User Reviews for Hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate

Also known as: Atrosept, Cystemms-V, Darcalma, Darpaz, Dolsed, Hyophen, Methylphen, MHP-A, MSP-Blu, Phosenamine, Phosphasal, Prosed DS, Prosed EC, Trac Tabs 2x, UR N-C, ...show all 32 brand names

Learn more about Hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate.

Urinary Tract Infection 21 reviews 153 medications

8.6
Summary of Hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate reviews 21 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a lithotripsy done today with a cystoscopy and was prescribed Uribel for the bladder spasms and urination pain. I took it 3 hours ago and I'm still suffering from the painful spasms and burning urination. It isn't working for me."

Hello Sandra53 August 19, 2015

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have suffered from overactive bladder for years, and my Toviaz is extremely effective, UNLESS I will be standing for a period of time (eg:outdoor concerts) Then my weak pelvic floor causes increased feelings of urgency and spasm. My Gyno suggested I take this prior to going out, and then I can stand comfortably w/o feeling like I have to constantly pee! It has greatly improved my social life enjoyment. I am prone to having serotonin syndrome, which is 1 of the possible side effects so I have to be sure I take my meds several hours apart, then I am fine."

OSASST June 8, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed Urelle for my interstitial cystitis flares, which definitely helped, but my co-pay after insurance was still $200 a month. A new urologist prescribed generic hyophen (which contains the main ingredient in Urelle) and now I only pay $4. It works very well for the pain and urgency of IC. It doesn't take it all away, but nothing does. This makes the difference between being curled up on the floor with a heating pad crying and begging my doctor for narcotics, or being able to go about my daily life at least. It definitely works better than pyridium, and while it does turn your urine bright blue, it doesn't stain your skin and clohing like pyridium. It can take a few hours and several doses before really gets the pain under control for me though."

mitzi1 June 11, 2014

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This medication made me into a normal person! I always had some kind of urinary tract infection and I would take medication and after I took the last pill within two weeks I had it again. I'm 65 and honestly I have been infection free because of Uribel. I take it once a day unless I don't drink enough water or liquid and I will take two. That's it ! IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE"

whyare74? March 5, 2014

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This medication definitely was effective in taking away the symptoms of urgency after I had a urinary procedure done. It worked pretty fast within 30min. However the side effect if "fluttering heart" was very negative for me as I have an anxiety disorder so the heart palpitations triggered me to get very panicky. The side effect starting after an hour of taking it and subsided about 2-3 hrs afterwards. Overall I would recommend this medication because the effectiveness was excellent."

OABsufferer (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Works great for Interstitial cystitis, urinary tract infection and pretreatment for those who have to catheterize."

skylarsol (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2012

Prosed DS (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Works great for me..no side effects except blue urine...I tell people who see it that it is blue because that is my favorite color. I have urinary tract infections all the time. Prosed DS works great!"

SudsIe (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2012

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I LOVE THIS MEDICINE. I have chronic end stage Interstitial Cystitis. I've had it bad for 24 years and NOTHING worked but the URIBEL. I have taken Urelle and Utira-C and none of them worked. But this one takes away my bladder pressure & pain. I can immediately tell when it wears off. I am taking every 6 hours (4 times per day). I have Medicare and it doesn't cover it, but the relief from pain is well worth it."

pen2005pal (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2012

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Phosphasal (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was having recurring urinary tract infections and my doctor suggested me taking this medication which I loved and they really helped as I did not get any infections at all for the length of time I was on them. After 4 months my insurance is now refusing to pay for them any longer and I am afraid my infections will start up again."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have Chronic urinary tract infections. This is the best medicine for pain."

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Although it was expensive, it was well worth it. My interstitial cystitis had gotten so bad it hurt to walk, I had to keep an ice pack between my legs. Within one dose of this, I started feeling better. The one thing I would suggest is that the pharmacy put a warning on the bottle stating specifically that the medicine will possibly turn your urine blue/green. The first time that happened, it was quite shocking! Overall, this medicine really saved me when the other ones let me down."

Anonymous January 24, 2012

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Provides excellent relief for symptoms caused by bladder flares from interstitial cystitis."

Anonymous November 20, 2011

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This medicine is terrific. I have interstitial cystitis and frequent urinary tract infections and both of these conditions were IMMEDIATELY helped when taking Uribel. I can hardly believe how well this medicine works because I've tried so many other remedies and none of them helped at all. I would always need to get yet another antibiotic which I was quickly becoming immune to and none of them worked any more as well. Uribel stops EVERYTHING...the burning, the urgency, the pain and the frequency. It's an amazing medication!"

Anonymous August 8, 2011

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Prosed DS (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for : "It helps but not a cure-all. Had electro-vaporization of my prostate 4 weeks ago and it still hurts to pee."

Anonymous July 25, 2011

Prosed DS (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I suffer from Chronic urinary tract infectionx and my latest Urologist gave me Prosed DS to help fight the pain during my severe UTI's. It works. Just give it time to get into your system and you'll know when it is by the greenish/blue urine. Takes that burning sharp pain away and I no longer had to bite a towel while urinating. I hope it provides the same relief for other chronic UTI sufferers who can never seem to get the infection to ever go away forever."

Anonymous October 18, 2010

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This the only thing that relieves painful blockages and severe pain as well as lowering high blood pressure sometimes caused by kidney stones. I have found nurses and ER doctors and several emergency rooms and hospitals are not familiar with this drug so I make sure I have several pills on hand at all times. This may have saved my life last summer when nurses misread my doctors instructions and would not give me any during a severe kidney stone crisis. My blood pressure was off the charts. If I had not walked out and gone home to take this, I might not be here. My doctor had gone out of town and he was horrified."

kidney stone kid October 12, 2010

Prosed DS (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "First off, let me say that this medicine did help with the bladder spasms caused by my UTI, though it took a few hours and a second dose before I found relief. However, I had some wicked side effects/adverse reactions (that continue 3 days later) to hyoscyamine (one of the meds in Prosed). During an attempted 7hr drive I hallucinated strange clouds and progressed into a panicky, crazed state. My heart was racing, my eyes wouldn't focus correctly, my hands were shaking, I couldn't remember things or follow through with thoughts, and overall I was convinced I was going to die. I ended up not getting far and checked into a hotel, thank goodness. By the next morning, the worst had passed."

Anonymous March 15, 2010

Prosed DS (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have bladder inflammation after having a UTI. My family doc had me on Pyridium, which really upsets my stomach. This medicine works better, does not stain, and does not upset my stomach. I rated it a 9 because it's not widely available and my pharmacy doesn't seem to know much about it."

Anonymous March 12, 2010

Prosed DS (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This was a wonder drug for me for treating interstitial cystitis. It helped with bladder spasms and the feeling of having to go all the time. I would highly recommend this medicine to anyone with urinary symptoms."

Anonymous January 28, 2010

Prosed DS (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was given samples of this from my urologist because I'm passing stones and it's AMAZING! I only gave it a 9 because it did cause a yeast infection. But it made it so I could pee without crying and/or screaming. Also turned my urine blue/green, which was different lol. But it definitely numbed my urethra and I had gone from not wanting to pee to being normal in a matter of hours."

Keddey November 24, 2009

Urised (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "They have stopped making urised. Prosed was substituted and now FDA has pulled it? I need something for interstitial cystits which is now really acting up."

Anonymous August 15, 2008

Uritact DS (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Have had good results but I now find it hard to get."

sansherm July 17, 2008