User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, ...show all 93 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 47 reviews 160 medications

4.4
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 2433 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 14 years old and I've been on it for 4 months and I hate it. I'm on it for regular periods since my blood flows too quickly and it has done nothing. I've been on my period for 4 months, light mostly but heavy sometimes. I also went on it for my acne but it did nothing. I gained 4 pounds and now I have stubborn belly fat. I also have huge stretch marks (idk if its related but they showed up when I took it). Also, I have no motivation anymore. Don't take this please!"

GAINED WEIGHT AND SADNESS May 27, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "The first month was ok, but this is my second month of use, and I started bleeding (moderately) in the second week of the pill pack! No fair! I should be into the "no bleeding zone" right now! I am less than thrilled. I feel gross, bloated, and have cramping and low back pain. I am only on the pill to keep regular, to avoid anemia, but this month it's doing just the opposite! I don't know if I should stay on it and give it more time, or go to something else. Ugh!"

Suz3328 May 27, 2016

Necon 7/7/7 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My experience may be helpful as I have been on this pill for 20+ years with GREAT success. I starting reading reviews this morning and see while some are great others are not. My 21 year old daughter will be starting these pills next week after having horrible experiences with 2 to 3 others. Thought I would see what others are saying as everyone is different. I have barely had a period in 20 years. Usually 3-4 days where only a panty shield is necessary. It is not red which used to concern me as did the lack of period. I stopped twice to make sure I was ok & after one full period went right back on these pills. To summarize in an effort to be brief. NO CRAMPS NO PERIOD but light flow 3-4 days OVERALL healthy Still taking well into my 40's After my daughter struggling I insisted they put her on these to try. My OBGYN said the hormones were higher than some others was why she didn't start on them. GREAT SUCCESS for me Everyone is different. Hope this helps."

LisaM2 May 26, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Ok, so.. first month I had no issues. I gained a couple pounds, but nothing noticeable. I got a light period the first month, so no problems there. The main reason I wanted to post here is because I have a slight condition called TMJ. It has to do with clicking in your jaw. Anyways.. the past few days I started having pain in my jaw when I open my mouth and its terrible. I actually found an article someone else wrote saying they had the same experience when they first started a birth control. Apparently estrogen can change the way females "perceive pain" as the article says. Anyways I am going to stop this pill in hopes that the pain will go away. If anyone else has experienced this it would be good to note it so others are aware."

stolte (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2016

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I stopped and restarted this BC to see if maybe the side effects woulds change but they only got worse. My emotions have been up and down and im suddenly getting really bad anxiety. My appetite is also out of control. Mu stomach feels like its a black pit 24/7 and im tired all the time. Ive tried other birth controls before and I just think the hormonal changes dont agree with me at all."

Gio Bia May 25, 2016

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took junel fe birthcontrol for a week I stop because I started feeling sick three days later I came on my period I been on my period for a week now ever time I eat something I throw up I feel sick on and off threw out the day I have back pains this my first time taking birthcontrol ever"

Diamond618 May 24, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill for over 6 months and it has been the worst experience. When I first started taking it, it was fine but 2 months into it I started gaining weight.. And gained up to 10 pounds. My breasts went from a b to almost a d cup and hurt all the time. I was super angry and depressed all the time. It got to the point where I did not want to get out of bed and go on with my normal routine. I lost many friendships due to being depressed. I also did not go to school for over 3 weeks. I would never recommend this pill to anyone. I should of not taken it when I saw the reviews the first time. I just switched to a different pill and already lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks!"

Ashli34 May 24, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have taken this medication for a few years now. It has definitely helped with the length of my period. It went from 7 days to 3 days. However I still had the pms symptoms like nausea and pain. I noticed that I am continually gaining weight despite exercise. But to be fair I am getting older as well. So that would be my worse side effect so far."

Anonymous May 24, 2016

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Microgestin for 5 months. Although it solved my original problem of severe cramping (what I thought was ovarian cysts), Microgestin had many side effects for me. I experienced nausea right before periods, depression, anxiety, and extreme mood swings. I was sleeping a lot during the day which caused me to not sleep at night. I am switching to Trinessa and hope it fixes these problems."

jjj900 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Works very well! Cleared up my skin, didn't gain any weight, and not pregnant. Did not get any side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "First three months I spotted almost everyday, then about the fourth month it leveled out...and then I started getting my period twice a month. My mood swings got so bad that I lashed out in rage at my boyfriend for literally nothing. I cry A LOT...and I have weird pains in my breasts in the same spot that never seem to go away. I still have pretty bad cramps when I'm on my period, so it didn't help with that. Besides that, this pill has been reliable and didn't change my weight, sex drive, or give me acne. I didn't experience nausea or headaches so that was nice. I would recommend any ladies to at least give it a try, might work for you."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2016

Larin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "EXTREME fatigue and weight gain, loss of period, sore breasts, nasuea. I started taking pill and couldn't get enough sleep after 8- 10 hours of sleep I would need a morning nap for after dropping children at school - sometimes for 2 hours. Legs felt heavy. Gave it a try for 2.5 months and couldn't stand it any longer. I've been off the pil for a week and feel completely normal again- thank goodness. I had an minena IUD with hormones for 5 years and believe that was giving me fatigue as well as it was slightly infected- but at that stage I had a series of life challenges that could have accounted fatigue too. It seems additional hormones do no suit me. Previous Oral birth control gave me severe depression. Still searching."

47 years old May 23, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill for just three weeks and noticed a major increase in anxiety and depression. I was miserable until I realized it wss from this pill. I stopped it immediately and shortly began feeling so much better. If you have a history of anxiety do not take this pill"

Miamiamia May 23, 2016

Cyclafem 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Been on Cyclaflem 1/35 for 2 months and absolutely loving it! No nasty side effects, definitely a bit more emotional but nothing outrageous. Fun colored pills: pink active pills and blue placebo pills, I know that has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the pill but it surely helps me remember to take it. I can take it on a completely empty stomach and be ok. No spotting when skipping periods. Great so far!"

HPGIRL55 May 22, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I hate BC. I have tried them all. I stayed off of them for several years and became tired with condoms and finally gave in. Well.. I gained 10 lbs and did everything to lose it. I had the sweetest sexiest bf and he broke up with me after 4 months on the pill (which I took for him) because I became a crazy emotional mess. I fought with anyone and everyone. I was unmotivated and severely depressed to the extreme. It is not worth it. Just use condoms or refrain from sex. You have a better chance of a long term relationship with no sex at all than becoming the crazy monster this pill makes you."

FeltNuts35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Minastrin for 7 months now. I was prescribed this specific OCP bc I have PCOS. This medication has helped decrease my cramps, acne, and mood swings. I would recommend this birth control to anyone. I work in an OBGYN clinic, so I get samples. Not sure how much it would cost if I had to get the prescription filled."

Kia011187 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed LoLoestrin FE to treat very painful ovulation and ovarian cysts. The pain was unbearable and making my life miserable. I experienced no more pain as soon as I started taking these pills and haven't had any since ( 1 year ago). I always had heavy periods and now my periods are super lite for a couple of days. I've had no weight gain, in fact I've lost some. I do experience some moodiness, sadness and low sex drive."

Diane_45 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The pros for this pill are that it did lighten my period which is what I was looking for since I have fibroids which make my cycles heavier than normal. Also, I didn't get migraines with these pills like I did with some other birth control pills. Now to the cons. Within a few months of taking this pill I have picked up 14 pounds!!!! My moods are horrible and my sex drive is low. I tend to feel down a lot more than usual as well. I was also very very tired all the time. No matter how much sleep I got or how well I ate, my energy was just gone. I decided to switch after the last pack of pills. They just didn't agree with my body."

GulfCoastGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "WORST BC PILL EVER!!! First two weeks went great no side effects but third week was terrible! This pill made me super bloated and constipated. It really messed my stomach up it's so uncomfortable. Will never take this again."

Anonymous May 20, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "I really had no issues with being on the med, until the horrible cystic acne on my chin began and continued!! I am 46 and have never experienced this kind of acne in my life. So embarrassing. It is painful & gross. I am stopping this pill. Was so glad to see other posts about this horrible med."

LR32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I like microgestin. No side effects for me personally. Also my insurance covers it so it's free. I recommend."

Heidi 123 May 18, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The first few months I took Lo Lo Fe, seemed to go well. A few mood swings and headaches, but I figured my body needed time to get used to it. Fast forward 6 months and I still have headaches every day, mood swings, issues with labido, stomach cramps, fatigue, feeling sad and down all the time, and I have gained 16 pounds! No matter how much I work out or how good I eat, my weight goes up every time I step on the scale. I finally decided to quit taking it. All the issues aren't good for me."

TFull (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is my first time in birth control and I was scared to try it becuase all the side effects. It's been almost a month now and honestly I didnt suffer any side effects only the firt few days I was very tired but it went away.I totally recomend it"

Estefani (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on microgestin for about four months and wanted to look up what other people have said about the drug because of potential side effects I've seen. I've gained a solid five pounds since I've been on the pills that I'm having a lot of trouble shaking. Thats after being at the same weight for the three years. I also have zero sex drive, which is annoying as hell. I'm on the pill to not get pregnant, but if I don't want to have sex when I'm on the pill what's the freaking point? I've had really bad mental and emotional reactions to other birth control pills so I'm sensitive to that issue but have not experience it on this pill. Still adjusting and haven't gotten into a period cycle on these yet, but I've had no period on others befor"

qwerty098 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Horrible!!! I decided to give this a try but in the first month I gained 10 lbs, my apetite increased so much. I couldn't control myself it was worse than the munchies(420) my husband and I started having issues bc I was never in the mood for sex and I mean NEVER. Horrible horrible horrible. Mood swings,I would get really sad out of no where pretty depressing. I was very negative started losing confidence which is not me. Only good thing this pill did was give me super clear skin. Today is 1 month and 1 week i am not taking it anymore!!!"

Browneyedbeauty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016