User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, Genora 0.5/35, Genora 1/35, Gildagia, Gildess 1.5/30, Gildess 1/20, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Gildess Fe 1/20, Jenest, Jevantique, Jinteli, Junel 1.5/30, Junel 1/20, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 1/20, Larin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Leena, Lo Loestrin Fe, Lo Minastrin Fe, Loestrin 1/20, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1.5/30, Microgestin 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Modicon, Necon 0.5/35, Necon 1/35, Necon 10/11, Necon 7/7/7, Nelova 0.5/35, Nelova 1/35, Nelova 10/11, Norethin 1/35 E, Norinyl 1+35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 7/7/7, Ortho-Novum 1/35, Ortho-Novum 10/11, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Ovcon 35, Ovcon 35 Fe, Ovcon 50, Philith, Pirmella 1/35, Pirmella 7/7/7, Tilia Fe, Tri-Legest, Tri-Legest Fe, Tri-Norinyl, Vyfemla, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Zenchent, Zenchent Fe, Zeosa

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 5 reviews 192 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1123 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by MEGANNNNN: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I switched from Loestrin to Junel one month ago, I'm currently in my placebo time. I'm sad Loestrin is no more. This medicine has made me moody, severe breast tenderness, and ACNE! I have never had acne as an adult. They're big and painful! However I feel like it is subsiding. Breasts are less tender. No bleeding yet, but I stopped having periods on Loestrin years ago. I'm sticking with it for now!

April 15, 2014 4:19 AM
Review by Distortedsoundz (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Slowed down my abnormal bleeding after a few weeks, it stopped altogether then started up again but not to the degree that it was before I was taking it. I've gained 10 lbs from it. I eat half of what I used to, ad eat an extremely healthy diet. I do 30 mins of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training 5-6 days a week plus bicycling 7 days a week. I've had awful mood swings and depression. Bad headaches on top of it.

April 14, 2014 2:23 PM
Review by mel1373728: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking Generess FE for a year and three months and it works great! No weight gain, no acne, no episodes of mood swings except period PM symptoms but those are normal. I still have a period but it's shorter and lighter. I do have cramps a lot only on period though. There's no spotting or discharge for me. I've had a great experience with this pill and totally recommend it for those who are anemic like me especially!

April 12, 2014 1:04 PM
Review by Generess Feel user (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: All of these women who said they tried it for a couple months and hated it so they stopped, need to be educated. When you start taking hormones (birth control pill) or you switch pills, it takes a few months for your body to adjust. You could see spotting and side effects for a couple months. However, if you take the pill properly at the exact same time every day then these symptoms such as spotting will go away. I love this birth control because I has a constant hormone dose, so I never spot anymore. Periods are short and much lighter. Fantastic birth control!

April 12, 2014 7:58 AM
Review by MykieHomer (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I love this pill but, I have felt very angry. Not sure if the pill is making me PMS or not.

April 9, 2014 11:54 AM
Review by haydee11: User Rating:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 11 mo. At first I experienced light bleeding and headaches. After a few months on it, I have not had a period in 5 months and no other side effects. Not having a period does make me somewhat weary but will be visiting gyno this week for yearly check up.

April 8, 2014 10:21 PM
Review by allierocks: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: So, I'm on month two of my pack and my acne, which wasn't bad before I started taking the Pill, is out of control. I do tend to feel bloated more than usual, but my appetite is about the same. I do, however, feel as though I am gaining a bit of weight.

April 7, 2014 11:22 AM
Review by Smashhleyyy: User Rating:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I loved this birth control! It has been the only birth control I've been on! The only complaint I have is that my breasts were hard as a rock the first month! I had no acne or weight gain, and my moods are stable. My periods are about 2 days compared to being 5 days.

April 7, 2014 10:20 AM
Review by Martha Troncoso: User Rating:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been using Lo Loestrin Fe for almost 10 months now I began using them after I gave birth. They are truly effective I don't suffer from spotting or periods and I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. My doctor did mention with drinking this your stopping your period if you have periods, you are probably taking it wrong. It's normal to spot a little on the last week of the pack.

April 4, 2014 11:09 PM
Review by Derby Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: It works, but stressful experience. This pill made me skip my period for 58 days. Which resulted in a lot of anxiety and pregnancy tests. It also took over a full month of quitting the medicine before I got my cycle to come back.

April 4, 2014 10:19 AM
Review by Ash366279: User Rating:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on the shot my first in December of '13, next was due in March '14. Barely had a period but when I did it would last 15 days straight then I switched to the pill and since I've taken it I've had a period non stop. Before any birth control my period would last 3 days. I stopped taking birth control all together it caused back pain, cramps, headaches. It was supposed to help cysts but I'd rather go through that pain then with this.

April 3, 2014 8:14 AM
Review by Pleased (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: While I feel like every single person reacts differently to different birth controls, I'd still like to show that for me in particular, Lo Loestrin Fe worked absolutely beautifully. The first few months were a little rough, as expected for a first time birth control user. The only hard part in these two months was that my periods were very heavy and longer than usual; about 7 days as opposed to the normal 4. After my "transition months" I've completely stopped getting periods or any bleeding for the past 4 months now, and it has been great. I have no mood swings, acne, weight gain, headaches, nausea, etc. This being said, everyone reacts differently. Personally, I'm in love with everything except for the price ($250/mo) which is why I have to switch.

April 2, 2014 6:20 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking this pill for 15 days and have experienced break through bleeding from day 1 until now. I have mild to little cramps, some nausea but no acne or weight gain. If it wasn't for the breakthrough bleeding I would continue this pill. I am getting married in 25 days and there is no sign of the bleeding stopping, for that reason I am very depressed and unhappy. I was not warned about these side effects before taking it. I've tried taking it with grapefruit juice to slow down the estrogen metabolism, that didn't work.

April 1, 2014 10:23 AM
Review by Brooklynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for about 6 months, to prevent pregnancy. I've had regularly light periods and my appetite has drastically decreased, but I haven't been losing weight. It slowed my sex drive down in the first few months of use, but my drive is back to normal now. I am also very moody, lethargic, and constipated. However, I like it since it is preventing me from getting pregnant and it's free.

March 31, 2014 7:04 PM
Review by chukerie: User Rating:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking Lo Loestrin Fe for 3 months now. I started this pill after having the Mirena for 5 years and having little to no period a month. For the first month on this pill I had a normal period but the 2nd and 3rd month I have been having extremely heavy bleeding and blot clots. So far my periods are coming about every 5 days. On For 7 days, Off for 5 days. I feel terrible. I feel tired, having diarrhea, and headaches. My cramps are in my back and constant. And I am not sure if the pill is to blame but I have been getting anxious & nervous a lot for no reason lately. I made up my mind to stop taking the pill and make a doc appointment. Hope this helps others.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 29, 2014 1:11 AM
Review by The Wolf: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This pill is great! Easy to take and has a nice minty flavor. The only side effect I've had is light spotting here and there, but it's a very very minor inconvenience compared to all the positive things. I've experienced no weight gain or acne, or anything like that. My periods are light, which is great. Still have cramps sometimes, but they're not as bad as they used to be. Sometimes I miss my period, but it's completely normal while on this pill. Had a chat with my doctor about it. And best of all, I'm not pregnant! I would recommend this to anyone, whether you are using at as birth control or to help improve your periods. Details about me: 20 years old, no children, non smoker. I also have PCOS, and it's definitely helped my symptoms.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 28, 2014 9:04 PM
Review by Average woman (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: I am currently half way through my 3rd month. I was on the NuvaRing which made my skin immaculate, but because it caused low libido I stopped. After 4 months being off of the ring, I started getting acne again. I finally decided to try birth control again to help with my skin issues and my doctor recommended Junel. My skin has gotten way worse than it ever was. I am getting acne on my back and neck as well.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 28, 2014 7:15 PM
Review by rx gal (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Alyacen 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This medication so far has worked well. I am defiantly less moody on this pill, my periods have for most part fully stopped. I do get more migraines and slight abdominal cramping during placebo week, no change in sex drive, weight and no melasma, so I'd say this definitely a better pill on the market for me!

March 23, 2014 11:25 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: My experience is completely different. I didn't gain any weight, I don't PMS at all since I've been on this birth control. I no longer cramp like used too. I've probably had about one bad cramp, unlike when I wasn't on birth control I would have terrible cramps every month. So yeah I love this birth control.

March 23, 2014 10:30 PM
Review by MrsKH: User Rating:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking Generess FE for almost a year now. I was on Sprintec before, and my periods were somewhat irregular and very heavy, so heavy that it worried me. With Generess, my periods have GONE AWAY completely. This worried me at first (of course), but my doctor said for some women, it's normal not to get your period on this pill. I see the same symptoms of PMS when I'm reaching the placebo pills (emotions are high, sometimes acne, the normal stuff), but I never go through a period at all anymore. This is a welcome change, for me. Aside from that, I have no side effects that I have noticed. I'm very happy on this pill. I am 30, somewhat overweight and in generally normal health. My doctor said swallowing it is fine (not chewing).

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2014 4:52 PM
Review by Always Used Loloestrin Fe: User Rating:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I bought this 2-3 months before I got married and had very little side effects. I have been married 2.5 years and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. I think the only annoyance is that my period comes every other month and that I get some spotting off and on throughout the month. My periods are shorter and there is less bleeding, which is a nice thing. I haven't taken any other birth control, but I'm thinking of switching to a cervical cap a year before we want to have kids (so I can get my hormones regulating correctly again).

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 14, 2014 2:17 PM
Review by 031314Jess (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 2 years. Prior to taking this pill I suffered from horrible periods that would last up to 2 weeks, go away for a week, then return. They were incredibly heavy with severe clotting. After trying numerous other birth control pills, Lo Loestrin was the only one that stopped the bleeding altogether. For the first time in my life I have no bleeding other than occasional spotting every couple of months. I also lost 10 pounds going from 128 to 118. All of that has been extremely positive except it gave me horrible acne which I have never had, ever. I now use a Retin-A which helps but I still have very large pores where before I had beautiful porcelain skin. My hair has also thinned dramatically.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2014 11:20 AM
Review by rubysprks: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I switched from Beyaz to Junel mainly because I wanted to clear up my skin. It was a very spur of the moment thing and my doc gyno didn't really treadle in the pros and cons. So, I'm on the new pack...I finish the new pack (28 days no placebo) and, nothing. Well, barely. My period is SO light (2-3 days tops) from what it used to be. (4-9 days heavy, heavy flow) I was throttled at first because yes, I was sexually active at the time and the scantiness of the flow really freaked me out. My acne did clear up. I still get my period every month no matter how miniscule it is. I could talk about Junel all day but...they don't give me enough words.

March 12, 2014 7:42 PM
Review by RodriguezSC:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): Last year I began to take these pills and with also having crazy mood swings, I started to have chronic yeast infections. I did all the blood work REPEATEDLY (also expensive) and I came out negative for everything. After about 7 months on the pill I decided to stop. After that yeast infections stopped and I was back to my old self. I don't recall ever losing sex drive but definitely moody. Last month my nurse practitioner gave me Microgestin again just to see if the yeast infections would come back. Have been nauseous, really bloated, no mood swings yet and no yeast infection yet (knocking on wood). Hopefully this time around it works for me or else I'm switching to the Mirena or Nuvaring.

March 12, 2014 11:58 AM
Review by Haykay (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Yes it is effective as a birth control contraceptive. The side effects I have had loss of sex drive, moodiness, weight gain and an irregular menstrual cycle. I stopped taking that pack of pills the end of January 2014 as of now I have yet to have a menstrual cycle. Something is right.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate