User Reviews for Golimumab

Also known as: Simponi, Simponi Aria

Learn more about Golimumab.

Ankylosing Spondylitis 9 reviews 140 medications

Ulcerative Colitis 0 reviews 74 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Golimumab reviews 31 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Golimumab

Review by still kickin (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Started taking Simponi in November of 2013. I got full use of one hand back and about 80% on the other in 4 days. I was diagnosed in 2002 and disabled by 2003. I've used Humira, Enbrel, and Remicade all with some success but I continued to get worse. The infusion wears off around 5 to 6 weeks. This last infusion of Simponi was my best yet. My next infusion is tomorrow 6/23/14. Really need it too.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Anthony jhc:

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: My rheumatoid arthritis developed about three years ago and was very severe .. very debilitating. Walked at tortoise-pace, couldn't do anything around the house. I've now been on Simponi golimumab prefilled syringes for almost that long, in conjunction with weekly injections of methotrexate and 4 tablets of Pyralin and one Plaquenil daily and really feel back to my old (now nearly 70) self. Can walk, chop wood, even play nine holes of golf again.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2014 1:07 AM

Review by drewblue:

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I have been suffering from ankylosing spondylitis for quite a number of years. In the past 3 years it has become very severe, and has made me feel very ill, thus inhibiting my quality of life. I haven't been able to hold down a long term job because of this arthritis. I took Humira initially which didn't work at all. I then tried Simponi, with quite good results. Morning stiffness and pain throughout the day had been significantly decreased. However it seemed to wear off after around 10 days or so. I bared the usual pain for a week or so, before I injected myself again 3 weeks later, instead of four. Hopefully my specialist will allow me to take it every 2 weeks instead of the usual 4 week injections.

April 7, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Craig Gunn (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Having suffered with Ankylosing Spondylitis for 10 years and with vast peaks and troughs in pain and the awful Methotrexate for 4 years with loads of side effects, I can honestly report Simponi has simply transformed my life. It's reduced swelling so well on my once sore toes I have excess skin, I'm running and active, I don't get any morning stiffness and NO SIDE EFFECTS thus far, it has cleared up my Psoriasis as well which sometimes returns towards the end of a month as you'd expect. The delivery method is far superior to methotrexate.

March 25, 2014 8:32 AM

Review by Noto (taken for less than 1 month):

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I have had severe and debilitating whole back/shoulder/neck pain since I was 17 - I'm now 27 and have always been very active. I was given Vimovo, which did not help all that much; and although Ibuprofen did help more (though not entirely), it was more dangerous for long-term use. I had a false positive for the TB skin test - if this happens to you, ask for the TB Quanteferon test - it was $90 out of pocket, but came back with a 100% negative test result and I was able to take my first injection within that week - it's sad because I had the false positive in Oct 2013 and had to wait until mid-Feb 2014 to start on Simponi. Simponi itself is wonderful. Within hours, I felt no pain at all and had no side-effects. I can put on socks again!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by jenniclarke:

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I took Simponi for 8 months before stopping to get pregnant with my son. All of my symptoms had disappeared and I was 100% flare up free. However, after having my little guy and starting the Simponi injections again I have not had any relief to my psoriasis and have experienced 2 flare ups even after upping my dose to every 3 weeks. How can it have worked so well and now not well at all. I have requested an appointment with my rheumatologist to discuss other biologic medicines.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by RA user:

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was also hit hard with rheumatoid arthritis in 2011. Tried prednisone, followed by methotrexate pills, Arava and others, nothing helped. In 2012 I was put on Humira which helped a lot for a few months, but not enough. Since January 2013 I use Simponi along with 0.8 ml methotrexate injections, and it has given me back my quality of life. After 1 1/2 years I could bend my pinky finger again, wow! For me the change was subtle, but very effective. I tried alternative meds etc. after being diagnosed and didn't want to take this route, but honestly I cannot live without it. For me it works, it's a miracle.

November 20, 2013 1:50 PM

Review by Johan W (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Simponi helps me so much. I take 2 shots per month. I Washington diagnosed about 7 or 8 years after mycket first signs of illness. Ive had it very hard. I get oxycontin when i have it too hard. But all in all, simponi is The best. I got a new life with it. Works as a chef, and without simponi i would not. I live in sweden, so i only pay about $300 a year. Or else i would have to pay ALOT. like $4000 per month. The negatives with this med, you cancer get alot of crap from it. But the pain i had before was crazy. Thank you my sweet Dr.

October 27, 2013 6:05 AM

Review by LisaInUSA:

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was hit hard with rheumatoid arthritis in March 2012 and practically disabled by May. I couldn't tolerate methotrexate or Enbrel due to reactions. I started Simponi in October with 20mg Arava. It has given me my life back! I literally don't hurt at all most days! After nine months, I did develop a bad case of Palmer Planter Psoriasis as a side effect. Yet, I still want Simponi! That's how much it's improved my quality if life. The pens are easy to use and don't hurt compared to Enbrel. I've had no other reactions besides a shaky feeling on first month only.

October 9, 2013 9:17 AM

Review by SLD08 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been taking Simponi Injections for over a year now. It works better than Humira. I also take Methotrexate which has my hair coming out. I was taking 4pills every week, now I'm taking 3 pills every week. I'm 39 years old and my hair is coming out even when I just have it braided. I love the Simponi. I know when it's time to take it again though.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2013 10:30 PM

Review by worked the best (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: No pain after second injection. 98% clear. Only side efferct so far is nausea at times. Love this so far. Humira and Enbrel caused bad site reactions.

July 6, 2013 11:54 AM

Review by Karl Mc:

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I had been taking methotrexate for almost a year with moderate results. My skin cleared almost 80%, and my joints improved approximately 60%, however each time I took my medication I felt really ill for 48 hours afterwards. It was depressing. Anyway my Rheumatologist recommended Simponi. Having read the side effects, etc. I was a little apprehensive about taking Simponi, but after meeting with the Simponi nurse I decided to go with it. After two shots (2 months) I felt a big difference, my joints were no longer stiff and I was almost pain free. After the fourth shot my skin has cleared to 95% and I have no stiffness in my joints. It really is working for me.

May 21, 2013 6:55 AM

Review by Thb:

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Simponi has helped my symptoms tremendously. I did not have to take methotrexate along with this. I am very happy to be almost pain free. But I do notice maybe psoriasis beginning on my scalp.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2013 12:42 AM

Review by edmohring (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Have been on Simponi for 6 months. Works great, and within 1-2 days. Was on methotrexate for many months and it did nothing. Then tried Humira for 1 month which worked well. Rheumatologist then switched me to Simponi. Monthly injection is much better than every two weeks (Humira). Unfortunately my insurance, Health Spring, refuses to cover it. Dr. has been giving me free samples of Simponi.

March 18, 2013 3:06 PM

Review by tngstubbs (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I have narcolepsy and ankylosing spondylitis, I also suspect that I have Psoriasis on my scalp, but haven't had it diagnosed officially yet. Simponi relieves some of the pain and discomfort from the AS and I usually have no lesions on my scalp while I am using the injection regularly. I also take 5 tabs of methotrexate weekly (along with all the side medication that goes along with these). I recently came down with a bad cold and was taken off these medicines temporarily. Immediately upon missing my injection my symptoms were back. The lesions started to appear on my scalp and are pretty bad. I would say that my quality of life has significantly improved since starting the Simponi about a year and a half ago. I take one injections per month.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2013 2:22 AM

Review by Mr Lucas (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I have been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis now for the last five years. I'm now 40 years old and it started to hit me quite hard after the age of 18 and started treatment on Humira at 35 first. Slack medical advice and thinking that I was fully cured, I stopped my treatment within 3 months my AS came back very strong as I was now working out 5 days a week in the gym. In Autstralia if you don't keep blood checks and things within certain times they strike you from the assistance hence my specialist has now put me on Simponi and all I can say is WOW. This stuff works and works well. I did notice very small signs of AS in the 4 weeks, which disappeared on the next injection. I found I had been given a new chance to live a normal life.

January 3, 2013 3:44 AM

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Second injection today, after first injection felt results in two weeks. I am very happy.

September 28, 2012 7:51 AM

Review by myke99516 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I was almost wheelchair bound, every joint in my body inflamed and lots of pain walking. Psoriasis was flaring too all over. The day I took my first shot I could feel the joints loosening and pain lessening. Within 6 months I was virtually pain free and completely mobile. 2 years now and I am riding my bike 25 miles a day and combined with light treatment my skin is 90% clear.

August 24, 2012 11:52 AM

Review by Anthony u:

Simponi (golimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I received all of the side effects.

November 2, 2011 4:24 PM

Simponi (golimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Was diagnosed with osteoporosis in 2000 and ankylosing spondylitis in 2003. I have been put on different medications for both. I have been on Simponi for about 6 months and have not noticed any improvement. It is easy to use but that is about all.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2011 3:36 PM

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am 3 weeks into my second dose of Simponi. Was on Enbrel for 4 1/2 yrs. with good results then it stopped working. the numerous side effects following my first dose came close to keeping me from trying a second month. this month i have had diarrhea for 3 weeks but that's an improvement over last month. joint pain, stiffness are better; but no effect on fatigue so far. It takes 6-8 weeks to know for sure how it will work. It is not possible to see results in hours or days. I have decided to try one more month since my next step is infusion mediciness.

April 9, 2011 12:39 AM

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Simponi felt like it was working the first 2 months. But my flare ups are still monthly and today after 6 months, my doctor said I am getting worse, and is taking me off Simponi. I am 53, have rheumatoid arthritis since 2007.

December 10, 2010 10:12 PM

Review by jdrebe:

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been on Simponi since 11/09. Took a couple of months to kick-in, and seems to wear off about the 3 1/2 weeks. Best results I have ever had. Did not use with Methotrexate due to had neuropathy symptoms when I take Methotrexate. I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 18 years and I am 55 years old, been on every RA medicine, Simponi is the best for me.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2010 5:48 PM

Review by Brian in BC:

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I started Simponi in April and have now had four injections. It worked the first night, my shoulder pain was gone and I have slept without pain since. I have had no reactions whatsoever. The drug has lasted the full month every time. In the month previous to my first injection I took 150 Tylenol 3's for the pain. In the 3 months since I have averaged 30 per month. My shoulders, wrists, hands, and knees are almost pain free with very little stiffness. I still can't work but at least I have my life back, thanks to Simponi. Methotrexate was too hard on my kidneys but I still take 20mg Arava every other day and Plaquenil and Diclofenac daily. I also take Ramipril for the raised blood pressure the drugs have caused.

July 28, 2010 4:28 PM

Review by tootie121055:

Simponi (golimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I started taking Simponi 4 days ago after a very severe flare-up. I am 54 years old and have had rheumatoid arthritis for 29 years. I was pretty much incapacitated with the pain. Two days ago I was able to resume my normal household chores and feel so much better! I really hope the effectiveness continues.

July 13, 2010 2:42 AM