User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 38 reviews 161 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 137 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1713 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

For : "I began taking this due to ireggular cycles after my 3rd child and a tubal ligation. The first few months were good mood wise. Now that I'm pushing a year on it I am a total psycho. My anxiety is so far through the roof that I began taking Effexor and went as far as seeing a counselor. I am on edge ALL the time and have ridiculous anger outbursts. I can't stand myself most of the time. I can not speak for unwanted pregnancy as I have a BTL. My periods are still out of whack. I did regulate back to 28 day cycles but I spot old brown blood a few days, then bleed heavy and spot for the rest and thats on my active weeks. Its not normal!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "If I could give this pill less than a "1", I WOULD. I was switched to this pill by my OBGYN after I was told that the LoEstrin24FE I was previously taking was now Minastrin24FE. I was on the Loestrin for over 4 years with zero problems and zero side effects. Then the lovely Minastrin came in to my life and I immediately began to bloat and put on weight like I never had before. I have always been fairly lean for my height because I eat strict paleo and do crossfit approximately 4-5 times per week. EVEN WITH KEEPING ALL OF MY SAME HABITS I HAVE GAINED 10LBS. The weight gain, on top of the bloating, is more than enough for me to stop taking this pill because I would rather deal with the pain of endometriosis than deal with this weight gain."

MGGGS August 31, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Lo Lo Estrin FE for about 2-3 years. I was having severe mood swings whenever I was on the white or brown pills, anger follow by depression. When I told my Doctor, she said I could take the blue pills continuously and now I have no periods, no cramps, and no mood swings. Last week I missed a pill and took it 12 hours late (in the morning), a few days later I was severely depressed and had breast tenderness that lasted 2-3 days. Usually it's perfect, but a few hours with out it can cause days of depression, so I recommend others use it with caution and I would not recommend for anyone that cannot take the pill at exactly the same time daily. Also you can run into insurance coverage issues by skipping 4 pills a pack."

Libby1986 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2015

For Birth Control: "This is a great birth control but it does have its down sides. Before I was taking Kariva and it was not stopping my periods and I was miserable and moody all the time. I switched to this and it's been a dream come true because now I have my periods when I want them, no mood swings, and not pregnant so I guess it's doing its doing its job. I haven't had any change in appetite or weight gain but I do have some break outs sometimes, my boobs will be really sore but thats like 2 days out of the month, and sometimes I cramp but it's nothing like what I was dealing with before I got on this pill. I recommend it but I understand everyone has different experiences with it!"

Sam joe August 31, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am 16 and have been on this for almost a year now. I like this medication because for me it has done a great job on easing my headaches and nausea. I still get some once in a while but it's not as bad as before. I have not had any real problems with my mood but I do see that I cry more often and sometimes get a little depressed, but I am able to blow it off. The only real criticism I have about this medication is that when I started on my period again it was regular then it stopped. COMPLETELY! but I was like what t?!? I would spot but at random times. For the year I have been using it I can say I have only got my period maybe twice. Very hard to know if ur preg without a period."

Periodproblems101 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Lo for over 7 years now and love it!! I went thru 3 other BCs with horrid side effects and then found this! I have never experienced any negative side effects and have not had an unwanted pregnancy so I suggest it!"

Megs32 August 30, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am 15 years old and I was put on this birth control because I have extremely heavy periods. I'm going on my 3rd month of this birth control and I've had very little negative side effects. I lost weight and am continuing to lose weight (I've lost about 13-14 pounds right now) on this. I've had a decreased appetite and I've noticed I'm full sooner. I didn't have any mood swings or nausea. My acne cleared up majorly and my face is completely clear now! I had moderate cystic acne and now it's completely gone! The only negative side effect for me is I've had breakthrough bleeding for about 37 days so my gyno wants to switch me. I can't say anything about the effectiveness as a birth control as I'm not sexually active. I recommend!"

Rachelv5 August 30, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had been on a different BCP for over 20 years and had a generally low libido but pretty much no period with that pill. I went off to have a child then retuned to the same pill and became very emotional and depressed with a worse libido. My doctor changed me to Minastrin and my emotions were much better and libido improved also. I do get spotting the week before my period which is non existent. However now that I've been on this pill for over a year my weight has increased 14 pounds. I am so hungry and my blood sugar doesn't seem to be very steady ( I tend to get low blood sugar easily and am not a diabetic ). So now I'm really hungry and can eat as much as my husband and even though I'm exercising more I continue to gain weight."

Anonymous 2015 August 30, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm not really sure how I feel about this pill yet. I started it two Thursdays ago (the first day of my period) and my period immediately went away. Last Thursday I got my period again this time full on with cramps and everything. So far today is day 3 so I'll wait 2 more days before calling the gynie. I haven't had any mood swings or depression but I'm on this to NOT have a period and so far it's not doing what I really wanted it to do"

Vanityy (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm about to start my third month of microgestin fe 1/20 and its great. I have to say that the WORST symptom I experienced was very mild nausea/loss of appetite, and even that would only last for an hour or two after I took it, then I would be fine. I found that it helps to eat something small (like crackers) before taking it. I'm a Sunday starter and I take it at 7:30 each morning. Also, my breasts have gotten a little bigger (next size up), and my acne hasn't changed much, even though it wasn't bad at all before I started this. My hair hasn't fallen out and I've actually lost a few pounds due to loss of appetite. My periods are now more like spotting, but lasts the full 7-8 days. I can get away with just a panty liner though."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I went on this BC because I loved the loestrin 24 FE (which is apparently no longer available) and I thought this would be similar. It IS NOT at all similar. I feel completely different on this pill, and I've given it 6 months. My side effects include constant cramps and abdominal pain, complete loss of sex drive, diaherra, and depression. I began to push my boyfriend away and am still very very attracted to him, yet I have no sex drive. This pill has completely changed me and it took me 6 months to realize it. My periods were light but if I missed one day of taking the pill I would start spotting. Beware and watch for how your body reacts to this pill."

TarKov (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2015

Loestrin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is the first pill that I've tried which I've liked being on; I've had no acne, my periods are more manageable with mood swings GREATLY reduced (a blessing). My breasts also grew which I was pleased about as I'm usually a B cup. I had a little soreness from that but not huge amount. The only downside is weight gain. I've put on a couple of pounds and cannot seem to shift it, which is very unusual for me. I'm eating 1500 calories per day and have a varied, healthy diet but I still seem to be maintains or even gaining weight, which is a little depressing. I'm not sure I will give up on it just yet though as its great in all other respects."

Raraavis (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on this for almost 4 years. It worked great, my periods were really heavy and I had a lot of cramping but when I started taking this I had little to no period and no cramping. But this past year I've realized it has made me very moody. It and some other factors broke up my engagement because I was so moody and just a nightmare to be around sometimes. It made me bipolar. I stopped taking it a month ago and my boyfriend says he can notice a difference in my mood. Now I'm back to heavy periods and lots of cramping. It feels like I have to choose between my relationship and my BC. My insurance paid for some of this, but I still had to pay $50 a month. But I would call my Dr and they would give me a discount card and samples."

Rach1094 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 28, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am 19 years old and because of how bad my cramps used to be I have been on birth control since I was 15. I was recently on sprintec and because of how high the dose was I started taking minastrin 24 fe.. I first read the reviews which I didn't like so much, but decided to try it anyway... I started this pill and immediately my boobs got about a size bigger( which I didn't need), I have been bloated for weeks and my hair has been literally falling out. I am not one who goes by reviews because everyone's body is different, but honestly this pill has been a nightmare, and I would never recommend this to anyone"

MarissaA August 28, 2015

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I just switched to this pill from one that made me gain weight (all to boobs and butt so I'm not reeeeeally complaining but still.) This is my first period with this pill, and I'm rejoicing. I've always had extra heavy periods, and they usually last 8-9 days, so it was basically hell. I had gotten used to sleeping on a towel I always ended up leaking onto my sheets and ruining them, and I was resigned to a life of painfully large super tampons. But today - I wore a regular tampon and didn't leak? And I can wear a regular pad and sleep without a towel? This is amazing and I love it. A "

Kiddo17 August 27, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I really like this birth control I was on depo which was awful so I changed to lo loestrin fe it's been 6 months now, I have had a huge appetite increase I want to eat everything I was 110 and now I am 121 I've become a big cry baby - but as long as I don't have a child I am good I know every birth control has some side affects so I don't mind I'll stick with this one "

Glory12 August 27, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched to Lo Loestrin about a year ago. I didn't start to realize until after I was off of birth control for 2 months and started again what this BC did to me. I gained weight in only specific area like lower stomach and chest, blew up immediately after my first pack. Mind you my diet or exercise did not change but my body did. I also was bloated for 2-3 weeks at a time before and after my inactive pills. Over all Lo Loestrin did it's job for me but I am on a search for a BC thats more healthy for my body."

Gracey Lou (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 27, 2015

Balziva (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Was on this pill for two months and had a horrible experience. Please do not take this pill! It causes a lot of weight gain, acne, depression, bleeding, great tenderness, and mood swings."

B.R. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2015

For Acne: "My doctor put me on Lolo to help me with cramps and to control/improve my acne (was given a 3 month trial pack). In the first month I had spotting & I didn't get my period (it felt like it was coming but never did - only a bit of brown discharge). My acne flared up almost into cysts on my face and back. I became really sensitive and moody. I started pack #2 - hoping that if I persevered that things might improve. By week three my acne got really bad (painful cysts). I went back to my doctor and he decided that this pill was not going to work for me. He switched me to Demulen 30 (21 day) as he says the hormone balance in it would be much more effective for my cramps and acne situation."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2015

Gildess Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control is AWFUL. My boobs hurt literally all of the time. My face is constantly breaking out and I'm gaining a lot of weight. (Could be hormonal but none of the other birth control I've been on have done this). My cramps are terrible and my period is light."

Swhite512 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for 1 1/2 years. Overall good experience. Not pregnant and never have been while on this medication. I took it every morning around the same time, weekends within 4 hours of my usual time. I did not consistently have a period each month which is normal for this medication. Sometimes I had the usual cramps and mood swings around the time I was suppose to have my period but no bleeding. Had breast tenderness. I did not gain weight. No issues with acne but I have a very strong regime for that due to the type of skin I have. I would recommend to women starting birth control for the first time. I needed a higher dosage of estrogen due to breakthrough bleeding twice so now I am on Junel 1.5/30, no complaints so far."

NN007 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am 19 years old and on my third pack (possibly fourth, I can't remember for sure) of this birth control. The first two months were great! I didn't notice any side effects and my period was normal. This past month, though, I've started to notice a lot of nausea and some headaches. Most recently, my depression and anxiety have increased tenfold and gone through the roof. I can't stop crying over everything and I'm a mess all the time. It's time to stop this BC because it's just making my life a living Hell."

V1CT0R1A August 26, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Started the pills and was excited because I needed help with regularity and cramps. I ended up getting hormonal cysts that were so painful. One was almost as big as a dime on my chin and we had to push it out, yuck. My lips on my face also swelled up. Funny, but not really. I was switched onto another pill mainly because of the lips swelling."

Teenager in Texas August 25, 2015

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "I'm just finishing up my first month of Junel fe and I'm pretty pleased. I was put on Junel fe for acne and to be honest I was really skeptical because of all the negative reviews. I had an initial minor breakout but ever since then my skin has been clearing up. I've given it a 7/10 because I've noticed slight weight gain (2 pounds) and weird mood swings. But I would strongly recommend this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I LOVE this BS!!! This is the first BC I've ever taken in my life, I'm almost 26. I have been on it for about a year now and I've NEVER had any symptom or negative side effect. I've lost weight instead of gain, no acne, no pain in legs or any other part of my body, no cramps, and no spotting either. I haven't had my period since I've been taking this pill. I'm not pregnant either haha. It's the best thing that's happened to me! I highly suggest taking this form of BC, it's been nothing but amazing for me."

sgav89 August 24, 2015