User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 81 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 35 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1367 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by Andy 8a (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I am on my fourth month with this pill and it works great. The only side effect I have seen is very mild blemishes, which does bother me because before starting use of the medication I rarely ever got pimples. My periods are once a month but only last about two days and are fairly light. I am so far pleased.

February 24, 2015 5:37 PM

Review by Juanita359 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Doing great on this pill! My moods are even keel (notice moodiness near the days when you take iron but they are mild compared to the wild mood swings I experienced when I was not on the pill) and I don't get any periods anymore, ever. My doctor said this is fine and that this can sometimes be an effect of this low dose pill (great effect). I have not experienced any weight gain or loss with this pill which is key. Also, my skin seems clearer. Try it out! Only downside to me so far is the cost, about $25. But seems like small price to pay for no wild mood swings and no periods!

February 23, 2015 11:57 AM

Review by not specified:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about 10 months & I LOVE it ! I originally got on it for birth control & it did the job. I haven't gotten pregnant after never using protection or any other contraception . I still get my normal 3 day period but a few months I had spotting or a longer period. overall, I love ❤ it and will continue to use it until I'm ready for another child.

February 20, 2015 8:53 PM

Review by Saraaaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on it for little over a year now, starting it when I was 17. I was a bit moody at first, but no weight gain, acne did clear up decently. No pregnancy scares with my boyfriend. Definitely lessened cramps and flow once a month. However, after the one week on it each month I have mild cramps and light flow. Happens for a few days then back to nothing. Still have a period each month but pain and flow greatly reduced.

February 20, 2015 7:11 AM

Review by KLT110592:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm in the middle of my fourth month on the pill, and during this month I feel much better! I had some weight gain at first, but that's okay now. My face is having a lot more issues with acne so that sucks. The worst thing was during the first three months I had spotting for two weeks then would be off for a week and would spot again for two week. It was light, but constant and annoying!! I kept telling myself I was going to change and make an appointment asap but hesitated because I wanted to wait it out and give it more of a chance. I reccomend people to do that with this pill because it's all evening out right, it just took time.

February 16, 2015 11:21 AM

Review by AbigailsMom1113:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Ive been taking it for a year now, works great for me. I can only do the pill because my body reacts so strangly to most but this has cause no problems for me. My mood is normal, weight is the same. I'd tell others to give it a chance

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 4:51 AM

Review by Clogan14:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on a low hormone pill for almost 10 years, this one has been the worst. I've been taking Gildess for about 4 months now and have noticed the worst of the side effects within the last two months. I'm incredibly moody, kind of depressed (weird highs and lows), almost no sex drive whatsoever and have gained about 10 pounds. I really don't feel like myself anymore and unfortunately it took me a while to figure out that it was the birth control that has been causing this. I will be switching ASAP.

February 15, 2015 3:35 PM

Review by Daisy F.:

For Birth Control: Took this medicine for about two weeks and experienced mild stomach cramps, nausea, and gas. Happy to be off!

February 14, 2015 10:26 AM

Review by Ghj:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking this for 3 weeks now and have had a light period the whole time. Everyone else is saying the opposite so I'm wondering why my results are different. Maybe I just need to give it more time for my body to get use to it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2015 10:48 AM

Review by JM2015:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Took Lo Loestrin Fe for about 18 months - during the first month or two I experienced some spotting and bleeding between periods, but after that my period stopped completely. I didn't mind it, because I was very good at taking it at the same time every day. I went off the pill a month ago and my period returned 5 weeks after stopping the pill.

February 10, 2015 11:00 AM

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This pill is great! I'm super sensitive to birth control pills and this is the only one I've ever felt normal on. I would definitely recommend it to anyone! I did have breakthrough bleeding the first few months but that seems to have cleared up. No actual periods really which is amazing. Also it is indeed experience BUT the ACA under Obama care has made it affordable. I was paying high out of pocket prices for it but I called my insurance and they told me I needed to have my doctor call and tell them it's the one I need to be on and then they would cover it for $0/ month! So thank god for that. Definitely check with your insurance and pharmacist! They are full of helpful information!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 9, 2015 11:32 PM

Review by First experience (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I am almost done with my second month and I am having no problems! I was a little skeptical to start this pill but I am doing just fine on it. Don't be scared to give it a try, ladies.

February 8, 2015 8:14 PM

Review by summerforevverr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've only been on it for two months but so far I love it! My period lasts 1-2 days and its super light! It does make me feel a little nauseous every now and then but nothing too bad. Other then that its perfect! I still feel like myself and my skin is super clear, I highly recommend this birth control, its awesome!

February 7, 2015 1:56 PM

Review by Mood Swinger (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This medicine is effective and does the job of "birth control". However, I still have cramps and I have emotional breakdowns the few days before my period comes. I turn into an either sad or extremely angry person and I cannot take no for an answer. I am considering switching medications if this does not change. It is beginning to ruin relationships.

February 7, 2015 10:57 AM

Review by Lhocking (taken for less than 1 month):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been in this for 3 weeks. I had nausea in the beginning but then took it in the evening and much better. I had very dry skin issues and all has cleared up. So far I have no issues with it.

February 5, 2015 12:34 PM

Review by Anonomus (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I love Junel Fe. Been on it for a year a half the only side effect is I usually get migraines around my period. But I also have had migraines prior to beginning the pill. Periods are easily predictable and little lighter than they were before (4 days long). Cramps are the same for me, no weight gain, no difference in moodiness, and actually helped stop breast tenderness for me. Love the iron pills as the placebos. And best of all it's free.

February 4, 2015 3:39 PM

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about a month and I love it. No mood swings and same sex drive. The only noticable difference is my breasts! They are so tender. They feel as if I have a 90 pound clip hanging on my nipples. I do get nauseous through out the day but its bearable. My weight is the same. Sometimes I have an appetite, other times I don't. Overall, this is a great birth control.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2015 2:21 PM

Review by Bleeding (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm naturally depressed/anxious, but this medicine has made it so much worse. Panic attacks, headaches, suicidal thoughts. Awful experience.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2015 4:49 PM

Review by Eve5153:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for : Never have been on birth control and started this pill a week ago. Doctor told me to start right away so I took the first row and started on a Thursday. I was also on my last day of my period. 6 days later I started spotting and I've been somewhat on my period since then. Also. my mood swings are like a rollercoaster. Is this normal for birth control because my body is adjusting?

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2015 2:30 PM

Review by MomOfFour85 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: A little skeptical, moved from mini-pill (after a scare one month) to this one. So far I haven't gotten a real period, but rather several short brownish spotting. Which fits me perfectly! Love it!

January 28, 2015 12:34 PM

Review by Stefunny22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Lo Loestrin Fe is by far the best birth control I have ever tried! I cannot tell you how many different contraceptives I have tried and they have all made me miserable. I've had absolutely no side effects on Lo Loestrin Fe. My skin is clear, my periods last maybe a day and it's super light. Absolutely no cramps or nausea. My weight fluctuates on its own so I wouldn't blame the pill for that lol.

January 27, 2015 10:10 AM

Review by Sheya (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I love this birth control. It's the only one I've been on, so I can't compare it to others, but I've been on it for about 4 or 5 years. My fiance and I don't use condoms or any other back up method and I have never been pregnant. I didn't have any weight gain and it cleared up acne. I love it and will stay on this until we decide to have children.

January 17, 2015 10:00 PM

Review by Tota71111 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is my third month using this birth control. I love it it's amazing no bad side effects at all its serving it purpose 100%.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 5:39 PM

Review by Anonymous146 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on Junel for 10 months now and have no complaints. I had very mild nausea and mood swings for the first 2 months but have not experienced these since. My moderate acne has completely cleared up thanks to this pill. My only complaint is that my pack is 21 days with no placebo pills. I wish I had the placebo pills for consistency. Also, I did not gain weight but I regularly make healthy lifestyle choices and am active.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2015 12:05 PM

Review by madsaintmad:

Dasetta 7/7/7 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: It was a fine pill, only a little spotting. But during the off-week, my vagina would burn like crazy for three days. It would wake me up during the night

January 15, 2015 11:15 AM