User Reviews for Doryx

Cholera 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ehrlichiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Enterocolitis 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 31 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lymphogranuloma Venereum 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doryx reviews 53 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Doryx

Review by finallysatisfied: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I went on Doryx about 2 weeks ago and I've already seen a huge improvement. At first I thought the pills were really big, but they're not that bad at all (don't make it a bigger deal than it is!). You can take it at any time of day and watching the progress of your skin getting clearer is so awesome. I used this product with Differin and a prescribed face wash. I don't know if it will work for everyone but I do know it did for me. I didn't have much trouble getting a lot of acne so far. I think it just doesn't happen for some people. I'm seeing improvement right away. RECOMMENDED!

March 22, 2011 10:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: My dermatologist put me on Doryx a few months ago and for a long time I didn't see a difference but within the past 3 months my acne has cleared up and it looks so much better than it use to and I really only break out now before my period. Only now I'm getting stomach pains and I've been told to slowly wean myself off it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2011 4:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I was given Doryx for acne and it seems to have made it worse.

February 1, 2011 5:14 PM
Review by boricua-5:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I have been taking Doryx for about 7 months and it has done wonders to my face but everytime I stop taking it within a month or even a week my face starts getting alot of Zits and bumps and then when I get back on the pill it takes at least a week or so before my face can clear up but then I have Scars of that zit and it takes a month so the scar can fade away but other then that I think it's been okay and my skin is Clear with Little Scars.

December 25, 2010 10:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I took Doryx for 2 months and it worked. I stopped taking it and it started coming back in 2 months. Now I paid $270 to buy it again as my insurance would not cover it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2010 12:22 AM
Review by colmon: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Rosacea: My face cleared up in about 10 days.

October 23, 2010 2:00 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I went to the dermatologist last week and already I have been seeing AMAZING results! My acne before wasn't awful, but I wanted it to be completely gone. So my doctor prescribed me Doryx and CeraVe face lotion. So far I haven't had any breakouts and my pore size has shrunk. Also, I haven't had any stomach pains. Good Luck!

September 29, 2010 7:36 PM
Review by randyjs: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: Three days ago, I went to the dermatologist for the first time. I have a modest severe problem with acne and have been using all kinds of over the counter acne products like Neutrogena, Clearasil, Clean and Clear, etc. She said that I have been wasting a lot a lot of money on the acne products I have used in the past, just because they are all the same . She put me on Doryx 150 MG, Differin 0.3%, and also told me to wash my face with Cetaphil. I can say that my acne scars, which I have on both cheeks, have faded a little and the size of my pimples have gotten smaller. She said that the first month is going to be the worst because I will breakout but should see a big improvement the second month. I am really depending on this to work!

September 25, 2010 8:48 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: When I first started taking this medication my acne did get worse. However I stuck with it for four months and then my acne COMPLETELY cleared up. I had it bad for the first month. I stopped taking it because my skin was clear. That was a huge mistake. My acne came back in like less then a month and worse than before. I think I went off it too quickly. I am about to go back on it and stay on it until my dermatologist tells me so otherwise this time.

September 14, 2010 3:46 AM
Review by Mark88: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: From Yr 11 to Yr 12 I was on this for acne. My face was a mess. I was really not sure about my life etc. So happy I took this along with Tea Tree Cream. People I meet are amazed I even had an acne condition.

July 19, 2010 11:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I have been using Doryx for a month with the Acanya acne gel and it helped so much I have not had any new pimples (well maybe 1 or 2) since then. It's amazing. I'm 16 years old and my dermatologist first recommended Solydyn, it did not help at all. I'm so glad Doryx is working and it's apparently supposed to get better. The only thing is the pills are really big but other than that, awesome.

June 23, 2010 9:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I'm 20 years old and have been using Doryx for a month and it has made my acne worse. I don't feel like it is going to help to continue the use for another month.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 10, 2010 2:31 PM
Review by bbbbbb1234: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: It's been pretty good so far. My face has almost completely cleared in one month. I have had no stomach problems.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 2, 2010 10:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I have struggled since the age 15 with acne, I am now 35 and decided to go to the dermatologist again convinced to start using Accutane. My doctor put me on 150mg of Doryx along with Epiduo at night. I am on day 15 and all of my existing cysts have since gone and had no new breakouts. It is a big pill and have to take it on an empty stomach so some will have cramping, mine are not bad.

March 9, 2010 11:10 AM
Review by v_crutchfield: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Great for COPD patients.

March 3, 2010 2:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I am 14, and I started using Doryx about a month ago. It hasn't worked for me, actually within the first few weeks my acne got worst, bigger, redder, and more painful pimples on my face. In the dermatologist's office he said if this doesn't work in a month give me a call and we will give you something else. So I called him today, and he tells me to use it for another month. Do you really think I want my acne to get worse. NO! I was skeptical so I got online. Some reviews say it worked instantly, others say it took months, and some even say it never worked. I guess I will keep using it for another month, but if it doesn't clear my skin I will go back to my dermatologist.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2010 7:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: If you listen to your doctor, they tell you that while taking Doryx your acne may get worse in the first few months. That is no reason to quit. Thankfully for me this has not happened; in fact Dorxy cleared up my acne in about a month! I'm so happy that it did not irritate my stomach like most other antibiotics do.

January 19, 2010 4:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I'm 14 years old, and my dermatologist prescribed Doryx for me for 2 months and all it did was create worse acne. I have no idea why it didn't work, but I was put on Sulfamethoxazole about a week ago, and I already see a difference. My dermatologist said this drug is almost the same as Doryx, but has a different molecule in it. If you are going to try Doryx, I would definitely take it with food. With Doryx I threw up 4 times because I didn't take it with enough food.

November 21, 2009 1:55 PM
Review by jennayy!: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: I am 15, and have been having acne for about 5 years now. It was not too bad, just plenty of black heads and whiteheads. I also had bad scarring. So I went to my dermatologists for the first time about 3 weeks ago, and she put me on Duac, Doryx, and Epiduo. All of those put together did wonders for me! In about 3 weeks 85 percent of my acne is gone! At first my face burned and was dry, but I think it was just my skin getting used to it. I put some moisturizer on and now I don't have a problem with it! It is only 25 dollars for a 30 day supply, and I will keep taking this till my skin it completely clear! I will really recommend it! If your acne isn't that bad this is great for you but if it is really bad I would recommend Accutane!

November 17, 2009 10:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: Although this medication is expensive, it seems to be worth it. I suffer from three kinds of adult acne and the Doryx completely eliminated the clogged pores on my nose in just two days! I'm eager to see the results to the rest of my skin in a week or so.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 28, 2009 8:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Urinary Tract Infection: Took a ten day dosage for urethritis (similar to UTI) and it did not cure it - though some symptoms went away. My friend also had it, though, and it worked fine for him. I recently changed to Ciprofloxacin, so hopefully that will have better results.

October 15, 2009 3:16 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: My son's doctor added this to Duac. It cleared everything up. My son had trouble spreading the Duac (fine motor problems) and what the Duac didn't reach, the Doryx did.

August 23, 2009 2:14 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: It works if you take it over a month but do follow instructions on the bottle about how you are supposed to take.

August 3, 2009 2:02 PM
Review by Nick2222: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: This doesn't allow me to write very much so I can't share my whole story. I hate taking prescription drugs, but I gave Doryx a chance and it's been a God send. I developed acne in my late 20's, after being acne free since puberty. The cyst like acne would hurt badly and leave terrible marks. With Doryx, every zit on my problem areas were completely gone within 4 days and the red marks from past zits have already faded. I was concerned of side effects and I have had none whatsoever. I am supposed to take it everyday, but I only take it Monday-Friday. I once went 5 days without taking it and got a zit, but getting back on the pills cleared it right up. I pay $25 for a months supply, worth every penny.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 29, 2009 10:52 PM
Review by lyme mom: User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Lyme Disease, Neurologic: My daughter (16) was prescribed Doryx 150 mg 2 x day for Lyme disease after exhausting all other antibiotics and her symptoms returned. After two doses she started to experience paranoia and anxiety. Could this be herxheimer's reaction meaning it is working (resurgence or original symptoms of Lyme disease) or is this a severe adverse reaction?

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 20, 2009 8:31 PM
Page 1 2 3 Next

Suffering from knee pain? Find out how real people manage OA of the Knee. Watch Video