User Reviews for Lescol

Learn more about Lescol.

High Cholesterol 0 reviews 41 medications

7.5
High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...vated LDL VLDL 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first

Reviews for Lescol

Review by Volunteer:

Lescol put me in the hospital for four days. Took the first pill and within 5 hours I was vomiting and had diarrhea for 2-1/2 hours. The second time I took it the same happened except now I was jaundiced and my bowel movements had no color.

December 20, 2009 4:16 PM

Lescol lowered my LDL cholesterol from 270 to 101, but my HDL remains at only 36. I am a 63 year old male . My doctor recently prescribed Simcor, a combination of Zocor and Niacin 500/20 , to try and raise the HDL. During tests over the last 8 years on Lescol my HDL has been anywhere from the present 36 to 40. My liver enzymes have been slightly high, but evidently not enough to concern my doctor. I have no muscle pain or weakness, but am also on blood pressure medicines, which make me feel tired and lethargic. Since I have depleted the types of BP medicines, I assume I will just have to live with it. Exercise helps this tiredness, but a bad back and nerves in my lower back and hip prevent much exercise.

August 31, 2008 12:56 AM