User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Generess Fe, ...show all 80 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 32 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 1240 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Review by Jamiek11:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've just recently started taking Minastrin, I haven't even made it through the first packet and I'm noticing side effects. I've had severe back pain, and mild mood swings, I want to cry all the time & it's affecting my relationship. I get mad at my boyfriend for every single thing he does & I was not like that at all before. I've been a very angry and depressed person since taking it.

September 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Review by Hatethispill (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Terrible headaches, heavy bleeding throughout the month. Awful experience.

September 10, 2014 3:09 AM

Review by Sal 19371:

Gildess Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was on Gianvi before which gave me HORRIBLE mood swings, I put on weight, and I had my period every day. I was then switched to Gildess Fe and I love it. My weight went down and it's east for me to lose weight. I don't really have junk cravings, and I don't get my period. The first month of taking this medicine I spotted every day, but by the second pack all my spotting was gone. Definitely would recommend this medicine.

September 9, 2014 11:18 AM

Review by Kendyl22:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was browsing the web looking for reviews for contraceptive options, due to the fact that it is hard for me to remember to take the pill everyday. I have been on Loestrin/Minastrin for 6 years now, and I have loved it. I was put on this birth control my first day at the gyno as a test pack to see if the pill was right for me. I fell in love with fact that you only had to have your period four days a month so I was sold! The only time I wasn't on this pill is when my pharmacy accidentally prescribed me the generic brand but it was an easy fix. For anyone who wants to try it I encourage them to do so. It has been awesome for me. I never seemed to have any problems with it!

September 6, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by harper21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is probably the pill I'll never take. The first six months were great. I lost weight, had 100% regular periods with no in between bleeding. Now I've had a good 4 months of non-stop anxiety, paranoia, and depression that wasn't there before. I have also developed bleeding the week before my period is supposed to show up. Definitely switching pills ASAP.

September 6, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by KayRenee:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm a week from completing my 2nd pack of this birth control and so far, so good. My first two weeks I experienced slight nausea, nothing to stop my day. I did have recurrent headaches during that period as well however, they've diminished in occurrence. My first 'period' was extremely light. I only saw pale streaks upon wiping, nothing transferred to my liner. I have experienced a leap in my appetite so I've had to take more care in my eating habits. Overall, I'd recommend this pill to others. My effects have been minimal and I still feel like myself.

September 5, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by HappyNoww:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: After being on four different types of birth control pills in 3 1/2 yrs and having HORRIBLE side effects ranging from acne, hair falling out, spotting for months, to anxiety, to stroke-like sypmtoms and going to the ER, my OBGYN suggested Generess FE. I LOVE this pill! No side effects at all, other than my breasts have gone from a 34C to a very full 34D! No weight gain (other than in my chest), nausea, headaches, no "foggy" feeling at all. These pills are easy to take, pleasant tasting, and the light, 2-3 day periods are an awesome bonus! I am so happy to have found a birth control pill that works for me and doesn't have nasty side effects. I highly recommend this form of birth control!

September 4, 2014 11:38 PM

Review by Tutsy:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Made me moody mid cycle and really pms-y the week before my period. I lost my period for a while there and they tried me on this birth control to help it start up again. I didn't gain weight until about 6 months of taking it, I started to baloon up from 117-132lbs. I'm not very tall so it was noticeable. It made it hard to lose weight. It's been a week since I've stopped the birth control and I already feel less hungry and less puffy. Losing the weight will be no problem now I feel. This compared to others was much better, but not for me long term.

September 4, 2014 8:53 PM

Review by Neisha615:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is my first month of using this birth control I haven't had a period yet. I'm broke out in bad acne having mood swings and depression, which I don't like. I stay angry at everybody. I'm on my last week of the pill I'll never take this pill again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2014 10:56 PM

Review by Jocey1990:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Well the first 2 months on Microgestin Fe 1/20 my period didn't regulate until the third month. I started the 4th month pack & got my period a week before & it's a super light flow. I called my doctor & they prescribed me a higher dosage 1.5/30 and they said for sure my period should cut off & regulate. But I didn't have any side effects or weight gain or bad acne. I'm going to finish this first pack if I don't like it then I'll switch to Aviane.

September 2, 2014 7:29 PM

Review by JNVW:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: When I first started this medicine, I would get headaches and feel super sleepy within the first 5 minutes of taking it. But those side effects subsided as I got to my next pill pack. Probably the worst part of this medication is that it caused me to have more and consistent acne than before (which is one reason why I wanted birth control in the first place). Along with acne, Microgestin Fe 1/20 caused the skin above my upper lip to darken (known as Melasma). It wasn't too noticeable at first, but as summer went on, and with more sun, it got worse. It was effective as a birth control and good with period regulation but I wasn't pleased with the negative side-effects AT ALL so I have recently switched over to Gianvi.

September 1, 2014 10:13 PM

Review by Tiff-Bunny:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is the first time being on birth control. I've been on the pill for 3 months, I am 5'2 and I was 130lbs before, now I'm 150lbs. I don't have mood swings, and my sex drive is still pretty high, and my skin looks amazing. Overall the pill does it's job.

August 31, 2014 11:03 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've started taking this pill about a month ago and only complaint I have is I broke out along my chin and jawline. It's beginning to clear up and I heard that it takes 1 or 2 packs for the acne to balance out. So far I love this pill!

August 31, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by missdolly (taken for less than 1 month):

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I have been on Microgestin 1/20 for about three weeks now and the side effects were not shy. First two days I had bad migraines, the third and fourth had cramps and the fifth to seventh day I was extremely depressed. I cried over almost everything and anything. Starting the second week it seemed like things were going okay until I started bleeding and it hasn't stopped. Isn't that the whole purpose? I got over my period two and a half weeks ago and now I'm getting it again and there are no signs of it stopping anytime soon. Good thing is I don't have mood swings or anything anymore but this excessive bleeding is now the problem.

August 30, 2014 11:36 AM

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is the third birth control I have tried and I have no complaints whatsoever! I've been on it for a little over a year now. It has the lowest dosage of artificial hormones, doesn't make me gain weight or have crazy mood swings. The only things I have noticed while taking it is occasionally a low sex drive, which is honestly not a problem unless you want to feel sexy 24/7, which, let's face it, is just not for everyone. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is starting out on birth control for the first time or is looking for an alternative. It's gentle, it's not conflicting with my lifestyle and I have my period regularly without any spotting. Everyone's body is different, so definitely ask your OBGYN. Hope this helps!

August 25, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by mm3100:

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: LOVE this birth control! First 3 months were pretty rough as my body adjusted but now that I'm on my 5th pack I feel 100% like myself! No acne, no weight gain, no mood swings, great energy, normal appetite, etc. Once your body adjusts to it its a great birth control option!

August 22, 2014 2:35 PM

Review by TJ1234:

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is my first birth control ever. I am 18 years old, 116lbs and am on my third week. It made my vagina really dry. Gave me emotional mood swings. I am also upset at my boyfriend and feeling angry. I have no sexual drive. I am definitely going to try another pill.

August 20, 2014 12:10 PM

Review by Tbaby02:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is the first birth control I have ever been on, and it's awful. I only gave it a 10 because it does what it's suppose to. I've been on the pill for 6 months. The first three months I had severe acne. I've never had an acne problem until then. Spotting is a severe problem, I have to wear pads majority of the time (two weeks at the most with no spotting). Periods are very irregular, one day I'm good the next few days I'm not. I've experienced mood swings, and cramping. Not a good experience at all.

August 19, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by randombee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I take birth control for my severe PMS symptoms, and this is easily the best I've tried. After a few days of very mild nausea in the beginning, Microgestin 1/20 has given me no noticeable side effects besides going up a full cup size. If anything, I've lost weight (including the three pounds I gained on my previous birth control), have had no breakouts or spotting, and cramps so mild that for the first time in a long time, I didn't need to take any pain medication. Plus, the low dose means no significant increase in breast cancer risk. I'd recommend this BC to anyone.

August 19, 2014 2:05 PM

Review by CMLM:

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I gained a lot of weight and had a significant increase in headaches. It left me feeling moody, tired and unbalanced.

August 19, 2014 1:46 PM

Review by marley1989:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Some background: I am 25, have never been on birth control and have regular periods. I'm on my 5th pack of Lo Loestrin Fe and so far am pretty pleased with it other than a few annoying things. I did experience some spotting in the very beginning, and when I started my 4th pack I got my period 2 weeks early which was surprising since I'm so used to having a regular period. I also seem to get a mild yeast infection around the time of my period which, as you can imagine, is awful. I don't really want to stop taking this pill because my skin has cleared up and I haven't gained any weight. Just dealing with the yeast with probiotics/yogurt and hopefully it'll all balance out. If not I'm just going to stop taking it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2014 2:48 PM

Review by Jenbb:

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: The first night I took This pill I got the worst headache that woke me up, followed by severe nausea and vomiting. Hours later my left arm went numb and I had to go to the urgent care. It was so scary! If this happens to you- stop taking it!

August 17, 2014 12:46 AM

Review by Brenna C:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about 3 months now and I am really considering changing it. I have a really weird period side effect where it changes the color of my period & it makes it come early or late & it always makes me scared that I'm pregnant. Plus I can never loose weight being on this pill. Lastly, the pill makes me very moody as well. I am going to talk to my doctor about it at the end of the month.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2014 1:31 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I took Lo Loestrin Fe for 9 months. It was the first contraceptive I had taken but my body had a hard time getting used to it. I broke out in mild hives, I had muscle aches, nausea, mood swings the first week. After that things pretty well smoothed out slowly I didn't break through bleed, didn't gain weight, acne cleared up maybe 5 periods the whole time I took it. It definitely helped with cramps and pain, which is why I began taking it. Though it worked good after about 5 months of taking it I began getting migraines and feeling tired all the time and cramping a little more so I'm switching off it, but it was good for me for a while I really liked it!

August 15, 2014 12:07 AM

Review by Nicolemichelle:

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Very fast weight gain. I have been on these pills about two months now and have gained 15lbs

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate