User Reviews for Aromasin

Learn more about Aromasin.

Breast Cancer 10 reviews 45 medications

5.8
Summary of Aromasin reviews 10 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Aromasin

For Breast Cancer "Had a lumpectomy for Stage I Advanced Breast Cancer followed by radiotherapy. Then was put on each of the aromatase inhibitors, letrozole and the other one. Basically I was unable to continue either after 10 days due to increasingly debilitating dizziness, nausea, crying, etc. Then put on tamoxifen, and I developed lymphodoema. So tamoxifen was discontinued but still have moderate lymphodoema. Then put on aromasin. Initially able to tolerate it but increasing light-headedness (four minor car accidents) and debilitating joint pain (everywhere), poor sleep somewhat countered with Lyrica. I had already been diagnosed with widespread arthritis in the joints and the pain with aromasin has been intolerable so discontinued, against medical advice."

JeannetteMarie February 12, 2015

For Breast Cancer "Quit anastrozole after 4 months, was making me so tired, could hardly get out of bed, falling asleep at the wheel. Have been on Aromasin for 4 months and my hair is falling out quite a lot. "

roll tide (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2013

For Breast Cancer "I just came off Aromasin, on tamoxifen for 2 years, then Aromasin for 5 years. I am having cold chills and then hot flashes, now. While on it I had all the side effects, sore bones, hot flashes, gained weight, etc. "

finished drug (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2013

For Breast Cancer "I took two years of Tamoxifen, without much side effects that I cannot manage. I took Femara for one year and could not even turn my head and had joint pains to the point I could not turn my head when I was driving. Now I just got off exemestane after 6 months as I cannot sleep even with sleeping pills. I am five years out from chemo and doctor still wants me to take the pills for another year and four months. "

Anonymous October 29, 2011

For Breast Cancer "I have been taking Aromasin for 3 months now and still wake up every night in pain on my hand, tingling and burning along with joint pain. "

Makalika January 12, 2011

For Breast Cancer "I have just been on Aromasin just 9 days and so far have no side effects. I tried Femara and after 14 days went off it because of joint pain and fatigue. On Femara it was so bad that I couldn't climb my staircase without crying. So far Aromasin is a miracle drug for me if it stops estrogen in its tracks!"

thomp1 November 16, 2009

For Breast Cancer "I have been on Aromasin for 2 years now. Prior I took tamoxifen. Sure, there are side effects, (pain in my leg, painful joints, and hot flashes) but I had stage 3 ca and am still alive 4.5 years."

daisy136 October 29, 2009

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "After surgery I was pronounced cancer free but still put in Aromasin. I found the side effects difficult especially insomnia. My schedule is busy and this plus muscle/joint pain is hard. I went off for several months during a vacation and felt far better. I returned to taking it and almost immediately the side effects returned. I have very mixed feelings about continuing. My health insurance covers it so thankfully expense is not an issue. I will probably continue as statistically the drug has proved valuable."

Anonymous July 7, 2009

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "Aromasin is a walk in the park after using the other aromatase inhibitors."

zpix February 2, 2009

For Breast Cancer "This medicine I have been taking for 7 months, it is easy to take being such a small pill however the side effects are still there, leg cramps and hot flashes, better than the tamoxifen I was taking for 2 and half years. Overall I think it is a lot better."

wa7yvw May 19, 2008

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate