Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Guaifenesin

Also known as: Air Power, Allfen Jr, Altarussin, Altorant, Amibid LA, Anti-Tuss, Aquamist, Balminil Expectorant, Beechams Veno's Expectorant, Beechams Veno's for Kids Chesty Cough, Benylin E, Bidex-400, Breonesin, Bronchoril, Buckley's Chest Congestion, Calmylin Expectorant, Diabetic Expectorant, Diabetic Tuss, Diabetic Tussin Mucus Relief, Dristan Chesty Cough, Dristan Chesty Cough Guaiphenesin, Drituss G, Duratuss G, Family Meltus Chesty Coughs, Fenesin, Fenesin IR, Fenex-LA, G Bid, Ganidin NR, Genatuss, GG 200 NR, GG-Cen, Glytuss, Gua-SR, Guaiatussin, Guaibid-LA, Guaifen NR, Guaifenesin LA, Guaifenex G, Guaifenex LA, Guiacough, Guiadrine G-1200, Guiatuss, Halotussin, Help I Have Chest Congestion, Hill's Balsam Chesty Cough, Humavent LA, Humibid, Humibid E, Humibid Pediatric, Humigen LA, Hytuss, Iodrol NR, Iofen, Iofen-NF, Iophen NR, Jackson's Extra Strength All Fours, Jackson's The Original All Fours, Junior Meltus Chesty Coughs with Catarrh, Junior Meltus Colour and Sugar Free Expectorant, Kenkay Chesty Cough Eexpectorant, Lemsip Cough Chesty, Liqufruta Garlic Cough Medicine, Liquibid, Liquidbid 1200, Liquidbid LA, Lotussin, Mastussin, Mucaplex, Mucinex, Mucinex Children's Chest Congestion, Mucinex for Kids, Muco-Fen, Muco-Fen 1200, Muco-Fen 800, Muco-Fen LA, Mucobid-LA, Mucus Relief, Mytussin, Naldecon-EX Senior, Nirolex Chesty Cough, Nyal Chesty Cough, Organ-1 NR, Organidin NR, Phanasin, Pharmacist Expectorant, Pneumomist, Q-Bid LA, Q-Tussin, Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief, Ri-Tussin, Robafen, Robichem, Robitussin Chest Congestion, Robitussin Mucus + Chest Congestion, Scot-Tussin Expectorant, Siltuss DAS, Siltussin, Siltussin DAS-NA, Sinumist, Sorbutuss, Strepsils Chesty Cough, T-Tussin, Tixylix Chesty Cough, Touro EX, Tusscidin, Tussin, Tussin Expectorant, Xpect

Learn more about Guaifenesin.

Bronchitis 22 reviews 276 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 139 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Guaifenesin reviews 67 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Guaifenesin

Review by cartown48 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

guaifenesin for Bronchitis: I have bronchial Asthma, I thought I I had bronchitis, I took Guaifenesin for it, it felt like my bronchials were closing up on me, I had to call my dr to tell him to get me prednisone. I took just a half tab of Guaifenesin before I went to bed, I woke up spasing, I couldn't breath. I had a do a couple of nebulizer treatments, take a prednisone to open me up. I called my doctor, he said don't take it anymore.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2014 1:53 PM
Review by Ninasell198: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Fibromyalgia: I also take Mucinex and have since 2003. As I have read the reviews I have not read any mention of having to remove salicylates from all topical products. Been on Guiafenesin for 10 years and has helped me greatly.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2014 11:05 PM
Review by Fibromel: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Fibromyalgia: I had a terrible experience with Mucinex. I followed the protocol for just over 1 month hoping to feel some relief but I felt really heavy, like I had a bad flu, and had worse pain. I think most people are experiencing relief so give it a shot; it just didn't help me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2014 2:16 PM
Review by SaraJF (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: I took Mucinex for a bad case of bronchitis. It worked very well and I was finally able to stop coughing and start breathing again. The only problem was that it interfered with my sleep. I was awake most of the night and was not tired the next day. I had to quit taking it.

March 4, 2014 6:07 AM
Review by melroseave: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: Took this medication for a chest cough before I went to bed. Woke up in the night with severe nausea and felt dizzy. Tried it again a week later and same happened. I know other people who swear by it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 23, 2014 8:14 AM
Review by CallMeJane (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

guaifenesin for Fibromyalgia: Suffered with pain and fatigue entire adult life, but in 2008 I was bedridden from fibromyalgia & fatigue. This is not a quick fix, nor is it a cure. It is a treatment I will use for the rest of my life. The protocol is complicated and can be expensive, depending on your required dose. I had eat a low-carb diet to control my fatigue. Each year since 2008 has been measurably better. This protocol is most difficult for the "natural" crowd - no herbal supplements, must avoid most "natural" skin products - but for me it has been well worth it. I am stronger and in less pain than when I started this. Most important, I am not bedridden.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 27, 2013 7:25 PM
Review by nascar18 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: Mucinex is great and it works well but whatever you do, DO NOT take it on an empty stomach. I did this morning and as the day went by I kept feeling worse and worse. When I finally got the chance to eat something, my stomach was so upset that it just came right back up. Again, its a great medication but eat something before taking it.

November 22, 2013 6:24 PM
Review by Stacie Jung: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Fibromyalgia: I have been in terrible and increasing pain since last September. I have had hip and spinal X-rays and MRIs and they show slight arthritis and little else. I had an injection of cortisone in my left hip and now the doctor is recommending a shot to my spine. The pain is so bad, that lately I've been reduced to tears. I went from surfing in August to hobbling in September and the doctors treat me like I'm this no activity couch potato who deserves to feel horrible because I'm getting old and I need to lose weight. Sure I do, I've gained 30 pounds in the last year because I can barely walk. Well, I tried Guaifenesin this afternoon because and it made me fall asleep, and when I woke up, THE PAIN WAS GONE!

June 20, 2013 5:29 PM
Review by Sickgranny: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: I had runny nose, blocked ears, headache, sore throat with mucus, Its great! I took one pill and saw relief, so 4 hours later I took the second one. Now I am wide awake. It's almost 4 am. Take it earlier.

June 9, 2013 3:49 AM
Review by Lar999: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: Works ok, but for serious cough problems get prescription level medicine. Does help bring up phlegm. drink lots of water, will help bring up the mucus faster.

June 7, 2013 3:02 PM
Review by fibro(my)gia on facebook (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Fibromyalgia: I regained my life by following the guaifenesin protocol. You MUST take single ingredient guaifenesin with no added meds in order to be safe!

May 22, 2013 6:47 PM
Review by Trout Lover (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

guaifenesin for Fibromyalgia: A few years ago I took Mucinex for a cough before going on a hike. I noticed that after the hike I didn't hurt as much and my recovery time was much shorter. I had bad leg and back pain at the time. A few months ago I got Q-Tussin for a cough. Wow! For the first time in years I had the desire to clean the house and I was able to. I looked up other uses for guaifenesin and there it was - it helps with fibromyalgia. I have since been diagnosed with fibro and I try to take the 600 mg of Mucinex twice a day. It may not work for everyone but it makes me a functioning human being again. I am much happier, in less pain, and my irritable bowel syndrome has cleared up.

May 22, 2013 3:56 PM
Review by sutraquio (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: Actually I was using Mucinex to control a nagging night time cough. Although I had extreme pain in my ankles and legs EVERY SINGLE DAY, I never dreamed that Mucinex would have any effect as to helping that. I took a dose of the Mucinex FastMax just before I went to bed and WOW, no cough AND no leg pain at all that night, at last I was pain free! I know it had to be the Mucinex because absolutely nothing else had made a difference! I will keep some on hand to use from now on. I hope this helps someone else also. Thank you.

May 3, 2013 7:05 AM
Review by mixbrix (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

guaifenesin for Bronchitis: After 33 radiation treatments of throat for cancer, the mucus situation had gotten ridiculous. Sometimes it would actually make it hard to breath. Doctor prescribed Guaifenesin, and it's worked wonders! The prescribed dosage for me is 600 mg 3 to 4 times a day.

May 1, 2013 9:36 AM
Review by dotsbaby: User Rating:

guaifenesin for Bronchitis: Guaifenesin is great for my bronchitis. But, I have learned, that whether I take the liquid or tablet, I must eat 1st. If I take this on an empty stomach, which is what I did about an hour ago, I have such a reaction it almost puts me on my knees. Luckily, within 15 mins of realizing what was going on, I was able to get something to eat. The 1st reaction was almost 20 years ago with the liquid, I ended up in the ER. I didn't know what was wrong. Today I took a pill on an empty stomach & my stomach began to cramp severely within a short time. This was a sinus/mucous relief tablet with guaifenesin. I'm okay now, but do not take guaifenesin on empty stomach! You don't want to try it first. I'll keep taking it, but eating first.

April 24, 2013 10:36 AM
Review by Bronchitis Bob: User Rating:

guaifenesin for Bronchitis: When I was using it in cough syrup without measuring it, I sometimes got a headache. However, taking the recommended maximum dose of 6 tablets per day (that is, every 4 hours), I have had no side effects except for a bit of mental fuzziness. It really helps me to expectorate thick mucus. A great side benefit is not having to endure that horrible taste that guaifenesin has! Very inexpensive (less than 15 cents per day) and very helpful for non-productive cough!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 30, 2013 2:52 PM
Review by LG131: User Rating:

guaifenesin for Cough: Worked wonders for helping upper airway congestion! HOWEVER extreme disturbing dreams felt like I was going crazy! Dizzy and scatter brained, this was about 10 hours after taking 1.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 28, 2013 9:53 AM
Review by JessUhCuh: User Rating:

guaifenesin for Bronchitis: This medicine works wonders! I'd defitnitely give it a 10 had it not gave me a bit of upset stomach. I think I may have been taking too much. I will continue to take this medication anytime I feel needed. I get it at Wal-mart. Mucus doesn't stand a chance when it comes to Guaifenesin!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2012 9:51 AM
Review by viannep1961 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Fibromyalgia: This is the only medicine that helped take care of the symptoms I had from Fibromyalgia, with no side effects

August 13, 2012 4:51 PM
Review by LivingWithFibro: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Fibromyalgia: I was diagnosed at 20 and put on muscle relaxers and pain killers that did nothing more than immobilize me. I read about the guaifenesin treatment and asked my doctor for a prescription. I started at 1200mg extended release 2x daily. FINALLY I had my life back. When Mucinex took away the generic option, I dropped to 600mg 2x daily, and it still does the trick. 12 years later, I still swear by it. I have occasional set backs, but I always bounce back within a week.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 18, 2012 10:05 PM
Review by Grateful in Fremont: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: I was advised by a screening nurse to take Mucinex for a particularly persistent cough with a lot of phelgm. After about a week of taking Mucinex, my cough was slightly better, but I noticed that my endometriosis had subsided! I have been suffering from endometriosis for the past 20 years...tried eveything (Nafarelin, birth control bills, laparoscopic surgery, pregnancy, Lupron depot, ovariohysterectomy) and nothing helped the pain...I felt like my urinary bladder was under constant pressure and the only relief was immediately after urinating, but the pain would immediately return. I saw several urologists and they tried treating me for overactive bladder and interstitial cystitis, but the only definitive diagnosis was endometriosis.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 4, 2012 5:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: This med works great for congestion associated with a cold. As someone else stated... It does give you some really strange dreams though!

February 26, 2012 10:50 AM
Review by robert-sydney: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Fibromyalgia: Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia, mayofascial pain, IBS. Went through nerve studies etc and muscle biopsy. Finally told I had severe fibromyalgia. The problem was that it was progressing every month. I became suicidal due to pain levels, couldn't walk 10 meters. It saves lives. I might not have the fibromyalgia type you have but this medicine saved my life and if you think spending $30 to try it is a waste then it means you did not suffer enough. I lost it all, wife, home, job but a simple flu tablet got me back everything and it even took my eczema, IBS I had for years. God bless those who came up with that theory. Theory might be wrong but it does the job.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 24, 2012 7:03 AM

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Fibromyalgia: It works. I have not had 100% relief but this is the first 4 consecutive days I have been able to go without some type of pain medicine. Neurontin worked for me as well but it made me sleepy and irritable. I'm taking a good vitamin as well but I attribute this profound relief to Mucinex- 600mg daily.

February 15, 2012 5:50 AM
Review by wildbreeze: User Rating:

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Fibromyalgia: I posted almost 2 months ago. I've been taking Mucinex since then for the fibromyalgia pain (I am not a creature of habit and have a hard time remembering to take any medication but I don't miss it!) I can sincerely say that it continues to work - progressively better - and I find it hard to believe it myself! Pain in my right shoulder that I've had for over 15 years has quietly disappeared. I no longer sleep with a pillow between my knees, and I have so much less pain bending over, etc. I also don't have to clear my throat constantly in the morning like I did so it works great on mucus too. I really didn't expect the results to continue. If you have pain like me, give it a try. No bad effects. I hope it works for you.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 20, 2011 10:02 PM