User Reviews for Vistaril

Learn more about Vistaril.

Vistaril review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Sedation.

Reviews for Vistaril to treat Sedation

Review by KickRocks84 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My psychiatrist just prescribed me this medication to help me sleep at night since I have trouble sleeping, supposedly it takes 15 to 45 mins to take in effect, the only effect I got was a calming effect but wasn't sleepy like it was intended for..therefor I became more agitated, crying for no apparent reason, and more fidgety then ever..So unfortunately I was the unfortunate one where it does not work for.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 6:25 AM

Review by Your Nicknameit really works!! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've tried this and am so glad. I'm now on this one!

January 23, 2013 11:53 PM

Review by KClean:

I have tried Ambien, Cymbalta, Clonazepam, etc for insomnia. All have had the opposite effect - keeping me awake worse than if I hadn't taken anything. Nothing has helped me sleep as well as Vistaril, with no side effects. I wake up refreshed every morning without any fatigue.

179 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2008 9:12 PM