User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 38 reviews 161 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 137 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1623 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Nortrel 0.5/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking the pill when I was 17 and began with Tri-sprintec. I loved it, but after a few years I started randomly spotting so my doctor switched me to Nortrel because it had higher levels of estrogen. I am now 21 and have been taking this pill for about 8 months and the experience has been awful. I have gained a ton of weight without changing my eating or exercising habits, have been getting horrible migraines, even though I had never experienced one until this pill, have been getting petechiae everywhere, and scary mood swings. "

DelilaWCrescentine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started this pill when my son was 3 months old (he is now 18 months old). About 6 months ago I stopped taking the pill and 3 months later I started it again. I had never had any problems with the pill before this but after stopping/starting the pill my hair started falling out. I have been to my OBGYN about it (who has taken me off of the pill), to my primary care physician, and to a dermatologist. All 3 doctors say there really isn't anything they can do about the hair loss. It's been about 5 months of hair loss and I am to the point my husband last night noticed my hair line is receding and I've lost about 70% of my hair. I am devastated, embarrassed, and scared! I have read devastating hair loss can happen with this pill!"

SamanthaDom July 28, 2015

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this medication for roughly 3 and a half years and couldn't imagine being on anything else. It cleared up my acne that I struggled with for a long time and now I only get a few breakouts during my period. It also made my periods so light and regular, but sometimes it's almost hard to tell if I even have my period. It has also prevented pregnancy even when I didn't use a condom. If it wasn't for not being able to tell if I even get my period on occasion, I would rate this medication a 10. However, with that being said, all bodies respond differently to different medications so that side effect might only pertain to me."

Bria_ (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "Ladies, please realize you are putting synthetic chemicals into your body. It is completely normal to have side affects, your body won't regulate the pill until after about 3-4 months of consistent pill taking. I have been on microgestion for about 2-3 years and it lightened my period, helped my cramps, and helped my mood swings. However the success of the pill depends on how it reacts with your body. Give these pills a chance (3-4 months) otherwise you won't find one that works. You can't expect it to work within a month."

Sydney284 July 27, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I originally started on the 1/20 dose, moving up to the 1.5/30 because my doctor made an error on my script. I am very happy with this bcp, as it reduced my awful cramps, and heavy menstruation. I have 2 day periods now, little to no cramping. My acne has cleared almost completely other than the once a month breakout on my chin that I feel is unavoidable and I'd rather be on a pill that takes care of most of my acne, rather than no acne at all. I occasionally will have breast tenderness, but not every month and I don't really notice it when it does happen. Also, my symptoms of PMS have decreased significantly. My only complaint is that I do get headaches that may be caused by this pill, but I cannot say for sure that they are."

Emmy99 July 27, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this pill for two months. The first month was amazing. No spotting, my period was only two days on the exact date it was supposed to be on. When the second month started, it was horrible. Mood swings, uncontrollable bleeding, cystic acne, no sex drive. I stopped taking the pill after two weeks into the second month. Acne cleared up, bleeding stopped. I wouldn't recommend this pill."

CamAlexa July 27, 2015

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for over a year, I've never had any problems with it in the beginning except a little spotting in between periods and headaches at first. Now I absolutely hate it and am thinking about not taking it anymore because all of the sudden my periods are starting to mess up and I don't like that at all. This pill has also made me gain like 15lbs."

Anonymous July 26, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Microgestin for almost 3 years, and the only side effect I ever had was that it cleared up my acne completely. My periods are very light now and extremely regular, as opposed to being heavy and sporadic before. Have had constant unprotected sex for 3 years and have never had a scare whatsoever. Oh and it's free with my insurance. 100% win."

Hannahjay July 26, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm giving this pill an 8 because, for me, it had very minimal side effects. I didn't gain any weight, it cleared any blemishes, and experienced no mood swings/depression. However, I did experience SEVERE spotting and breakthrough bleeding, even after being on the pill for three months. My doctor told me to give my body three months to adjust and during my fourth month on this pill, I bled for the entire first week of my fourth pack! Therefore, it feels like I'm getting a period (or at least have to wear pads) twice a month. The spotting is absolutely annoying and I'm strongly considering switching to another pill or just taking myself off of birth control entirely."

VCon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this for over 3 months. I have very light periods that only last a few days (which I love). I started taking this because I got back onto the Nuva ring after 3 years of using no method besides condoms. Although taken the ring in the past and loved it, it didn't work for my body this time and I ended up having an increased amount of breakthrough bleeding. So I asked my doctor for a low hormone bcp. I was skeptical at first because of my past experiences with the pill but I love it. My breasts and stomach feel sore and tender for most of the month, and sometimes I feel more tired than usual, but I love this pill and hope it works for you too!"

SummertoAutumn July 26, 2015

Necon 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Okay so I have been taking Necon for 9 months because of heavy cramping and long periods. The first couple of months were fine. I was just always emotional and sometimes have a bad attitude. The last past month I have been kind of depressed and having anxiety attacks. It didn't come clear to me that it was the pills until my friend stated that was once her side effect. I have put on a couple of pounds and I am now able to feel out a complete D cup. (Unfortunately) and my acne isn't as bad as it was. It's a 50/50 good product."

Kanis (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for three months now and I like it a lot. This is my first time ever being on bc and I'm 17 so I was looking for something simple and easy to handle and this pill was definitely good for me! I didn't get my period the first month and the only side effects I get are sore boobs, cramping (during the same time every month), and minor mood swings. The only negative aspect that I didn't like was that I had spotting in between periods on the third pack (the one I'm on now) which made me nervous since I didn't get that the first two months. Other than that I would highly recommend it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I was skeptic of BC pills because of bad experiences with bleeding weight gain etc while on it. My periods started to get extremely heavy and would last for 2 weeks due to cysts I started microgestin and it has been great no acne and I have actually lost weight and it supresses my appetite. Nothing bad to say about it so far."

Skeptic user July 24, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this bc for 1 month now for my ovarian cyst..ever since I started taking this pill I'm ALWAYS tired and this month that I got my period it was on and off...I HATE IT"

jrascon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on various birth controls for the past 15 years and this was my worst experience. I was off bc for 3 years due to trying to conceive, pregnancy, and then nursing. I wanted to start on the pill again after my daughter weaned. I have only taken it for one month and I can't remember any other pill having such extreme side effects. I immediately got a yeast infection, broke out worse than when I was a teenager, have been exhausted but unable to sleep at night, no sex drive, and extreme mood swings. It has been a horrible experience."

30yearoldwoman July 23, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've only been on this pill for a little over a month now (switched from caziant) and man. I think I love this pill. Before when I was on caziant, things were normal and it regulated my period so I knew when exactly I'd be getting it (use to be very irregular and heavy) and that was great but man. It threw my pH off SO bad. I was so sensitive that any little thing would make me have a yeast infection. So I switched to Lolo (samples) and wow! I was a little but moody at first but it went away. I just haven't had my period yet and that's never happened before so I'm kind of freaking out. Took a test and came back negative. I see this pill makes people not have any at all and I know I feel about that."

Elle321 July 23, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Minastrin for 7 months now. It is the first birth control I have ever been on. My OBGYN recommended I get on the pill due to severe cramping and unpredictable periods. During the first month, my breasts were very tender. I could not even stand to have a bra on. The first three cycles I had a strange brown discharge and the fourth cycle I completely skipped my period. However, since then my period has only been a day long, predictable, and very light. Other than the breast tenderness and weird cycles, the only other symptom I had was constipation. Overall, I found this pill to be wonderful. The only reason I am switching is because I have new insurance that no longer covers it."

998877 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on this birth control for 1 year, and I really have no complaints about it. The only thing that bothered me in the beginning was that I would get so nauseated at night after I would take the pill, but after a month my body got use to it and I had absolutely no other problems. The only reason I am having to switch is because my insurance isn't covering it, and its a little to expensive. But I would recommend this to anyone."

Minastrin 24 July 22, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have had no side effects whatsoever on this pill. This is the first birth control pill I have ever taken and it has worked great for me! I'm not sure if this matters but I am 18 years old."

Badgergirl13 July 22, 2015

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this medication for about 6 months now. I really love it. The first period i had on this pill was pretty rough. Like crazy heavy with lots of clots/tissue. But that was a one time thing. Then I would spot for two weeks at a time and that got annoying. But Now my periods are very light and last only a few days but still with same period symptoms. So far no weight gain at all but my breasts have gotten huge! I was an A cup and now I'm a C. My skin is also very clear! I don't really have any complaints!"

Labnerd77 July 22, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Man. It hasn't been a month & my body is all out of wack. Mood swings, lack of sex drive, extreme hunger within minutes of taking the pill, headaches, dry mouth & vagina! "

BunnieBaby (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "When I got put on it "mild hair loss on scalp" was listed as a possible side effect. Lost half my hair, was scared to go off of it. They do not warn that if aleopecia runs in your family DO NOT TAKE THIS!!! Later, of course, they changed it to just say "scalp hair loss" and took out the mild. A year too late. Have been on it a long time, and now it turns out that half the hair loss I have accrued is permanent. I am 20 years old. Judging from my family, I did not need to lose my hair until at least 35. This pill gave me migraines, made me anxious, panic attacks, (I have lost so many jobs just because I cry in the middle of a work day), the worst, longest depression I have ever had. For a year and a half I suffered. Now I'm bald. Hate it."

LizzieClems July 21, 2015

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "I never breakout ever ( only when i was a teen) I always got compliments for my skin and this has made me breakout, i been getting lots of leg cramps too and spotting all over my cycle. Emotionaly im the about the same. Ive never taken birth control and i think from my experience on this is not worth it."

Liss MM July 21, 2015

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is my first bc pill. I have just fjnished the first month of it. So far I would say it is very good. Made my period super light which is one of the reasons i got on it because mine were way too heavy. No headaches or spotting. The only side effect i have experienced this far is some slight breast tenderness, but nothing too bad! Hope you fjnd what's best for you!"

Anonymous July 20, 2015

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Ever since I've been getting my period I've had dier cramps to the point where id have to miss school for 2 days each month and take sleepy medicine to knock me out. Minastrin absolutely releaved my cramps. I will occasionally feel a discomfort but not bad enough where I have to take pain killers. At first when I got it I barely got my period but now I've had it for close to 3 weeks. I'm not sure if this has to do with the birth control but probably. If I wasn't continuously on my period than I would rate it at an 8 because sometimes it gives me mood swings as well."

rach228 July 19, 2015