User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 80 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 32 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1259 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by Jamie jay:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: I've been on Lo loestrin fe for about two months and I have had extreme cyst acne I have bloating on my mid stomach and a very oily face I am 17.

October 16, 2014 6:00 PM

Review by Larrablabla (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm moving through my second month of these pills after having tried Depo-Provera, which I hated, no sex drive, extremely mental... Seasonique, which cause teenage-like acne, wacky spotting... I like Junel Fe so far, I didn't know the brown pills are iron, thinking they were just sugar I didn't take them and suffered low iron headaches, this month I'll take them. My period was quick and light, minimal cramping, not even bad enough to take pain killers. I do have a metallic taste in my mouth that started recently. I hope that goes away.

October 15, 2014 9:46 AM

Review by Pill switcher (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have tried so many different birth control pills for so long and could never find the right one. Then tried Minastrin Fe. I'm very pleased with it. It does make me a little more hungry. But I am aware it's only a side effect and ignore any extra appetite I may feel. In general it's a good pill!

October 13, 2014 4:04 PM

Review by Guadalupe. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I get PMS-y. I gained some weight. My sex drive still the same. I pleased with my birth control.

October 6, 2014 9:51 PM

Review by Shazz2807:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I have been on this pill 2 months cons I am sick to my stomach everyday, I throw up at least once a week and pee like every 10mins. I also get headaches towards the end of the day. So I started taking my second pack before I go to sleep to avoid these symptoms no such luck. Pro's barely has a period last month waiting to see this month. I will stick it out for another month, but if nothing changes I'm changing it so far I'm very disappointed I was so excited for this pill

October 6, 2014 5:29 PM

Review by crysf6028 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I been on this pill for a little over 4 months now so far so good up until today I had the worst experience ever. I was having a bad mood or anxiety attack. I had company over and I felt so overwhelmed. I lost focused and wondered off into space. I couldn't focus properly. I also felt so tensed up and just wanted to scream. When my company left I felt short of breath and my whole body felt so achy. I almost called for medical help. I finally gathered myself together and called my friend who is a nurse. The first thing she asked is which birth control are you taking.? She knew exactly why I was going crazy. It makes me so moody but never this bad.

October 3, 2014 12:57 AM

Review by Mel03657:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm nearing the end of my 4th month on this pill. It was the first birth control I've been on. Prior to taking this pill I always had acne problems. My first month on Lo Loestrin Fe was absolutely horrible acne-wise. I even developed a large cyst on my forehead (yikes!). It went away in a few weeks. I'd say after the first 2 months my acne was back to normal and now it's beginning to get better. I see a lot of girls talking about how horrible it makes their acne but my dermatologist said give it 6 months and see. Try and wait it out, it will probably get better. I had no side effects aside from the acne. 2 periods last month, but I'm assuming my body is still getting used to it.

October 2, 2014 4:39 PM

Review by devon99:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for 3 weeks and already can't wait to switch to something else. After the first week I became severely depressed with heavy mood swings and no sex drive at all. I cried at everything. I felt nauseous almost every day.

October 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Review by arosema1:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I tried several different birth control medicines before my doctor prescribed Minastrin 24 Fe. On other pills (particularly Viorele) I felt very emotional and uncomfortable. While taking Minastrin, I feel like myself and I have had no weight gain. Minastrin has caused me to stop getting my period, but my doctor says that this is completely normal.

October 1, 2014 11:27 AM

Review by aquatic10:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: 48 years old. Was prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe for heavy frequent bleeding. OB told me it might even suppress periods. First cycle, had light discharge for 10 days. Second cycle: nothing, no period! Crossing fingers !

September 30, 2014 8:07 PM

Review by jennymac15:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have have been taking Lo Loestrin for 5 months now and only had one short light period, which scares me because I am not used to not having a period. I haven't has any side effects with the birth control. I'm 24 yrs old and about 180lbs, I gain weight very easily with other birth control pills but haven't with Lo Loestrin. I love the pill other than not having a period for 4 months, I'm not sure if that's normal or not, definitely have to speak to the doctor. Lo Loestrin works real well preventing pregnancy, that's the reason I am sticking with it, and plus it doesn't have all these extra hormones like other birth controls.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2014 9:07 AM

Review by stephvt (taken for less than 1 month):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started this pill and have noticed serious changes. Moodiness, very snappy, depressed, thinking negative. Although I don't feel nauseous or dizziness.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Anonymous121 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking this medication for about a year and a half now. I began taking it because other birth controls made me moody and the obvious fact that I'm not ready to be pregnant yet. This medication definitely makes you nauseous. I feel nauseous nearly every day. I haven't had a period since the first two months that I started the pill. Normally I wouldn't complain about a lack of periods, but other side effects I've had include frequent (I'm talking back to back to back) yeast infections and (TMI) vaginal dryness. Intercourse can be very painful. I'm switching off of this medication as I have tried everything to no avail. Being on birth control seems pointless if I can't even have sex.

September 24, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by allim (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I never had a bad experience with this pill. I freaked out when I first started taking it because I didn't have a period. But I fell in love with it. I don't have periods. I don't get any weight gain or mood swings. I have been on this pill for about 4years now. It does take a bit for your both do get use to a pill. So don't hate it. It will take a month to a few. I haven't had any problems with it.

September 22, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by Sarah m B:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about a year, after switching from one that made me very very moody. I have noticed a much lower sex drive, but it does its job so I'm not complaining. My period is always on time, I hardly ever spot between them an I am overall very pleased!

September 22, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by Christina1143:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for over a year now. There are some good and some bad that come with it. Of course. I'm 21, always have had light periods and when I started this birth control, I quit having them. I take ALL of my pills when I'm supposed to and I haven't had a period in months. Here and there I will spot for less than a day. I'm somewhat moody and get angry easier than I should sometimes. Great news, I didn't lose my sex drive on this pill as I have with others. I'd recommend trying it, if it works, it works. If not, onto the next.

September 21, 2014 10:39 PM

Review by CC14:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on Lo Loestrin FE for about two years. The first year and a half were GREAT! I had absolutely no side effects, never had my period, and most importantly never got pregnant. Unfortunately, near the end I begin experiencing severe vaginal dryness, pain during intercourse, mood swings, and acne. I have no clue what happened, but am sadly discontinuing use. I am temporarily switching to the patch which will hopefully work better with my body. I soon plan on getting either the Mirena or Nexplanon for long-term prevention and less hassle (I hope). The price was also terrible. For the longest time I paid $75 a month which eventually decreased to $50 and then to $25. Be sure to ask your Dr for the discount card and sample packs.

September 21, 2014 11:13 AM

Review by Aleccd:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: While this birth control did it's job by being a good contraceptive, I have a lot of symptoms with it. I gained 15 lbs in the first 2 months, had so much acne, and just felt like complete crap. I couldn't do it anymore after the 6th month, so I stopped taking it. Everyone is different but it is definitely not for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm getting ready to finish up my second pack at the end of this week. I have to say after the first month, I really debated to quit taking it. I had HORRIBLE side effects. Constant headaches, muscle aches and spasms and my period was HORRIFIC. Then again this was the first real period I've had in years. It came on my 2nd week and lasted throughout the rest of my pack and it was HEAVY. Like 3 boxes of super tampons heavy! I was breaking out, cramps were TERRIBLE, irritable and felt like I had no energy BUT I found out I was also extremely deficient in Vitamin D and I needed more potassium. Now that I'm taking my multi-vitamins, I've found that my side effects have really subsided. My period is LIGHT and my sex drive has increased.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by Jamiek11:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've just recently started taking Minastrin, I haven't even made it through the first packet and I'm noticing side effects. I've had severe back pain, and mild mood swings, I want to cry all the time & it's affecting my relationship. I get mad at my boyfriend for every single thing he does & I was not like that at all before. I've been a very angry and depressed person since taking it.

September 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Review by Hatethispill (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Terrible headaches, heavy bleeding throughout the month. Awful experience.

September 10, 2014 3:09 AM

Review by Sal 19371:

Gildess Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was on Gianvi before which gave me HORRIBLE mood swings, I put on weight, and I had my period every day. I was then switched to Gildess Fe and I love it. My weight went down and it's east for me to lose weight. I don't really have junk cravings, and I don't get my period. The first month of taking this medicine I spotted every day, but by the second pack all my spotting was gone. Definitely would recommend this medicine.

September 9, 2014 11:18 AM

Review by Kendyl22:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was browsing the web looking for reviews for contraceptive options, due to the fact that it is hard for me to remember to take the pill everyday. I have been on Loestrin/Minastrin for 6 years now, and I have loved it. I was put on this birth control my first day at the gyno as a test pack to see if the pill was right for me. I fell in love with fact that you only had to have your period four days a month so I was sold! The only time I wasn't on this pill is when my pharmacy accidentally prescribed me the generic brand but it was an easy fix. For anyone who wants to try it I encourage them to do so. It has been awesome for me. I never seemed to have any problems with it!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by harper21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is probably the pill I'll never take. The first six months were great. I lost weight, had 100% regular periods with no in between bleeding. Now I've had a good 4 months of non-stop anxiety, paranoia, and depression that wasn't there before. I have also developed bleeding the week before my period is supposed to show up. Definitely switching pills ASAP.

September 6, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by KayRenee:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm a week from completing my 2nd pack of this birth control and so far, so good. My first two weeks I experienced slight nausea, nothing to stop my day. I did have recurrent headaches during that period as well however, they've diminished in occurrence. My first 'period' was extremely light. I only saw pale streaks upon wiping, nothing transferred to my liner. I have experienced a leap in my appetite so I've had to take more care in my eating habits. Overall, I'd recommend this pill to others. My effects have been minimal and I still feel like myself.

September 5, 2014 8:09 PM