User Reviews for Trilipix

Learn more about Trilipix.

Trilipix review summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Hypertriglyceridemia.

Reviews for Trilipix to treat Hypertriglyceridemia

Review by brayski98 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have been taking Triliplex with a statin for about 2 years. I lowered my triglycerides from roughly 500 to 200. I was concerned about side effects so I quit taking the medicine for about 8 weeks. Any of the issues such as pain did not change. I don't seem to be experiencing any side effects. I had hoped it would lower the levels into the "good" range. The cholesterol levels are good with the exception of HDL being too low.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 7:44 AM

Review by Stuaman (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Pre Trilipix, triglycerides 4300 ---> Currently 213! Wow what a change! Nothing else even came close to these results.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2013 11:32 PM

I had taken Trilipix for one month with my prior Doctor and it worked great for me and brought my lipids down a great deal. I'm with a new Dr. now and tried Trilipix again because my lipid panel was high again. The very first dose I took I got calf pain and still have it, constant pain, the Dr. told me to stop the medication. Not sure why it bothered me this time and not the first time I took it. I'm on 7 different medicines now for other ailments, which might have something to do with the reaction this time. The Dr. now says I have nerve damage from my diabetes, but I don't think so.

January 17, 2012 10:22 AM

Review by HSOL1234:

I have been on TRILIPIX for ten (10) weeks. Two weeks ago I woke up with a dizziness, seizure, the likes of which I have never experienced. It has altered my inner ear significantly. It is most seriously when in bed, and turning to either side in my sleep pattern, that I fell the room is circulating and hovering. I have to go back to Tricor.

April 3, 2011 12:29 PM

Review by Melbat:

Several weeks after using Trilipix, my hair started to fall out. Everyday, I had to clean large clumps of hair out of my hairbrush. About 2 weeks after stopping using the drug (it was the only change in any of my routines) my hair was back to normal.

December 1, 2010 8:51 AM

Review by krmnt:

I've been on Trilipix for over a year after every other cholesterol medicine failed. I either had side effects from them or they just didn't work. Trilipix lowered my triglycerides from 600 to the low 200's without a change in diet. I've had only minor, tolerable side effects (mostly bloating feelings) from this drug. I am taking it alone without other cholesterol-lowering supplements.

March 3, 2010 2:36 PM

Started Trilipix about one month ago, experiencing unbelievable pain in ankle areas having trouble walking. Contacting physician today regarding pain. Suspect pain is related to this drug.

September 30, 2009 7:17 AM

Review by BABYHUEY:

Four months ago my doctor put me on trilipix to bring my triglycerides down from 575. The triglycerides stayed the same but my cholesterol went from below 180 to 225. This happened after I was put on trilipix. I am taking enough pills already so I am coming off of this one which is not working for me.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2009 4:20 PM