv. Last night was the first night I skipped a treatment and I'll reapply it again tonight. I'm using it 5 x's a week. I have yet to experience the horrible reaction a lot of people complain about. And I've been using an entire packet of the cream. It seems to be working different on everyone because everyone's immune system is different but I'm HAPPY to say that aldara appears to be working. In just 5 days I can already see the warts getting smaller. They are kinda red but they aren't painful just a little tender. No bleeding and no horrible side effects. Don't be afraid to use it. If u start getting bad side effects use less cream and space the days out more."

_Why_Me November 3, 2015