User Reviews for Veramyst

Learn more about Veramyst.

Nasal Polyps 3 reviews 5 medications

Hay Fever 4 reviews 869 medications

8.3
Rhinitis 8 reviews 128 medications

7.2
Summary of Veramyst reviews 15 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Veramyst

Review by Zumbazumbahey:

For Rhinitis: Heart arrhythmia - insomnia. I have taken this medicine intermittently over past two years, and realize a direct correlation with heart arrhythmia and insomnia.

January 18, 2014 1:40 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Rhinitis: Cleared up my stuffy nose within hours. Highly recommend.

December 11, 2012 8:44 PM

For Rhinitis: I have been using this product twice a day for several weeks. Other than a small amount of blood in nasal secretions, there have been no noticeable side effects. I have experienced decreased nasal congestion and improved breathing.

January 11, 2012 10:47 AM

For Hay Fever: Did not work for me. I didn't experience a stuffy nose caused by mucous after I started using it, but my nasal passages always felt swollen, dry and painful.

September 5, 2011 12:46 AM

For Rhinitis: Relieved some nasal pressure and drainage. After a month of continuous use, developed insomnia and muscle spasms around ear and eyelid areas. Discontinued use and after 2 weeks, these symptoms disappeared.

June 22, 2011 9:16 AM

For Hay Fever: After seeing a allergy specialist for a grass/tree pollen allergy, I switched from over the counter drugs [Claritin, Allegra] to Veramyst. It works great, and I do not experience negative side effects, such as nose bleed. If my eyes are itchy, I use Pataday eye drops.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2011 6:39 PM

Review by Wildsky:

For Nasal Polyps: I have extensive sinus disease and so many polyps that a CT could not pick up if part of my sinuses even existed anymore. I've also had 2 surgeries with no relief. My quality of life has been VERY poor. My ENT just put me on Veramyst and after 2 days I noticed a big relief. I don't feel like a colony of giant polyps are invading every orafice in my head. I haven't had a migraine, earache or retro-orbital headache in over a week. I haven't regained my sense of smell, however, I'm still discovering the pro's and con's of Veramyst. My neck, back and other body pain is worse but I don't know if that's because the focus has been taken off my face and head. Right now I'm just thankful for some relief and delaying frontal sinus obliteration.

November 4, 2010 2:24 AM

For Hay Fever: The product works great but the past 2 times I have bought it the click spray button only works when it want's to. Sometimes I can't get it to spray at all, like it's stuck.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2010 8:18 AM

Review by cloudscraper:

For Nasal Polyps: I had a FESS due to massive polyp growth which completely blocked my nasal passages - so I couldn't breath through the nose anymore. After the surgery I started taking Avamys (=Veramyst for Europe) for 6 months to prevent nasal polyp growing. First of all I have to say that I felt great relief. My nose never hurt, and I had no congestion or any other sinus problems. However after taking the spray for 3 consecutive months I felt that my nose got dry and I noticed some blood in my nasal secretion. In addition my eyes felt more sensitive and I felt more tired than usual but I have no clue if the last two effects were Avamys side effects. Avamys gave me relief in allergic rhinitis as well even though it didn't completely stop the symptoms.

February 13, 2010 10:51 AM

Review by sohela:

I took this medication for inflammation of my nose, and having hard time to breath and also nose dripping,. My doctor said I will see the result in one month, however I saw the result the very first time, today is the third day I used the drop. It is fantastic, the more I use it, the more I feel comfortable to breath. I loved it, breathing is much easier.

November 24, 2009 3:31 AM

For Hay Fever: Caused severe nose bleeds.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2009 10:49 AM

Review by Comic:

For Nasal Polyps: I had four polyps removed two years ago. My physician prescribed Veramyst. I have really enjoyed using this medication once daily during the two years. No sign of the polyps returning. In addition, during the four years I haven't had a cold or a sinus problem. Prior I would be bothered with sinus problems during the winter season. I recommend this spray and will continue to use it myself.

September 4, 2009 12:28 PM

For Rhinitis: Worked great in reducing my hay fever/rhinitus symptoms. However, headache present the 6th-8th day of use, some eye discomfort/sensitivity, and from 6th day on; small amount of blood present in nasal secretions. Although Veramyst reduced the intensity of my symptoms, (itchy/watery eyes, itchy/runny nose,) it did not completely rid me of those symptoms. Will probably discontinue use due to concern regarding headaches. For me, level of effectiveness probably not worth the side effects.

June 13, 2009 11:58 AM

Review by DB83:

For Rhinitis: I have seasonal allergies and Veramyst works great, with no noticeable side-effects, when I use it occasionally. However, a couple of times recently I have used it for 3 consecutive days and at that point I began to notice side effects. I've noticed increased heart-rate and slight pain in my eyes. But these do not seem to last more than a day, provided I do not use the Veramyst the following (4th) day.

April 30, 2009 2:16 PM

For Rhinitis: Had terrible head cold; Veramyst worked very well keeping sinuses dry and open. Also, this is the first nasal spray that did NOT irritate my nose/sinsuses. I'm happy after using for five days.

December 15, 2008 6:26 PM

Review by joyleemorr:

For Rhinitis: I've taken Veramyst for 11 days. My cavity fluid was "moderate." In one week the fluid was reduced to "small." A moderate amount of fluid is very uncomfortable to me, with shortness of breath and sinking oxygen level. Blood oxygen went from 91% to 96% in that first week of using Veramyst. It's now at 98%. A huge difference to me in how I feel with the moderate amount of fluid to the small amount. No side effects noted.

October 3, 2008 6:38 PM