User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 78 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 32 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1197 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by Kirsten85:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on this for 6 months and it was awful. I had the worst mood swings. Then they switched me into Junel Fe for another 6 months. It was just as bad. I had acne. Awful moods. And I understand everyone is different. But for me. It was just awful.

July 23, 2014 4:06 PM

Review by invisible_creeper (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This medication was okay, I guess. It made me have spotting constantly, so I had to go off it pretty quickly. Not the best choice for me.

July 21, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by Kat93:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill almost 2 years. I gained maybe 5 pounds, but I am also in a happy relationship so weight gain could be from that. I no longer have a period. I may get brown spotting every 4-5 months. I stopped chewing the nasty thing, and I swallow it. I get migraines if I take placebos so I skip those every other month and go to a new packet. Cleared my acne, no pain, my breasts actually got bigger. I am very happy with this pill. No pregnancies! I never take it on time & I skip it. I'm your typical user. I also don't worry about becoming pregnant since I don't build a lining. Love this pill.

July 18, 2014 9:10 PM

Review by Disappointed..... (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: My first three months on this pill were like a DREAM. I switched to it from Orsythia (which I had been taking for 3 years) because I was having painful periods and my sex drive was gone. This pill completely stopped my period with NO spotting or anything, and never any cramps. No acne, no mood changes. My breasts even grew. I was so happy. Now I am on month 4 and it is hell. I'm having migraines and nausea all day, and bad mood swings. I am stopping this pill and going back to my OB.

July 17, 2014 9:46 PM

Review by KenzoPage:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: So the first time I was on the pill, I was put on Beyaz. Beyaz made me gain about 15 Ibs. It made me crazy with mood swings. I got off of it within 6 months. After that I would go back and forth on whether to get back on birth control. So about a month and a half ago, I decided to go to the doctor for a check up. I told my doctor about my experience with Beyaz. He told me that he had the perfect birth control for me, Lo Loestrin Fe. I was scared to take it but it was worth a shot. If anything this birth control has made my weight stick. I have had NO mood swings. No weight gain. The only symptoms I've had was going from a C cup to a D cup, and breast tenderness near my period, which is overall normal for me. This is the best birth control by far.

July 17, 2014 6:43 PM

Review by NYC25 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I felt compelled to review this medication because of how scared I was when reading such scary recipes and side effects. I had tried taking Yasmin which made me gain weight, become increasingly moody and depressed and eventually stopped taking that. When it was time to start up again I was so nervous with Junel but I have nothing but good things to say. No weight gain, no acne, no moodiness, I have a very light, scheduled period, and it does what it's supposed to - prevents pregnancy. I've been on it about 2.5 years now. Love love it.

July 16, 2014 12:55 AM

Review by mitzi2011$$:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I love this pill.I have been on it for 3 years..it regulates my period and the lost of appetite has helped with weight lost..in February 2013 I weighted 282 it is July 2014 and I weight 236. I'm more emotional to movies and everything but thats fine

July 14, 2014 9:52 PM

Review by Mindybaeebayy:

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking Microgestin for almost a year now. It has been great at preventing pregnancy. The first three months I got mood swings bad, but now it works great! Absolutely love the pill!

July 12, 2014 12:46 PM

Review by October78:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Second week on this, prescribed for my Polycysitc ovarian syndrome. I lost 4 pounds. I went from 146lbs to 142lbs in just a little over several days. I never had acne, so nothing in that department. But being 5 '5 my doctors want me to a healthy 115-125 to reduce my PCOS. Nothing but great things. I feel more feminine and less aggressive since my testosterone was so high.

July 12, 2014 3:03 AM

Review by TT47 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for over a year and overall I had a really positive experience with it. I didn't experience any mood swings, had little to mild acne around my period, never experienced any pregnancy scares, and had no nausea, headaches or weight gain. The only problem I experienced with it, and ultimately had to switch birth control because of it was the fact that I would throw up for hours whenever I consumed ANY amount of alcohol. To make sure it was the birth control, I stopped taking it and after 4 or so months I was able to drink again without any problems. Though I feel this is very rare situation, overall I believe this birth control was great.

July 11, 2014 12:46 AM

Review by givenitatry:

Gildess Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: So far I am extremely impressed! After beginning birth control on Reclipsen (the worst pill in the world) I began Gildess because my friend used it and claimed she actually lost weight! So I gave it a try. Weight loss did in fact occur. The junk food cravings that I had accumulated because of Reclipsen subsided quickly and my appetite has gone way down. I only get hungry about once a day. My severe cystic back acne is gone. GONE. It just vanished with this pill. My face cleared up a little as well and the overall texture of my skin is improved. Softer, smaller pores, clearer. NOW THE CONS: Nausea for the first 3 weeks. spotting for the first month. I'm a little more emotional but it's controllable. I really do recommend this pill.

July 10, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by Paige h:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I've been on this for two cycles and I hardly have any side effects! No weight gain or nausea like some others have experienced on it. I'm a little more sensitive and get more upset over things but overall it's been great. Just keep yourself in check and remember that you're on hormones when you start getting overly sensitive. I would recommend this.

July 6, 2014 6:47 PM

Review by Dora Eugenia:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on Microgestin Fe 1/20 for almost 9 Months & I have to say that I can't complain. This birth control has worked very well with my body, few days or none periods, I do actually notice I get really emotional. Haven't noticed any difference in sex drive. Overall great pill.

July 5, 2014 12:10 AM

Review by OpposedSarah:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I really liked this birth control. I only experienced light acne about a week before my period, no cramps, stomach pain, or any other period symptoms. My period always came the day I started the brown iron pills. They were so light most of the time I never even used a pad or anything. I haven't used a tampon since I went on the medicine. I ended up going on Yaz because my mom thinks I should have a heavier period and that it's not healthy even though my cycle is regular. Overall this pill is great.

July 4, 2014 10:21 AM

Review by Isebelle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started this as my first ever birth control pill. My doctor prescribed it to me because I had crippling cramps and nausea. The first month my cramps were completly gone and it was amazing, 3 months later they are exactly the same as before I started the pill. I get my period twice a month now. I've been getting chronic headaches, repressed appetites, spotting, and cramps. The pill has improved my acne and made me gain a little weight (which I don't mind because I'm on a weight gaining diet) but otherwise this isn't the medication for me. I totally need a stronger medication.

July 3, 2014 9:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Was on for 4 months or so... It was ok. I didn't have any of the "common" side affects and my mood was good. My period was light with minimal cramps and PMS. But-- I lost my libido completely and felt that I gained more weight on my thighs (and cellulite) despite eating healthy and working out-- never had this problem previously. I am having the IUD Skyla put in tomorrow. My doctor said that this should be "it". Minastrin may work for other women but the no sex drive and Weight gain was enough for me to throw in the towel.

June 30, 2014 10:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about a year now. Its horrible I have gained about 40 lbs almost 5 lbs a month. I'm even eating less than I did before taking this.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 10:10 PM

Review by unsatisfied221:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was taking this birth control for a little less than three years. I started when I was 15 for Polycystic ovarian syndrome. When I first started taking it I was EXTREMELY moody, it was as if all hell broke lose. After a few months my period became lighter and I had less cramps. This year was the worst: extreme depression, moodiness, severe cramps, long periods, Etc. The biggest issue I had was EXTREME weight gain (not at all in the right places) I had to get off it. I went from being 118 pounds to 154. Terrible experience. The only pro was that it cleared my acne. Finally switched so we will see how my new one works out.

June 28, 2014 12:45 AM

Review by LSelf:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I went on this birth control a few months before I got married and have been on it for two years. I just finished my last pack, as we want to start a family soon. I had hormonal issues that lead to irregular periods and this birth control helped level them out. I have not had any emotional swings or weight gain. It was a great, low-dose birth control and successfully prevented us from having kids for two years. The only negative side effect I had was that it did slow down my libido. I could tell a definite difference in my interest in sex on and off this pill. This wasn't extreme - it just took more work to get me in the mood. I'm very pleased with this product and will probably return if the need arises for me to use birth control again.

June 26, 2014 9:37 AM

Review by honeybooboo1212:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for almost three months now and I love it. After my first birth control experience I was terrified to use birth control ever again. However, I'd rather take the risk instead of becoming pregnant so I tried it again. The first month was horrible, with minor breakouts and bad mood swings, but I have adjusted now. You must wait out the first month or two to be adjusted. After that, it's smooth sailing. I don't have any breakouts, my sex drive is normal, and I haven't gained any weight. I still get moody every once in a while, which is bearable. Overall a very good birth control. But EXPENSIVE without insurance!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2014 1:40 AM

Review by momma3ny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Month 1 ok. Nothing that noticeable Month 2 extremely tired al the time. No patience, over emotional, beyond ragey. Full period on second week on the pack. Dry flaky patch on my usually non acne face. Headaches, some abdominal cramps. Want to give it a chance but the tiredness I can't deal with ...the side effects of feeling depressed.

June 26, 2014 1:27 AM

Review by VictoriaM:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've never been on birth control until now. I'm at the end of my first month of Minastrin and it's been an awful experience! It caused so many relationship issues for me, due to the fact that it makes me an emotional mess! I cry all of the time and find myself angry and searching for something ridiculous to blame it on. My breasts got larger and although I haven't noticed any weight gain, I have noticed headaches and nausea. I'm about to cry right now, and I have no idea why!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by Amars12:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on Minastrin for 5 months now. The first 3 were horrible. I had every possible side effect- bloating, mood swings, sore chest, acne, spotting, you name it! About my fourth month, my body got adjusted and I now love it. No spotting, mood swings, and my acne has subsided. For those who are just now on it, push through.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by Katie92:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill over 2 years now, and I love it. This summer and last summer I had some random cystic acne though I am not sure it is related to the pill because other times my skin is perfectly clear. No weight change. Only problem is I haven't had a period in the 2 years I've taken this, not even spotting. My doctor says not to worry about it but I am considering switching because of it.

June 25, 2014 9:20 AM

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for : Took this pill for 1.) Acne and 2.) Birth Control. I have had a side effect that very few people had which was hair loss in the scalp. Big amounts of hair would come out when I would shower. I realized this happened to me with a previous birth control as well but want to note for others as a precaution. I got extremely bloated on this medication. I have a flat tummy and it looked like I was pregnant which was painful and annoying. This also gave me a very backed up system which I never get. I got extremely nauseous, very moody, heartburn, anxiety and some depression. The only pro was that my breasts grew a cup size. Can't complain about that! I've been off of this pill for three days and all of these symptoms are gone.

June 24, 2014 6:45 PM