User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 80 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 32 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1278 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for : I've been taking this pill for about three months and have gained about 10 pounds. I have no sex drive and I'm so moody the week before my period. I'm going to switch ASAP.

November 22, 2014 3:12 AM

Review by Leigh31 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Well after reading the reviews I'm not so worried about the fact that I haven't had my period for 2 months. I've definitely been freaking out and took 5 pregnancy tests in the past 2 months (even though I've only had sex twice, I just had to be sure, lol.) It would have been nice if my doctor would have mentioned that this was one of the side effects instead of me finding it out on my own, after 2 months of a normal cycle. She put me on this pill because I was experiencing daily discharge with the generic Tri-cyclen. That has ceased to be a problem since starting this particular kind of pill. I have not had any negative side effects, other than not having my period (sure it's no picnic but it gives me peace of mind every month).

November 21, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Emily011696 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started this birth control about 3 years ago because I was experiencing heavy and painful periods and I love it! It gave me barely any side effects and it tastes good, like mint. My periods happen around day 3 of the sugar pill and last for about 2-3 days and are very light. I recommend this birth control for anyone!

November 20, 2014 7:00 PM

Review by piinky (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: So far no cramps, no weight gain, my sex drive still the same and I'm not moody.

November 18, 2014 1:51 PM

Review by Lm2323 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on Lo Loestrin FE for over a year now and I'm happy with the birth control. I didn't gain any weight. I didn't have any negative side effects. It's expensive out of pocket but now my insurance covers it so that's a plus!

November 16, 2014 9:04 PM

Review by Bee_bee:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started Lo Loestrin Fe because I was having some irregularities with my period and also to prevent pregnancies. This pill was awful. First of all, I already suffer from acne, which is slowly improving. However, this made my acne really bad and I began to develop cystic acne. I began to get constant awful migraines, and I don't have a history of migraines. I was also getting moody. The pill affects everyone differently. But this pill did not work for me. After suffering a whole month with migraines and cystic acne, I stopped once my pack was done. I considered trying to stick it out, but decided it wasn't worth it.

November 16, 2014 4:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for about 4 years now and its worked wonderfully for me. It completely regulated my period, the flow and not to mention it's prevented pregnancy flawlessly.

November 12, 2014 11:39 PM

Review by AnnaAlexis:

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I have been on this birth control for over a year, and I have not had any complaints so far! This was my first birth control that I had ever taken and it is a life saver! I had the worst periods with aweful cramps and a heavy flow, but now I barely get periods and the pain that comes when I do have a period is very tolerable and minimal. I did not gain any weight since I started the birth control, and in fact, it helped me lose weight. I do not get any acne while on this pill, nor do I get any severe mood swings.

November 7, 2014 10:56 AM

Review by Lauren A:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is the first BC I have been on and have been taking it for two years now. I have had no issues with it. While starting I did have the normal spotting until my body was used to it. But after my first two periods I was fine. I haven't experienced any mood swings or pain. If I miss my pill I take it as soon as I can remember and I am fine.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I got on the pill in May, I got my period that month but haven't gotten one since. Ive taken pregnancy tests every month and they all come out negative

November 4, 2014 6:03 PM

Review by Boston, 29:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on a variety of birth control pills for 15 years now, and Junel is by far the worst medication I have ever experienced. Immediately I experienced severe mood swings and depression. I stayed on Junel for 2 months, but nothing ever improved. 3 years later, a new doctor accidentally prescribed Junel to me, and I decided to try it again. Again, immediate mood swings, depression, etc.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2014 3:12 PM

Review by Chrissy good:

femhrt (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: femhrt took away my hot flashes within a week but the acne was unbearable. Stopped taking it.

October 28, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by MaddieMay:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started taking this birth control a few months before I got married to my husband. It's the first and only brand I've ever tried, but I've noticed no side-effects. Even during that crazy pre-wedding time, there wasn't any weight gain or crazy mood swings (I was slightly nauseous the first few days, but it was very temporary). I've been on it 2 years now with no problems. Periods are very light, no problems.

October 25, 2014 2:54 PM

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I had severe cramping and bled for 21 days my period before this birth control was only 4 days. I have taken myself off. The 21 day period, the heavy clots, the nausea, and irritable state just was not worth it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 12:17 PM

Review by Cristy040711 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've had a light period ever since I started taking this pill.( I' on my 3rd month) My Dr. told me it would get better but it has not. Maybe the amount of hormone is too low? I'm not happy with it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 12:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I gained about 20 pounds in 3 months. I'm more moody also and have worse cramps than before. I am also having my period two times a month, so it's time to switch back to my last one!

October 17, 2014 12:00 AM

Review by kb217718:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about four years now. When I first started taking it, I did gain about 15 pounds or so. Other than that, it has been good. My periods only last 2-3 days and they are light enough that I can wear a small tampon or a panty liner. I had three ovarian cysts burst before taking Loestrin and since I've been on it, I haven't had any cysts burst. I would recommend Loestrin, except for the weight gain.

October 16, 2014 11:37 PM

Review by Jamie jay:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: I've been on Lo loestrin fe for about two months and I have had extreme cyst acne I have bloating on my mid stomach and a very oily face I am 17.

October 16, 2014 6:00 PM

Review by JAllen31 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on Minastrin for 6 months now. I went from very heavy painful long lasting periods to none at all. I haven't had any side effects except breast tenderness once a month. I love this pill. They say give your bdy at least 3 months to adjust. So maybe just stick it out for a while and see what happens. As for me I WILL be sticking with this pill.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2014 10:45 AM

Review by Larrablabla (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm moving through my second month of these pills after having tried Depo-Provera, which I hated, no sex drive, extremely mental... Seasonique, which cause teenage-like acne, wacky spotting... I like Junel Fe so far, I didn't know the brown pills are iron, thinking they were just sugar I didn't take them and suffered low iron headaches, this month I'll take them. My period was quick and light, minimal cramping, not even bad enough to take pain killers. I do have a metallic taste in my mouth that started recently. I hope that goes away.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2014 9:46 AM

Review by Pill switcher (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have tried so many different birth control pills for so long and could never find the right one. Then tried Minastrin Fe. I'm very pleased with it. It does make me a little more hungry. But I am aware it's only a side effect and ignore any extra appetite I may feel. In general it's a good pill!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2014 4:04 PM

Review by Suzie20008:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Into my second year on this and very pleased. The first two months adjusting were definitely a bit tough: nausea, headache, breast tenderness, bizarre acne. I stuck it out and very glad I did! After those two months, zero side effects. No period, no weight gain, nausea, cramps, or breast tenderness... Nothing! In fact, I'm 37 & I've lost 20 lbs while on it. And most importantly, it's been effective in preventing pregnancy!

October 13, 2014 4:14 AM

Review by Heather1990:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on Minastrin 24 Fe for 2 months now. I wasn't on any birth control previously. I have not noticed any weight gain...if anything I've noticed a decrease in my appetite. I do have slight headaches daily, but not anything Tylenol can't fix and they are slowly subsiding. They were pretty brutal in the first month. The biggest side effect I've noticed is how emotional I am! I used to NEVER cry and now if my boyfriend even looks at me the wrong way I start crying! It's ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like Im about to cry and I have absolutely no idea why! Also, my periods are lighter and shorter, but I still have a little spotting. Doctor told me this would happen. I'll keep taking it for now.

October 7, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by Guadalupe. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I get PMS-y. I gained some weight. My sex drive still the same. I pleased with my birth control.

October 6, 2014 9:51 PM

Review by Shazz2807:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I have been on this pill 2 months cons I am sick to my stomach everyday, I throw up at least once a week and pee like every 10mins. I also get headaches towards the end of the day. So I started taking my second pack before I go to sleep to avoid these symptoms no such luck. Pro's barely has a period last month waiting to see this month. I will stick it out for another month, but if nothing changes I'm changing it so far I'm very disappointed I was so excited for this pill

October 6, 2014 5:29 PM