User Reviews for Guaifenesin

Also known as: Air Power, Allfen Jr, Altarussin, Altorant, Amibid LA, Anti-Tuss, Aquamist, Balminil Expectorant, Beechams Veno's Expectorant, Beechams Veno's for Kids Chesty Cough, Benylin E, Bidex-400, Breonesin, Bronchoril, Buckley's Chest Congestion, Calmylin Expectorant, Diabetic Expectorant, Diabetic Tuss, Diabetic Tussin Mucus Relief, Dristan Chesty Cough, Dristan Chesty Cough Guaiphenesin, Drituss G, Duratuss G, Family Meltus Chesty Coughs, Fenesin, Fenesin IR, Fenex-LA, G Bid, Ganidin NR, Genatuss, GG 200 NR, GG-Cen, Glytuss, Gua-SR, Guaiatussin, Guaibid-LA, Guaifen NR, Guaifenesin LA, Guaifenex G, Guaifenex LA, Guiacough, Guiadrine G-1200, Guiatuss, Halotussin, Help I Have Chest Congestion, Hill's Balsam Chesty Cough, Humavent LA, Humibid, Humibid E, Humibid Pediatric, Humigen LA, Hytuss, Iodrol NR, Iofen, Iofen-NF, Iophen NR, Jackson's Extra Strength All Fours, Jackson's The Original All Fours, Junior Meltus Chesty Coughs with Catarrh, Junior Meltus Colour and Sugar Free Expectorant, Kenkay Chesty Cough Eexpectorant, Lemsip Cough Chesty, Liqufruta Garlic Cough Medicine, Liquibid, Liquidbid 1200, Liquidbid LA, Lotussin, Mastussin, Mucaplex, Mucinex, Mucinex Children's Chest Congestion, Mucinex for Kids, Muco-Fen, Muco-Fen 1200, Muco-Fen 800, Muco-Fen LA, Mucobid-LA, Mucus Relief, Mytussin, Naldecon-EX Senior, Nirolex Chesty Cough, Nyal Chesty Cough, Organ-1 NR, Organidin NR, Phanasin, Pharmacist Expectorant, Pneumomist, Q-Bid LA, Q-Tussin, Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief, Ri-Tussin, Robafen, Robichem, Robitussin Chest Congestion, Robitussin Mucus + Chest Congestion, Scot-Tussin Expectorant, Siltuss DAS, Siltussin, Siltussin DAS-NA, Sinumist, Sorbutuss, Strepsils Chesty Cough, T-Tussin, Tixylix Chesty Cough, Touro EX, Tusscidin, Tussin, Tussin Expectorant, Xpect

Learn more about Guaifenesin.

Guaifenesin review summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 969 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Guaifenesin to treat Cough

Review by Sickgranny: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin): I had runny nose, blocked ears, headache, sore throat with mucus, Its great! I took one pill and saw relief, so 4 hours later I took the second one. Now I am wide awake. It's almost 4 am. Take it earlier.

June 9, 2013 3:49 AM
Review by Lar999: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin): Works ok, but for serious cough problems get prescription level medicine. Does help bring up phlegm. drink lots of water, will help bring up the mucus faster.

June 7, 2013 3:02 PM
Review by sutraquio (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin): Actually I was using Mucinex to control a nagging night time cough. Although I had extreme pain in my ankles and legs EVERY SINGLE DAY, I never dreamed that Mucinex would have any effect as to helping that. I took a dose of the Mucinex FastMax just before I went to bed and WOW, no cough AND no leg pain at all that night, at last I was pain free! I know it had to be the Mucinex because absolutely nothing else had made a difference! I will keep some on hand to use from now on. I hope this helps someone else also. Thank you.

May 3, 2013 7:05 AM
Review by LG131: User Rating:

guaifenesin: Worked wonders for helping upper airway congestion! HOWEVER extreme disturbing dreams felt like I was going crazy! Dizzy and scatter brained, this was about 10 hours after taking 1.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 28, 2013 9:53 AM
Review by Grateful in Fremont: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin): I was advised by a screening nurse to take Mucinex for a particularly persistent cough with a lot of phelgm. After about a week of taking Mucinex, my cough was slightly better, but I noticed that my endometriosis had subsided! I have been suffering from endometriosis for the past 20 years...tried eveything (Nafarelin, birth control bills, laparoscopic surgery, pregnancy, Lupron depot, ovariohysterectomy) and nothing helped the pain...I felt like my urinary bladder was under constant pressure and the only relief was immediately after urinating, but the pain would immediately return. I saw several urologists and they tried treating me for overactive bladder and interstitial cystitis, but the only definitive diagnosis was endometriosis.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 4, 2012 5:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin): About and hour and a half after taking one Mucinex DM I developed severe dizziness, drowsiness, bad intestinal cramps, vomiting and diarrhea that recurred over a period of 2 hours. It was the only medication in my system.

November 7, 2011 9:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin): I took one tablet 12 hours ago and have been feeling very sick ever since. My nose is running, coughing and feeling terrible as if I had a bad cold. Not taking any more!

October 31, 2011 4:55 PM
Review by Bob1927: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin): Very effective for the sinus congestion and sinus drip. However, continuous use resulted in leg cramps at night. Interfered with sleep. Research says that it can reduce blood flow to legs.

September 21, 2011 4:25 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin): This medicine made me sick. I took one 12 hour slow release tablet with a large glass of water and it's a week later and I still feel nauseated.

April 11, 2011 1:10 PM
Review by Not at night!: User Rating:

guaifenesin: My Doctor recommended Mucinex a year ago and I tried it and the results were like speed for me. I could not sleep while on this stuff. So I tried something else. Finally realized I can not take anything with Guaifenesin in it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 30, 2010 1:25 AM
Review by tuzza: User Rating:

Duratuss G (guaifenesin): If you have spent money on Mucinex, etc then you will appreciate Duratuss G even more for the lower cost and better job!

December 3, 2009 1:12 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin): This helped with a nasty cold when other OTC mixtures (with less guaifenesin) did not work. The 600mg tab has almost no side effects, though once in a while can make me feel woozy. Made a huge difference in loosening phlegm, helping me sleep, reduced coughing so my vocal chords are not as irritated. Also, my nasal passages cleared up significantly the first day I took it. It's important NOT to split the tab, it is hard to swallow, but it's formulated as sustained-release. It can't do it's job over 12 hours unless it is taken whole. Also, drinking lots of fluids (not coffee, tea) does help. Miracle drug (Mucinex)!

August 10, 2009 9:23 PM
Review by Otto_S: User Rating:

guaifenesin: I had Asthma diagnosis for 3 years. I was taking drugs like Flonase, Advair and Antihistamines almost continuously. After I found guaifenesin 3 years ago it got rid off all asthma symptoms. I am not taking any asthma medications any more, only guaifenesin.

May 10, 2009 4:07 PM

guaifenesin: Good medicine.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 23, 2009 6:20 PM
Review by epink1228: User Rating:

guaifenesin: I was taking prescription medicines for allergy symptoms and could not get a refill due to health insurance. My mom suggested Mucinex DM which contains 1200mg Guaifenesin- what a huge help. More so than the prescription medicines I had been taking for over two years.

January 26, 2009 12:29 PM