User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, ...show all 93 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 47 reviews 160 medications

4.4
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 2380 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Horrible I started it about 3 weeks ago now and since my anxiety has been horrible I cannot enjoy my days I'm constantly nauseous severe cramps and I've started bleeding again two days ago and my pains are horrible when my bleeding started again I also had pretty bad diahrea my stomach has always been a strong one and it seems to be so far off and upset all the time now I've got weird headaches dizziness and lower back pain this pill sucks will stop taking this pill after today when I finally realized what it really was"

Lizzie1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I started Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo when I turned 18; used it for about 3 years until my cycles started showing up whenever they wanted. My doctor switched me to Sprintec, which was a constant dose of hormone as opposed to the increasing dose like OTCL. Sprintec turned me into an absolutely CRAZY person; my emotions were out of control and my doc seemed to think there was no problem at all. I took myself off of the meds for about 6 months trying to rebalance my system and found a new doctor. My new doctor diagnosed me with PCOS and suggested Lo Loestrin Fe. She told me there was a good chance that my period would go away entirely and asked if I was ok with that. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! Spotted ONCE since starting it in Nov 2014--no more cycle!"

finally! (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this medication a little over 7 months now. I take it so I don't have to get my period. I used to get awful period pains and now I have absolutely none! I used to struggle with acne and was worried it might make me break out, but if anything it made my skin clearer. Also my breasts went up a size and haven't gained weight anywhere else so far. When I first started I dealt with a little breakthrough bleeding but that went away after a week or two. So for me personally I have had a really good experience with it. I would recommend trying it, BUT if you feel depressed or get bad side effects like others on it, I would try something new right away. It's just about finding the right birth control for your body"

Jordyn19 May 2, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control has been nothing but great. I used to have the worst period, and now they are short and my cramps aren't as bad. My skin is clear, and I'm not pregnant!! I give this a thumbs up!"

7821 May 2, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "perfect!!! in the first pack, my skin cleared up and there was no weight gain, and I had the lightest period of my life!!! four days, and very light. second pack was a little rough on my skin and I had gained five pounds, but by the third pack my skin was crystal clear again and I had lost the weight I had gained. still very light periods, and definitely not pregnant. I wish I could go back to this, but it stopped being covered by my insurance three packs in. if this is covered by your insurance, I hope this works for you because I would give anything to go back to this one."

Emily I May 2, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is the third week I have been on this pill. Absolutely worst birth control I have ever taken. I have been having really bad pains in my chest like the left side where my heart is. Shortness of breath, pains in my breast, and mind grains on a daily basis. I am stopping this pill as of today. I think I will just use condoms because I not putting my life at risk again."

Jazzy93 May 2, 2016

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I'm 41. My latest check up showed that I'm severely anemic. My GYN prescribed Junel Fe. As soon as I started taking it, I started to have heavy bleeding, humongous blood clots, horrible cramps, and migraine for 15 days now. I called my GYN's emergency line by the 11th day, & she advised me to stop taking the pill immediately. Guess what, the heavy bleeding continues, abdominal cramps are non-stop despite taking pain medication & has gotten me doubled over and in tears for days on end. Now my GYN wants to discuss surgery to fix my bleeding & my anemia. I'm still bleeding as I'm typing this. It's the 15th day, & 4 days since I stopped taking the pill."

Jo-ana May 2, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "Like many other posts, I'm not one to write reviews. However, to add to the list of complaints, this birth control has made my face horrible. I've always had great skin, after being on it for a mere 5 weeks I am shocked every time I look in the mirror. I am switching tomorrow. Not only acne, but I have gained 5 pounds in the 5 weeks and also have had a couple anxiety attacks which is very unlike me. Not only do I want to share my experience, but if I am in any place for advice; I advise not to get on this pill."

Pretty underwhelming (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I've been on this pill for 2 years, when I first started using it is didn't see immediate change right away, but I continued to use the pill gradually and started to see great changes. I do not have break outs and I use to have extreme unbearable cramps where I could not walk nor stand, now my cramps are very tolerable and lasts for half a day with the help of Tylenol strength. My period comes on Wednesday and is off by Friday every month. This pill is really good and I will continue to use it."

HappyUser23 May 1, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking Lo Loestrin about 5 years ago and was very satisfied with pill. I had just switched from taking the depo shot and lost all the exceeds weight I had not been able to lose and felt like an entirely new person. Fast forward to the summer of 2015 and my gyno switches me to A new medication because Lo Loestrin was "not available". I was able to get it again around October and it has not been the same pill. I've gained 25 pounds to date which is a substantial amount of weight for my body and developed hives as well, which I have never had before in my life. I will never take Lo Loestrin again."

Kaliz (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "TERRIBLE! NEVER AGAIN! I switched to this pill after being in the mini pill because I stopped breastfeeding. This was the worst mistake ever! Since being on this pill (for 6 weeks) I've gained 10 lbs, I'm so increadibly moody that I'm constantly fed up with everyone/crying/stressed to the point I can't handle basic every day things without breaking down... My skin looks horrible, I never have acne, and my face, back & chest are covered... I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy..."

JennieK223 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Spotty and long/weird periods at first. Now have regulated and seem to be on schedule - my last period was truly two light days! Yay! I used to completely soak through a super plus tampon in 3 hours before starting this pill and now I can wear light tampons without a backup pad!!! I've noticed some breast tenderness and I do feel that I tend be more sensitive emotionally or feel like crying more easily than before. I am not normally very emotional. However, it's nothing to a significant level. Totally manageable emotions for me and only last a couple days at a time. Seems to be working as far as no babies go ;) No affected libido, no weight gain, no skin issues, no nausea, etc."

MeesieMosie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for about a month and a half now and I have had the WORST experience. This is my first time on the pill because I had awful period pains. I was on my period for 2 weeks straight on this pill. I have become an emotional, irritable mess. I've yelled at my boyfriend for the dumbest things and cry at literally EVERYTHING. This pill has made me crazy moody and psycho! And even my sister and boyfriend have noticed a change in my personality. Also, my skin has never been this worse. I've gotten clumps of cystic acne all along my chin, neck, and cheeks. It is SO bad. I am planning on stopping because it is doing nothing for me! I would NOT recommend."

RSchleicher April 30, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Endometriosis: "I was put on this medication because I suffer from endometriosis related pain as well as extremely irregular periods (I had about 3-5 periods a year versus once a month). I can happily say that I no longer double over in pain, it's still uncomfortable but not unbearable, my periods are also much more consistent. However, I have noticed mood swings that I have never had a problem with before, as well as more than normal breakouts (mostly around my chin and cheeks). I also experienced a bit of nausea the first couple months I was taking it, eating right before you take it helps a lot. Overall it did what my doctor and I set out to initially do, but it does have some side effects i'm not thrilled about."

Anonymous April 30, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I wanna start by saying thank you ladies for sharing your reviews , I have a rare blood disorder that cause me to bleed easy especially during my cycle , I've tryed many many different ones for years but Gildess seems to do the job my first month I spotted for about a week my next month was light and no cramps, just cravings now this is the third month it seems to have changed the day I get my period I could tell because when it come the second month . The only complaints I have is I've been having severe cramping the closer to my period & weird sharp pains in my temples and a bit of soreness but nothing that's not manageable good luck ladies , oh and a bit of acne that's easy to manage works really good though"

L. Cherry (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "A sample was given to me by my doc. A week has past and I'm moody & bloated all the time. Is anybody else experiencing the same symptom? (I have been on many different birth controls and this is the first time I've had this much discomfort and continuous bloating)"

Yssp (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Worst pill ever!!! I started taking this pill to regulate my period, clear my skin, and combat night sweats. I figure at mid 40s, I might be just now losing to much estrogen. Within one week, I went from having a high sex drive to none. I had hot flashes all day and was sweating like a gross animal, which only increased my acne. The fun continued as I had day long anxiety! There was no way I was waiting to see if my body regulated.. This pill got the trash!"

Lynn Callahan April 29, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "While it was effective, I hated the side effects and am discontinuing after less than one month. It made me feel hungry and I started to break out. I was having sleep issues and bleeding in between periods. I'm currently on my cycle and I'm miserable. My period has been heavy for four days and I have cramps. This is unusual for me. Not worth it!"

CMBO April 29, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this birth control for 4 months. I noticed severe side effects almost instantly, but decided to give it some time to work through my body. I have experienced EXTREME mood issues, panic attacks, cramping, fatigue, restlessness, no sex drive, and also terrible acne mostly along my jaw line and my shoulders. It's embarrassing. I am discontinuing the use of this birth control. I cannot continue to be an emotional mess. I want my happy self back again. I am sick of being overly paranoid, depressed, and angry. My boyfriend doesnt understand what this drug is doing to me and just thinks im "crazy", but im not. :( this drug is awful."

Anonymous April 28, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My Experience were constant weight gain migraines very bad abdominal pain mood swings and heavy periods and bad cramps. i do not recommended this for anyone and would give 0 stars if i could."

BriiJ98 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill for four months. A week after I started it, I noticed my hair was significantly thinner than normal. The hair loss kept getting worse over the next few months, which is terrifying, I can assure you. I quickly fell into a black hole of depression, which I had never had problems with before. I also had no libido and horrible dryness, to the point that it hurt to even touch my labia. I also gained weight in weird places and had the "pregnant woman body." I quit the pill two weeks ago and it's like a black cloud has been lifted off me. I'm crying reading these reviews because it's such a relief to know I'm not crazy. If you're on this pill, just watch out for the side effects and know it's not you, it's the pill."

DagnyErin April 28, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I wouldn't recommend this BC. It made me feel like I was in my first trimester of pregnancy again....nauseated, exhausted, aversion to food, etc. On top of that, towards the end of the first month, I ended up with major depression from this pill. Not to mention the spotting. I really wanted to give my body the full 3 months to adjust to this pill, but I couldn't do it. I hope people have better luck than me, but if you have the same experience, I'd say get off Lolo ASAP."

Cangal868 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "While this was an effective contraceptive, the negative side effects were beyond unbearable. Within the first week, I experienced the most horrible cystic acne break out of my life. The progesterin in this pill is androgen based, which is found to increase acne. Additionally, my mood swings were wild, and I found myself feeling incredibly depressed. I would cry for literally no reason. This birth control ruined my skin. I switched to a different BC, and since then my skin and mood have improved exponentially."

Idkhannah April 25, 2016

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Everyone is different, but I have LOVED this! I haven't experienced any side effects, except now when I start to get my period, my breasts hurt a little bit it goes away once I start. My period has lightened, my acne has cleared up, and I haven't gotten pregnant, so, I recommend this!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 25, 2016

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I've been taking this pill for two months now and have been bleeding for the last 28 days, and this is with already skipping the sugar pills. Can't imagine if I actually had let my body have a period. The doctor said give it three months, I'm waiting. I have cramps every day, motrin is like a daily routine now day and night. Has anyone experienced this?"

Your buddy April 23, 2016