User Reviews for Cryselle

Learn more about Cryselle.

Cryselle Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 233 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Cryselle to treat Birth Control

"I have been on this pill twice now. The first time I was in it I used it for 6 months and my doctor decided to take me off of it for some time because I began having breakthrough bleeding and periods as long as if not longer than before I was on the pill and just as painful. After some time on anther pill my doctor reccomended that I go back on it and see how things went the second time around. I have been on it for 6 more months and nothing has changed since the last time. The first few periods were fine and like normal without the pill but again I began to bleed randomly and the pain became worse as well as my normal periods lengthening and becoming heavier."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 24, 2016

"Horrible absolutely horrible. I was on low ogesteral and my pharmacy just switched it to cryselle one day. Within a week a felt depressed and withdrawn and completely not myself. I felt like and would cry at the drop of a dime for no given reason. I barely made it threw one pack before I came off and actually spent a month off birth control until I could get an appointment to get a new pill. I am very sensitive to estrogen so it is possibly that I am an exception but I have never had this experience on other birth control pills."

Britt27c (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

"This pill makes me taste and smell this nasty sour milk taste all the time. I cannot get rid of it, it makes me so nauseous that the thought of taking it nauseates me already. I get so sick off of it, been on it for over two years and symptoms of nausea never subsided. It has also completely taken away my sex drive, only reason I know this is because once my ex and I broke up I got off of it for four months and I was super horny, so uncontrollably horny, I wanted sex at all hours, but upon going back on it, I have zero desire for it. I've missed many days on this pill, because I rather just not take it, that's how gross it is and sick it makes me feel which obviously reduces its effects. If you can get another, please do."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2016

"I have been on Cryselle for a year and 1 month and I love it. I used to get the worst acne on my chin but my face cleared up for the most part while on Cryselle.The first 1-2 weeks on it I was kind of nauseated and threw up once on the first week. I was irritable a bit the first 2 weeks. And my first period on it was painful. I started Cryselle because I had unpredictable painful periods & it really has worked my periods are light and only last 3-4 days. Almost no cramping, sometimes none. Plus I know when I'm getting my period and I'm able to make sure I am not on my period on important an important events. Plus it has protected me from getting pregnant ever since i became sexually active. First month is tough, after that it's amazing!"

Anonymous March 14, 2016

"I have been on this pill for 9 months after pregnancy, I don't feel that I've gained any weight. Although I eat well and recently within 2 months went back to the gym. The worst part about this BC is the break through bleeding, for weeks at a time. Skipping periods...my cycle is most definitely unregulated since the 1st month. I haven't gotten pregnant so that's great, but my husband and I are losing our sex life. I want to change, but I dislike when hormones are messed up."

Wendy J (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

"Bad: I took it for about a year, then it gave me bad acne that automatically cleared away when I took a 2 week break from it, and automatically came back when I got back on it. It has also make my hair so dry, frail and frizzy regardless of how good I take care of it. My blood pressure, anxiety and mood swings also fluctuated when I was on and off this pill. Good: makes my periods ultra light, almost never cramp. Haven't gotten pregnant. Overall I would not recommend it if you can be on something else."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2016

"I've been on this birth control near 6 months. In the begin I got it wasn't awful I did experience mood swings at first and break through bleeding. The longer I have been on it the more consistent it's almost as if I have my period 3 weeks on and one week off. It has made me severely irritable to put it nicely and because I have been bleeding so much my sex drive has also suffered. I would not recommend this birth control to anybody. In my opinion it's awful."

E724 January 27, 2016

"I started taking this birth control almost 2 years ago. I was very nauseous for the first few weeks but it subsided and seemed to be going great! A few months ago, I missed one pill and took 2 within a few hours of each other and ended up throwing up (my own fault). Lately, I have been struggling with horrible anxiety (18 years old about to leave for college) and I have had awful nausea and low sex drive with my boyfriend. I am not sure if these are symptoms of my birth control or just anxiety. Around the time my period tracker says I'm ovulating, my discharge seems to be very thick and mucus like. I'm not sure this is normal. Otherwise, absolutely affordable and seems to be reliable!"

Kbae January 22, 2016

"I have been on this pill for 3 months now & I have to say it has been awful!! I do not feel like myself, I'm really irritable, angry, depressed, & my sex drive is GONE. I've been working out daily & eating right & still gaining weight. I've also got awful period acne breakouts on Cryselle. The only positive things are that the pill does it's job and my periods are 4 days max (they're also light)."

bcbabe January 14, 2016

"I've been on this pill about 8 months now. It's my 3rd birth control. Tricyclics give me bad migraines and I was on minastrin before this. Minastrin always made me really sad for no reason, too nauseous to eat, very moody and depressed and had no period. Cryselle was such a big turnaround for me. I'm back to my normal happy self, periods only last 1-2 days rarely any cramping. Only thing I noticed was a little bit of weight gain but that could also be from switching as the last birth control made me too sick to eat half the time."

strays21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2016

"I began talking this pill 4 months ago to help with my PMD. The 2-3 weeks following my period I had extreme irritability/anxiety. My periods were also very heavy and accompanied by severe cramps and extreme fatigue and headaches. My doctor recommended this pill to level out hormones and help with cramps. This pill has been amazing. My periods are 3-4 days long and very light. I have NO cramps. My face has cleared up except for a couple breakouts on my chin the last day or so of my period, but they are gone in a couple days. I feel so much better on this pill. Incredibly lower levels of irritability/anxiety."

CHersch (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2015

"I've been taking this pill since February and I'm not a huge fan. My mood swings have been terrible when I PMS and when I'm not PMSing, I feel blah. My sex drive has decreased and that is my main concern because not only am I more dry, but I started crying after sex because I felt horrible. My boyfriend isn't happy with it either. I'm switching to Loryna because it has a lower dosage of progestin that should make me happier but I'm still nervous."

Acca December 28, 2015

"This is such a terrible pill, I have never ever felt the way I did while I was on this pill. I took the pill for 4 months. The first month was okay I had no symptoms at all. However towards the end of the month every day I either had a headache, had anxiety was very angry or miserably depressed. I couldn't stand the person next to me, any person who made a noise or laughed too hard. I was very mean and so frustrated towards everything my boyfriend did and said and the next day I would feel bad and apologize. this pill made me feel like a crazy person and was driving me insane. One minute I was laughing the other I was crying. I do not recommened this pill to any girls out there this pill is terrible!!"

MelMel18 December 9, 2015

"Like another user below, I was also on Lo-Ogestral since I was 17 for cramps and to regulate my period. I was getting it twice a month and it was so painful. About 3 years ago my local CVS started carrying only the generic version of it which is Cryselle. I'm now 24 and have had great experiences with both. My period is 3-4 days long with no cramps...if it didn't come the same day every month I couldn't even tell when its coming. My skin has never been better. I honestly had no idea people has such depression and mood swings from this pill. I've never felt any of that. I also lost about 20 pounds while taking cryselle, not from the pill itself but I worked out and ate healthy. So no weight gain."

Maggieg73 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

"I got pregnant on the pill so I do not recommend unless you wanna get knocked up. Lol"

ChelseaL November 12, 2015

"I have been on this birth control for 8 years! I feel like the reviews are based on people that haven't given their body time to adjust to it. On this pill I had no acne problems, no weight gain no crampy periods. Generally, my periods would be 3-4 days long without pain sometimes would forget it was that time of the month. So while on it this pill was great. I recently almost 4 months ago got off due to how long I've been on it and hyper pigmentation on forehead and cheeks. Now I feel my periods and gained 9 lbs. Considering getting back on again.....especially since hyper pigmentation is pretty much gone."

ilisalec (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 21, 2015

"This was the generic brand my original bc was changed to. The 1st month or so I didn't notice any changes but recently, about 3 months in I've been getting headaches, horrible nausea and stomach cramps & my period has gone back to being longer than shorter like it was on the first pill. I've never been one to feel unmotivated, lethargic, depressed, or anxious, but as of recently I've been experiencing all those things which is no doubt making stress induced nausea worse and have just generally felt bad. I went to my doctor and had multiple blood tests taken and some other tests but all came back with no abnormalities, leading me to realize it was change in birth control. Ups? Worked and no breast tenderness. But thats it."

DevLaCh (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2015

"The only benefit to the birth control, is that is prevents pregnancy. It has caused me major mood swings (anger, and sad), pain in my breasts, and acne breakouts. I have never had issues with acne even as a teen. Its not worth it."

Anonymous August 20, 2015

"Cryselle is great! I've been taking it for about 3 months now and have been very happy with it. When I initially read the reviews on Cryselle back in May I was nervous to take it since not many women had a positive experience with it, but went ahead and tried it anyway. My skin has been extremely clear, and my period is pretty comfortable. Cramps are very bearable and the cycle itself only lasts a few days. I was a little nauseous the first day I took it in May but it went away after a day. All birth controls react differently to each body so don't be turned off by all the negative reviews on Cryselle! It's the best pill I've been on in years. Definitely worth a shot if you're on the fence, I couldn't be happier with it"

atl93 August 19, 2015

"was not on BC for many years till my dr recommended birth control in order to help with my endometriosis. I've been on this for a month and a half and no progress in period or cramps, and I've never had worse acne than I do right now. I hardly wear any make up and rarely ever get pimples and what started as a dry scaly rash type thing on my chin and jawline has one week later turned into burning red acne all over my face. I've also noticed how severely depressed I have become. Although I have struggled with depression throughout the past 8 years, I have never ever felt this depressed or uninterested in anybody and everything. everything and everyone irritates me. Once I looked up others reviews I decided I will not take this again"

KelseyMarie August 18, 2015

"This birth control isn't bad, defiantly not the best but not the worst. Before Cryselle I had almost perfect skin with occasional breakouts here and there, but I break out on my chin often now. It's not bad and it goes away in a couples days or so, but before the pill that almost never happened. It made my period a little shorter by a day or so. I do have very bad mood swings, but I've always been kind of a moody person so it might just be me. But other than that this pill is good, I haven't gained any weight, I don't spot, I occasionally get mild headaches... But nothing a Advil couldn't fix."

Skypie August 18, 2015

"Everyone is giving this drug a bad rep... I've been on 2 pills, this one only makes me moody just before my period which is normal for someone not on birth control, no weight gained and my acne isn't awful. By not awful I mean I've had acne for 7 years and in the past year on this medication it hasn't been as bad as it has been in the past. No medication is perfect but this is a pretty good one, I think a lot of people blame this medication for their life problems when that just may be their life."

Itsagoodbirthcontrolpill August 16, 2015

"This is the worst generic pill I have ever taken. My cycle was extremely heavy, I have gained five pounds in three days while on this pill which is very depressing. I have not been very happy on the pill during the month and a half I have been on it. I am switching back to an older pill I took."

Anonymous August 16, 2015

"this birth control definitely regulated my period and made them lighter and has done its job helping with pregnancy obviously but since I've been on this I've broke out so bad around my chin and cheeks and I will be honest my skin has never been great but it hasn't been this bad in a long time and I feel like the scars last so much longer. I thought if I kept taking it my skin would clear up but it didn't. other than that I didn't gain weight I'm pretty sure my sex drive was the same, no spotting or any other possible side effects. one thing that might've been the cause but I'm not sure but I may have gotten more depressed but that also might just be the cause of the bad breakout since I very much care about my appearance"

no thanks (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2015

"Cryselle was the first birth control pill prescribed to me by my gynecologist. I was only on it for a little over two weeks when she advised me to make a switch to a different pill. I had some serious nausea, even throwing up on one occasion. It also seemed to make my migraines worse (I have chronic migraine to begin with) & I had some consistent spotting & mood swings. I did however notice a slight improvement in my acne & did not have any weight gain. I'm sure that everyone's body works differently but this is how my body reacted to Cryselle."

Jessxxi (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2015