User Reviews for Flonase

Learn more about Flonase.

Flonase review summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 555 medications used in the treatment of Hay Fever.

Reviews for Flonase to treat Hay Fever

Review by Kimily:

I take Allegra for allergies, but was still having side effects. Flonase was added to my regime, and now I have no more runny, itchy nose, itchy ears and eyes, or sneezing.

August 20, 2013 2:05 PM

Review by Kristyrae21:

I have awful allergies and have since I was a kid. At 30 years old I finally couldn't take it anymore, and gave in and started taking medicine. I take a prescription strength Claritin, and use Flonase, Fluticasone Propionate. I really like it because it takes effect immediately. I actually like the smell of it. It cracks me up because it is for allergies, yet smells like flowers. I noticed it works best if you blow your nose first and use it first thing in the morning. I did experience a mild nose bleed about a week into using it, but haven't had one since and I have been using it 4 months now.

July 23, 2013 1:05 PM

This is the best medicine for me. I've used every pill on the market. When my allergies get severe I use Flonase. Works every time. No side effects that I've noticed. Highly recommend.

January 8, 2012 1:42 PM

Works wonderfully. Takes a few days to kick in and leaves an unpleasant feeling in the throat though. The latter can easily be dealt with by using it just before eating. Surprised to see this is a prescription medicine though. It's over the counter in my home country and in other countries I've visited. Same goes for many similar nasal sprays.

October 24, 2011 5:47 PM

Review by brinn1269:

Flonase has greatly improved my life! My nasal allergies were terrible, even with taking an Allegra every day. I had to carry Kleenex with me everywhere. Mornings were the worst - I would sit with my coffee in one hand and a tissue in the other. It was miserable. After becoming tired of feeling awful every day, I paid a visit to the allergist, who prescribed Flonase. Within a week I was feeling 100% better. No more itchy, runny nose. No more post nasal drip. I used to get a constant tickle in my throat, which I never believed was caused by post nasal drip, but evidently it was, because that is also gone! I love this.

August 14, 2011 2:12 PM

Review by Detroiter:

I've used Flonase and the generic with success for hay fever and colds, but using it daily for weeks causes nose bleeds. I continue to use it short-term.

April 9, 2010 12:04 AM

Review by Pidge:

Both generic and Flonase work for me. Been using them for several years. Must use every day to see effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2009 5:06 PM

Review by catgirl44:

Have used many allergy pills, but nothing works like Flonase. The only problem is when switching to generic, it stopped working for me. I thought I was immune after 2 years, but it was the "generic" that failed me. I've gone back to regular Flonase.

August 12, 2008 1:34 PM