User Reviews for Flonase

Learn more about Flonase.

Flonase Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 526 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Flonase to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"Since childhood I've had intense seasonal allergies. They get so bad that my throat itches terribly, my nose runs profusely then it clogs up completely. Worst of all is how bad my eyes get red and tear up and itch and hurt all the time. It's a nightmare allergy wise living in south Texas because of the cedar pollen. I did some research and saw that Flonase is a type of cortical steroid so I bought some. Kenalog40 shots have always been my savior but since I lost my insurance I'm stuck with OTC. Tried Flonase as per the instructions. Within days every allergy symptom but my itchy red and runny eyes went away. I waited two weeks but no relief for my eyes. After doubling the dosage my eyes cleared up and now I'm allergy free. Flonase rocks!"

JeffroDoe (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

"Flonase works as advertised. It especially stops the itching which is wonderful. The trouble is that it is not ergonomic. The container is too long. I am a female so I have small hands which makes it very hard to hold. It needs to be an inch shorter."

Sagebrush (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 30, 2015

"I have been using for about 2 weeks now and can finally breathe through my nose again. I have not been able to breathe properly on one side for several months. Within 2-3 days I was breathing clearly again. Great medicine!! No side effects at all."

Eddie62369 (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015

"I am a 68 yr old woman and I used this medication for almost 2 weeks. I will never take this medication again. It relieved my seasonal allergies great (runny/stuffy nose and extremely watery eyes) but the side effects were not pleasant and absolutely not worth going through. I experienced; very bad muscular back pain close to my spine, had muscle aches that were all over the place, my hair and body became very very oily, and I had itching on my torso, face and back of head but no rash. The back pain was next to unbearable. All the symptoms have pretty much subsided after 4 days off of it. Never again for me."

lattydah October 27, 2015

"Wasted my money did nothing for me"

Dean Horst (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2015

"Flonase has not been effective at reducing my nasal congestion. At 1/8 the cost, Oxymetazoline hydrochloride has been a great deal more effective for me."

Tezoc (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

"When bottle gets low product too thick to empty completely. I'd love this product if GSK makes a better dispenser."

invntr (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015

"Flonase works so good! I've been on it for about a week now, and I'm noticing fast improvements. Around the 4th day, my sinus headaches were slim to none, my watery right eye stopped, and I didn't sneeze 10 times a day. No side effects. I am still a little stuffed up.....but that's what sinus tea is for! Thank you Flonase!"

Amanda523 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

"A regular user of Alavert, I thought I'd give Flonase's "six factors" a try, being a fan of being thorough. Unlike my former med, the floral-scented spray took a week to even begin taking an effect, which was minimal at best. At the first sign of a pollen explosion, my allergies went rampant, as though I hadn't just spent the last two weeks cramming spray up my nostrils. I'm praying for rain today for relief. And I'm going back to Alavert. Sorry Flonase."

SneezyInMd (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2015

"Terrible joint pain after 4 days. "

Matt E March 23, 2015

"I suffer from year-round allergies to at least a half dozen allergens. My doctor has had me on Claritin and Nasonex. While they didn't completely alleviate my symptoms, he had no other suggestions. When I ran out of Nasonex, I decided to forego the hassle of stopping by my doctor's office to pick up a prescription and instead got Flonase from a nearby Walgreen's. This stuff is the best! It alleviated all of my symptoms (constant runny nose, itchy and watery eyes, nasal congestion). So much so that I can breathe thru my nose at night without my usual Breathe Right strip. Thank you GSK!"

Len T. March 13, 2015

"I take Allegra for allergies, but was still having side effects. Flonase was added to my regime, and now I have no more runny, itchy nose, itchy ears and eyes, or sneezing."

Kimily August 20, 2013

"I have awful allergies and have since I was a kid. At 30 years old I finally couldn't take it anymore, and gave in and started taking medicine. I take a prescription strength Claritin, and use Flonase, Fluticasone Propionate. I really like it because it takes effect immediately. I actually like the smell of it. It cracks me up because it is for allergies, yet smells like flowers. I noticed it works best if you blow your nose first and use it first thing in the morning. I did experience a mild nose bleed about a week into using it, but haven't had one since and I have been using it 4 months now."

Kristyrae21 July 23, 2013

"This is the best medicine for me. I've used every pill on the market. When my allergies get severe I use Flonase. Works every time. No side effects that I've noticed. Highly recommend."

Anonymous January 8, 2012

"Works wonderfully. Takes a few days to kick in and leaves an unpleasant feeling in the throat though. The latter can easily be dealt with by using it just before eating. Surprised to see this is a prescription medicine though. It's over the counter in my home country and in other countries I've visited. Same goes for many similar nasal sprays."

Anonymous October 24, 2011

"Flonase has greatly improved my life! My nasal allergies were terrible, even with taking an Allegra every day. I had to carry Kleenex with me everywhere. Mornings were the worst - I would sit with my coffee in one hand and a tissue in the other. It was miserable. After becoming tired of feeling awful every day, I paid a visit to the allergist, who prescribed Flonase. Within a week I was feeling 100% better. No more itchy, runny nose. No more post nasal drip. I used to get a constant tickle in my throat, which I never believed was caused by post nasal drip, but evidently it was, because that is also gone! I love this."

brinn1269 August 14, 2011

"I've used Flonase and the generic with success for hay fever and colds, but using it daily for weeks causes nose bleeds. I continue to use it short-term."

Detroiter April 9, 2010

"Both generic and Flonase work for me. Been using them for several years. Must use every day to see effects."

Pidge September 25, 2009

"Have used many allergy pills, but nothing works like Flonase. The only problem is when switching to generic, it stopped working for me. I thought I was immune after 2 years, but it was the "generic" that failed me. I've gone back to regular Flonase. "

catgirl44 August 12, 2008