User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 80 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 34 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1342 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by MomOfFour85 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: A little skeptical, moved from mini-pill (after a scare one month) to this one. So far I haven't gotten a real period, but rather several short brownish spotting. Which fits me perfectly! Love it!

January 28, 2015 12:34 PM

Review by Stefunny22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Lo Loestrin Fe is by far the best birth control I have ever tried! I cannot tell you how many different contraceptives I have tried and they have all made me miserable. I've had absolutely no side effects on Lo Loestrin Fe. My skin is clear, my periods last maybe a day and it's super light. Absolutely no cramps or nausea. My weight fluctuates on its own so I wouldn't blame the pill for that lol.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2015 10:10 AM

Review by Sheya (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I love this birth control. It's the only one I've been on, so I can't compare it to others, but I've been on it for about 4 or 5 years. My fiance and I don't use condoms or any other back up method and I have never been pregnant. I didn't have any weight gain and it cleared up acne. I love it and will stay on this until we decide to have children.

January 17, 2015 10:00 PM

Review by Tota71111 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is my third month using this birth control. I love it it's amazing no bad side effects at all its serving it purpose 100%.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 5:39 PM

Review by Anonymous146 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on Junel for 10 months now and have no complaints. I had very mild nausea and mood swings for the first 2 months but have not experienced these since. My moderate acne has completely cleared up thanks to this pill. My only complaint is that my pack is 21 days with no placebo pills. I wish I had the placebo pills for consistency. Also, I did not gain weight but I regularly make healthy lifestyle choices and am active.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2015 12:05 PM

Review by madsaintmad:

Dasetta 7/7/7 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: It was a fine pill, only a little spotting. But during the off-week, my vagina would burn like crazy for three days. It would wake me up during the night

January 15, 2015 11:15 AM

Review by Eshe:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is the best birth control, I had no side effects. Only switching due to high out of pocket cost. Experienced NO weight gain, acne, mood swings, etc. If you can afford the out of pocket cost for this TIER 3 medication then I definitely recommend it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 1:50 PM

Review by CCM14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm almost finishing my second pack of Lo Loestrin Fe and so far not very many problems! The first couple weeks of taking it I had really bad headaches and I've gained maybe 2 lbs, my weight does change from time to time anyway! I've have one period which was very light and haven't had any other side affects! I would recommend Lo Loestrin Fe.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2015 8:48 PM

Review by KAT08:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: First time taking birth control and as soon as I started taking this pill I immediately broke out. Under my chin I had constant pimple after pimple show up. It's been a month in and I still have breakouts!

January 10, 2015 4:02 PM

Review by Ktktktktktktkt:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm 18. This is the first pill I've been on. I've been taking it for 4 months every day at the same time, no missed pill. The first month I was very moody, anything set me off. I'm fine now, but considering swapping because each month when "ovulation" would occur, I bleed. It's constant spotting for almost a week at a time. Of course, I was on antibiotics at one point. But other than that 1 month, I've bled. I'm tired of the spotting, but they said give it a few months. Not sure what to do. Breasts did get larger. Just don't like the spotting at all.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 11:10 AM

Review by Rachel dif:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Im 18 and don't like this pill the first week of side effects was horrible I couldn't even get up. I've been taking it for 3 months and only got my period 1 time ... I don't like that because it scares me. I gained like 15 pounds and been so depressed. I will be switching soon

January 7, 2015 9:04 PM

Review by Jackie798 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: The best part of taking Lo Loestrin Fe is that I can still have an orgasm! All the other birth control I've ever tried I've hated, because of that and stronger side affects. This pill has worked great for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 2:18 PM

Review by htlagitd:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I wish my doctor would have told me that one side effect (if you can call it that) is NO PERIOD! I've been panicking thinking I'm pregnant and after reading all the comments, this is totally normal! I've been on it for 3 months now and I love it! Now that I know I'm not pregnant! I still get cramps and bloating, a few break outs, but no other side effects. A bit pricy, &75 for three month supply. Hoping my new insurance will cover some of it though.

January 6, 2015 12:43 PM

Review by Loriiiiii (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been using this birth control for nearly two years now and I really like it! The first month was full of painfully swollen breasts and a lot of emotions (suddenly crying while eating??), but after that short period I haven't had any other side effects! My periods are short and often skipped. This is certainly the best solution that I've tried!

January 6, 2015 12:38 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I switched to this medicine (from Camrese) mainly suffering from a very decreased sex drive and heavy periods, with very dismal mood swings. This medicine fixed all of that (yay!). Additionally, periods are very light, lasting about 2 days. I have not had any additional problems with weight, acne, etc. I would highly recommend giving this a shot if you are having problems with other, heavier dose meds!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 6:46 PM

Review by samm009:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I switched to this pill after using Sprintec for years and had instant weight gain. I gained 20 pounds in the first three months. No noticeable changes in mood, sex drive, or acne. My skin stayed very clear. I also stopped having a period completely and although it was wonderful I could not get used to it. The pregnancy panics along with the weight gain forced me to stop taking these pills.

January 3, 2015 7:50 PM

Review by small_cats (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have taken Junel Fe 1/20 for two months primarily as a method of birth control. So far, I have had a few episodes of mild nausea, and one more serious episode where the nausea was nearly immobilizing and accompanied with harsh pelvic pain and spotting. I have had some mood swings and low feelings -- though I experienced this prior in the form of PMS, too. My breasts seem slightly larger, though I have not gained weight otherwise. Prior to taking Junel Fe 1/20, I had very occasional breakouts, which I am still experiencing. I experienced spotting and light bleeding on the active pills -- which will hopefully subside as the hormones regulate.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2015 4:31 PM

Review by S7 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This pill is awesome. I've taken it for about 2 and 1/2 years now. No side effects when I first started either. I haven't had a period since but I'm okay with that. I highly recommend this pill to anyone looking for a low dose birth control.

January 2, 2015 9:24 AM

Review by carolinafan1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I experienced a lot of weight gain, but the worst side effect has been dry skin on my face and I have never had skin problems. I have also experienced some headaches but I am going to actually take the brown pill this month. I have a missed period one month and then the next month I get my period 2 times in one cycle. But it's working the best out of all the birth controls that I have used. (I use birth control for hormone headaches)

January 1, 2015 9:36 PM

Review by Kerryk.:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I recently switched to this birth control and have nothing bad to say about it. I used to have cramps, bad acne, mood swings and back pain. My mood swings, cramps and acne went away! My period used to be 7 days and very heavy. It's 5 days and light! I couldn't be happier!

December 29, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by SeatownGal (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is my first time on the pill to help with cramps and this birth control is helping a lot. I no longer have raging cramps every month. I haven't gained any weight on the pill either. The only issue I have with it is it affecting my period. My last period lasted for 13 days and I am still spotting here and there. I am still new to the pill so it should be something I hopefully get used to. No major mood swings on this for me either.

December 29, 2014 3:11 PM

Review by Glac (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is the first birth control I've ever taken and I've had a few mood swings, at the same time I'm still a teenager and hormones are flying everywhere so it doesn't truly bother me. I used to have terrible periods where I would have to miss school for a few days at a time and immediately the medicine fixed it. My period only occurs on the placebo days and is very light and with minor cramps that a few period relief pills help. Last month I did feel very sick during my placebo days and Im sure it's because I was taking it but not eating. I was told that would happens so I advise you to always eat before taking it. I also had terrible acne and it has cleared up immensely. Overall it's great for me.

December 28, 2014 2:14 PM

Review by jackieeee:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have finished my first packed of this birth control and honestly haven't really had any side effects. I was afraid at first of starting because of all the reviews I've read online about the mood swings and such but I haven't experienced any. The only side effect I did notice was random spotting (bleeding). It's not a lot though. Overall so far I am pleased with this birth control, this is actually my first birth control I am taking. By the way I am 18 years old.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2014 4:49 AM

Review by Steelegirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Gildess Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for almost a year now and it's great. I'm 18, this is my first pill, so I have nothing to. Before I started this I had a period maybe every 3-6 months. My doctor said it's because I am so active. Now I get my period every month and have found that my mood has gotten much better. Before I used to be very somber and now I am a lot happier. I still have acne, most likely because I am still a teen. However I do find it strange that my breasts fluctuate in size every month. Usually a week and a half before I get my period they get a lot fuller. I have noticed weight loss, and am quite happy with it. Overall this is a great pill, plus I don't mind the unprotected sex.

December 24, 2014 9:51 PM

Review by CH1008 (taken for less than 1 month):

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm 17 and this is my first birth control pill ever and I've only been on it for 4 weeks. I'm currently experiencing my first period on the pill. Before I was on birth control I had extremely terrible cramps as most people in my family do. However this period has been GREAT. No cramps and my flow is extremely light and easy. The only downside is that when I gain weight it sticks and stays which is abnormal because my weigh used to fluctuate and my attitude is a little bit more raw and sensitive. With that being said this pill was a great fit for me , I'd recommend it!

December 24, 2014 1:58 PM