Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 81 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 36 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1422 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by 32 yr old (taken for less than 1 month):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: My gyno prescribed this pill because I've had dysfunctional uterine bleeding and I'm guessing this brand must be used to help with this. A week after I started taking this I started noticing that it felt like my heart was racing and I could feel tingling down my left arm. I asked my doctor about it and they said that sometimes the shift in hormones while taking birth control can cause this. I kept taking it and kept having what felt like heart palpitations. They were very uncomfortable and would wake me at night frequently. Finally after a couple weeks of this I'd had enough. My Dr recommended I stop the pill and get cardiology monitoring. I had an EKG done and the results were normal. But ended up in the ER. This pill is not for everyone.

April 25, 2015 11:38 AM

Review by Tara Mango Pineapple:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Been on this for a week now. So far my acne has cleared up. Breasts have noticeably gotten larger. Sex drive is definitely higher (and more enjoyable). Some food cravings but not larger appetite. Just want certain things. Had slight tension headaches and mild nausea first few days, however increasing my water intake helped dissipate these symptoms. Slight moodiness first few days similar to PMS but less intense. Some loose stools. On day 8 and feeling great. The body was just getting used to the new hormones. The boyfriend loves the noticeably larger breasts and increased sex drive.

April 24, 2015 11:21 PM

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I used the pill for 1 month and 9 days. I did not get my period the first month. But had cramps for weeks, which was the reason for beginning this pill in the first place. I gained 10 pounds, then lost it the week I was off, then gained it back again after the first 7 days of the 2nd pack. I had no interest in doing anything. I would be angry or I would cry. I cried everyday, for no reason. When I would cry hysterically for hours at a time is when I threw them in the garbage. I know they say it takes 3 months to get regulated, it is just not worth it. I would rather feel happy, then hinder cramp pain which only lasted a few days anyways.

April 24, 2015 10:17 PM

Review by Steph04:

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I was put on this higher dose hormone birth control pill in May 2014 when my pcos diagnosis was confirmed. January 15 2015 I was hospitalized for Acute Bilateral Emboli. It is now my belief, which should be confirmed in June, that the birth control caused the blood clots in my lungs. I have been on regular birth control 1/20 for over 10 years before this to treat menstrul pain and prevent new cysts from forming before I was diagnosed with pcos they just diagnosed me with ovarian cysts. Although I don't know if it was the higher dose that caused the clots I am no longer on combination birth control because of it. I will never be able to tale combination pills again.

April 24, 2015 11:30 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Some weight gain and light or nonexistent periods.

April 23, 2015 12:16 PM

Review by 23YO (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for 4 months. The first month my period was normal (for me - quite heavy), the second month my period was very light, and ever since I have not had a period. I still notice bloating and slight weight gain before my period, but no other side effects. Although the pill itself is quite expensive, it is worth it because I no longer have to buy hygiene products since I don't have a period.

April 22, 2015 9:05 PM

Review by Medical79 (taken for less than 1 month):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started Lo Loestrin Fe 3 weeks ago, and so far have had a great expierence on it, no weight gain,(Ive actually lost 3 lbs) and if anything my moods are alot better, no nausea, no headaches. Overall this pill is good so far. I was put on this due to very heavy bleeding every month, and clots the size of plums coming out every 10 min from me. I had a DNC to try and correct bleeding before I started the pill, and that worked for 2 months, then went right back to the same thing, bleeding like crazy for weeks with clots. About 3 days into the pill my bleeding has completly stopped, no cramps, no clots. I worry about the weight gain, so hopefully I will not gain. Overall I think this pill is doing its job and I would recommend.

April 22, 2015 10:05 AM

Review by ashsavannah15:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I began taking this pill in December 2014 and stopped taking it after I finished my third pack. My breasts were continuously very tender throughout the entire time. The first month I did not have a period and I had two light periods per month after that, however, I did not have any cramping. I also had slight weight gain and ance and extreme hair loss.

April 20, 2015 10:13 PM

Review by AlexisNicole:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about 4 years and haven't had any problems. Periods are so light and last about 3 days as long as you take the pills when you're suppose to. I haven't had any side effects that I have noticed. This pill is perfect

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2015 4:13 PM

Review by dsc9893 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: When I first starting taking Lo Loestrin Fe, it was the first birth control pill I had taken, so I was expecting to become a little moody (which had subsided after about two weeks), but besides that I was completely fine. The first month on the pill I had a little breakthrough bleeding (very little brown discharge-- only for a couple of days), and this too had subsided after the first month. Ever since then I have had no period, no weight gain, no cramps, no breakthrough bleeding, no spotting, no nothing!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2015 12:02 PM

Review by Gabby323 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: After over 1 year without birth control, I tried lo lo estrin at the insistence of my OB. I tried it for 4 months, waiting for the bleeding and spotting to stop, despite making sure every day I took the pill at the exact same time. Besides the non-stop spotting, I also found my libido affected. I stopped wanting and enjoying sex. I finally went back to the pill I had previously used and am back to normal periods and enjoying sex.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2015 5:09 PM

Review by M Jay (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for : I started taking birth control when I was 15 because my periods were extremely heavy and my cramps were unbearable. Over the 2 years that I've taken it, I can say that my periods have lightened up tremendously, my cramps have lessened, and even my face has cleared up. However, emotionally speaking - I constantly felt irritable, was always hungry, and got sad over nearly everything. It was like being on my period every day, only without the actual period part. I've gained over 40 pounds, which I can't contribute all to the pill of course, but I can say that it has definitely played a part in it. I can't say it will affect everyone as it did me, but I am currently switching to a lower dosage in hopes that I can get back to myself.

April 19, 2015 11:08 AM

Review by Ashley299:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for about 5 months and I have no major complaints. I was on Lo Loestrin FE for 6 months prior but unfortunately had to switch because it was too expensive. The only thing I've noticed is that I get very emotional over tiny things unlike when I was on Lo Loestrin. My period is extremely regular. (Always comes on the first day of the placebo pill week, very light and only for about 3-4 days.) Also cleared up my skin big time and no weight gain at all. (I've actually lost 7 pounds since being on BC and have had very little change in my eating patterns and physical activity.) Would've given it a 10 if it weren't for the mood swings.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 18, 2015 10:18 AM

Review by Bambii (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I like this pill but, I rarely get any side affects. The taste is terrible to me though... its like a terrible mint flavor to me. Your period blood might be brown, mine was, its just my little warning. The first couple of times I thought it was early stages of pregnancy but that is a side effect that is important! You blood being brown is not bad its just old blood. I usually get a day of brown stuff and then red the rest of the way through. My period also ends quicker thank God . Pain wise I used to have terrible cramps to the point I would throw up it was so bad I had to stay home from school. During my period now I would get cramps but not as bad as before and just nausea.

April 18, 2015 7:40 AM

Review by S.M. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: My biggest fear with bc pills was the weight gain - I can assure you now that this does not happen & is somewhat of a myth. I'm married, been on this pill for about two plus years & haven't had any scares or issues. I get a little nausea when starting a new pack so I always take at night (my only real hang up). Never emotional, super light and predictable periods. Very happy.

April 17, 2015 11:52 PM

Review by lulalaefa (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I am super sensitive to most birth control, but this pill is perfect. I have been on this pill for a year, and I will continue. I still experience some PMS (a few acne spots on my jawline and I'm extra moody/ hungry), but I haven't had a period the entire time. No weight gain either!

April 17, 2015 8:31 PM

Review by AbiCora:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been so moody while on this! I bled the whole first month (which I let slide because my body is getting used to the hormones). But I can't get over feeling exhausted and depressed all the time. I'm switching to another kind today.

April 17, 2015 12:43 PM

Review by Ells44:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for a little over three years. I started taking it after painful periods. I probably have gained 15 pounds since I started taking it but I'm also 3 years older and glad I don't look like a teenager anymore. In the beginning I took the brown placebos but I stopped and just go from one pack to the next without taking them so I haven't had a period for awhile. I'll have my mood swings sometimes but I had those before being on bc. Other than that I love it.

April 16, 2015 10:11 AM

Review by Britini12:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Been on this pill for almost a month now and I love it so far!!! I had acne before and now I have literally no pimples. Its awesome. Not any weight gain or loss and no mood swings.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2015 5:37 PM

Review by CarolineA:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about two months now and I've experienced weight gain, extreme mood changes, and irregular periods (which may be because I just began taking it.) So far it's done its job, but the side effects taking a toll on my body are no longer tolerable for me personally.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2015 9:57 PM

Review by Lolo25251:

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: Went on it for acne on my chest and neck. It helped that but then it made my face break out like I've never seen. 30+ pimples (mostly by my chin/mouth). It made me so incredibly moody too and break through bleeding for 2 weeks and I just said NO and stopped it. Would never recommend this to anyone, EVER.

April 13, 2015 9:41 PM

Review by Ramonja:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: My daughter suffered with a heavy flow and debilitating cramps. It felt powerless not to be able to help her. I took her to a Gyn doc and she was placed on this medication. After 2 months she was so much better. By the 3rd mth she had a allergic reaction and broke out in hives all over her arms that were itchy red circular spots. Her face broke out as well. I hope the next birth control pill works for her cramps as well as the rest of her. But for now this is not it..signed sad mom.

April 13, 2015 7:28 PM

Review by Castillo R.:

Gildess Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: Still feeling the terrible cramps. Has lightened my acne and helped me lose weight.

April 13, 2015 12:11 AM

Review by Bcontrol:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Generess was hell for the first month that I took it, I was hungry hungry, broke out, gained weight, I also threw up. But after that month the exact opposite happened, I lost all the weight, my skin was completely clear and my breasts were huge.

April 11, 2015 7:33 PM

Review by N/A95:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Worst bc pill ever. I've been on a few different pills and i've never had a bad reaction until i took this one. I was getting my period twice a month and had awful mood swings.

April 10, 2015 7:28 PM