User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, ...show all 93 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 42 reviews 160 medications

4.5
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 2125 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

For Birth Control: "Awful I highly don't recommend this pill. It has caused depression and anxiety throughout the whole time. I had a concussion so I couldn't figure out what was causing me headaches but it was this pill and it didn't help with cramps or how much I bled on my period"

Cortex24567 February 7, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "Wow same problem here! Chin zits just like the big undergrounders that you would get in high school. On top of that my mood swings are seriously out of control. I can just snap at any moment. Definentley would not recommend ."

Lo lo crap February 6, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "I'm 34 yrs old I've been on this pill for a little over 4 mo. I've never had really bad acne my entire life just the occasional zits here and there. I guess you could say I was lucky. When I started this pill I completely broke out on my forehead and still have tiny little pimples that will not go away. I also didn't realize it until now but, I've also had mood swings. I literally cry at the drop of a dime. Lastly, I also never really gained weight while I was on birth control again I guess I was lucky but, I've definitely put on some LB's. The ONLY thing that I like is my breasts are big and perky...."

Tracie28 February 5, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "Lo Loestrin was a MIRACLE for my face. I struggled with acne as a young teenager and it eventually cleared in time, but when I went off to college my stress level sky rocketed. I got switched to Lo Loestrin and haven't had a zit since then. I have combination to oily skin type and I have noticed a big difference in to amount of oil on my skin! It's even helped even my skin tone out! Love love love this brand!"

Hannah0896 February 5, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started this birth control in January shortly after I had my son and kept taking it for almost 9 months..I was loosing hair the entire time but I blamed it on the fact I just had a baby so I kept waiting for it to stop and it didn't. Besides that everything was fine up until the 8th month taking it..my period became irregular I had 0 sex drive and vaginal dryness which was terrible..I also gained some weight on this pill...over all it didn't work for me but that's not to say it won't work for anyone else!"

Anonymous... February 5, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Worst pill ever. So I was just like you looking, searching, reading reviews for my next birth control and my doctor put me on this in August 2015. The first 3 months were fine (assuming my body was adapting) my skin cleared up n stuff. But then in December I started getting spotting and a period almost every other week. And oooooo I was mean! That's the reason I'm writing this! I've become some moody, mean, irritated that is starting to affect my relationship with my boyfriend and not to mention sex... I want nothing todo with it HORRIBLE vaginal dryness. I am still on this pill and hate it! Searching for a new one but writing this review because it's changed my life :("

Halie T (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After two weeks I couldn't take it. My nerves felt so thin every little normal everyday snafu became an emotional overload. I was angry in a flash at at work, and also on the road while driving, making me realize how unsafe and untenable my life had seemed to become. I would also randomly feel like crying at work which only created extra stress to try to keep calm. After a couple different sick days where I tried to relax and integrate the medicine, I realized with intuition it just wasn't all in my head. So I stopped and felt more normal soon after. I was also bloated and nauseous while taking it. My advice is try it if you want but if you start having emotional problems don't wait around trying to adjust or assume it's all in your head."

Normallynormal February 5, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I love you all for your honest reviews and feel relieved that I am not alone! I was on Lo Loestrin FE years ago and did not notice too many side effects except nausea and some breakthrough bleeding. I am now peri-menopausal and am taking this instead of HRT but it has caused months of steady nausea, pain in my lower back, extreme breast tenderness and even terrible gas! It took me a while to put together that all these side effects were caused by this bc. Additionally, I began to feel depressed, anxious and even suicidal. This is not like me! I took the last "blue pill" today and am done with this medicine forever. I'll take my chances with hot flashes and insomnia or switch back to HRT instead of being on this med every again."

Jenn717 February 4, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "While this pill was effective for me in that I did not get pregnant, my experience with Minastrin was poor to say the least. I had spotting between every single period that usually lasted around 7 days, sometimes more. My periods were very heavy for days one and two with some of the worst cramps I've ever had. My breasts were in near constant pain but on the bright side stayed the same size when I lost 10lbs during my time on the pill. I've recently switched to a higher dose of hormones which my doctor said should stop the spotting. Good luck, ladies!"

Andrea3590 February 4, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched to lolo after being on generic loestrin for about 3 months. My body is high estrogen to begin with so I needed something with less hormones. Generic gave me terrible anxiety, depression, mood swings, weight gain, and hormonal acne. After switching to lolo within 3 weeks I had lost 5lbs, had glowing skin, and overall felt amazing. Every women's body reacts to BC differently so my advice is if you feel awful it definitely couldn't hurt to try something new, right? Lolo was amazing for me but some people have terrible experiences."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My doctor prescribed me to try this pill as my first time in birth control. Initially I spotted for a good two weeks and when I did get my period it lasted few days and was into the next month of pills already. Side affects I've noticed though is I have not felt good, and as I already suffer from anxiety and depression this made it a million times worse. I don't necessarily recommend this pill but that's just from my results of taking it the last two months"

Jess1717 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Awful I've been taking this pill for a year it made me gain 20 pounds causes headaches an really bad cramps and didn't help with my period after the first few months DO NOT TAKE IT"

Cort567880 February 3, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "I am BEYOND angry at how terrible my skin broke out while using this medication. It was a mystery to myself and family when my face began to break out terribly, to the point where I was prescribed oral acne medication and the painful cysts still didn't go away. This medication almost ruined my skin, I am so thankful I stopped when I did and read these reviews! It's honestly infuriating that this was the cause! I stopped taking this pill about a week ago and my skin has already cleared up substantially. Do not recommend!!!!"

UGHHhh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this pill for birth control and to help my cramps. It made my cramps so much better, hardly any at all. When I got my period it was very light. Spotting and just slight cramps. I also did not get pregnant on this pill. Those were the pros. The cons were the lack of sex drive. My sex drive greatly diminished, which was very frustrating for me and my fianc"

Reviewer 22333 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 3, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been using LoEstrin FE 1.5/30 since Sept 2012. I've been on various other BC pills since 1999 and this is hands down the best I've experienced. I have zero side effects. My cycle is perfectly 28 days (to the hour), my period is short (2 days) and light (I use light absorbency tampons or a pantyliner). I cannot recall the last time I experienced cramps, and I only ever have acne in places I touch my face. I love this pill."

ddbubbles (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Awful experience. NOT the same as loestrin 24 fe, which worked perfectly for me. This medication caused pains in my stomach, severe shoulder and back acne, bloating and cramps. My mood swings were crazy and I felt awful on this birth control. I gave it 3 months and it didn't regulate. I developed the worst acne I have ever had and it is painful."

km810 February 2, 2016

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started this pill in November and began getting horrible canker sores. I had always been prone to them, getting up to fifteen at a time, but this hadn't happened in years. I dealt with the severe pain, along with mood swings, depression, and anxiety for a few months. I stopped taking it after two months, and almost immediately felt better. My mouth healed and my depression subsided. I believe the canker sores are linked to hormones (I still get them around my period since discontinuing my use of junel Fe). If you're sensitive to hormones, I suggest you stay away"

Canker sores February 2, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The first six months of using Gildess were unremarkable. It was effective in preventing pregnancy, did not worsen nor produce acne, and I did not experience any remarkable weight gain. It was like any other birth control. After my first six months, however, I experienced spotting, heavier bleeding, and random periods throughout the month. In one month, I experienced two periods. For the past few months, my periods started after two weeks of active pills."

Jennysmi February 2, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been through two of these packs, and so far my body is very happy on this pill! I haven't had any experience with an initial breakout phase or breakthrough bleeding. I had some spotting initially, but my body seems to have synced up to this medication rather nicely! No change in sex drive or weird emotional mood swings! Love this BC!"

CB123 February 1, 2016

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I started this pill in February. Prior to that (not on any bc) I had really painful cramps during my periods and I was just sick of dealing with it. My plan was to take this and skip the sugar pills. On Junel I've had my period for 40 out of the 92 days I've taken it. Granted, I barely have cramps but this is the pits. I'm calling my doctor and maybe switching to the Depo shot or something. I'd read other reviews on here and wanted to give it time but it hasn't worked itself out. I'm good at taking it at the same time every day (and as I said, I skip the brown pills). On the other hand I've not had any mood swings on Junel. But that was never a problem for me anyway. I did have some daily nausea on the first pack. No effect on my acne."

LauraOhio (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I have been on Microgestin Fe 1/20 for about 4 months now, and I could not be more happy with this BC! This is my first time taking any type of BC pill, and I was honestly scared to start one due to many bad stories I've heard about "the pill". The first month I had a very heavy period, along with terrible cramps, a breakout of acne and no more sex drive. After that first month, my periods have been extremely light and short with no cramps, my skin is super clear, but my sex drive is still nowhere to be found. I do experience irritability, but no weight gain (or loss!) I am not sexually active so I've had no scares, or any experience of how well this pill works with preventing pregnancy. Overall I'm very happy with this pill!"

nevgirldre775 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have no real side effects the only one I can think of is weight gain. I gained about 6 lbs but not even in the beginning it was about 3 months in. I can't seem to lose those 6lbs but oh well."

Toady27 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking Lolo in September and have been on it for 5 months now. Since I have started taking Lolo I have gained 18 pounds and can not for the life of me seem to lose any weight (I work out 5 days a week and maintain a raw vegan diet). I have been the most emotional I have ever been, I cry all the time and get very anxious. I have absolutely no sex drive (when I went off birth control from January to August last year it was much higher). I also get violently ill every time I drink alcohol (even just a glass of wine). I first thought this was because I might be allergic to alcohol but when I went off birth control I would never get ill and my hangovers were non-existant. Everyone varies on it but my experience has not been so pleasant"

MichelleTM January 31, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on gildess for 3 months, it was my first experience with hormonal birth control. For one thing I didn't get pregnant while taking it so it does its job! I did have some unpleasant side effects though. I had constipation/gas while I was on it along with some mood swings, although I can't be 100% sure that these things were actually caused/worsened by the pill. The pill DID cause nausea (mostly during the first month), swollen & sore breasts (mostly during the 3rd month), and a bit of acne. My periods were extremely light on this pill. During the first month I had cramps (usually very mild) every day, then a normal period 2 weeks into the pack, followed by spotting with mild cramps until I finished that pack."

hollahup (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was prescribed this birth control for heavy bleeding and painful menstrual cramps by my primary care doctor. I hated it! I bled for a whole month--not spotting but a full period for 1 month while on this pill. I was lethargic and had no energy. I was on the brand name medication (Generess Fe) years ago and loved it but the generic was awful. I took myself off of the pill because a month of bleeding was unbearable! I would never take this medicine again."

Leona D. January 30, 2016