User Reviews for Golimumab

Also known as: Simponi, Simponi Aria

Learn more about Golimumab.

Ulcerative Colitis 2 reviews 186 medications

Psoriatic Arthritis 10 reviews 58 medications

6.9
Summary of Golimumab reviews 46 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Golimumab

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Started Simponi in February and so far nothing has changed, still pain, swelling and disease getting worse. I hope you never have a problem with an injection because the people at Jensen who are there to help are clueless."

Occams Zebra April 15, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Well, I would like to say Simponi has been very effective for me. From my first shot to the sixth the shot I just received this month the Simponi removed my symptons of AS to the point where I feel normal. Before being diagnosed and receiving Simponi I was in pain constantly and taking meds that were basically for gout which what I was being treated for before my diagnosis for AS. One month the doc tried Remicade but it was ineffective for me. The Simponi has given me back normality at least in the sense of physical well-being. It has been wonderful for me and my family as they don't have to worry about helping me when I have symptoms of swelling and pain. In fact I noticed that When i get scratches my wounds even heal faster. Thanks,"

Patrick John (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am a male age 28 with RA. I was diagnosed with RA at age 23. I suffer pain primarily in my toes. For a newly married athlete at age 23, the pain from RA and the thought of living the rest of my life crippled with pain - took a huge toll on me. I felt ashamed as a man and as a husband/potential father. Fortunately, I have had great Docs work hard to help me get well. I have been on plaquenil, sulfazalazine, methotrexate, enbrel, cimzia, and simponi. Each med had some positive results but some had harsh negative side effects too. Like many of us- I want to be on as little medicine as possible - but still manage my pain. Simponi has solved my riddle. I am so pleased to be pain free and on only 1 med now - Simponi. Thank you!"

Andygrass (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2016

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "It seemed to work well for me right from the start. I had been on Remicade previously but I had to quit due to losing my insurance. By the time I went to Simponi I was hurting pretty bad. Unfortunately, it stopped working after a while (18 months) but that has been my personal experience with Biologics. When it worked, it worked well."

Kevin Bx October 12, 2015

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had to take Simponi for a brief time due to a change in insurance. I was taking Enbrel previously and was almost symptom free. Simponi did not help my RA at all! I took it once a week for about 8 weeks. I decided to pay the extra monthly expense for the Enbrel!"

Unsatisfied customer September 15, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I started Simponi on November last year. I started noticing a rash on my face but I never relate it to the use of the med. Two weeks ago my dermatologist told me I have this weird reaction called mucinosis , which when not treated properly can lead to a lymphoma. I was feeling awesome with simponi so far cause the pain of my RA was gone but now I just don't want to use it anymore."

Martinica28 August 8, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Spondyloarthritis: "Been on this for 2 and a half months. After the second injection, I went 13 days without taking any Norco or Soma whereas I typically took one a day and two a day respectively. It took a bit to get my insurance to cover it, but I had a severe reaction to Humira allowing me to. Amazingly it seems to work even better than my enbrel at 11 weeks."

gmoro0002 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have now just taken my 4th injection, I'm as bad as I was if not worse than when I was first diagnosed. I can barely walk, have swelling in my toes, feet and ankles, as well as my left knee. Also in my elbows, wrists, hands and fingers ... I have bad psoriasis on my scalp. I don't think this medication is very good at all and have shown no response to the previous 3 doses and this dose I have been nauseous every since taking it .. I was on Humira previously for about 5 years but I stopped responding and Embrel I had really bad reactions too ... Hoping for something new when I go back to specialist end of month"

Piparmaru (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Works Great"

Joey9876 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Amazing. I noticed a difference after my first infusion, So thankful to have the use of my hands back (musician). No side effects at all."

ark drummer June 5, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Recent colonoscopy confirmed no active inflammation. Experiencing no side-effects. Painless self-injector administered very 4 weeks. The Only minor difficulties are dealing with the specialty pharmacy and properly disposing of the injectors."

Ohlz (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2015

Simponi Aria (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I think it makes me sad. This was my 3rd dose and I'm almost suicidal."

Anonymous May 17, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Had a major flare up back in April that almost lead to emergency Colonectomy. Hospitalized for 19 days straight, was in 2 different hospitals lost about half my bodies blood and 50 lbs over 6 months time. 1st doctor put me on many of the wrong medications as the disease was too severe. Starting out on Lialda, Uceris then up to Remicade which started to work for about a week and then Prednisone which was horrible. When I was in the 2nd hospital I had another Doctor prescribe Simponi and it took a while but is working for sure. I went from 20 times a day of red to 1 - 3 times a day (clear water)."

Backfromthe Brink (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Good for the first 3 years but starting to loose its effectiveness. Very expensive most insurance company refuses to cover the cost. So it's great if you are wealthy or have great insurance."

Texan3 January 11, 2015

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been on Simponi since five years ago. The medicine has been a miracle. I did notice the effect only after one or two weeks. After five years I have started to have increased pain and I think the effect of the medicine is loosing. However, Simponi has changed my life completely. From hard attacked by Bekterew, I have now been running and cycling (100 km) competition for many years."

Frode J (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2014

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Started taking Simponi in November of 2013. I got full use of one hand back and about 80% on the other in 4 days. I was diagnosed in 2002 and disabled by 2003. I've used Humira, Enbrel, and Remicade all with some success but I continued to get worse. The infusion wears off around 5 to 6 weeks. This last infusion of Simponi was my best yet. My next infusion is tomorrow 6/23/14. Really need it too."

still kickin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2014

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My rheumatoid arthritis developed about three years ago and was very severe .. very debilitating. Walked at tortoise-pace, couldn't do anything around the house. I've now been on Simponi golimumab prefilled syringes for almost that long, in conjunction with weekly injections of methotrexate and 4 tablets of Pyralin and one Plaquenil daily and really feel back to my old (now nearly 70) self. Can walk, chop wood, even play nine holes of golf again. "

Anthony jhc May 1, 2014

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I have been suffering from ankylosing spondylitis for quite a number of years. In the past 3 years it has become very severe, and has made me feel very ill, thus inhibiting my quality of life. I haven't been able to hold down a long term job because of this arthritis. I took Humira initially which didn't work at all. I then tried Simponi, with quite good results. Morning stiffness and pain throughout the day had been significantly decreased. However it seemed to wear off after around 10 days or so. I bared the usual pain for a week or so, before I injected myself again 3 weeks later, instead of four. Hopefully my specialist will allow me to take it every 2 weeks instead of the usual 4 week injections."

drewblue April 7, 2014

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Having suffered with Ankylosing Spondylitis for 10 years and with vast peaks and troughs in pain and the awful Methotrexate for 4 years with loads of side effects, I can honestly report Simponi has simply transformed my life. It's reduced swelling so well on my once sore toes I have excess skin, I'm running and active, I don't get any morning stiffness and NO SIDE EFFECTS thus far, it has cleared up my Psoriasis as well which sometimes returns towards the end of a month as you'd expect. The delivery method is far superior to methotrexate."

Craig Gunn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2014

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I have had severe and debilitating whole back/shoulder/neck pain since I was 17 - I'm now 27 and have always been very active. I was given Vimovo, which did not help all that much; and although Ibuprofen did help more (though not entirely), it was more dangerous for long-term use. I had a false positive for the TB skin test - if this happens to you, ask for the TB Quanteferon test - it was $90 out of pocket, but came back with a 100% negative test result and I was able to take my first injection within that week - it's sad because I had the false positive in Oct 2013 and had to wait until mid-Feb 2014 to start on Simponi. Simponi itself is wonderful. Within hours, I felt no pain at all and had no side-effects. I can put on socks again!"

Noto (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2014

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I took Simponi for 8 months before stopping to get pregnant with my son. All of my symptoms had disappeared and I was 100% flare up free. However, after having my little guy and starting the Simponi injections again I have not had any relief to my psoriasis and have experienced 2 flare ups even after upping my dose to every 3 weeks. How can it have worked so well and now not well at all. I have requested an appointment with my rheumatologist to discuss other biologic medicines."

jenniclarke February 7, 2014

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was also hit hard with rheumatoid arthritis in 2011. Tried prednisone, followed by methotrexate pills, Arava and others, nothing helped. In 2012 I was put on Humira which helped a lot for a few months, but not enough. Since January 2013 I use Simponi along with 0.8 ml methotrexate injections, and it has given me back my quality of life. After 1 1/2 years I could bend my pinky finger again, wow! For me the change was subtle, but very effective. I tried alternative meds etc. after being diagnosed and didn't want to take this route, but honestly I cannot live without it. For me it works, it's a miracle."

RA user November 20, 2013

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Simponi helps me so much. I take 2 shots per month. I Washington diagnosed about 7 or 8 years after mycket first signs of illness. Ive had it very hard. I get oxycontin when i have it too hard. But all in all, simponi is The best. I got a new life with it. Works as a chef, and without simponi i would not. I live in sweden, so i only pay about $300 a year. Or else i would have to pay ALOT. like $4000 per month. The negatives with this med, you cancer get alot of crap from it. But the pain i had before was crazy. Thank you my sweet Dr."

Johan W (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 27, 2013

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was hit hard with rheumatoid arthritis in March 2012 and practically disabled by May. I couldn't tolerate methotrexate or Enbrel due to reactions. I started Simponi in October with 20mg Arava. It has given me my life back! I literally don't hurt at all most days! After nine months, I did develop a bad case of Palmer Planter Psoriasis as a side effect. Yet, I still want Simponi! That's how much it's improved my quality if life. The pens are easy to use and don't hurt compared to Enbrel. I've had no other reactions besides a shaky feeling on first month only."

LisaInUSA October 9, 2013

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been taking Simponi Injections for over a year now. It works better than Humira. I also take Methotrexate which has my hair coming out. I was taking 4pills every week, now I'm taking 3 pills every week. I'm 39 years old and my hair is coming out even when I just have it braided. I love the Simponi. I know when it's time to take it again though."

SLD08 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2013