User Reviews for Vagifem

Learn more about Vagifem.

Vagifem Review Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Atrophic Vaginitis.

Reviews for Vagifem to treat Atrophic Vaginitis

"I used Vagifem as prescribed by my Gyn. I used this product as directed for on an off for a period of 2 years. I developed fallopian and ovarian cancer last year. I have had to have a hysterectomy-oophorectomy and excision of tumors. I feel that this was related to my taking the Vagifem even though my Gyn stated that this was a small dose of hormone and would not cause any adverse problems. I have since found that this is not the truth!"

Mary Ann Williams (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2015

"I have been using Vagifem 10mcg for 8-9 months and I just switched to Estrace vaginal cream 1gr. Vagifem kept my vagina healthy but the estrogen doesn't reach the external genital area which remains dry. With cream I'm able to use it in the vagina but I spread a little extra on the outside."

Cream is better November 28, 2014

"completely stopped vaginal dryness."

dragon4 May 21, 2014

"Vagifem truly changed my life. Intercourse was almost impossible for me before my doctor prescribed Vagifem. Intercourse felt like knives in my vagina and my tissues were so dry,raw, and painful that I was in constant pain. I have been using it now for about a month and the difference is unbelievable. No more pain or irritation. No side effects so far."

kappin March 31, 2014

"No side effects and saw an immediate improvement, as well as a more peaceful state of mind, which may or may not be in my head, but I don't care. I felt great taking this medication, and it helped with the painful entry/sex that I was experiencing. Now, no problems!"

GoGirl62 February 17, 2014

"It works for me, my insurance does cover some of it but since it is not generic I have to pay almost the whole thing.."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 19, 2012

"At first I didn't have any side effects but the longer I have taken this medication I have been experiencing headaches. I never used to get headaches before and I have had bloating in my abdominal area. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 6, 2012

"Vagifem greatly helps me with my atrophic vagnitis. I was having extreme burning and pain. I only wish I did not have to take this the rest of my life like my doctor advised me. The mediciation sometimes gives me a slight headache."

Anonymous February 20, 2012