User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 80 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 32 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1245 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by stephvt (taken for less than 1 month):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started this pill and have noticed serious changes. Moodiness, very snappy, depressed, thinking negative. Although I don't feel nauseous or dizziness.

September 24, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by allim (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I never had a bad experience with this pill. I freaked out when I first started taking it because I didn't have a period. But I fell in love with it. I don't have periods. I don't get any weight gain or mood swings. I have been on this pill for about 4years now. It does take a bit for your both do get use to a pill. So don't hate it. It will take a month to a few. I haven't had any problems with it.

September 22, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by Sarah m B:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about a year, after switching from one that made me very very moody. I have noticed a much lower sex drive, but it does its job so I'm not complaining. My period is always on time, I hardly ever spot between them an I am overall very pleased!

September 22, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by Aleccd:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: While this birth control did it's job by being a good contraceptive, I have a lot of symptoms with it. I gained 15 lbs in the first 2 months, had so much acne, and just felt like complete crap. I couldn't do it anymore after the 6th month, so I stopped taking it. Everyone is different but it is definitely not for me.

September 20, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm getting ready to finish up my second pack at the end of this week. I have to say after the first month, I really debated to quit taking it. I had HORRIBLE side effects. Constant headaches, muscle aches and spasms and my period was HORRIFIC. Then again this was the first real period I've had in years. It came on my 2nd week and lasted throughout the rest of my pack and it was HEAVY. Like 3 boxes of super tampons heavy! I was breaking out, cramps were TERRIBLE, irritable and felt like I had no energy BUT I found out I was also extremely deficient in Vitamin D and I needed more potassium. Now that I'm taking my multi-vitamins, I've found that my side effects have really subsided. My period is LIGHT and my sex drive has increased.

September 15, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by Jamiek11:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've just recently started taking Minastrin, I haven't even made it through the first packet and I'm noticing side effects. I've had severe back pain, and mild mood swings, I want to cry all the time & it's affecting my relationship. I get mad at my boyfriend for every single thing he does & I was not like that at all before. I've been a very angry and depressed person since taking it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Review by Hatethispill (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Terrible headaches, heavy bleeding throughout the month. Awful experience.

September 10, 2014 3:09 AM

Review by Sal 19371:

Gildess Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was on Gianvi before which gave me HORRIBLE mood swings, I put on weight, and I had my period every day. I was then switched to Gildess Fe and I love it. My weight went down and it's east for me to lose weight. I don't really have junk cravings, and I don't get my period. The first month of taking this medicine I spotted every day, but by the second pack all my spotting was gone. Definitely would recommend this medicine.

September 9, 2014 11:18 AM

Review by Kendyl22:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was browsing the web looking for reviews for contraceptive options, due to the fact that it is hard for me to remember to take the pill everyday. I have been on Loestrin/Minastrin for 6 years now, and I have loved it. I was put on this birth control my first day at the gyno as a test pack to see if the pill was right for me. I fell in love with fact that you only had to have your period four days a month so I was sold! The only time I wasn't on this pill is when my pharmacy accidentally prescribed me the generic brand but it was an easy fix. For anyone who wants to try it I encourage them to do so. It has been awesome for me. I never seemed to have any problems with it!

September 6, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by harper21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is probably the pill I'll never take. The first six months were great. I lost weight, had 100% regular periods with no in between bleeding. Now I've had a good 4 months of non-stop anxiety, paranoia, and depression that wasn't there before. I have also developed bleeding the week before my period is supposed to show up. Definitely switching pills ASAP.

September 6, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by KayRenee:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm a week from completing my 2nd pack of this birth control and so far, so good. My first two weeks I experienced slight nausea, nothing to stop my day. I did have recurrent headaches during that period as well however, they've diminished in occurrence. My first 'period' was extremely light. I only saw pale streaks upon wiping, nothing transferred to my liner. I have experienced a leap in my appetite so I've had to take more care in my eating habits. Overall, I'd recommend this pill to others. My effects have been minimal and I still feel like myself.

September 5, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by HappyNoww:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: After being on four different types of birth control pills in 3 1/2 yrs and having HORRIBLE side effects ranging from acne, hair falling out, spotting for months, to anxiety, to stroke-like sypmtoms and going to the ER, my OBGYN suggested Generess FE. I LOVE this pill! No side effects at all, other than my breasts have gone from a 34C to a very full 34D! No weight gain (other than in my chest), nausea, headaches, no "foggy" feeling at all. These pills are easy to take, pleasant tasting, and the light, 2-3 day periods are an awesome bonus! I am so happy to have found a birth control pill that works for me and doesn't have nasty side effects. I highly recommend this form of birth control!

September 4, 2014 11:38 PM

Review by Tutsy:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Made me moody mid cycle and really pms-y the week before my period. I lost my period for a while there and they tried me on this birth control to help it start up again. I didn't gain weight until about 6 months of taking it, I started to baloon up from 117-132lbs. I'm not very tall so it was noticeable. It made it hard to lose weight. It's been a week since I've stopped the birth control and I already feel less hungry and less puffy. Losing the weight will be no problem now I feel. This compared to others was much better, but not for me long term.

September 4, 2014 8:53 PM

Review by Neisha615:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is my first month of using this birth control I haven't had a period yet. I'm broke out in bad acne having mood swings and depression, which I don't like. I stay angry at everybody. I'm on my last week of the pill I'll never take this pill again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2014 10:56 PM

Review by Jocey1990:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Well the first 2 months on Microgestin Fe 1/20 my period didn't regulate until the third month. I started the 4th month pack & got my period a week before & it's a super light flow. I called my doctor & they prescribed me a higher dosage 1.5/30 and they said for sure my period should cut off & regulate. But I didn't have any side effects or weight gain or bad acne. I'm going to finish this first pack if I don't like it then I'll switch to Aviane.

September 2, 2014 7:29 PM

Review by JNVW:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: When I first started this medicine, I would get headaches and feel super sleepy within the first 5 minutes of taking it. But those side effects subsided as I got to my next pill pack. Probably the worst part of this medication is that it caused me to have more and consistent acne than before (which is one reason why I wanted birth control in the first place). Along with acne, Microgestin Fe 1/20 caused the skin above my upper lip to darken (known as Melasma). It wasn't too noticeable at first, but as summer went on, and with more sun, it got worse. It was effective as a birth control and good with period regulation but I wasn't pleased with the negative side-effects AT ALL so I have recently switched over to Gianvi.

September 1, 2014 10:13 PM

Review by Tiff-Bunny:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is the first time being on birth control. I've been on the pill for 3 months, I am 5'2 and I was 130lbs before, now I'm 150lbs. I don't have mood swings, and my sex drive is still pretty high, and my skin looks amazing. Overall the pill does it's job.

August 31, 2014 11:03 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've started taking this pill about a month ago and only complaint I have is I broke out along my chin and jawline. It's beginning to clear up and I heard that it takes 1 or 2 packs for the acne to balance out. So far I love this pill!

August 31, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by missdolly (taken for less than 1 month):

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I have been on Microgestin 1/20 for about three weeks now and the side effects were not shy. First two days I had bad migraines, the third and fourth had cramps and the fifth to seventh day I was extremely depressed. I cried over almost everything and anything. Starting the second week it seemed like things were going okay until I started bleeding and it hasn't stopped. Isn't that the whole purpose? I got over my period two and a half weeks ago and now I'm getting it again and there are no signs of it stopping anytime soon. Good thing is I don't have mood swings or anything anymore but this excessive bleeding is now the problem.

August 30, 2014 11:36 AM

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is the third birth control I have tried and I have no complaints whatsoever! I've been on it for a little over a year now. It has the lowest dosage of artificial hormones, doesn't make me gain weight or have crazy mood swings. The only things I have noticed while taking it is occasionally a low sex drive, which is honestly not a problem unless you want to feel sexy 24/7, which, let's face it, is just not for everyone. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is starting out on birth control for the first time or is looking for an alternative. It's gentle, it's not conflicting with my lifestyle and I have my period regularly without any spotting. Everyone's body is different, so definitely ask your OBGYN. Hope this helps!

August 25, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by mm3100:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: LOVE this birth control! First 3 months were pretty rough as my body adjusted but now that I'm on my 5th pack I feel 100% like myself! No acne, no weight gain, no mood swings, great energy, normal appetite, etc. Once your body adjusts to it its a great birth control option!

August 22, 2014 2:35 PM

Review by TJ1234:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is my first birth control ever. I am 18 years old, 116lbs and am on my third week. It made my vagina really dry. Gave me emotional mood swings. I am also upset at my boyfriend and feeling angry. I have no sexual drive. I am definitely going to try another pill.

August 20, 2014 12:10 PM

Review by Tbaby02:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is the first birth control I have ever been on, and it's awful. I only gave it a 10 because it does what it's suppose to. I've been on the pill for 6 months. The first three months I had severe acne. I've never had an acne problem until then. Spotting is a severe problem, I have to wear pads majority of the time (two weeks at the most with no spotting). Periods are very irregular, one day I'm good the next few days I'm not. I've experienced mood swings, and cramping. Not a good experience at all.

August 19, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by randombee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I take birth control for my severe PMS symptoms, and this is easily the best I've tried. After a few days of very mild nausea in the beginning, Microgestin 1/20 has given me no noticeable side effects besides going up a full cup size. If anything, I've lost weight (including the three pounds I gained on my previous birth control), have had no breakouts or spotting, and cramps so mild that for the first time in a long time, I didn't need to take any pain medication. Plus, the low dose means no significant increase in breast cancer risk. I'd recommend this BC to anyone.

August 19, 2014 2:05 PM

Review by CMLM:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I gained a lot of weight and had a significant increase in headaches. It left me feeling moody, tired and unbalanced.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate