User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 38 reviews 161 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 137 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1575 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My dr decided to switch me to this bc just to try a different kind because I had a headache every period. Well took this pill for 4 days. I felt awful. I woke up feeling hungover every morning, headaches, dizziness. Almost fainted at work. So I called my Dr and switched right back to my previous bc. And it's been over 2 months since this and I've lost a lot of hair ( and I mean a lot!!!!!! )"

AmyJo23 July 3, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on lolo for 8 months now. It's finally time I give my review. The first 3 months I had very light periods then after I just didn't have any periods. As we speak my breasts started to be tender. This is the first time in 8 months. Also I get yeast infection like every month. I am super dry down there even with foreplay. My sex drive is gone through the window. I do not have anymore mood swings so that's a plus. I'm taking an appointment to change my bc. I tried jasmin, alesse, IUD copper, marvelon, the patch. So yeah I've been around and tried them all. Maybe it just wasn't for me."

Dontwalkmypath (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for about 9 months. I am 29 and newly married. I thought I'd check and see if any others had sleeplessness and restlessness. Not sure if it is this pill or the big life change. Also I don't think I am depressed just super emotional. I can cry at the drop of a hat.. Seriously. My hubby doesn't notice that change but I do. Not sure how linked the sleeplessness and emotional tears are."

Christina122 July 3, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on the pill for 6 years. I no longer get my period. When I get off to give my body a break I get my period for 3 days light. I do experience headaches when stressed and excessive discharge as a side effect. My blood pressure is always a little higher than normal. I love the pill and recommend it."

Carmen de Miami June 30, 2015

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I had my period three times the first month, two on the second and two times again on the third. While this BC did not make me gain weight, I don't believe it helped with my acne much. I called my dr after the third month and she switched me to something different... just hope this won't be as bad as this pill... expect to be on your period the whole three first months, really.."

I Absolutely Do NOT Recommend (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I read a lot of reviews so was so scared cuz it seem like a bad pill but honestly I love it so much the only side effect I have is dizziness & nauseous but they are minimum after that I feel good. I have been on this pill for a week Today I will report after I finish my pack. BTW this is the 1st birth control pill I ever take"

Teddy...... June 28, 2015

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I've been taking Gildess for about 11 months now. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, so my periods are normally very far and few. I was prescribed Gildess to regulate my periods, but mainly to help with PMDD. Since taking Gildess, it has helped tremendously with my anger/depression. My mood swings are gone, but I've gained 40 pounds! One of the side effects of this med is weight gain and cravings for carbs and sweets. I like what Gildess has done for my mood, but I hate the weight gain. That may be a factor in me stopping this medication soon."

Manderrott June 27, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Minastrin for about 5 months and have had no real negative physical side effects. My boobs grew a half of a cup side but that was it for physical effects. I did, however, experience emotional and psychological side effects. I noticed that I rarely wanted to leave the house and had no desire to see friends. It made me extremely overdramatic and moody. I just switched to another BC because I was beginning to feel too depressed. I'm not certain that this depression is coming from Minastrin but it began around the time I started this pill."

Eileen1230 June 27, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I got this medicine in early January, it is now almost July. I LOVE IT. I am a migraine sufferer and have seizures, it was super hard to get me a birth control that I like (I've tried 7 other types). I wasn't allowed to have certain types due to the seizures so they were limited. I didn't hear about Lo Loestrin Fe until I made my first appointment with an GYN. Now that I'm on it, no sore boobs, no moodiness, no weight gain, no acne. I got my period for the first time today (which is why I was researching if that happened to anybody else) but its really light and seems like nothing to worry about. So I would definitely recommend for anybody like me!"

72727341829008372116234 June 27, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I got put on this bcp after I had surgery to remove ovarian cysts on both ovaries. Bcp is supposed to stop cysts from coming back. I didn't notice any weight gain while I was on this pill, however I worked out 3-4 times a week to avoid possible weight gain. I have back acne and occasional pimples on my face I didn't notice it did anything to make it better or worsen it. I have some hair growth on my chin :'( which this didn't do anything to help or worsen my condition. Did not notice many side effects overall while on the pill. Once I stopped taking it I noticed heavier periods, cramps (didn't have them before bcp), pain on my ovaries and headaches. Wasn't able to go back to see if it helped my cysts because I lost insurance coverage."

MsGee (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2015

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 17 and I took this pill for around 2 years. Initially I started this pill to help with my heavy and irregular periods and my acne. I've had moderate-severe acne since I was 7 and I was desperate for a change. I never completely got rid of it over two years, I'd still get break outs especially on my back and chest. Little did I know that the type of progestin in this pill is not known to help acne. My gynecologist switched me onto Yaz today. However, this pill did regulate and lighten my periods but not without terrible, terrible cramps. I also started noticing hair loss over the last year but that could be due to stress. It had no effect on my mood and I didn't gain any weight at all, so that was nice."

Rose773 June 26, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on LoEstrin Fe 24 for quite some time, and then I guess my insurance didn't pay for it and I ended up switching to Microgestin Fe 1/20. I've been on this birth control for nearly 2 years, and it's done the job with minimal side effects. I've been taking Microgestin consistently with Neurontin and Adderall while also taking it with other various medications. I mainly switched because Lutera was giving me horrible acne and spotting. With Microgestin, my acne has been relatively normal except the last couple of months, which could have been induced by stress. Periods on Microgestin are shorter and sometimes nonexistent. However, my libido hasn't been the same in years since I've been on birth control, so I'm considering the IUD"

justacollegegradsharing (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had to switch over to Minastrin because Loestrin was discontinued. I've been on this pill for a year and a half now and it's the worst pill out there. I'm 21 and fit but I have developed varicose veins from this pill. Ever since I started they have been popping up everywhere on my legs. Also I have no sex drive putting a strain on my relationship. And I have gained over 30 pounds. I'm just dropping this pill all together."

Saramariexx June 26, 2015

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "the first month was horrible i was so moody and hated everyone it felt like. I am going back to discuss different options but this did make me very moody and gain weight. Also made me dry."

vic888 June 26, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been using this birth control for almost a year now. It's my very first pill & I haven't had any problems with weight gain, mood, or even spotting in between periods. However, it is important to take it daily around the same time. At the same time is better, if possible. I use this as my main method of birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for treatment of Endometriosis and Adenomyosis for going on 5 months, and I have to say that I am very happy with this pill. After the nightmare experience with my last pill, Seasonique (severe depression, constant bleeding, upset stomach, zero libido) this pill is a Godsend. The first month was, admittedly, rough (as it normally is when switching birth control pills). I had massive mood swings and 1 week of spotting. But since then it has been smooth sailing! The only issue I have is low libido. I'm guessing I'd probably have that problem with any hormonal pill, so I'm making the best of it. But Lo Loestrin Fe helps keep me pain free and has the added bonus of no bleeding! A so far!"

AJC_78 June 25, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Microgestin Fe 1/20 for a month and a half. The first month was hell, I got really depressed and broke out with acne on my face so I wanted to switch. However, I'm still not pregnant so that's really good. My period has regulated which is awesome, it got irregular from being on the depo shot. My breasts haven't grown any larger, like many of you are reporting. I would recommend this birth control if you don't get depressed easily. I haven't gained any weight only bad mood swings, acne and cravings. I really like this birth control and my doctor recommended being on it for 6 months so that my body can get completely used to it."

Bmedina June 25, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My experience on this BC has been horrible I bleed very heavily before I get on placebo pills. Horrible cramping, hot flashes, mood swings. I got on this pill to make my periods lighter but this pill made them 1000x worst. Definatley switching."

Tam tam June 24, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I wanted to write this review because I see others really struggling with Minastrin at first and I want to tell you - take heart! I'm in my second month on this pill, and the first was rough. I had mood swings, bloating and bleeding every day for a month. I felt miserable and was convinced I would stop taking this. However, took the very first pill of my second pack and every single symptom disappeared overnight. I don't have a single issue anymore and the bleeding stopped. Not even experiencing spotting. I know every body is different so I'm not saying this will work for you as well, but in my case, sticking it out that first month was so important. I'm really glad I stayed with it, and I hope you give it a chance too."

Lb345 June 24, 2015

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on a lot of birth control pills, but this is the worst birth control I've taken to date. I had to switch because I have an estrogen intolerance so I was getting severe migraines with regular pills. Although this pill has helped with that, I have found myself completely unable to orgasm when I have sex with my fiance (something that used to be easy), I have had terrible changes with my sleeping patterns, and I have overall felt like my body and mind are detached from each other. The benefits of not having migraines and overall lighter periods do NOT outweigh the negatives of this pill."

Collegegirl123 June 23, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 6 months now for birth control and heavy periods. It first took a little bit to regulate and so the second month my period was two weeks long, but it was extremely light. I went from bleeding for 7 days straight through tampons and pads every few hours to being able to wear a pantiliner and change it mid day without worrying about bleeding through. My periods only last 3 days now and I have little cramping. I have experienced mood swings the first week I start a new month of medication and my boobs have increased in size and one is slightly larger than the other. I have had some cramping throughout the month and missed my period the 4th month. I was scared I was pregnant but other women have experienced the same issue. I've had few issues."

Foxxy June 23, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "It made my boobs bigger, ZERO negative side effects, and my period is practically non-existent. It's my favorite birth control I've ever been on. Most birth controls make me have crazy mood swings and gain weight. This one didn't. I will be using this for life."

LadyWalton (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am very happy with this pill. My periods are practically non-existent, I have no negative side effects that I can speak of and it even made my boobs bigger!"

equiiaddict (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "hello ladies! well I started taking this pill about 3 1/2 MONTHS ago after taking Lo Loestrin for over a year, which btw I loved. I switched because apparently my doctor wanted me to get my period back and he thought that by increasing the estrogen dosage my period would ergo come back. Well, it didnt! So far I do NOT like this birth control. My mood has changed and so has my libido, which is crazy because I'm like the female version of Christian Grey (Fifty Shades of Grey reference) I gained 6 FREAKING pounds, I already can't see things that are far away and this pills has made it worse. I CANNOT wait to go back to Lo Loestrin. Hope my experience helps some of your ladies and please let me know if any of you also lost your period lol"

Vene1401 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I hate this birth control. First, my periods went away entirely, which I didn't want. I also have absolutely no sex drive, which has caused some problems between the BF. I have also started noticing sharp pains in my uterus since beginning this medication. I've gained 20 pounds, I feel like the cravings are out of control. This is the worst birth control I have ever taken."

Ksgasdfgsdfgs June 19, 2015