User Reviews for Docusate/senna

Also known as: Doc-Q-Lax, Doculax, Dok Plus, Ex-Lax Gentle Strength, Gentlax S, Laxacin, Peri-Colace, Senexon-S, Senna Plus, Senna S, Sennalax-S, Senokot S, SenoSol-SS

Learn more about Docusate/senna.

Docusate/senna review summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Constipation, Acute.

Reviews for Docusate/senna to treat Constipation, Acute

Review by alyagout (taken for less than 1 month):

Senna Plus (docusate / senna): Excellent medicine with little or no side-effects. I use it and highly recommend it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2014 7:45 AM

Review by netranger801 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I am on painkillers for my back and I don't know what I would do without these. You have to make to sure to take x2 pills every 12 hours for it to work right and don't miss taking them. They work, and work great.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 4:15 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Peri-Colace (docusate / senna): Works great when you take 3-4 & follow it with a hot cup of coffee!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2013 6:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Senokot S (docusate / senna): This is the only laxative/stool softener I can actually trust to take and produce a bowl movement within 12 hours! The only down side is that it gives me really bad stomach cramps about an hour before I am able to pass a bowl movement! If it was okay for me to take every day I would.

August 1, 2012 11:46 PM

Review by AUNT BOOTS:

Senokot S (docusate / senna): On a scale of one-ten I rate Senokot as a ten. I have chronic constipation since birth due to being born with a pituitary tumor and developed hypothyroidism. Nothing worked and the chronic constipation came full force the day after I graduated from college. I was in so much pain to the point where I could not eat, look for a job, or play waterpolo or my normal swimming. In 1985, a gastroentrologist put me on Senokot and it worked miracles. No bloating, was able to work out again and enjoy life. I HAD TO TAKE FOUR A DAY ONLY BECAUSE MY STOMACH WAS SO FAR GONE; BUT NO BLOATING NO IRRITATION OR HEARTBURN.

January 4, 2012 5:11 PM

Senna S (docusate / senna): It took over 12 hours to produce the desired effect but it was effective and gentle.

March 30, 2011 5:10 PM

Review by Gaizzer:

Senokot S (docusate / senna): Works great.

May 10, 2010 4:53 PM

Review by sunnidaze:

Senna Plus (docusate / senna): Drink the full glass of water. Then this action is more natural than many others I have tried. Find the right amount for you and then it doesn't cause painful stomach or flatulence.

December 1, 2009 1:00 AM