User Reviews for Imiquimod

Also known as: Aldara, Zyclara

Learn more about Imiquimod.

Condylomata Acuminata 3 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Molluscum Contagiosum 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Imiquimod reviews 66 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Imiquimod

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I really screwed up with this medication. I put too much on and just thought the burning was it working. I had one small anal wart and thought I would "go hard or go home" I went hard with the cream, and I had a horrible reaction to it. My skin was so raw I could not walk. If water touched it in the shower it was a pain unlike any I have felt. Washing it burned, sitting hurt, walking hurt, sneezing hurt, going to the restroom was painful beyond belief, everything made it hurt. Just be very careful and only apply a tiny amount to the effected area. Don't be stupid like me. It does work great but can be unbearably painful if used wrong. It will heal if you do go overboard, but it takes a week or so of pampering."

Chuckhuck May 15, 2015

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I found that I had some warts over my vagina two months ago, they looked bad and big. I was scared and I started to use this cream. I didn't see any result at the first treatment and I didn't have any side effect, it was really discourage. So the second treatment, I used this cream with salicylic acid on my warts. It burned my vagina like a crazy when I was using the acid, but it works! I applied the acid 3 times a day and used this cream at night. The warts started getting small and after a month, and appeared some side effect like itching like a crazy at night but they were completely gone in a month ! And now, there are no any warts on my vagina and I'm watching will the warts come back in this 3 months."

Hkgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2015

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "I noticed a bothersome "pimple" that never healed on my back a few yrs ago. After biopsy the dermatologist diagnosed it as basal cell. She lasered it twice for removal. I noticed another spot on my left shoulder, and 3 more spots on my chest 6 mos ago. I have no insurance so Dr suggested Zyclara cream. My first session was 1 week on, 1 week off, then another on and another off. It brought out more spots (which shocked me) in my cleavage and upper chest area. She put me on a second session of 2 weeks on, 1 week off, 2 weeks on. I just finished that session, and other than the new lesions that appeared from the cream, the original spots are almost gone. I have had no apparent negative side effects while using this cream."

Ren1313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Idk yet. I've been using the cream on 3 small (1/8") GW on my penis for about 5-6 weeks now and haven't really seen significant improvement. I can't say it doesn't work, as there has been a slight improvement, but as of yet I'm still unsure if it's going to work for me, which isn't unheard of in some people. The recommended usage prescribed by my doctor was 2 times a week, for up to 12 weeks, I've been applying it every 3rd day instead. After reading some of the reviews I think I'll start applying it every other day... I've had none of the burning or itching described, after the first week I did notice the skin was breaking, but that seems to have stopped."

Idk yet April 22, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I was diagnosed with a serious case of anal warts (hpv) and when I say serious, it was really severe! My local GUM clinic first of all gave me daktarin cream to try and loosen the warts first but this really didn't do much, I then used the Aldara 5% cream and it was truly magical! Hurt like hell almost to the point where I had trouble sleeping with the burning sensation but after 2 weeks the warts were significantly reduced and the burning had subsided. It does look like I have a few scars due to how many warts there were but all in all its a lot better! 1 year later and I'm still as smooth as I was before the diagnosis!"

David.C April 20, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Side effects were red, blistering, discomfort. I would feel nausea, and swollen lymph under armpit. directions from my doctor was to use it morning and night every other day. I was disgusted having warts so I used it every day. It's been exactly 2 weeks using it, my warts are cleared. I'll put the creame and let it dry and rub a Lil aloe vera on top to sooth it.it helps with the irritation and is clearing the redness and swelling from imiquimod. It really feels like a bad sunburn rash."

hidden unknown April 17, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "This cream is one of the most painful and agonising treatments I have ever received however if you are willing to put up with insatiable itching, burning, feeling like you have flu and being unable to catch your breath it is 100% worth it. For me, the few months of pain are worth it to get rid of the embarrassment and self disgust at having gw. I'm just starting to recover from the treatment and have gone from maybe 30 to around 5 tiny ones (I have an immunity disorder so was unable to fight the virus myself and it spread so quickly). Fantastic treatment, absolute agony but well worth it if you can put up with it."

Anonymous12344 April 14, 2015

For Condylomata Acuminata: "This really started to work for me around 8-10 weeks into 3x week treatment. And once it started to work they just started to fall off. By just putting small amount of ointment on the warts I was able to skip all the bad side effects. Put the ointment on before you go to bed and wash off in the morning. You will be highly satisfied with the results. Don't give up. If area gets irritated apply destin - for baby diaper rash - in the morning after you wash off."

Anonymous April 6, 2015

For Condylomata Acuminata: "I had numerous cryotherapy treatments and used Condyline paint which both worked but the warts always came back. My doc prescribed Imiquimod as a last resort and it worked marvellously. The warts had almost completely disappeared after two weeks and I had none of the pain, burning or itching I had with condyline. After that the doc said twice weekly would be enough and after six weeks I was completely clear."

Anonymous March 17, 2015

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "Got rid of my basal cell carcinoma, no scarring."

Sophie Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I was prescribed Aldara by my GP for genital warts. I was instructed to use the cream 3x weekly (every other day) and to use it sparingly. I had approx 5 warts at the time of diagnosis, one large, about the size of a pea and the others about the size of crumbs. I am on my 7th application (beginning Week 3) and already the warts have almost vanished. The largest one has reduced to the size of a crumb and only one other remains. The 1st week and a half I had some discomfort (I couldn't wear underwear as the treatment area was quite sore & raw) but nothing torturous like other stories I've read online. My labia is swollen & a few blisters have developed near the treatment area but I assume this will subside after I stop applying the cream."

Perseverance905 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "This drug is incredible at getting rid of warts. But I would DEFINITELY recommend using it for one day then waiting 3 days to see how severe your reaction is. I used it on 2 days before getting any reaction, and boy it was a huge reaction. Even the TINIEST amount of aldara causes your vagina to literally swell and burn for days and cause blisters and I used the stuff very sparingly and only on the warts. For anyone about to try aldara please just try it once and wait 3 days to see how you react before applying any more because man this stuff is strong!!!"

ashash (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2015

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Small warts on penis - gone within a week. Side effects: redness, slightly itchy, slightly tighter foreskin. Try allergy medicines to ease itching. "

Kenny-advice for guys (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I started trying with home remedies to get rid of warts (Acv) but saw no results. When I was prescribed imiqumod I was not very diligent about applications but saw some small results. However, I refilled my prescription and began to follow the 3 day a week regimen and after 3 weeks even the largest warts have subsided. There was some intense irritation (reason for the 9 out of 10) but as long as it is only applied where needed and washed well, the results are great!"

K94r February 6, 2015

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I was prescribed Aldara for internal gw. When I finally found a doctor to acknowledge that they existed internally, they were bad. They almost looked like fingers. I say this to make the point that I had a serious case of them. I was put on Aldara for three times a week until 16 weeks. This was the most painful experience I have ever had in my life. I cried in pain for the first several weeks. The itching was almost unbearable in and of itself. I also got very severe ulcers around the treatment sight. I found it helpful to take an allergy pill for the itching and melatonin to help me to sleep with the pain. All that being said, after 16 weeks my gw problem was 90 percent gone.I was given another month's worth for the last remaining few."

Anonymous February 1, 2015

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Initially I was worried that this treatment wasn't working because I didn't see immediate results after the first 2 applications. After a week, however, I saw significant reductions in the size of my warts. And now at week 3 you can barely see anything at all. At first I was very distressed about the extreme side effects I had (severe itchiness, erythema, some bleeding), which were very concerning to me. They did subside, however, by the 4th or 5th application of Aldara. My advice would be to not give up! Yes, it is very itchy and somewhat painful with the first few applications but the side effects do subside and the effects are significant. Just be patient and you will see results."

GW GW January 31, 2015

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "Was instructed to use Imiquimod only three times a week for basal cell on my nose. Wait until sores appeared and then resolved. Use for three months. There were no negative side effects and it worked well. I am using cream again on another spot on my face and I believe the cancer has disappeared. Will see Dr. in two weeks."

windfalls December 24, 2014

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "2 weeks ago I thought my life was over with the diagnosis. My doctor let me know I am not alone and over 70% of people have human papilloma virus, its just a matter of who's body's can fight off the warts developing or not. I have been using Aldara for 2 weeks and have only minor side effects like a slight itching which not sure if just my brain thinking its bad or if it was. Apply to only the spots that need. I almost think those who complain of unreal side effects slathered this on without reading directions. The only other side effect which was odd was the first night I applied my heart rate was 100 beats per minute which was strange. Lesions have shrunk in size ten folds. I'm just super pleased. I feel bad for those who cannot afford Aldara."

Anonymous December 8, 2014

For Human Papilloma Virus: "It works but it hurts! This is my fourth day using it and I'm seeing results. First 3 days it itched and made the warts more pronounced and sore (My Dr. told me to use it every day and not 3 times a week.). Today I've noticed significant changes. Large cluster of about 4 is gone but the skin is really irritated. I think there's like 3 left but they're not that big. I'm so sore but at least they're going away. Suggestions: Take a Benadryl before you apply the cream. Decrease the itching and it'll knock you out. Protect your skin with Vaseline. Get some sterile bandages to cover your "healing" areas between applications because you will have some....drainage...I guess that's the right word."

L. Bridgeforth (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2014

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had hundreds of warts all over me. I was advised to use this cream despite the fact that its use on a large scale hadn't been tested. I'll admit that it took lots of packets to complete the whole treatment, but in four months, every single wart was completely gone. There wasn't a single spot left. This cream worked where every other treatment, including surgery, did not."

Wart free, Finally! (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had warts a few years back and used the cream. They recently reappeared but I'm using the cream again. It was very effective the first time around. I didn't have to use it for that long before seeing improvements! Hoping for a similar experience this time around."

Effective! September 3, 2014

For Human Papilloma Virus: "For all people who have genital warts my only advice is: Use Aldara cream it's amazing I had 3 warts one big and 2 small ones I went to see the gynecologist she gave me this cream after 3 application everything is gone I don't have anymore however I still have some of them inside that's what the pap smear shows but the inside ones they need different therapy. Aldara cleared all my outside warts in one week, don't hesitate use it but you need to check with your doctor if you have other warts inside."

Elenaa August 20, 2014

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I was very nervous using this reading what other people have experienced with side effects. I decided to try it under advisement from my gynecologist. I have 4 small warts. One on my labia, one just inside of it, 2 around my anus. I've been using imiquimod for about 10 days, 3 times a week, 6 hours at a time. In that time I have seen SIGNIFICANT changes in the 2 on my vaginal area. They are almost completely gone. The other two are being a little more stubborn. I wanted to share some good comments about this medication after being so worried about it myself before. Zero skin irritation. Have had some "flu-like" symptoms, but nothing unbearable. I'm very happy to see these "aliens" shrink away. Try it before you knock it!"

Breathing Easier (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2014

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "4 days in on first 2 weeks. Using on arms and face. Put vaseline on lips, under eyes and in nostrils to protect from cream. So far no reaction at all. I know I have many pre cancer and thought I would light up like a Christmas tree but so far so good. Maybe it's coming but time will tell."

luckysofar (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2014

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "I have only used Zyclara for 3 nights, but last night after I applied it to my face and neck, I started coughing and filling funny in my throat. It only lasted about 20 minutes, but will try again tonight and see if I have the same reaction. List of side effects did list this condition. I want to love this cream but am afraid I may have to quit it."

RamonaLea (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2014