Mucinex Maximum StrengthPronunciation
Generic Name: guaifenesin
Dosage Form: tablet, extended release
Active ingredient (in each extended-release bi-layer tablet)
Guaifenesin 1200 mg
helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Do not use
- for children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not crush, chew, or break tablet
- take with a full glass of water
- this product can be administered without regard for the timing of meals
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 1 tablet every 12 hours. Do not exceed 2 tablets in 24 hours.
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- tamper evident: do not use if carton is open or if printed seal on blister is broken or missing
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
carbomer 934P, NF; FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake; hypromellose, USP; magnesium stearate, NF; microcrystalline cellulose, NF; sodium starch glycolate, NF
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser Inc.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 1200 mg Tablet Carton
1200 mg guaifenesin extended-release bi-layer tablets
- Thins And Loosens Mucus
- Relieves Chest Congestion
28 EXTENDED-RELEASE BI-LAYER TABLETS
|MUCINEX MAXIMUM STRENGTH
guaifenesin tablet, extended release
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser, Inc. (094405024)|
More about guaifenesin
- Guaifenesin (AHFS Monograph)
- Guaifenesin NR (FDA)
- Guaifenesin Tablets (FDA)
- Guaifenesin(Glyceryl Guaiacolate) (Wolters Kluwer)