User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 80 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 33 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1295 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by reviewer (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started this pill as my first pill ever and it definitely helped with the intensity of my heavy bleeding issue prior to starting the pill. However, I noticed a lot of mood changes, a decrease in sex drive, weight gain, lots of spotting, and I never missed a pill. I am switching to Beyaz now hoping to get better results.

December 18, 2014 12:19 AM

Review by Not pregnant but... (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I gained about 10-12 lbs and couldn't lose it which is weird since I eat very raw and workout hard 4-5 times aweek. As soon as I switched I lost it immediately. I also stopped getting huge cysts all over my body.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2014 10:07 AM

Review by samss:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking for four months. Have not had a period the entire time. No other side effects. Im not concerned im pregnant, so have not taken any tests. I have two children and am not experiencing any pregnancy symptoms. A back up method was used for the first three months

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2014 7:08 PM

Review by miss__E:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Endometriosis: My doctor recommended me to take this birth control pill as I was diagnosed with endometriosis outside of my ovary and had to get a large cyst removed. So far since I've recently started these hormones I have been feeling great. I just noticed that it makes me very hungry, but my mood has been excellent. Feeling great can't complain.

December 8, 2014 11:42 PM

Review by D2JRW08:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Only pill to stop my bleeding after having a period of over 3 months.. Only side effect is I crave mints or toothpaste...anyone else have this problem

December 8, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by CUCU18:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: The whole month I took this pill I was a completely different person. Moody, angry everything just bugged me. I was on Generess before but my insurance didn't cover it anymore. I'm going back to Generess even if I have to pay full price.

December 8, 2014 7:06 PM

Review by anonymous12348438389476:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Like the others here, I had been on Loestrin 24Fe for about six years before I was forced to switch to Minastrin because they discontinued it. It was awful, gave me horrible mood swings and I kept having huge fights with my boyfriend and everyone and I knew it was this pill because that is not like me at all. As soon as I switched the mood swings went away.

December 8, 2014 4:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about 6 months, after getting past the first few months I am very pleased. I no longer have any sort of spotting, the cramps still come every now and then, but my period is always right on time. I see no drastic negative changes.

December 7, 2014 1:08 PM

Review by RaNeisha:

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I have used this birth control for about 3 years on and off now for severe periods. I have no complaints. When actively taking my birth control I have no signs of my period. No cramps, bloating, acne, nausea, cravings, bleeding, nothing. Glad I started on this, it's made my life better!

November 29, 2014 7:43 PM

Review by JENNLOCC (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on it for two months and 5 days and it's worked great for making my period SUPER light and lessened the pain of cramps.. But I lost my appetite and hardly eat anything, I'm overly moody, I get nauseated really easily, breast tenderness that went away after awhile. It's awesome for my periods but I think this dosage is just too strong for a first timer on birth control.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2014 12:21 PM

Review by Algal (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have tried many birth control pills and this is the only one I felt normal on. Although I have stopped getting my period, (my doctor says this is normal) I have no other side effects at all.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2014 12:04 PM

Review by Mommyx2 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have tried several other birth control pills in my lifetime and none have ever done for me what Loestrin does. I suffer from extremely heavy periods and no other pill has ever been able to help except for this one. I get NO PERIODS on this pill. To go from being unable to leave the house for a week to NO PERIOD AT ALL is beyond words for me. Not only is this medicine effective for birth control, it also allows for a shorter period, or none at all! I love this and I will never switch to anything else.

November 26, 2014 1:06 AM

Review by Alexa123123:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Just finishing my first pack with this medication and I have to say, it's working great for me. I'm 20 years old and this was my first time on a hormonal birth control. I chose to get on it for birth control, to help acne, and to regulate my period. Needless to say, I was scared to try it and was worried about side effects. My first week was probably the hardest. I bled for the first 2 days pretty heavy then it stopped. I had nausea on and off for the first week and a half or so, sometimes lasting all day. I could tell my body was a little thrown off but it subsided by week two. Since then, its been smooth sailing and I feel adjusted and perfectly myself on it. Nothing but a good experience for me so far!

November 22, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for : I've been taking this pill for about three months and have gained about 10 pounds. I have no sex drive and I'm so moody the week before my period. I'm going to switch ASAP.

November 22, 2014 3:12 AM

Review by Leigh31 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Well after reading the reviews I'm not so worried about the fact that I haven't had my period for 2 months. I've definitely been freaking out and took 5 pregnancy tests in the past 2 months (even though I've only had sex twice, I just had to be sure, lol.) It would have been nice if my doctor would have mentioned that this was one of the side effects instead of me finding it out on my own, after 2 months of a normal cycle. She put me on this pill because I was experiencing daily discharge with the generic Tri-cyclen. That has ceased to be a problem since starting this particular kind of pill. I have not had any negative side effects, other than not having my period (sure it's no picnic but it gives me peace of mind every month).

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Emily011696 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started this birth control about 3 years ago because I was experiencing heavy and painful periods and I love it! It gave me barely any side effects and it tastes good, like mint. My periods happen around day 3 of the sugar pill and last for about 2-3 days and are very light. I recommend this birth control for anyone!

November 20, 2014 7:00 PM

Review by KseniaZhukov:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I had great experience over 5 years! No extreme side effects, no weight gain, no acne, just AWESOME!

November 19, 2014 4:18 PM

Review by piinky (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: So far no cramps, no weight gain, my sex drive still the same and I'm not moody.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2014 1:51 PM

Review by RachelAndalecia (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking Lo Loestrin FE for about 2.5 years now. The first few months were pretty rough, ie. mood swings, weight gain, low sex drive. I was even nauseous and sometimes had two periods in one month. YES, I agree it can be tough to give this one a chance, but I'm glad I did. At this point I have not had a period in months, and all side effects have mellowed. I do get normal PMS symptoms, light cramping and body aches, just no bleeding. No more weight gain or mood swings. I'm glad I stuck it out because it has been the best birth control I've used.

November 17, 2014 1:26 AM

Review by Lm2323 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on Lo Loestrin FE for over a year now and I'm happy with the birth control. I didn't gain any weight. I didn't have any negative side effects. It's expensive out of pocket but now my insurance covers it so that's a plus!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 9:04 PM

Review by Bee_bee:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started Lo Loestrin Fe because I was having some irregularities with my period and also to prevent pregnancies. This pill was awful. First of all, I already suffer from acne, which is slowly improving. However, this made my acne really bad and I began to develop cystic acne. I began to get constant awful migraines, and I don't have a history of migraines. I was also getting moody. The pill affects everyone differently. But this pill did not work for me. After suffering a whole month with migraines and cystic acne, I stopped once my pack was done. I considered trying to stick it out, but decided it wasn't worth it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 4:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for about 4 years now and its worked wonderfully for me. It completely regulated my period, the flow and not to mention it's prevented pregnancy flawlessly.

November 12, 2014 11:39 PM

Review by AnnaAlexis:

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I have been on this birth control for over a year, and I have not had any complaints so far! This was my first birth control that I had ever taken and it is a life saver! I had the worst periods with aweful cramps and a heavy flow, but now I barely get periods and the pain that comes when I do have a period is very tolerable and minimal. I did not gain any weight since I started the birth control, and in fact, it helped me lose weight. I do not get any acne while on this pill, nor do I get any severe mood swings.

November 7, 2014 10:56 AM

Review by Lauren A:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is the first BC I have been on and have been taking it for two years now. I have had no issues with it. While starting I did have the normal spotting until my body was used to it. But after my first two periods I was fine. I haven't experienced any mood swings or pain. If I miss my pill I take it as soon as I can remember and I am fine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I got on the pill in May, I got my period that month but haven't gotten one since. Ive taken pregnancy tests every month and they all come out negative

November 4, 2014 6:03 PM