User Reviews for Vistaril

Learn more about Vistaril.

Vistaril Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 27 medications used in the treatment of Sedation.

Reviews for Vistaril to treat Sedation

"I have chronic insomnia, my doctor had me on 2mg of Xanax which worked great. When I switched Drs, they wouldn't write prescriptions for Xanax. Put me on Restoril, didn't work, now I've been on 50mg Vistaril for several nights. It helps me sleep pretty well, but during the day I feel so out of it. I am so dizzy and light headed, even when I'm sitting I feel like I'm going to pass out! If this keeps up, I don't think I'll be able to continue this medication."

DixonsMama (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2015

"I have been dealing with insomnia on and off for over 10 years. I have always managed it with OTC meds like Unisom. Finally decided to see a doc about it after having to take 3-4 Unisom a night (I was feeling like a zombie till 10 am!). She prescribed 25 mg of Vistaril - take one at bed time. Last night was my first time using it and it took a few hours to get me to sleep. All night I had weird, vivid dreams and it was hard to tell if I was asleep or awake. I felt on the brink of deep sleep, but still awake. It's hard to describe. I am going to give it a week and see how it goes. I was a bit groggy this morning, but not like on Unisom."

DaniG (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2015

"My psychiatrist just prescribed me this medication to help me sleep at night since I have trouble sleeping, supposedly it takes 15 to 45 mins to take in effect, the only effect I got was a calming effect but wasn't sleepy like it was intended for..therefor I became more agitated, crying for no apparent reason, and more fidgety then ever..So unfortunately I was the unfortunate one where it does not work for."

KickRocks84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2014

"I've tried this and am so glad. I'm now on this one!"

Your Nicknameit really works!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2013

"I have tried Ambien, Cymbalta, Clonazepam, etc for insomnia. All have had the opposite effect - keeping me awake worse than if I hadn't taken anything. Nothing has helped me sleep as well as Vistaril, with no side effects. I wake up refreshed every morning without any fatigue."

KClean July 1, 2008

209 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate