User Reviews for Mucinex

Learn more about Mucinex.

Mucinex review summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 980 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Mucinex to treat Cough

Review by Dilli (taken for less than 1 month):

The side effect was sleeplessness. First night, I was up until 4:00 AM, next night up until 07:00AM and again last night I could not sleep. I was taking the Mucinex as prescribed every 12 hours.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by Sickgranny:

I had runny nose, blocked ears, headache, sore throat with mucus, Its great! I took one pill and saw relief, so 4 hours later I took the second one. Now I am wide awake. It's almost 4 am. Take it earlier.

June 9, 2013 3:49 AM

Review by Lar999:

Works ok, but for serious cough problems get prescription level medicine. Does help bring up phlegm. drink lots of water, will help bring up the mucus faster.

June 7, 2013 3:02 PM

Review by sutraquio (taken for less than 1 month):

Actually I was using Mucinex to control a nagging night time cough. Although I had extreme pain in my ankles and legs EVERY SINGLE DAY, I never dreamed that Mucinex would have any effect as to helping that. I took a dose of the Mucinex FastMax just before I went to bed and WOW, no cough AND no leg pain at all that night, at last I was pain free! I know it had to be the Mucinex because absolutely nothing else had made a difference! I will keep some on hand to use from now on. I hope this helps someone else also. Thank you.

May 3, 2013 7:05 AM

Review by Grateful in Fremont:

I was advised by a screening nurse to take Mucinex for a particularly persistent cough with a lot of phelgm. After about a week of taking Mucinex, my cough was slightly better, but I noticed that my endometriosis had subsided! I have been suffering from endometriosis for the past 20 years...tried eveything (Nafarelin, birth control bills, laparoscopic surgery, pregnancy, Lupron depot, ovariohysterectomy) and nothing helped the pain...I felt like my urinary bladder was under constant pressure and the only relief was immediately after urinating, but the pain would immediately return. I saw several urologists and they tried treating me for overactive bladder and interstitial cystitis, but the only definitive diagnosis was endometriosis.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 4, 2012 5:11 PM

About and hour and a half after taking one Mucinex DM I developed severe dizziness, drowsiness, bad intestinal cramps, vomiting and diarrhea that recurred over a period of 2 hours. It was the only medication in my system.

November 7, 2011 9:13 PM

I took one tablet 12 hours ago and have been feeling very sick ever since. My nose is running, coughing and feeling terrible as if I had a bad cold. Not taking any more!

October 31, 2011 4:55 PM

Review by Bob1927:

Very effective for the sinus congestion and sinus drip. However, continuous use resulted in leg cramps at night. Interfered with sleep. Research says that it can reduce blood flow to legs.

September 21, 2011 4:25 PM

This medicine made me sick. I took one 12 hour slow release tablet with a large glass of water and it's a week later and I still feel nauseated.

April 11, 2011 1:10 PM

This helped with a nasty cold when other OTC mixtures (with less guaifenesin) did not work. The 600mg tab has almost no side effects, though once in a while can make me feel woozy. Made a huge difference in loosening phlegm, helping me sleep, reduced coughing so my vocal chords are not as irritated. Also, my nasal passages cleared up significantly the first day I took it. It's important NOT to split the tab, it is hard to swallow, but it's formulated as sustained-release. It can't do it's job over 12 hours unless it is taken whole. Also, drinking lots of fluids (not coffee, tea) does help. Miracle drug (Mucinex)!

August 10, 2009 9:23 PM