User Reviews for Cryselle

Learn more about Cryselle.

Cryselle Review Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 209 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Cryselle to treat Birth Control

"This was the generic brand my original bc was changed to. The 1st month or so I didn't notice any changes but recently, about 3 months in I've been getting headaches, horrible nausea and stomach cramps & my period has gone back to being longer than shorter like it was on the first pill. I've never been one to feel unmotivated, lethargic, depressed, or anxious, but as of recently I've been experiencing all those things which is no doubt making stress induced nausea worse and have just generally felt bad. I went to my doctor and had multiple blood tests taken and some other tests but all came back with no abnormalities, leading me to realize it was change in birth control. Ups? Worked and no breast tenderness. But thats it."

DevLaCh (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2015

"The only benefit to the birth control, is that is prevents pregnancy. It has caused me major mood swings (anger, and sad), pain in my breasts, and acne breakouts. I have never had issues with acne even as a teen. Its not worth it."

Anonymous August 20, 2015

"Cryselle is great! I've been taking it for about 3 months now and have been very happy with it. When I initially read the reviews on Cryselle back in May I was nervous to take it since not many women had a positive experience with it, but went ahead and tried it anyway. My skin has been extremely clear, and my period is pretty comfortable. Cramps are very bearable and the cycle itself only lasts a few days. I was a little nauseous the first day I took it in May but it went away after a day. All birth controls react differently to each body so don't be turned off by all the negative reviews on Cryselle! It's the best pill I've been on in years. Definitely worth a shot if you're on the fence, I couldn't be happier with it"

atl93 August 19, 2015

"was not on BC for many years till my dr recommended birth control in order to help with my endometriosis. I've been on this for a month and a half and no progress in period or cramps, and I've never had worse acne than I do right now. I hardly wear any make up and rarely ever get pimples and what started as a dry scaly rash type thing on my chin and jawline has one week later turned into burning red acne all over my face. I've also noticed how severely depressed I have become. Although I have struggled with depression throughout the past 8 years, I have never ever felt this depressed or uninterested in anybody and everything. everything and everyone irritates me. Once I looked up others reviews I decided I will not take this again"

KelseyMarie August 18, 2015

"This birth control isn't bad, defiantly not the best but not the worst. Before Cryselle I had almost perfect skin with occasional breakouts here and there, but I break out on my chin often now. It's not bad and it goes away in a couples days or so, but before the pill that almost never happened. It made my period a little shorter by a day or so. I do have very bad mood swings, but I've always been kind of a moody person so it might just be me. But other than that this pill is good, I haven't gained any weight, I don't spot, I occasionally get mild headaches... But nothing a Advil couldn't fix."

Skypie August 18, 2015

"Everyone is giving this drug a bad rep... I've been on 2 pills, this one only makes me moody just before my period which is normal for someone not on birth control, no weight gained and my acne isn't awful. By not awful I mean I've had acne for 7 years and in the past year on this medication it hasn't been as bad as it has been in the past. No medication is perfect but this is a pretty good one, I think a lot of people blame this medication for their life problems when that just may be their life."

Itsagoodbirthcontrolpill August 16, 2015

"This is the worst generic pill I have ever taken. My cycle was extremely heavy, I have gained five pounds in three days while on this pill which is very depressing. I have not been very happy on the pill during the month and a half I have been on it. I am switching back to an older pill I took."

Anonymous August 16, 2015

"this birth control definitely regulated my period and made them lighter and has done its job helping with pregnancy obviously but since I've been on this I've broke out so bad around my chin and cheeks and I will be honest my skin has never been great but it hasn't been this bad in a long time and I feel like the scars last so much longer. I thought if I kept taking it my skin would clear up but it didn't. other than that I didn't gain weight I'm pretty sure my sex drive was the same, no spotting or any other possible side effects. one thing that might've been the cause but I'm not sure but I may have gotten more depressed but that also might just be the cause of the bad breakout since I very much care about my appearance"

no thanks (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2015

"Cryselle was the first birth control pill prescribed to me by my gynecologist. I was only on it for a little over two weeks when she advised me to make a switch to a different pill. I had some serious nausea, even throwing up on one occasion. It also seemed to make my migraines worse (I have chronic migraine to begin with) & I had some consistent spotting & mood swings. I did however notice a slight improvement in my acne & did not have any weight gain. I'm sure that everyone's body works differently but this is how my body reacted to Cryselle."

Jessxxi (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2015

"I began taking Cryselle a little over two years ago. I began taking it to fix irregular periods. At first, I didn't notice any side effects but here lately I have been on an emotional roller coaster. I am constantly going from happy to sad within minutes. I have also noticed that I have been feeling depressed constantly. People have asked me numerous times if something is wrong due to my mood swings. I don't recommend this pill at all! I have already switched pills.."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2015

"I started taking Cryselle because the higher dose pills, like Tri-Sprintec, made me throw up. At first, Cryselle made all the nausea go away and I lost weight. After about a week I started having pretty severe mood swings and started getting the worst acne I've ever had. I got huge pimple all over my face...the long lasting, painful ones. It was not a great experience."

Cassara August 12, 2015

"Absolutely the worst birth control. My skin has become horrible and I've had to start other medications to help my skin this last month, The mood swings are horrible and I will be switching to Yaz."

Mikdeteerh August 9, 2015

"I have been taking Cryselle for just over two years, and have been fighting depression, weight gain, terrible heafaches, and anxiety attacks for the entire duration. I live a very stressful life, but I was always optimistic and could fight through it. Until I started taking this pill. After about 3 months, I tried to commit suicide, my depression has become debilitating, and I have anxiety attacks at the most random moments, without any triggers. I've been off the pill for about a week, and my mood is already improving. This pill changed who I am completely. I lost my friends and became distant, all because of the depression. I'm not sure how to be me again, or who me even is anymore. Be careful, and watch out for any side effects."

Arizona2 August 4, 2015

"I began this birth control 2 months ago . Ive always had a difficult time with birth control but this was my far the worst. I have been so depressed to the point of having suicidal thoughts. I haven't had any energy or motivation. My skin is more oily than its ever been but drier than its ever been in a few areas. My hair started thinning. My anxiety was off the wall and my skin itched without a rash. Everybody annoyed me for no reason. I have yet to find a birth control that works for me."

htotheb August 1, 2015

"I was put on cryselle to help regulate my cycle and clear up what was left of my acne and I have to tell you this is the worst experience of my life. I went from my skin being almost clear to having cystic acne covering my entire face and chest, which was also very heart breaking for me because my cheeks were the only place where I would break out. I've also become very moody and more depressed. I really do encourage you to steer away from this pill. It has honestly been the worst decision I've made in a really long time. Save yourself the pain and money. I'm looking to switch ASAP!!"

nbb95 July 29, 2015

"I had really bad cystic acne and went to a dermatologist and the medicine they gave me didn't help much so I went on Cryselle. My face has cleared up SO much ever since I've been on this pill but I have been very moody. I'll be happy then sad to where I want to cry and then the next minute I'll be extremely happy again. I have not gained any weight while on this pill and I'll skip my period every 2 months and they're very light with no cramps. Overall I plan to stay on this pill until I can't deal with the mood swings anymore."

AJ9611 July 28, 2015

"I've been on cryselle for a year and a half. I Havent had any side effects till recently. I take 4 packs then have my period. I have extremely bad cramps but I always have. No birth control has ever made them better. I noticed just last week when I was off the pill and on my period I was happier. I do have mood swings that are sometimes crazy. I also don't have a sex drive. I will be trying a new form of birth control to see if my mood changes along with my sex drive, but I'm scared to try new things while by body adjusts. If nothing works I will get back on cryselle."

MoeMoe1989 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 20, 2015

"I've been on Cryselle for 3 months now the first month I was an emotional wreck, crying over nothing and just super bothered by anyone and everyone! It's gotten better now, but the week of my sugar pills Im still on an emotional rollercoaster. My periods shortened from 7 days to about 3-4 which is nice. My face breaks out during my period and is blotchy but I can't completely blame it all on the pill since it happened before. This pill didn't make me gain any weight, I actually lost about 10 lbs during the first two months. Overall this pill has been alright. At the very least it's been effective but I am considering switching it up"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2015

"I've been on this medication for about two months and I really like it! I prefer my loestron 24 like most people that were on it did and when I was switched to minastrin it sucked big time! Was depressed all the time had terrible cystic acne and had the worse migraine headaches ever imaginable! Since being switched I haven't had any of those side effects the only thing that recently happen was my skin became really sensitive to the sun and I broke out in a rash from it. So now I just load up on sunscreen. Overall I'm really happy with this birth control."

Jstansb1 June 15, 2015

"I've been using this pill now for about a month . My mood has changed drastically. I'm always depressed, most of the time I Wana cry, it makes me feel really nervous , and I can't stand most people, feeling stressed. I lost few lbs which is a good thing and it controls my weight since I have hormonal imbalance. But I hope to get off this pill asap"

Holobolo June 1, 2015

"I had very irregular periods, so my doctor put me on this pill to help regulate them. My periods come like clockwork now, which is very nice considering I've never had that. They haven't become lighter or shorter in length, which I was hoping for. They are still 6-7 days with heavy flow and lots of cramping. My acne has also increased a lot. I had some acne before taking the pill, but this is the deep kind that can take weeks to heal, which I rarely got before. I also have been pretty emotional since starting it, but I won't entirely place blame on this pill as I stay pretty stressed regardless, but I think it could be related. I'm going to switch soon most likely."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2015

"I have tried a few pills before, and this one was the worst. I would sweat constantly during the day and even wake up sweating. The acne I got was pretty bad as well. I was taken off the medicine when I reported to my doctor horrible headaches and seeing auras, which is a really bad sign of serious problems to come. All bad side effects aside, I did not get pregnant while on Cryselle, however this pill was not right for me."

MarZ104 October 14, 2014

"I was on Lo-Ogesteral and was very happy with it but my doctor stopped carrying it and prescribed me Cryselle saying it was the same thing. I've been on it for almost 6 months now and am just as happy as I was with Lo-Ogestral. My period used to be really heavy and lasted a week before I was on birth control. Now it lasts 5 days and is pretty light to moderate depending on which day I'm on in my cycle, never heavy. No break through bleeding, no crying jags, no acne, no weight gain. The only thing that happens to me is the first few days of a new pack I get nauseous after taking the pill. But I get nauseous easily."

Mandy12345 August 4, 2014

"Today marks the second month I've been on this pill. In the beginning it was fine except that my face was breaking out really bad. I thougth I would deal with that until about a week or so ago I started getting terrible mood swings. I can't stand the person who sits next to me at work I can't stand my boyfriend, my friends anyone. I thought I was just having a bad week until the past two days I couldn't stop crying and would randomly burst out crying in public places! I called my DR and she told me to get off the pill immediately. I will sign back on and let you know how I feel a week from now!"

YR (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2014

"I switched to Cryselle after a terrible experience starting birth control with Junel. On that, I bled without break for months. So Cryselle seemed like a God-send when the bleeding stopped and I had no spotting between periods. Minimal side effects besides increased acne. My skin was fine before, but I've been on this pill for just under a year now and in recent months have developed horrible, painful cystic acne. I am looking into a new pill now."

BccaGF May 24, 2014