User Reviews for Nexium

Learn more about Nexium.

Nexium Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 68 medications used in the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis.

Reviews for Nexium to treat Erosive Esophagitis

"I have been with horrible chest pressure for the last 2 weeks. Impossible to sleep. I have lost around 6lb, today I went to the doctor office and she send me Nexium. She tells me I have esophagitis. With just the first pill, all my pains have disappeared! I hope it continues this way, as I can enjoy life again."

impachan (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2016

"I was on Aciphex for 4-5 yrs. but the expense of it shifted me over to Nexium. I have now been taking 20 mg. Nexium 4 yrs. & have not had a GERD attack in years. My concerns are now that you can buy it OTC, I am concerned it will not be strong enough? And secondly, why is it that most nutritionists & holistic doctors insist that these acid controlling pills are the worse thing to take for your body? I tried not taking it for 2 mos. & immediately had an attack which is horrible. Can someone answer my concerns please."

BK August 7, 2015

"I have been on this medicine for about three years with good effect. My problem has cleared up. However, for the last week I have woken at about 1.30 am with severe heartburn so obviously the medication no longer is working. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2012

"This has been wonderful for me. No more excessive belching and burning and the pain in my chest has almost gone with the first treatment. I'm not scared to eat some of my favorite foods anymore."

Anonymous December 16, 2011

"Always works!! But I make sure I am not dependent on it. I use it after a pause of 3 months. Nexium has a acid rebound effect once stopped abruptly. If you bear this, it will disappear in 2 - 3 days."

Anonymous October 12, 2009

"nexium has been a Godsend for me, my acid reflux is gone. I can eat,go to bed, and not have any pain, the only side=effect I have had is a dull abdominal pain."

Anonymous May 22, 2008