Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 81 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 36 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1378 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by Diana1233 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: First and only birth control I've been on. Doctor recommended due to minimal side effects. She stated it is supposed to be a chewable pill but that it could be also be swallowed. (So that's what I've done) I had light regular period before I got on it. Now I randomly get a period maybe every 2 or 3 months.

March 24, 2015 1:24 AM

Review by AnastasiaAlexis (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Endometriosis: I have been on this for almost two years and I am so glad that I am on it! I gained zero weight (I actually lost weight), I am not moody, my skin is smooth and clear, the periods are SO much better! I only get a little bit of a flow and the cramps are minimal. I actually barely get a period anymore, but my GYN said it was normal.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 3:18 PM

Review by StarStar895:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I've been taking Microgestin for about a month and it was making me spot uncontrollably and it made me short of breath. ...

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 8:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on my period for well over a month after just forgetting one pill. I also have all of the horrible side effects including cramps, bloating, and breast tenderness.

March 17, 2015 1:36 PM

Review by Tay26:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this medicine for almost 2 weeks now. It has made me have spotting but I haven't really experienced anything else. I haven't had much of an appetite though, but hey, I'm not complaining.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 11:42 PM

Review by Nikkip33:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Best birth control I've ever taken. No weight gain, no periods (due to low hormone, Doc said that was normal) However, why am I paying nearly $100 for this pill! I have insurance too! I want to continue using this pill because my body is taking it really well but I'm going broke!

March 4, 2015 7:18 PM

Review by Gildess user86 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm almost done with my 2nd month. I honestly was scared to take this at first after reading the reviews, but it really isn't bad at all. The symptoms Are very mild for me, I get some breakouts but its not that bad. I notice some slight change in mood. I can get irritated easy but I notice it and don't let it bother me. The only thing that bothers me is pretty much having another period mid cycle, wasn't really light spotting either. It was done After like 4 days but I know I'm about to start my actual one in about 6 days so that is annoying. I'm going to keep on this for another couple months since the symptoms are so mild and I'll just get more used to them. All I can say is I love free birth control!

February 28, 2015 10:39 AM

Review by CeeCee44:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: So far, so good! I had never been on birth control before and had read some horror stories about birth control, specifically this kind. The first few days, I had awful migraines -- after that, everything went completely back to normal. I feel like myself; in fact, I think my moods (especially around my period) are much more level than in the past. Some tenderness, little nausea, but nothing that I can't handle. I highly recommend this birth control and enjoy being on it!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2015 8:39 PM

Review by Andy 8a (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I am on my fourth month with this pill and it works great. The only side effect I have seen is very mild blemishes, which does bother me because before starting use of the medication I rarely ever got pimples. My periods are once a month but only last about two days and are fairly light. I am so far pleased.

February 24, 2015 5:37 PM

Review by Juanita359 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Doing great on this pill! My moods are even keel (notice moodiness near the days when you take iron but they are mild compared to the wild mood swings I experienced when I was not on the pill) and I don't get any periods anymore, ever. My doctor said this is fine and that this can sometimes be an effect of this low dose pill (great effect). I have not experienced any weight gain or loss with this pill which is key. Also, my skin seems clearer. Try it out! Only downside to me so far is the cost, about $25. But seems like small price to pay for no wild mood swings and no periods!

February 23, 2015 11:57 AM

Review by anormalcollegekid:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This has worked great for me! 9/10! I only say 9 because of something that has recently come up. I'm on my 4th pack of these pills and all of a sudden, since Thursday of week 2 (it's now Saturday), I've been spotting on and off, which I thought would happen the first three months, but it's month 4 and just starting now. But otherwise, my actual periods are almost nonexistent, very light only lasting about 2 days, so this really works great for me!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2015 10:10 PM

Review by not specified:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about 10 months & I LOVE it ! I originally got on it for birth control & it did the job. I haven't gotten pregnant after never using protection or any other contraception . I still get my normal 3 day period but a few months I had spotting or a longer period. overall, I love ❤ it and will continue to use it until I'm ready for another child.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2015 8:53 PM

Review by Saraaaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on it for little over a year now, starting it when I was 17. I was a bit moody at first, but no weight gain, acne did clear up decently. No pregnancy scares with my boyfriend. Definitely lessened cramps and flow once a month. However, after the one week on it each month I have mild cramps and light flow. Happens for a few days then back to nothing. Still have a period each month but pain and flow greatly reduced.

February 20, 2015 7:11 AM

Review by KLT110592:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm in the middle of my fourth month on the pill, and during this month I feel much better! I had some weight gain at first, but that's okay now. My face is having a lot more issues with acne so that sucks. The worst thing was during the first three months I had spotting for two weeks then would be off for a week and would spot again for two week. It was light, but constant and annoying!! I kept telling myself I was going to change and make an appointment asap but hesitated because I wanted to wait it out and give it more of a chance. I reccomend people to do that with this pill because it's all evening out right, it just took time.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 11:21 AM

Review by AbigailsMom1113:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Ive been taking it for a year now, works great for me. I can only do the pill because my body reacts so strangly to most but this has cause no problems for me. My mood is normal, weight is the same. I'd tell others to give it a chance

February 16, 2015 4:51 AM

Review by Clogan14:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on a low hormone pill for almost 10 years, this one has been the worst. I've been taking Gildess for about 4 months now and have noticed the worst of the side effects within the last two months. I'm incredibly moody, kind of depressed (weird highs and lows), almost no sex drive whatsoever and have gained about 10 pounds. I really don't feel like myself anymore and unfortunately it took me a while to figure out that it was the birth control that has been causing this. I will be switching ASAP.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2015 3:35 PM

Review by Daisy F.:

For Birth Control: Took this medicine for about two weeks and experienced mild stomach cramps, nausea, and gas. Happy to be off!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2015 10:26 AM

Review by Ghj:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking this for 3 weeks now and have had a light period the whole time. Everyone else is saying the opposite so I'm wondering why my results are different. Maybe I just need to give it more time for my body to get use to it.

February 12, 2015 10:48 AM

Review by JM2015:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Took Lo Loestrin Fe for about 18 months - during the first month or two I experienced some spotting and bleeding between periods, but after that my period stopped completely. I didn't mind it, because I was very good at taking it at the same time every day. I went off the pill a month ago and my period returned 5 weeks after stopping the pill.

February 10, 2015 11:00 AM

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This pill is great! I'm super sensitive to birth control pills and this is the only one I've ever felt normal on. I would definitely recommend it to anyone! I did have breakthrough bleeding the first few months but that seems to have cleared up. No actual periods really which is amazing. Also it is indeed experience BUT the ACA under Obama care has made it affordable. I was paying high out of pocket prices for it but I called my insurance and they told me I needed to have my doctor call and tell them it's the one I need to be on and then they would cover it for $0/ month! So thank god for that. Definitely check with your insurance and pharmacist! They are full of helpful information!

February 9, 2015 11:32 PM

Review by First experience (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I am almost done with my second month and I am having no problems! I was a little skeptical to start this pill but I am doing just fine on it. Don't be scared to give it a try, ladies.

February 8, 2015 8:14 PM

Review by summerforevverr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've only been on it for two months but so far I love it! My period lasts 1-2 days and its super light! It does make me feel a little nauseous every now and then but nothing too bad. Other then that its perfect! I still feel like myself and my skin is super clear, I highly recommend this birth control, its awesome!

February 7, 2015 1:56 PM

Review by Mood Swinger (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This medicine is effective and does the job of "birth control". However, I still have cramps and I have emotional breakdowns the few days before my period comes. I turn into an either sad or extremely angry person and I cannot take no for an answer. I am considering switching medications if this does not change. It is beginning to ruin relationships.

February 7, 2015 10:57 AM

Review by Lhocking (taken for less than 1 month):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been in this for 3 weeks. I had nausea in the beginning but then took it in the evening and much better. I had very dry skin issues and all has cleared up. So far I have no issues with it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2015 12:34 PM

Review by Anonomus (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I love Junel Fe. Been on it for a year a half the only side effect is I usually get migraines around my period. But I also have had migraines prior to beginning the pill. Periods are easily predictable and little lighter than they were before (4 days long). Cramps are the same for me, no weight gain, no difference in moodiness, and actually helped stop breast tenderness for me. Love the iron pills as the placebos. And best of all it's free.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate