User Reviews for Flonase

Learn more about Flonase.

Flonase Review Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 512 medications used in the treatment of Hay Fever.

Reviews for Flonase to treat Hay Fever

"Flonase works so good! I've been on it for about a week now, and I'm noticing fast improvements. Around the 4th day, my sinus headaches were slim to none, my watery right eye stopped, and I didn't sneeze 10 times a day. No side effects. I am still a little stuffed up.....but that's what sinus tea is for! Thank you Flonase!"

Amanda523 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

"A regular user of Alavert, I thought I'd give Flonase's "six factors" a try, being a fan of being thorough. Unlike my former med, the floral-scented spray took a week to even begin taking an effect, which was minimal at best. At the first sign of a pollen explosion, my allergies went rampant, as though I hadn't just spent the last two weeks cramming spray up my nostrils. I'm praying for rain today for relief. And I'm going back to Alavert. Sorry Flonase."

SneezyInMd (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2015

"Terrible joint pain after 4 days. "

Matt E March 23, 2015

"I suffer from year-round allergies to at least a half dozen allergens. My doctor has had me on Claritin and Nasonex. While they didn't completely alleviate my symptoms, he had no other suggestions. When I ran out of Nasonex, I decided to forego the hassle of stopping by my doctor's office to pick up a prescription and instead got Flonase from a nearby Walgreen's. This stuff is the best! It alleviated all of my symptoms (constant runny nose, itchy and watery eyes, nasal congestion). So much so that I can breathe thru my nose at night without my usual Breathe Right strip. Thank you GSK!"

Len T. March 13, 2015

"I take Allegra for allergies, but was still having side effects. Flonase was added to my regime, and now I have no more runny, itchy nose, itchy ears and eyes, or sneezing."

Kimily August 20, 2013

"I have awful allergies and have since I was a kid. At 30 years old I finally couldn't take it anymore, and gave in and started taking medicine. I take a prescription strength Claritin, and use Flonase, Fluticasone Propionate. I really like it because it takes effect immediately. I actually like the smell of it. It cracks me up because it is for allergies, yet smells like flowers. I noticed it works best if you blow your nose first and use it first thing in the morning. I did experience a mild nose bleed about a week into using it, but haven't had one since and I have been using it 4 months now."

Kristyrae21 July 23, 2013

"This is the best medicine for me. I've used every pill on the market. When my allergies get severe I use Flonase. Works every time. No side effects that I've noticed. Highly recommend."

Anonymous January 8, 2012

"Works wonderfully. Takes a few days to kick in and leaves an unpleasant feeling in the throat though. The latter can easily be dealt with by using it just before eating. Surprised to see this is a prescription medicine though. It's over the counter in my home country and in other countries I've visited. Same goes for many similar nasal sprays."

Anonymous October 24, 2011

"Flonase has greatly improved my life! My nasal allergies were terrible, even with taking an Allegra every day. I had to carry Kleenex with me everywhere. Mornings were the worst - I would sit with my coffee in one hand and a tissue in the other. It was miserable. After becoming tired of feeling awful every day, I paid a visit to the allergist, who prescribed Flonase. Within a week I was feeling 100% better. No more itchy, runny nose. No more post nasal drip. I used to get a constant tickle in my throat, which I never believed was caused by post nasal drip, but evidently it was, because that is also gone! I love this."

brinn1269 August 14, 2011

"I've used Flonase and the generic with success for hay fever and colds, but using it daily for weeks causes nose bleeds. I continue to use it short-term."

Detroiter April 9, 2010

"Both generic and Flonase work for me. Been using them for several years. Must use every day to see effects."

Pidge September 25, 2009

"Have used many allergy pills, but nothing works like Flonase. The only problem is when switching to generic, it stopped working for me. I thought I was immune after 2 years, but it was the "generic" that failed me. I've gone back to regular Flonase. "

catgirl44 August 12, 2008