User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 81 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 37 reviews 161 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 137 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1497 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on it bc for 3 months now , it seems like this Brown discharge never goes away , I get my period on time but its longer than the regular 5 days . Not sure if I should switch birth control or just keep taking it . Help ????"

teara huges (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2015

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was questioning taking this birth control after reading all the reviews. I'm going onto my 3rd month. The first month my period lasted about 2 weeks but after that the monthly cycles where super light only 3 days and always on time. Everyone's body is different. I didn't experience any low sex drive, spotting or mood changes. I did notice a slight weight gain but Overall, I'm pleased with the birth control."

Samantha12345 May 24, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is only my second month on Lolo, but so far so good. Usually by this time on other birth controls I have had debilitating migraines and cramps. Where as on Lolo I have had one headache, and one five minute cramping session both on the same day. Definitely experienced a few mood swings and the tender boobs though (to the point of my bra even hurting them, which sucked but only lasted about a week) Usually have a one or two day periods, with mediumish flow and no cramps (so only on Lolo to prevent little mes!) The only downside I see with it is that my period did not show up at all this month. Needless to say I was scared until consulting Google and reading some other gals experiences! Overall impressed with Lolo though (:"

--kp. May 23, 2015

Necon 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Although very effective. I found the spotting a nuisance."

moonpie33 May 23, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I like the pill now because most of the side effects have gone away. The first month is the hardest though. My body had a very hard time adjusting to the pill and I had insane mood swings. I went from insanely angry, to sad, and depressed, even considering self harm. I do not feel any of those emotions now but if you are someone who is prone to depression try another pill."

My experience May 23, 2015

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this birth control for almost 3 years and it hasn't given me any problems. I get my period once a year every February and that is so awesome! I don't have a side effects.and doesn't mess with my emotions or weight. I have seen some of the reviews and all I can say is everyones body is different and adjusts to medicine differently."

mabila (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is my first BC. For about the next 3-4 months, I had irregular periods with spotting here and there. This month, I totally skipped my period, as of right now I'm 17 days late. Took a test and it came back negative, so I can attest to the missed period thing - don't be too stressed when/if it happens (if you take your pills correctly)! First couple months I cried a lot and had terribly sore boobs. They also grew from a 32B to a 32D though, so I'm not mad. NO nausea at all. A few migraines. I'm not pregnant and we use withdrawal and never use condoms, so this pill is extremely effective and gives me that extra assurance for the lowest estrogen count. I'm a fan! 9/10 because of the scary missed period thing."

Em10 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2015

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Stop reading into birth control so much ! Everyone is different and it is all about trial and error based on your needs, your body, you. I am 23 years old and have never tried birth control pills. My hormones were off and I was getting hormonal breakouts around my chin along with abnormal menstrual cycle. I was skeptical about starting to use the pill because I want a natural period and I feel like my body will respond the way it needs to without meds, but sometimes you need help getting back on track after stress, etc.I have noticed a huge change the first two weeks I was just emotional but that was expected. I cried for silly reasons but laughed it off. Overall it is doing its job. I feel better all around."

Marybeethh May 21, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have had the best experience of birth control on this pill. The usual side effects for me on birth control is weight gain, moody, no energy, and spotting. I have not experienced any of these side effects on microgestin fe 1.5/30. I cannot give it 10 stars due to that I am not as interested in having sex as I was before taking the pill, which brought me down to a normal married person's sex life really. It has actually made husband happy on that (guys don't want to have sex all the time it turns out). Note on acne- no affect. Things to consider: I am 24, I exercise, and I am a Nurse, so I am constantly on my feet."

br4117 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on microgestin for over two years now, and have had absolutely no problems with. My period always comes the exact time every month. I used to have bad break outs from time to time, but my skin is perfectly clear now. The only thing I have noticed is mood swings, and increased sex drive. Overall I am very pleased with this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this pill for almost a month and this is the first birth control I've ever taken. My periods always came the same time for about 5 days once a month but now that I'm on this pill I've had my period for almost 9 days and still heavy bleeding not to mention I shouldn't be starting my actual peroid for another week or two. But I do have to say my face is really clear though I usually don't break out that bad anyways. Also haven't noticed any weight gain yet. My sex drive is still very high but I can't do anything about it when I'm continuously bleeding all the time. "

idekmarymichael May 19, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Generess FE for about 2 years (loved it) and then could no longer afford it because it no longer had a activis card to use when paying for it. So, the doctor put me on Minastrin 24 FE. I believe this pill has made me gain a little bit of weight in a very short amount of time and my biggest concern is how it has effected me emotionally. I feel very moody and so unhappy, almost depressed. I also have no sex drive which I am not sure if that is from the pill or the slight depression from the pill. Either way it is just not working well with my body. I Can't wait to switch off of this pill."

Jmf12345 May 18, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Loestrin then switched to Minastrin. I love both pills, and have zero problems. I used to be EXTREMELY hormonal without the pill, and I first got on it to even me out emotionally. The first pill I got on worked well, but my body got used to it after a year so I had to switch. I went to the shot, and when I first started going to my obgyn the first thing she did was get me off the shot and onto Loestrin. I love loestrin/minastrin so much."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So I've been on Lo LoesteinFe since Nov 2014 now and I've been liking it so far, I was afraid to breakout since I always had very clear skin all of my life . The good thing is my skin is still very clear and I haven't gained a drastic amount of weight even though I don't eat right most of the time so that's good . (But I recommend to exercise and eat right while your on it ). The only downside is that I've been feeling mood swings and depressed while still on this pill and I've only felt this change just this month . Because I'm normally very upbeat and stress free . But other then that I recommend it for not worrying about breaking out or gaining much weight ."

Carmonab May 17, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My experience with this birth control was HORRIBLE! It was the first one I've ever taken. My periods were every 3.5 weeks for four days, light, rarely ever cramped, and never really moody. I got on the birth control for birth control that's it. I told my doctor that and she prescribed this. My moods were insane! The slightest thing would set me off and I'd go through about 20 moods in 10min. My periods were no longer normal. I bled for two weeks every two weeks for the first 6 months. I called my doctor's office every couple weeks but they continued to tell me keep taking it. At about month 7 my period regulated then by month 9 I wasn't even having periods. The crazy moods never stopped and the cramps were horrible. I recently switched bc."

courtney1814 May 16, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I haven't had any problems with the new pill. I had loestrin before they switched it over and I never had any problems with it then either. If anything it's made my period go away completely. I've been on both the old and new name combined for about 3 years now. The only thing that's changed is that they've made the chewable option which taste nasty so I just swallow it"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 14, 2015

Balziva (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started balziva because I was having irregular periods( every 7-10 days), within 3 months, my period was regular. I did not gain weight because of the pill but it did cause my breasts to get a bit bigger. I still get periods on this pill lasting 2-6 days, with only one day of bad cramping and they tend to be light. The lack of side effects make this a good choice. The cost is a bit much where I get it currently, at around 17 dollars a month."

Tay.... May 14, 2015

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I started loestrin 24 because I beyond PMS... It's worse since I had a baby. For example, like two weeks out of the month I get horrid back pain and feel the need to curl in a ball and cry. I also drive my bf nuts. He thinks I'm crazy. Therefore I hope this bc helps me because ortho tricyclen, lutera, among others are bad for me. I know every woman is different and I want something that works w my body. I asked the ob nurse at my gynecologist if I could have my hormone levels checked. She said there's no such thing, and peoples hormones fluctuate every day so it's no use in testing them. Is that a crock of lies? I read about people getting their levels checked, and the only thing she said was for me to get my thyroid checked. I'm very tired on it."

Jesus help May 14, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "I got on the pill to get rid of my acne and regulate my period. I have been on it almost a month and I'm quitting it now. My acne is the worst its ever been, I never really get a lot of acne around my mouth and on my chin. The first week was great. My skin was soft and my acne cleared up a little.Toward the end of the second week my acne had doubled and was horrible! I also get cramps all the time and I hardly got cramps when I wasn't on the pill. I have also got a bladder infection on the third week. For 3 days I would throw up everything I ate or drank. I cramped right under my right ribs, by my belly button, and where I cramp when I have my period. This pill isnt working for me"

brigarcia34 May 13, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I like the pill for the light and short periods and for the obvious, not getting me pregnant. I have a slight problem. For the past few months I've been getting a period every two weeks. It's annoying and I am thinking it has to do with the low dose. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? p.s. I've been on the pill for about 9 months."

liv9888 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am 36 years old. I have previously been on Loestrin 24 FE then Generess FE. My physician switched me to Minastrin and I have gained weight, I am so lathargic and tired all of the time. I am moody and overall unhappy which I have never had in my life. I get cramps periodically and I get spotting at random times although very very light. This is the most horrible pill I have ever been on. I will be getting off of it immediately."

Anonymous May 12, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this for 2 weeks now and no side effects thus far (except for possible bloating...can't really tell if it is related yet). I was previously on NuvaRing which gave me a yeast infection and on Ortho TriCyclen/Ortho TriCyclen Lo many years ago and experienced morning nausea and severe mood swings constantly. Thus, loving it so far!"

samsara (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2015

Ortho-Novum 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I have had no bad side affects with this pill. I take it in conjunction with spirolactone and metformin for PCOS. The combination has helped in regulating my periods and reducing hair growth on my chin are. If I miss a few days and have to double up on pills my body definitely can feel the overload of hormones. My periods are very light and for about 2-3 days which my doctor said happens with this pill. My sex drive is definitely heighten with this birth control! To avoid a delay in starting a new pack with mailing/ordering delays. I asked my doctor to receive more packs at once. It's avoided issues with break through bleeding and original PCOS symptoms from getting out of control!"

Confidence&Strength May 11, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Went on for AWFUL cramps and have completely stopped them! Breasts grew a full cup size, not complaining. Hungry all the time which makes me feel like I'm going to gain weight but I exercise a lot so hopefully that side effect doesn't arise (yet). Breasts are tender occasionally. Light spotting on and off but my periods/cramps have stopped all together. High sex drive, all the time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2015

Gildess Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 18. I've been on this pill for 5 months and I am switching as soon as possible. This pill causes me to have intense cramps. Not just while I'm on my period, but all month long. They are so painful I have to lay down in a fetal position until they stop, which is usually 15-30 minutes. Besides the extreme pain, I also experienced bad mood swings. The week before and the week I'm on my period I am a raging animal. It is very hard to control. I've used several other birth control pills in the past two years but I have never experienced PMS like this before."

Brookelaurel May 10, 2015